PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo: sources say Kerr has told teams that he’s willing to trade anyone, except Nash

Wade_County
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 5 minutes ago

Buzz up!3 votes PrintMore From Adrian WojnarowskiLeBron finds Garden work fulfilling Feb 5, 2009 Bryant's 61 will grow in Garden's history Feb 3, 2009
Perhaps signaling a willingness to dismantle their roster, the Phoenix Suns have begun exchanging trade proposals with teams for All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire, league executives told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

With dysfunction and dissension reigning within the Suns, rival front-office executives believe general manager Steve Kerr is determined to move Stoudemire and others before the Feb. 19 trade deadline.

While Stoudemire, 26, is the Suns’ most valuable asset, sources say Kerr has told teams that he’s willing to trade anyone on his roster except for point guard Steve Nash.

“Everyone is on the table but Nash,” one executive said.

Phoenix owner Robert Sarver has been more reluctant to part with Stoudemire and still hasn’t yet given his blessing to act on a Stoudemire proposal. Nevertheless, most believe that Sarver will inevitably do so.

While there will likely be some interest in a rejuvenated Shaquille O’Neal, it is Stoudemire, the enigmatic 6-foot-10, 250-pound forward, whom most NBA teams have an interest in acquiring.

If Kerr and assistant GM David Griffin do trade Stoudemire, a four-time All-Star, they want a combination of expiring contracts, a talented young player – preferably a forward – and draft picks. Stoudemire is expected to opt out of his contract for the historic free-agent summer of 2010. He makes $15 million this season and $16.3 million next season. His relationship with Suns management has steadily deteriorated and few expect that either side is interested in a contract extension.

Phoenix made the biggest move of the trade deadline a year ago, trading Shawn Marion for Shaquille O’Neal in a deal that the Suns believed could help them overtake the San Antonio Spurs and Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference. Yet, the Suns lost to the Spurs in the first round of the playoffs, which turned into a prelude to an acrimonious exit with coach Mike D’Antoni.

This season, Phoenix has struggled to a 26-21 record, which leaves them tied for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference. The Suns were blown out Wednesday night in Golden State, 124-112.

With O’Neal clogging the middle, Stoudemire has expressed frustration with a diminished offensive role. Stoudemire still flusters his GM and coach because of an unwillingness to commit to anything but scoring. Stoudemire’s scoring and rebounding averages have dropped this season, and he recently told Yahoo! Sports that he was struggling with an offense that features fewer pick-and-rolls for him, fewer touches in the low post.

“It is harder,” Stoudemire said. “When you’re in the flow, everything flows. When you’re not, sometimes it’s hard to get involved.”

After the loss to Golden State, Stoudemire told reporters, “To keep losing these games the way we are, it’s not fun. I’m not used to it. It’s almost against my religion.”

Sources believe the Suns are more apt to shop Stoudemire to the Eastern Conference, where Toronto and New York are natural possibilities. Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo drafted Stoudemire for the Suns, and Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni helped turn him into an All-Star. Still, the acrimonious nature of Colangelo’s and D’Antoni’s departures could lessen Phoenix management’s willingness to deal with them.

Nevertheless, Phoenix promises once more be at the center of the league’s biggest trade talks leading up to the deadline.

GunFactor187
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Joe D. make a move for STAT, stat!!!!!

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Trading Amare Stoudemire will be the biggest mistake Steve Kerr makes in his life, I say they put everyone on the block except Stoudemire, Richardson, and Barbosa. They give Amare as much money as he wants it let it be his team, the guy is that damn good and he is only getting better. How much longer can Steve Nash play on a high level? They need to get something good for him now.

Trouble87
02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Steve Kerr is gunnin to be the Isiah Thomas of the west.... he just cant leave well enough alone

Jonathan2323
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Amare for Bosh.

KeithLBC
02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
The Lakers need to make a move for the big Diesel :D Shaqovich for Radmonovic & Odom :)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=614~617~1016&teams=13~21~21&te=&cash=

:clap:

thapharcyd
02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
The only way Amar'e stays is if Shaq gets traded.

DitchDat
Trading Amare Stoudemire will be the biggest mistake Steve Kerr makes in his life, I say they put everyone on the block except Stoudemire, Richardson, and Barbosa. They give Amare as much money as he wants it let it be his team, the guy is that damn good and he is only getting better. How much longer can Steve Nash play on a high level? They need to get something good for him now.

Amare is washed up now :confused:

Plus, they won't trade him away for crap players. They'll be looking to get something good in return.

RaptorFan89
I would do that trade!

abe_froman
02-05-2009, 04:24 PM

Plus, they won't trade him away for crap players. They'll be looking to get something good in return.

did you read his post?

he said trading amare would be a mistake,and trade everyone but him(and a couple others),give him as much money as he wants,and make it his team(not nash's);how did you equate all that with being washed up??

JordansBulls
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Bulls give up Deng, Tyrus, Gooden, and Hinrich for Amare and filler.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM

Did you mean Nash? Because Stoudemire is not washed up lol

Sport
02-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Keep Nash but everyone else is on the block? Not sure I understand this thinking.

NYMetros
02-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Why would the Suns trade one of their players to one of their rivals in the Lakers? Not happening.

still1ballin
02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Kerr=idiot

king4day
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Wow you haven't watched many Suns games this year.
While I'd be weary of dealing Amare, it's clear that he's not gonna resign. So get something while you can. He's not trying anymore. That's not just me saying it in frustration....Amare Stoudemire has stopped trying. Watch the game friday night and you'll see. Last night was an embarressment seein him just stand around. He needs a new start. I wouldn't be opposed to Amare for Bosh. Gives both guys a new beginning.

But more likely, I can see a deal for david lee and change.

I agree that dealing Nash would be wise too.

Lakers4ItAll
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
That would be nice for Bulls

KmB728
02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
The Celtics would gladley take Amare off of their hands

king4day
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Keep Nash but everyone else is on the block? Not sure I understand this thinking.

I think the belief is, Nash can make anything work if it's the right system/players. Maybe he believes the success can remain with Steve, even if it's not great, no matter who's on this team.
I'll tell you this right now though, if we swapped Amare for David Lee, we'd be a much better team and probably a lock for the playoffs.

QUICKTRADE
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
The Celtics would gladley take Amare off of their hands

you should give kg in return for him...would you do that?

king4day
02-05-2009, 04:41 PM

If the article is accurate, then that deal isn't possible due to the contracts and lack of young (though deng is young) talent and expirings.

king4day
02-05-2009, 04:42 PM
you should give kg in return for him...would you do that?

I'd much rather have Perkins or Rondo.

DrDEADalready
02-05-2009, 04:45 PM
The Jazz will take Shaq from ya. Deal?

Lakersfan2483
02-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Steve Kerr is wrecking their franchise, why would you trade Amare, but say that Nash is "untradeable?" Nash is 34 yrs old and at the tail end of his career and Amare is only 26 yrs. old and the team's best player.

Wade_County
02-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Trading Amare Stoudemire will be the biggest mistake Steve Kerr makes in his life.

with that being said, he should just trade him for Marion:clap: I mean its Steve Kerr so theres a chance! J/K but i can dream

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
lakers won't get stat but i'd love it if they did trade gasol for him

king4day
02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
The Jazz will take Shaq from ya. Deal?

Give us Milsap and he's yours

PHX-SOXFAN
02-05-2009, 04:50 PM

amare for sheed and stuckey would be great.

Amare plays no defense and has turned into the manny ramirez of the suns. He's all about himself, isn't committed to defense, wants money more than giving up shots and playing d for a title.

I don't see how people are ripping kerr for making amare available. Are the suns just supposed to stand by and let this guy be a cancer because he can play offense and is young? He's a 6'10" ced ceballos. WE need a complete player to anchor a franchise, not a gunner at forward who gives up 30 from the guy he guards every night.

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Looks like the Shaq deal is backfiring in a major way. The deal for J Rich wasn't that good either. Im guessing they will get screwed again if they deal Amare.

gocubs2118
02-05-2009, 05:00 PM
If the article is accurate, then that deal isn't possible due to the contracts and lack of young (though deng is young) talent and expirings.

Tyrus isn't young talent? Thats news to me and Gooden's contract expires after this year. I don't understand where your coming from.

king4day
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Tyrus isn't young talent? Thats news to me and Gooden's contract expires after this year. I don't understand where your coming from.

Forgot about TT. But Deng's contract isn't attractive.
I thought Gooden was a few years out. Maybe I was thinking Hughes.

Bishnoff
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Steve Kerr is wrecking their franchise, why would you trade Amare, but say that Nash is "untradeable?" Nash is 34 yrs old and at the tail end of his career and Amare is only 26 yrs. old and the team's best player.

Amar'e is not the Suns' best player. Most talented? Maybe offensively and athletically, but his deteriorating effort and unwillingness to fit in are two of Phoenix’s biggest problems right now.

A 6’5” 220lb Azubuike took STAT for 19 points of 4-5 shooting from behind the arc in the first quarter of last night’s game against the Warriors. This is a mismatch that Amar’e should have dominated yet he only ended up with 13 points and 8 rebounds (which he obtained when the result had been decided and the Warriors had taken their foot off the throttle).

I don’t agree that Nash should be the only player who won’t be traded. Nash’s weak defense kills us and our young guys are unproven and should be given a few seasons.

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM

TT is young and a forward, Deng is also a young forward, Gooden is an expiring and Kirk is a good PG who is pretty young. Isn't that what the article said, young forward and expiring?

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Amar'e is not the Suns' best player. Most talented? Maybe offensively and athletically, but his deteriorating effort and unwillingness to fit in are two of Phoenix’s biggest problems right now.

A 6’5” 220lb Azubuike took STAT for 19 points of 4-5 shooting from behind the arc in the first quarter of last night’s game against the Warriors. This is a mismatch that Amar’e should have dominated yet he only ended up with 13 points and 8 rebounds (which he obtained when the result had been decided and the Warriors had taken their foot off the throttle).

I don’t agree that Nash should be the only player who won’t be traded. Nash’s weak defense kills us and our young guys are unproven and should be given a few seasons.

That's why PF's don't guard SG's, but GS plays SG's at PF, so you can't put that on Amare.

PHX-SOXFAN
02-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Looks like the Shaq deal is backfiring in a major way. The deal for J Rich wasn't that good either. Im guessing they will get screwed again if they deal Amare.

how did they get screwed on either trade?:confused:

Marion wanted a $20mil extension and they needed a center. shaq is playing like an all-star, marion looks like he's worth less than $10mil a year now. That was a good trade.

amare always said he wanted to be a #4 and not guard the big guy. now they have shaq, shaq is outplaying him and he is *****ing about shots.

the shaq trade looks great now. the j-rich trade is a wash. boris is playing good for now, but we've seen that before several times. let's see how long this one lasts. and would you want him for $9mil a year?

vandoc
02-05-2009, 05:09 PM

Yeah, that really backfired on them...a 36 yr old who was supposed to be washed up is averaging 17.8pts, 9.0rebs, 1.7ast, 1.6blk and shooting almost 60% from the field. He made the All-Star team too...geez, what a dumb trade.
The problem is not Shaq, because he is playing so well even though the offense is usually not run through him (if you watch a Suns game, notice how Nash will dribble away from Shaq on purpose).
Amare has bought into all the hype about how great he is...and now he's sulking because he has some poor offensive nights. If he is such a great basketball talent, then he'd be able to adjust to having a real centre on his team (the game has been played this way for ages). If he can't win with Shaq and Nash on his team (3 MVP awards between them), a good perimeter player in Richardson, solid role-players like Hill and Barbosa, then is Amare really as good as everyone is saying he is?....in my humble opinion..NO.

cyn
02-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Best trades for amare are bosh or david lee, nate, chandler, and rose. I like new york the best. Bulls do not have anything we need. We don't need pistons old men. Milsap and okur would be a nice trade. I am happy that it is out there about wanting to trade him. Nash is a top 5 point guard, if you can't get one of the top 4 why would you trade nash? He is still the engine for our team. I would consider shaq for odom and vulyacic (don't know the spelling).

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
how did they get screwed on either trade?:confused:

Marion wanted a $20mil extension and they needed a center. shaq is playing like an all-star, marion looks like he's worth less than $10mil a year now. That was a good trade.

amare always said he wanted to be a #4 and not guard the big guy. now they have shaq, shaq is outplaying him and he is *****ing about shots.

the shaq trade looks great now. the j-rich trade is a wash. boris is playing good for now, but we've seen that before several times. let's see how long this one lasts. and would you want him for $9mil a year?
Did you guy's win more games with Marion or Shaq? I thought sucess was judged on the teams record and not on if a player is playing like an all star.

Nets fan 93
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Everyone but nash? Kerr= :drunk: ?

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah, that really backfired on them...a 36 yr old who was supposed to be washed up is averaging 17.8pts, 9.0rebs, 1.7ast, 1.6blk and shooting almost 60% from the field. He made the All-Star team too...geez, what a dumb trade.
The problem is not Shaq, because he is playing so well even though the offense is usually not run through him (if you watch a Suns game, notice how Nash will dribble away from Shaq on purpose).
Amare has bought into all the hype about how great he is...and now he's sulking because he has some poor offensive nights. If he is such a great basketball talent, then he'd be able to adjust to having a real centre on his team (the game has been played this way for ages). If he can't win with Shaq and Nash on his team (3 MVP awards between them), a good perimeter player in Richardson, solid role-players like Hill and Barbosa, then is Amare really as good as everyone is saying he is?....in my humble opinion..NO.Again, The team was winning at a higher clip with Marion, and in PHX Marion was also an all star.

PHX-SOXFAN
Did you guy's win more games with Marion or Shaq? I thought sucess was judged on the teams record and not on if a player is playing like an all star.

they won more games in d'antoni's style in the regular season. which player would you rather have short run, long run, regular season, or playoffs. I'd take shaq in every single one of those scenarios, easily.

king4day
TT is young and a forward, Deng is also a young forward, Gooden is an expiring and Kirk is a good PG who is pretty young. Isn't that what the article said, young forward and expiring?

We'd have to find 15mil in contracts on top of Amare to make that deal work.
Kirk is good, but not a 10mil a year PG. Deng too, is good, but not worth 10 a year.
Thomas yes, and Goodens expiring sure.

No matter who we deal Amare for, we won't get fair value in return.

Maybe Gordon, Gooden (both expirings), and TT. Thomas would be the main piece. This trade works financially.

cambovenzi
shaq for lakers platinum crap package?

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Wow you haven't watched many Suns games this year.
While I'd be weary of dealing Amare, it's clear that he's not gonna resign. So get something while you can. He's not trying anymore. That's not just me saying it in frustration....Amare Stoudemire has stopped trying. Watch the game friday night and you'll see. Last night was an embarressment seein him just stand around. He needs a new start. I wouldn't be opposed to Amare for Bosh. Gives both guys a new beginning.

But more likely, I can see a deal for david lee and change.

I agree that dealing Nash would be wise too.

Obviously I get to watch Amare only when the Suns are on National TV. I could see how you could say he is not going resign, but would you blame him? The Suns aren't making it "his" team and they never will until they get rid of Shaq and Nash. Stoudemire is the Suns best and most valuable player. Why do you think he is unhappy? Because they don't value him as much as they should.

PHX-SOXFAN
02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
shaq for lakers platinum crap package?

how are you a fan of a new york team, a chicago team, an la team, and a north carolina college?

kntresistheheat
02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
The lakers should trade for kwame and then use him to get shaq? Hey' it worked to get gasol.

DrDEADalready
02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Give us Milsap and he's yours

Eff that then. You can keep him.

PHX-SOXFAN
02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Obviously I get to watch Amare only when the Suns are on National TV. I could see how you could say he is not going resign, but would you blame him? The Suns aren't making it "his" team and they never will until they get rid of Shaq and Nash. Stoudemire is the Suns best and most valuable player. Why do you think he is unhappy? Because they don't value him as much as they should.

he's valued as much as he should be. he's a one dimensional player, a 6'-10" ced ceballos. he's a scorer only at the pf. he's concerned with his shots and his contract. he has no interest in wins and defense. he whined for years to get a center so he didn't have to guard the other team's #1 big, now he has that and he's whining about something else. he can't adjust and dedicate himself to winning. He's only dedicated to himself.

I don't see how people can't see that. this guy is not a #1 you build around. he's a #2 or #3.

kntresistheheat
02-05-2009, 05:19 PM
The heat would give you marion and banks for Amare:D Just kidding I dont think we want him? I will wait to see if we can get Bosh, or lebron:p

Frrrrank!!!
02-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Scal for Amare:D You never know, Kerr might do it...

kntresistheheat
02-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey now wait a second, I offerd Mark Blount for amare first:smoking:

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
they won more games in d'antoni's style in the regular season. which player would you rather have short run, long run, regular season, or playoffs. I'd take shaq in every single one of those scenarios, easily.
They lost in the 1st round with Shaq, and this year when they are not in d'antoni's system they are in danger of missing the playoffs or getting the 8th seed. Pretty bad if you ask me. They got Shaq to beat the Spurs and it failed. Marion would be a Free agent after this year so he could have been traded now or just let him walk, but the Suns have Shaq for 1 more year talking about how he loves Kobe and Phil and paying him over 20 million.

Cracka2HI!
02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Amare won't be traded IMO. NO team is going to give up equal value for him with 2010 on the horizion.

elithu
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM

what are you talking about? steve kerr has done nothing but get rid of players who clearly dont want to be on this team. its the notion of sunk costs: if these players arent doing anything to benefit the team, and in fact only dragging it down, you might as well be without them. especially if the suns can get something in return for the value they represent.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
while I clearly think Amare is overrated, he is still young, and entering his prime, and will be a 23-9 player for the next few years. If they were to trade him, better get some young proven talent and picks, which Phx would have had, but they keep selling their picks. They play no defense. Shaq is in the last year of his contract, and PHX is a desirable spot for FA's. Why not just let Shaq come off, and get a couple of really good players, at least one of which loves defense.

Wade_County
02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Rotoworld:

Amare Stoudemire has reportedly been placed on the trading block as the February 19 deadline approaches.

It is believed that the Suns would attempt to trade Stoudemire to the Eastern Conference, possibly to Toronto and New York, but nothing is concrete at this point. Regardless of if or where he gets traded, Stoudemire's value wouldn't change dramatically, though a change of scenery and some additional motivation could give him the additional boost his owners have been waiting for. Feb. 5 - 2:58 pm et

Frrrrank!!!
Hey now wait a second, I offerd Mark Blount for amare first:smoking:

Scal>Blount:D

Gibby23
while I clearly think Amare is overrated, he is still young, and entering his prime, and will be a 23-9 player for the next few years. If they were to trade him, better get some young proven talent and picks, which Phx would have had, but they keep selling their picks. They play no defense. Shaq is in the last year of his contract, and PHX is a desirable spot for FA's. Why not just let Shaq come off, and get a couple of really good players, at least one of which loves defense.

He has 1 more year.

PHX-SOXFAN
02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
They lost in the 1st round with Shaq, and this year when they are not in d'antoni's system they are in danger of missing the playoffs or getting the 8th seed. Pretty bad if you ask me. They got Shaq to beat the Spurs and it failed. Marion would be a Free agent after this year so he could have been traded now or just let him walk, but the Suns have Shaq for 1 more year talking about how he loves Kobe and Phil and paying him over 20 million.

and averaging almost 18ppg. what's marion doing. If you want to judge which team went further, they went furthest without shaq or amare. shaq is playing great and has adjusted, j-rich and grant hill will do whatever it takes, everyone else is being a crybaby. and a $20mil expiring shaq is quite a commodity for next year. so is nash's expiring deal

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
and averaging almost 18ppg. what's marion doing. If you want to judge which team went further, they went furthest without shaq or amare. shaq is playing great and has adjusted, j-rich and grant hill will do whatever it takes, everyone else is being a crybaby. and a $20mil expiring shaq is quite a commodity for next year. so is nash's expiring deal

Im just saying Kerr could have done better than just trading players and throwing pieces around Nash and Amare that do not fit.

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
the bulls trade is crap. every gm wants amare, they can get a lot more then bulls junk.

What could they get? Maybe cap relief and some young players.

PHX-SOXFAN
02-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Im just saying Kerr could have done better than just trading players and throwing pieces around Nash and Amare that do not fit.

players fit if they buy in and get over their ego. see kg and ray allen.:speechless: egos who don't play defense become a worthless burden, like nash and amare.

king4day
02-05-2009, 05:35 PM

A big problem is, when Shaq isn't on the floor, Amare IS our go to guy. He has had 5 or 6 games like that and didn't perform as he used to.
The Suns problems aren't just Amare though.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
he's valued as much as he should be. he's a one dimensional player, a 6'-10" ced ceballos. he's a scorer only at the pf. he's concerned with his shots and his contract. he has no interest in wins and defense. he whined for years to get a center so he didn't have to guard the other team's #1 big, now he has that and he's whining about something else. he can't adjust and dedicate himself to winning. He's only dedicated to himself.

I don't see how people can't see that. this guy is not a #1 you build around. he's a #2 or #3.

When did he whine? Show me proof where he whined for a center? How is he a one dimensional player? A guy who can score, rebound, block, defend and dominate the paint is not one dimensional. I could see how people could say he is more well known for his scoring ability than defense because he has a career average of 21 points a game, but saying he is one dimensional is the same as saying KG and Chris Bosh are one dimensional. KG was the #1 guy on the T-Wolves for over 10 years and Bosh has obviously been the #1 guy in Toronto since Vince Carter was traded. So why is he not a #1 guy you build around?

WadeCounty
02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
with that being said, he should just trade him for Marion:clap: I mean its Steve Kerr so theres a chance! J/K but i can dream

I wish :( lol

HOZ THE KNICK
02-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Steve Kerr is gunnin to be the Isiah Thomas of the west.... he just cant leave well enough alone
agreed.

king4day
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1727~3194~383~2772~739&teams=18~21~21~21~21&te=&cash=

This could be a nice deal.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 05:42 PM
A big problem is, when Shaq isn't on the floor, Amare IS our go to guy. He has had 5 or 6 games like that and didn't perform as he used to.
The Suns problems aren't just Amare though.

Well put, the Suns have never found the right pieces that messed to get them a championship. I think they have experimented too far this season though by adding Richardson to a team that already had 3 All Stars on it. They need to realize that the D'Antoni era is over and move on. That's why I say trade Nash now while you can get something for him.

king4day
02-05-2009, 05:43 PM
When did he whine? Show me proof where he whined for a center? How is he a one dimensional player? A guy who can score, rebound, block, defend and dominate the paint is not one dimensional. I could see how people could say he is more well known for his scoring ability than defense because he has a career average of 21 points a game, but saying he is one dimensional is the same as saying KG and Chris Bosh are one dimensional. KG was the #1 guy on the T-Wolves for over 10 years and Bosh has obviously been the #1 guy in Toronto since Vince Carter was traded. So why is he not a #1 guy you build around?

Amare had discussed his displeasure at Center for 3 years after getting microsfracture.

bossup2
02-05-2009, 05:44 PM
how about this it gives the suns 13+ mil after this with sheed and plus amir who is only 19 and will be a solid player and will bynum who has good potential maybe throw a pick to the suns and call it a deal

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2769~883~1727&teams=21~21~8&te=2816:21-3234&cash=

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
players fit if they buy in and get over their ego. see kg and ray allen.:speechless: egos who don't play defense become a worthless burden, like nash and amare.

KG and Ray Allen have been playing D from day 1, and the Celts have a combo of players that fit well together. The Perkins plays great D and rebounds and doesn't worry about touches, KG plays great D and rebounds and scores his 16 to 20, Ray is a shooter who spreads the floor and kills if you sag off him, PP can get his own shot any time. Rondo is also all about getting the ball where it needs to go and playing D.

The Suns have 2 bigs that don't want to be the 2nd option, Amare doesn't really play D and never has, Shaq plays D once in a while, Nash is suited for a run and gun system because it hides the fact that he can't play D. J Rich isn't much of a defender ( ask Roger Mason). The only guy that played D was Bell and Kerr traded him for a scorer. So it is a team full of guys who like to score.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1727~3194~383~2772~739&teams=18~21~21~21~21&te=&cash=

This could be a nice deal.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to that deal. James and Rose aren't worth anything but Lee and Chandler have bright futures. I also am not opposed to seeing Stoudemire in a Knicks jersey. Although the downside of trading Lee is Harrington moves back to SF and the Knicks won't have a decent starting center.

Living Legend
02-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Steve Kerr has lost his center of balance.

king4day
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
I actually wouldn't be opposed to that deal. James and Rose aren't worth anything but Lee and Chandler have bright futures. I also am not opposed to seeing Stoudemire in a Knicks jersey. Although the downside of trading Lee is Harrington moves back to SF and the Knicks won't have a decent starting center.

Rose and James would just be as expirings.
I can see the Knicks agreeing simply because if they are trying to lure LBJ, this would make it more appealing and would prevent them from having to get Bosh (or try to). Also, they would get more people in the seats.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
how about this it gives the suns 13+ mil after this with sheed and plus amir who is only 19 and will be a solid player and will bynum who has good potential maybe throw a pick to the suns and call it a deal

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2769~883~1727&teams=21~21~8&te=2816:21-3234&cash=

I'd love to see Stoudemire in a Pistons uni. I think if Detroit got Stoudemire and then a 10-10 center they would go back to being a power house in the East.

PHX-SOXFAN
02-05-2009, 05:53 PM

this is the most ridiculous post in the thread. you don't remember amare *****ing about having to guard the best big on a team?

amare could do all those things you listed, but he doesn't. and he certainly can't defend. he gets destroyed by duncan, al jefferson, garnett, howard, gasol, aldridge, troy murphy drops threes on him all game, dirk kills him, david lee works him. have you had enough of listening to how bad he is at d?

and don't compare amare to a defensive player of the year in garnett. garnett is the ultimate team player who thrives on d. amare is only interested in one end. him and nash would be a great offense on an iowa girls high school team, that's it.

PHX-SOXFAN
02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
KG and Ray Allen have been playing D from day 1, and the Celts have a combo of players that fit well together. The Perkins plays great D and rebounds and doesn't worry about touches, KG plays great D and rebounds and scores his 16 to 20, Ray is a shooter who spreads the floor and kills if you sag off him, PP can get his own shot any time. Rondo is also all about getting the ball where it needs to go and playing D.

The Suns have 2 bigs that don't want to be the 2nd option, Amare doesn't really play D and never has, Shaq plays D once in a while, Nash is suited for a run and gun system because it hides the fact that he can't play D. J Rich isn't much of a defender ( ask Roger Mason). The only guy that played D was Bell and Kerr traded him for a scorer. So it is a team full of guys who like to score.

shaq is fine with being a #2, a #3, or whatever. he's said so from day one and has played that way whenever needed. the point about the celts is that all those guys sacrificed for the team. amare refuses.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 05:58 PM
this is the most ridiculous post in the thread. you don't remember amare *****ing about having to guard the best big on a team?

amare could do all those things you listed, but he doesn't. and he certainly can't defend. he gets destroyed by duncan, al jefferson, garnett, howard, gasol, aldridge, troy murphy drops threes on him all game, dirk kills him, david lee works him. have you had enough of listening to how bad he is at d?

and don't compare amare to a defensive player of the year in garnett. garnett is the ultimate team player who thrives on d. amare is only interested in one end. him and nash would be a great offense on an iowa girls high school team, that's it.

1. Alright I'll take your word for it.

2. That was pretty good lol :D (I'm being serious, not sarcastic)

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM
shaq is fine with being a #2, a #3, or whatever. he's said so from day one and has played that way whenever needed. the point about the celts is that all those guys sacrificed for the team. amare refuses.

Right now he is ok. If you guy's keep losing, watch out because he will want out.

king4day
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Right now he is ok. If you guy's keep losing, watch out because he will want out.

He's brought his value up to a point where we could actually get something for him. I'd love to see us get some expirings and picks or young prospect.

Lakermania33
02-05-2009, 06:04 PM

I agree. How do you even think about trading away a 26 year old guy when you have two 35+ guys on the team that have value and start. Aren't most natural scorers selfish when they are that age. He wants to leave his imprint on the league. That's a sign of a very good player, especially now when 2 or 3breakout years gets you the title of "GREAT". Don't trade away the future because you are unwilling to accept the fact that this team has underachieved. Normally, the coach is the first to go and that's not always the right answer. In this case it seems to be one of the obvious reasons and these idiots are gonna start trading away stars. Are you serious?

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 06:06 PM
He's brought his value up to a point where we could actually get something for him. I'd love to see us get some expirings and picks or young prospect.

If you think about what contending team has good young players and expirings that equal 20 million?

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I agree. How do you even think about trading away a 26 year old guy when you have two 35+ guys on the team that have value and start. Aren't most natural scorers selfish when they are that age. He wants to leave his imprint on the league. That's a sign of a very good player, especially now when 2 or 3breakout years gets you the title of "GREAT". Don't trade away the future because you are unwilling to accept the fact that this team has underachieved. Normally, the coach is the first to go and that's not always the right answer. In this case it seems to be one of the obvious reasons and these idiots are gonna start trading away stars. Are you serious?

Exactly. Why even consider trading a guy who is a starting All Star and has the potential to be even better, but your going to keep Shaq and Nash who are both 10 years older than him and aren't going to get better, but will just decline and retire.

Bishnoff
02-05-2009, 06:32 PM

You obviously don't watch many Suns games.

Bishnoff
02-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Exactly. Why even consider trading a guy who is a starting All Star and has the potential to be even better, but your going to keep Shaq and Nash who are both 10 years older than him and aren't going to get better, but will just decline and retire.

The All-Star Game is just a popularity contest. Are you saying that Amar’e is the best SF in the West? You do realise that he’s starting at SF under Duncan.

Bishnoff
02-05-2009, 06:41 PM
That's why PF's don't guard SG's, but GS plays SG's at PF, so you can't put that on Amare.

Of course I can. STAT complained for years about having to guard big Centres. He can’t get perfect matchups every night. A great player adapts to his surroundings; Amar’e refuses to adapt to anything.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 06:45 PM
You obviously don't watch many Suns games.

The All-Star Game is just a popularity contest. Are you saying that Amar’e is the best SF in the West? You do realise that he’s starting at SF under Duncan.

1. How could I? I don't live in PHX.

2. Unless you are really Phil Jackson, you can't back that claim up.

Nate David+ Co.
02-05-2009, 06:48 PM

Nah, Isiah got a bad old washed up team. Kerr got a team who was always play-off bound and a championship contender. Now, they are...:confused: I don't even know.

Bishnoff
02-05-2009, 06:51 PM
1. How could I? I don't live in PHX.

2. Unless you are really Phil Jackson, you can't back that claim up.

1. Well I live in Australia and still manage to watch 90% of their games.

2. LOL! Who in their right mind would play STAT at PF over Duncan? Definately not a HOF Coach such as Jackson.

StarLegend5
02-05-2009, 06:54 PM

No he's not washed up, he still a beast... It just that Steve Kerr is freaking dumb.

JPHX
02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
we deal amare, then what? what can the suns get that will make them contenders this late in the season? tried a midseason turn around last season and we all know how that turned out. Kerr shouldnt be in a rush. I would explore trades more in the offseason. suns need to just eek this season out with what they got and hope for a miracle.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 07:04 PM
we deal amare, then what? what can the suns get that will make them contenders this late in the season? tried a midseason turn around last season and we all know how that turned out. Kerr shouldnt be in a rush. I would explore trades more in the offseason. suns need to just eek this season out with what they got and hope for a miracle.

If they pull what the Grizzlies pulled with Pau Gasol, I'll personally send a letter to the Suns owner asking for Kerr to be fired.

lakersrock
02-05-2009, 07:10 PM
The Suns didn't start sucking until he took over.

On the trades, I honestly see LA trading Odom and Vlad for Shaq. Phoenix does it to get rid of that huge contract of Shaq's and Odom actually would fit quite well with Nash and Amare.

ShaunRiching9
02-05-2009, 07:11 PM
why would he trade Amare?

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 07:11 PM

On the trades, I honestly see LA trading Odom and Vlad for Shaq. Phoenix does it to get rid of that huge contract of Shaq's and Odom actually would fit quite well with Nash and Amare.

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but Phil Jackson is a big fan of Vladdy so I don't see it happening.

Bishnoff
02-05-2009, 07:12 PM

Yeah, but where's the defense? STAT at Centre again? No thanks.

thapharcyd
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM

I don't know if Suns would deal with a conference rival. However, Odom is expiring and STAT would be better w/out Shaq clogging up the paint. Bynum down leaves LA needing a center... But what do the Lakers do with Shaq next year when Bynum is back? Or even if Bynum makes it back for the playoffs? Shaq won't come off the bench this year.

king4day
02-05-2009, 07:47 PM

While you may be right with how Odom fits with us, I really don't think we'd deal with LA unless we truley were rebuilding.

QUICKTRADE
02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
suns fans must admit to the reality that their team cant even compete with the other teams in the west with their current rooster. a rebuilding is a must and if they are wise enough to shred amare's contract and shaq then they must deal with bulls who might offer some of their promising stars. I doubt lakers will go to shaq since shaq was not a good friend of the buss family eversince he lambasted them before. suns might take LO plus Vlad to free a lot of space to run for all star people come season's over.

lakerboy
02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Odom and Radmanovic + picks for Amar'e! :D

posterized
02-05-2009, 08:10 PM
I would think Nash would be the most unsafe player on that team. He has openly discussed playing for other teams come 2010 and he isn't getting younger or faster. As far as amare. Of course he is fustrated, he is no longer the biggest post player on his team, the offense is going to run less plays through him. But to trade him would probably be detrimental to the franchise, as i dont think they would be able to sufficiently fill the void of amare's absence. Trade deadline is quickly approaching, we will see what Mr. Kerr pulls off

albertc86
02-05-2009, 08:19 PM
What an idiot. He might as well build around Amare and Richardson since they're young. Not to mention, cultivate Barbosa's skills. Nash and Shaq should be on the trading block.

Theanswer76
02-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Joey d lemme see you

king4day
02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
What an idiot. He might as well build around Amare and Richardson since they're young. Not to mention, cultivate Barbosa's skills. Nash and Shaq should be on the trading block.

Youth doesn't always equal talent.

theimortalone
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
For everyone that that says that Phoenix is dumb for Shopping Amare, you obviously have not kept up with the Suns at all. I speak for all the suns fans when I say he is a complete ***** on the defensive end! He stands around and does not do a god damn thing! Louis Amundson has alot more heart then he ever will on the defensive end. He has completely given up on the defensive end. He is very inconsistant. Amare is very very frustrating. He is a love/hate type player. He cares about no one but himself. He is very selfish.

I mean look at his stats all year. He is very inconsistent: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=1727

Voodoo Alchemy
02-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Amare has bought into all the hype about how great he is...and now he's sulking because he has some poor offensive nights. If he is such a great basketball talent, then he'd be able to adjust to having a real centre on his team (the game has been played this way for ages). If he can't win with Shaq and Nash on his team (3 MVP awards between them), a good perimeter player in Richardson, solid role-players like Hill and Barbosa, then is Amare really as good as everyone is saying he is?....in my humble opinion..NO.

very good point.

Voodoo Alchemy
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM

amare was playing well with shaq last year. the only difference this year is porter is coaching the suns. i wonder where the problem lies? porter sucks.

Kyben36
02-05-2009, 09:55 PM
anyone realize why they wont trade Nash. He is not anything like the player he used to be.

twoearl
02-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Amare can be a superstar, but I dont know if he has the heart to do so.

Duncan = Donkey
02-05-2009, 09:58 PM
amare is just overrated, nash has made him look good his whole career. he cant play defense, still hasnt devloped his low post game, cant play with his back to the basket, he has no heart or intensity. GET HIM OUT OF PHOENIX

theimortalone
02-05-2009, 09:58 PM
amare was playing well with shaq last year. the only difference this year is porter is coaching the suns. i wonder where the problem lies? porter sucks.

Terry Porter is the reason why the Phoenix Suns are losing! He is a horrible coach! He needs to man up and grow some balls, and learn how to run this team. It will never happen tho. Now I see why he was the HC of Milwuakee for such a short amount of time. Suns need a NEW COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!

twoearl
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Terry Porter is the reason why the Phoenix Suns are losing! He is a horrible coach! He needs to man up and grow some balls, and learn how to run this team. It will never happen tho. Now I see why he was the HC of Milwuakee for such a short amount of time. Suns need a NEW COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont blame Porter for the Suns losing. Blame Steve Kerr!!! He broke a Great team. And to makes matters worst he adds SHAQ. That's like adding ice cream to a philly cheesesteak. Yeah thier both good, but just not together.

Kerr is the reason phoenix sucks.

Duncan = Donkey
02-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Porter is a crap coach. Period

twoearl
02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
As crazy as it sounds, Nash and Mike Diantoni system are the reasons why Amare is not great. His system focused on fast break baskets, and no defense. So Amare never learned those things because thats not what PHX did.

All amare did in Diantoni system was catch dunks of pick and roll, and run the floor. So to now ask him to be a back to the basket tim duncan type 20 and 10 type player is kinda unfair.

-Juice-
02-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Phoenix Suns Get
J.J. Hickson
Wally Szczerbiak
2009 1st Round Pick
2011 1st Round Pick

Cleveland Cavaliers Get
Amare Stoudemire

MJ-BULLS
02-05-2009, 10:17 PM
how about tyrus thomas drew gooden larry hughes and hinrich for amare

twoearl
02-05-2009, 10:23 PM
PHX is not going to give up Amare for nothing. THey are going to want a star or potential star for him.

Ty thomas or JJ hickson and wally will NOT work.

Maybe something like

PHX gets:
Antwon jamison
Nick young
1st round pick

Wiz get:
Amare

znick21
02-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Phoenix Suns Get
J.J. Hickson
Wally Szczerbiak
2009 1st Round Pick
2011 1st Round Pick

Cleveland Cavaliers Get
Amare Stoudemire

i was also thinking something like that would be good. amare gets sent to the east, the suns get a huge expiring, young talent in jj hickson (20 years old), and a couple first rounders for the future. the cavs would probably have to throw more in to sweeten the deal i just don't know what.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Phoenix Suns Get
J.J. Hickson
Wally Szczerbiak
2009 1st Round Pick
2011 1st Round Pick

Cleveland Cavaliers Get
Amare Stoudemire

The Suns would want Varejao in the deal.

IMO Porter sucks as a coach and the Suns made a mistake hiring him. Steve Kerr is going to turn into the Isiah Thomas of the West if he keeps it up. I can't believe some of you Suns fans hate and don't want Amare. If the Suns remake their entire team (Coach too) and Amare thrives in a new system (25 PPG 10+ RPG and 3 BPG) you will be praising him and saying he is the best PF in the NBA.

Kyben36
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
PHX is not going to give up Amare for nothing. THey are going to want a star or potential star for him.

Ty thomas or JJ hickson and wally will NOT work.

Maybe something like

PHX gets:
Antwon jamison
Nick young
1st round pick

Wiz get:
Amare

Very good trade, But I would not want Jamisons contract.

thephoenixson28
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Phoenix Suns Get
J.J. Hickson
Wally Szczerbiak
2009 1st Round Pick
2011 1st Round Pick

Cleveland Cavaliers Get
Amare Stoudemire are you freaking crazy.

theimortalone
02-05-2009, 10:30 PM
are you freaking crazy.

My thoughts exactly man.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 10:34 PM
amare is just overrated, nash has made him look good his whole career. he cant play defense, still hasnt devloped his low post game, cant play with his back to the basket, he has no heart or intensity. GET HIM OUT OF PHOENIX

Amare was already a 20 and 10 (actually 20 and 9 but whats the difference) guy a year before Nash came back to PHX, look up his stats.

Kaptain Kanada
02-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Why wouldn't Nash be traded? He is obviously not the same player under their new system.

dre1990
02-05-2009, 10:55 PM

I Hope not.
I want Some1 who Plays D

Duncan = Donkey
02-05-2009, 11:00 PM
yeh but whes teve nash came to town his scoring went from 20 to 25 pts and FG% went up from 47% to 57%. Its clear Steve Nash elevated amare's game

magikmc
02-05-2009, 11:17 PM
yeh but whes teve nash came to town his scoring went from 20 to 25 pts and FG% went up from 47% to 57%. Its clear Steve Nash elevated amare's game

hmmmm... it couldn't have anything to do with the fact it was only amare's
2nd year in the league when he put up 20 and 9 without nash. His 3rd year being WITH nash. Obviously he was going to improve. Sorry to tell you guys this too, stat mde nash better also. His movement and angles create easier passes for nash (i know nash was great, but if you watch stat in the pick and roll his timing and movement is perfect.) All you so called suns fans make me laugh. TRADE AMARE HE SUCKS!!!! Were you guys saying that 2 years ago when it was 60+ wins?? But now, after a new coach, with a new system, new players, and a different style, it just so happens his numbers have dropped. HMMMMMMMM..... maybe it isn't the player then??? O and by the way, if you watch your suns so closely, have you noticed they play zone a lot of the time? which means amare should be "standing around". A good coach plays to his players strenghts. Amare is not an A+ defender, so why would you throw him into the fire in a zone, where there is more responsibilties, and help defenders. Let him man up, and play defense where he's able to come off his man for blocks or steals. Oh and to the dude who said azabuke put up this many points.. it was zone coverage last night, not man. D'antoni got his team to the elite in the league and should've won if it wasn't for the dirty spurs. He knew how to use his players, and used their strengths. Porter uses his system, expects it to work, it doesn't, then they trade for new players? The logic?? Lets break up the team because they don't work in the system?? lol stupid. Good luck finding another force like Amare. Oh and BY THE WAY, the problem with your defense is not interior, it's perimeter defense. Amare plays perimeter defense now?? Open jump shots=bad defense.

JPHX
02-06-2009, 01:50 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1765~3447~1727~3206~3005~387~2 794&teams=29~29~29~21~21~21~21&te=&cash=

Lost Art
02-06-2009, 02:00 AM
The Bulls would be a great trading partner IMO. They could probably nab TT, Deng, and Hinrich for Amare.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2009, 02:10 AM
The Bulls would be a great trading partner IMO. They could probably nab TT, Deng, and Hinrich for Amare.

Agree, they have tons of peices that are good trade chips, they need to get a good big man. Bosh or Amare are good guys to go after

Cubs Man 5
02-06-2009, 02:16 AM
If the Bulls got Amare, they would probably trade Hughes' 12 mil expiring in 2010 to the Knicks for Lee. Assuming we kept Deng somehow, how good could this team be??

Rose
Gordon
Deng
Amare
Lee

Championship contenders IMO.

Teeboy1487
02-06-2009, 02:17 AM
I agree the bulls are the suns best trading partners for amare.

JPHX
02-06-2009, 02:20 AM
I agree the bulls are the suns best trading partners for amare.

how??? besides the expiring contracts how does that help with acquiring pieces to build for the future?? IMO chicago has no pieces for an amare trade

Duncan = Donkey
02-06-2009, 02:23 AM
exactly why are chicago such great trading partners?

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-06-2009, 02:29 AM
how??? besides the expiring contracts how does that help with acquiring pieces to build for the future?? IMO chicago has no pieces for an amare trade

everyone's always talking about Noc and hinrich, plus their not going to sign gordon so thats 3 players there

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-06-2009, 02:30 AM
If the Bulls got Amare, they would probably trade Hughes' 12 mil expiring in 2010 to the Knicks for Lee. Assuming we kept Deng somehow, how good could this team be??

Rose
Gordon
Deng
Amare
Lee

Championship contenders IMO.

ya their goin to take out boston and cleveland and go head to head with any power in the west, championship contenders...may be your own opinion but i'd try getting another one lol

JPHX
02-06-2009, 02:33 AM
everyone's always talking about Noc and hinrich, plus their not going to sign gordon so thats 3 players there

wait i was talking about how this would help phoenix. how does this help phoenix in the future?

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-06-2009, 02:34 AM
VERY VERY VERY INTERESTING
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2895960
when kerr was hired he said first thing he was going to do is shop nash

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-06-2009, 02:35 AM
wait i was talking about how this would help phoenix. how does this help phoenix in the future?

oh...well...it doesnt, but they have pieces to move, but not enuf to get stat if thats what u were talking about, but if their willing to trade marion for nash....who knows what he'd do for noc hinrich gordon....3 pieces i wouldnt mind having in LA

Teeboy1487
02-06-2009, 02:43 AM
I was justing saying I would do it. I would not trade amare if it was up to me. I would trade nash first. Hey im not a gm so what do i know.

JJ81
02-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Except Nash? Surely he'd wanna trade him, he's getting old.

-Juice-
02-06-2009, 02:57 AM
Amare Stoudemire for Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick

OJ gets his guy, Phoenix gets their's.

Blackification
02-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Amare Stoudemire for Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick

OJ gets his guy, Phoenix gets their's.

Well one of the trade rumors going around is gay, warrick, and darko milicic for Amare.

Living Legend
02-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Except Nash? Surely he'd wanna trade him, he's getting old.

My thoughts exactly

-Juice-
02-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Amare Stoudemire + Filler for Raef LaFrenctz, Sergio Rodriguez, and LaMarcus Aldridge.

Both teams get better. Amare can be more of a go to guy with Roy and him being the offense. You get rid of the PG problem and Bayless is the back-up. You can afford to keep Amare.

PHX gets a back-up PG in Sergio. Raef is good expiring, and LaMarcus is good defense and rebounding, while also having good offense and a ton of potential.

braveniler58
02-06-2009, 03:22 AM
VERY VERY VERY INTERESTING
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2895960
when kerr was hired he said first thing he was going to do is shop nash

It was a joke. Learn to read.

#1Mavericksfan
02-06-2009, 03:24 AM
I want Shaq and Barnes

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-06-2009, 03:37 AM
It was a joke. Learn to read.

i know! i was making a joke too

SouljahPhil...
02-06-2009, 06:30 AM
If amare gets traded I think he ends up with either

Portland
Chicago
Indiana....

Wade_County
02-06-2009, 12:32 PM
even after all this Im betting Amare stays a sun.

Cubs Man 5
02-06-2009, 11:14 PM

I don't know if you've seen Tyrus Thomas recently, or Deng, but you might want to think again. Thomas has been Shawn Kemp like recently.

We offer cap relief in Gooden, the PG that takes over for Nash, and that Kerr has stated how much he loves Kirk, Thomas, Sefolosha who Kerr also tried to get, and 2 1st round picks.

But you're more interested in Bayless/Lafrentz/Outlaw, which POR would never do, and there's no way Memphis is offering Gay.

If I had to bet, Amare will be a Bull.

kntresistheheat
02-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Fellas, all you guys thought that the bulls or knicks was the first place he was going to call???? The first person he called was the heat and Pat Riley turned the deal because he wanted beasley and marion:rolleyes:

When I proposed an Amare for Marion deal a few weeks ago I never thought Steve Kerr would actually consider it but sources are saying that Kerr did just that (granted Kerr isn’t looking for a straight up swap).

Fanster sources confirmed internet rumors that the Suns have offered Amare Stoudemire and possibly another player to Miami for a package of Michael Beasley and Shawn Marion. Pat Reily and the Heat have turned down the Suns initial offer. No word as of yet if the talks are on going.

It is believed Reily and the Heat are interested in a possible deal with the

http://phoenix.fanster.com/2009/02/06/rumor-suns-offer-of-amare-for-marion-and-beasley-rejected-by-heat/

Duncan = Donkey
02-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Man, watching the suns now and ive changed my view. amare shouldnt be traded, shaq should. when nash and amare use the pick n roll, we look so much better and amare plays so much better when shaq's on the bench. trade shaq. he old . keep amare he's still young and hire a new coach and let someone teaqch amare defense

gcoll
02-07-2009, 01:47 AM
I don't know if you've seen Tyrus Thomas recently, or Deng, but you might want to think again. Thomas has been Shawn Kemp like recently.

We offer cap relief in Gooden, the PG that takes over for Nash, and that Kerr has stated how much he loves Kirk, Thomas, Sefolosha who Kerr also tried to get, and 2 1st round picks.

But you're more interested in Bayless/Lafrentz/Outlaw, which POR would never do, and there's no way Memphis is offering Gay.

If I had to bet, Amare will be a Bull.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Amare not being traded.

And like another poster pointed out. I may be more willing to trade Shaq, although he's been our best player this year. His value is high.

A Heat/Suns swap could be interesting though. Especially intriguing since Marion's name would be involved.

kntresistheheat
02-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Isn't that crazy tho, that they would take marion back like that! I can tell you right now that this talk is not over, becuase kerr does not want to give anything to Dontoni and the knicks because he fired his azz and then he would not help the bulls becuase he never had a good relationship with paxson....Trust me I know I lived in chicago and heard the rumors about them of not getting along.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Amare not being traded.

And like another poster pointed out. I may be more willing to trade Shaq, although he's been our best player this year. His value is high.

A Heat/Suns swap could be interesting though. Especially intriguing since Marion's name would be involved.

JordansBulls
02-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Man, watching the suns now and ive changed my view. amare shouldnt be traded, shaq should. when nash and amare use the pick n roll, we look so much better and amare plays so much better when shaq's on the bench. trade shaq. he old . keep amare he's still young and hire a new coach and let someone teaqch amare defense

I don't think Amare should be traded either, but if he is available I'd give up just about anyone for him.

cyn
02-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Oh my gosh amare has one good game and you want to keep him, fools gold. He played well 1st quarter and part of last. Just shows you his ability to get those stats with quarter and a half of play. But he will never play 4 quarters. As soon as trade talks go away he will be back to his lazy selfish ways. He needs to go. Actually suns played great when he was sitting. Notice his lack of running on the fast break, it was always hill or richardson. Amare runs half assed.

TheChosenOne88
02-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Oh my gosh amare has one good game and you want to keep him, fools gold. He played well 1st quarter and part of last. Just shows you his ability to get those stats with quarter and a half of play. But he will never play 4 quarters. As soon as trade talks go away he will be back to his lazy selfish ways. He needs to go. Actually suns played great when he was sitting. Notice his lack of running on the fast break, it was always hill or richardson. Amare runs half assed.

I just lost any respect I had for Suns fans.

MagicBucsSox
02-07-2009, 11:34 AM
amare is the #2 pf in the game i pray orlando would bring him back home to disneyworld

twoearl
02-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I am hearing Detroit is in the running too. They are rumored to be offering Stuckey and Rasheed expiring contract for Amare.

I think that is a decent deal. Maybe they could throw in Amir Johnson just to make it a even sweeter deal.

saint7888
02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
If I was a Cavs fan I'd be drooling at this. They have and can affored to give up pices that the suns may want. Look your not gettin LeBron, or Mo but Wally has an expiring contract and he can shoot the 3 at a high percentage. And maybe Ben Wallace with a couple of 1st round picks. Wallace will actually be a defencive upgrade over Amare lol.

If Kobe and the lakers can rap the grizzlies
and Pierce and the C's can steal Ray Allen then why can't LeBron an the Cavs borrow Amare for 2 years?

I'm personally a Nets fan but idk about Amare, he would take minutes away from Brook and Yi(who we traded RJ for) but Harris and Amare would work good together IMO but idk if they would want Vince and S Williams/Simmons

jim51990
02-07-2009, 12:12 PM
not trading nash is very stupid of kerr because alot of team would give up young talent for nash to lead there team think orlando now without Nelson. Nash contract expires at the end of the season too and he has public stated his disappointment (trading Bell) with the sun recently so he might leave in FA and they get nothing i dont get Kerr at all

nashty13
02-07-2009, 12:29 PM
i just read boozer might be going to the bulls as we speak...please bulls fans, we don't want your players. That package would be like us shipping Barbosa, hill and Robin lopez for Kobe Bryant. As for the cavs with wally and big ben, absolutely not. Why would we want to be saddled with big bens terrible contract. think about that b4 you post it.

As for the cavs guy up there, real classy judging your opinion on the suns by one poster. I'm sure you were super fan cavs before the king got there...

MagicBucsSox
02-07-2009, 12:37 PM
boozer not going no where, he's injured, plus he's wants to be in miami with his sick son.

TheChosenOne88
02-07-2009, 12:39 PM
i just read boozer might be going to the bulls as we speak...please bulls fans, we don't want your players. That package would be like us shipping Barbosa, hill and Robin lopez for Kobe Bryant. As for the cavs with wally and big ben, absolutely not. Why would we want to be saddled with big bens terrible contract. think about that b4 you post it.

As for the cavs guy up there, real classy judging your opinion on the suns by one poster. I'm sure you were super fan cavs before the king got there...

Your right, my mistake for taking a shot at all Suns fans. I was just sick of a few Suns fans saying they didn't want Stoudemire and then I read one of those guys revert his statement. Actually I've always been a Cavs fan, (way before anyone knew who LeBron James was) growing up though ill admit I was a Bulls fan too and I'm sure you know why. ;)

nashty13
02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Your right, my mistake for taking a shot at all Suns fans. I was just sick of a few Suns fans saying they didn't want Stoudemire and then I read one of those guys revert his statement. Actually I've always been a Cavs fan, (way before anyone knew who LeBron James was) growing up though ill admit I was a Bulls fan too and I'm sure you know why. ;)

It was rodman wasn't it?

Its just tough watching the identity of your team change so drastically and the guy that you want to be the man, isnt playing like he wants to be the man. Trading amar'e, unless its for a guy like Bosh, is gonna come back and bite us in the ***. Just look at the joe johnson trade. Diaw and Robin lopez for JJ....sweet...

TheChosenOne88
02-07-2009, 05:06 PM
It was rodman wasn't it?

Its just tough watching the identity of your team change so drastically and the guy that you want to be the man, isnt playing like he wants to be the man. Trading amar'e, unless its for a guy like Bosh, is gonna come back and bite us in the ***. Just look at the joe johnson trade. Diaw and Robin lopez for JJ....sweet...

IMO Porter and Kerr are the problem. Talent has never been a problem for the Suns, they have always had such a talented team since Stoudemire was drafted. I loved when Q-Rich and Joe Johnson were playing in PHX, James Jones was good their too. Diaw really was only good that one season where he was playing while Stoudemire was out. Raja was their best defender and a hell of a competitor. I'm hoping Stoudemire stays put. If I was the GM of the Suns I'd trade Nash and Shaq for young talent, expirings, and picks.