PDA

View Full Version : Marbury to Orlando??????

kntresistheheat
02-05-2009, 11:25 AM
With Nelson down the magic might be looking to get a slashing veteran to play the pg position because of the absence of nelson.

This is on ESPN Insider

It wont let me post the link for some reason, my computer sucks!!!

Thoughts????????

colinskik
02-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Sure. Orlando. Go.

Nikolishin
02-05-2009, 11:34 AM
i said thatll happen the day i heard jameer went down

kbrill21
02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I said that will happen the day before Nelson went down.

kntresistheheat
02-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I think he would do good there, van gundy is no nonsense type of guy he will keep in check.

Trouble87
02-05-2009, 11:40 AM
They say its if he gets released before March 1st the magic might be interested in signing him

I think the knicks are going to make marbury sit out his contract

Magic should look into getting Dee Brown... he would be a solid starter for them (until J Nelz gets back)

kntresistheheat
02-05-2009, 11:44 AM
:confused: I dont know about that, I rather get chucky atkins in that case also I think Jneslson might be out for the season??

They say its if he gets released before March 1st the magic might be interested in signing him

I think the knicks are going to make marbury sit out his contract

Magic should look into getting Dee Brown... he would be a solid starter for them (until J Nelz gets back)

TruthFreesYou
02-05-2009, 11:50 AM
think about it: why would the knicks let marbury go to orlando before the playoff deadline? orlando is a potential playoff opponent of the knicks! if he is released, they are paying him to play for another team, so of course it won't be against a team that can eliminate them! (unless orlando is going to pay a huge chunk of his salary, or if marbury was giving up a huge chunk, neither of which are happening!!)

KG2TB
02-05-2009, 11:50 AM
The Knicks would have to release him in order for the Magic to get him. Orlando has no contracts that would be able to match up for Marbury. None they'd actually considering trading that is.

macc
02-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Marbury in Orlando but I don't think it's realistic with his current situation. He won't take less money and New York won't buy him out at his full wage. I'm guessing New York will make him sit the entire season just to prove a point to him. I think NY has handled this poorly mainly because you have a talent like Marbury and you're not using him but yet he's eating up all your money. You would think they could sit down and work out their differences. They are supposed to be "professional" afterall.

Trouble87
02-05-2009, 12:01 PM
isnt chuck atkins still on the thunder?.... I heard a rumor yall were trying to get Lue for Bogans

its on espn.com... but you got to be a insider

:confused: I dont know about that, I rather get chucky atkins in that case also I think Jneslson might be out for the season??

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Marbury=BEAST.

chicagowhitesox
02-05-2009, 12:19 PM
could be a good fit, but i don't think the knicks will allow it to happen.

Lakers4ItAll
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
The whole year I have said I think the Knicks should buy him out and get rid of him so they can move on. But now the more I think of it why should they buy him out and help another team win more?

DitchDat
02-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah Marbury wants to be a starter. He only wanted to come off the bench for Boston.

Orlando would make sense, Miami too.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Orlando is not going to bring in Marbury. They are going to see if Anthony Johnson is consistent up to the deadline. If he is not consistent, they will go after a decent PG that could be an X-Factor for them. IMO even if Anthony Johnson is their short term solution to Nelson's injury, the Magic still need to add another important bench piece to compete with Boston or Cleveland.

JayAllDay
02-06-2009, 05:33 PM
think about it: why would the knicks let marbury go to orlando before the playoff deadline? orlando is a potential playoff opponent of the knicks! if he is released, they are paying him to play for another team, so of course it won't be against a team that can eliminate them! (unless orlando is going to pay a huge chunk of his salary, or if marbury was giving up a huge chunk, neither of which are happening!!)

Knicks would need to make the playoffs first.
Marbury is gonna sit out his contract unless he increases the amount of return on his buyout by like 1200%! 1 million? What a dbag.

JerzeyFresh
02-06-2009, 06:02 PM
they already traded for Lue

RileyJ
02-06-2009, 06:13 PM
It makes a whole lot of sense but, Marbury isn't getting released. All he has to do is give the Knicks a $3 million dollar kickback to get released but, he's to selfish and hard-headed to do that.

MrThrowBack23
02-06-2009, 06:17 PM
bring back pargo from greece or russia wherever he disappeared to

blacknell
02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
he needs to get back on the court

Nighthawk
02-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Doubt it. They just traded for T. Lue and while he isnt no Marbury imo i doubt they bring in a 3rd point. I think Marbury will be a Celtic if hes ever released