PDA

View Full Version : The Official ACC Thread

thegreatone08
02-05-2009, 09:12 AM
I figured this thread could be used for talking about all ACC games in general. I know most people on this board are UNC, Wake or Duke fans and only UNC and Duke have their own threads. I also know there are some Duke fans tired of UNC fans going into their thread and upsetting them with comments about Duke lol. So anything and everything can be said in here, just keep it clean. And if you talk trash, do it about the team, not other posters.

With that being said, what a wild night in the ACC last night. Two of the top teams got destroyed. Wake just played a terrible game. They were off from the 3's and just overal didn't shot good.

Duke just looked scared. I haven't seen Duke dominated like that in a long, long time. I've said this all along that athletic teams are Duke's worse nightmare.

This now puts Duke, Clemson, and Carolina tied for the ACC lead and Wake is not out of it yet with 3 conference loses. We all know that the game of the year is comming up in less than a week. The greatest rivarly in all of sports-Duke and Carolina.

sdweston757
02-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I like this idea of an acc thread. its about time u said something intelligent

GO DUKE!

sdweston757
02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
p.s. is the only reason your doing this is because the duke thread has 400 more posts then the unc one? heheheh

JAZZNC
02-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Well, I'm for it. Seeing as I'm the only Wake fan on the face of the planet a Wake Forest thread would just mean me talking to myself all the time:D Good idea.

cambovenzi
02-05-2009, 03:30 PM
p.s. is the only reason your doing this is because the duke thread has 400 more posts then the unc one? heheheh

no, IMO its more like he wanted to rip on duke+wake w/o getting infractions for trolling/baiting in our thread.

SidTheKid
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Both Wake and Duke looked horrible playing last night. I've been watching Duke games for around 10 years now and that game was one of, if not the worst performance by a Duke team.

JAZZNC
02-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm with ya man, I've never seen a talented Wake team play as poorly as they did last night (I've seen some teams with out much talent play that poorly though:D). They just looked lost and being young when they got behind they started trying to get it all back with one shot and that's not the way to do things. They should have been up big in the first half, but they were missing at point blank range every time they got near the rim. It's also very disappointing to see them getting out rebounded by much smaller/less athletic teams. Every team has weaknesses, Wake is young and doesn't have any shooters and Duke at times plays soft and they have no real threat down low. Good teams over come those weaknesses more often than not but sometimes they really get abused like they did last night.

BRAVE KID
02-05-2009, 11:32 PM
no, IMO its more like he wanted to rip on duke+wake w/o getting infractions for trolling/baiting in our thread.bingo, as long as he is out of the duke thread, I am fine with it.

thegreatone08
02-06-2009, 09:09 AM
no, IMO its more like he wanted to rip on duke+wake w/o getting infractions for trolling/baiting in our thread.

I've yet to get an infraction for anything I have said in the Duke thread. I speak the truth with everything I say. Must still be salty from the 27 point *** whoppin

JAZZNC
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I've yet to get an infraction for anything I have said in the Duke thread. I speak the truth with everything I say. Must still be salty from the 27 point *** whoppin

That is exactly what they are talking about man. That's just begging to start an argument. Quit trying to be a ******* and people won't be so quick to think that you are one.

BRAVE KID
02-06-2009, 05:31 PM
that is because i have been very generous with you and keep giving you chances, quite frankly you should have been punished a while ago. .

"Speak the truth with everything I say" LMAO!!! So full of yourself.

BRAVE KID
02-06-2009, 05:32 PM
That is exactly what they are talking about man. That's just begging to start an argument. Quit trying to be a ******* and people won't be so quick to think that you are one.yet another sign of baiting.

thegreatone08
02-06-2009, 08:02 PM
that is because i have been very generous with you and keep giving you chances, quite frankly you should have been punished a while ago. .

"Speak the truth with everything I say" LMAO!!! So full of yourself.

thank you almighty one

JAZZNC
02-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Good win by Wake against BC. Finally sweep those guys, hell finally beat them period. I was a little worried after the first half, but they got their **** together on the boards and that was all it took. That and they started making those gimmes right around the basket. Aminu was a beast in the second half. Teague played a great, great game as well. Hopefully, they'll take this and move on to a win against NC State next week. Hope they don't have another let down like they did against GT. State is a team we should beat but so is every team we've lost to. Guess that's why they play the games:D

thegreatone08
02-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Wow Wake is really strugglin this past week and a half. Carolina takes control of the ACC after their 0-2 start.

DaaBoTownSox
02-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Wow Wake is really strugglin this past week and a half. Carolina takes control of the ACC after their 0-2 start.

Yeah they are. I wished my Eagles would have beat them (probably could have).

BTownTeamsRKing
02-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Boston College putting up a great fight right now vs Duke.

Tyrese Rice and Trappani are playing nasty

SidTheKid
02-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Boston College putting up a great fight right now vs Duke.

Tyrese Rice and Trappani are playing nasty

Duke is playing absolutely awful. No offensive flow and no defensive pressure.

thegreatone08
02-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Thank you BC. Carolina is now in control baby!! Still a tough game in a few against Miami

sacgiants1213
02-15-2009, 08:34 PM
can't believe duke lost...

MilfHunter07
02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
duke really is overrated imo.

SidTheKid
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Duke always seems to lose in the same pattern:

1. Start of solid in the first half
2. Gain a comfortable lead but team makes run at end of half
3. Start taking stupid fouls to open 2nd half
4. Go ice cold from the field while the other team lights it up

KmB728
02-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Tyrese Rice is the man

BC now has wins vs UNC, and Duke, some nice wins to add to their march madness resume... to bad they had to loose to Harvard

Chest Rockwell
02-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Tyrese Rice is the man

BC now has wins vs UNC, and Duke, some nice wins to add to their march madness resume... to bad they had to loose to Harvard

Yeah they certainly play up to competition, excluding both Wake games they're in every game. Definately a team to look out for come March.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Boston College always surprises me. whether it be good or bad.

how in the world do u beat UNC and Duke? and then lose to Harvard????

reguardless, watching Tyrese Rice as a man show is fun. i hope BC plays UM, id love to see McClintin vs. Rice.

BRAVE KID
02-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Duke always seems to lose in the same pattern:

1. Start of solid in the first half
2. Gain a comfortable lead but team makes run at end of half
3. Start taking stupid fouls to open 2nd half
4. Go ice cold from the field while the other team lights it uppretty much sums it up there.

SidTheKid
02-17-2009, 01:12 AM
pretty much sums it up there.

It's almost to the point where I start calling what is about to happen in the game. It's kind of scary.

thegreatone08
02-20-2009, 08:48 AM
I thought Dickie V had a hard on for Duke but Bob Knight is 100 times worse. I couldn't stand the love fest he had for Duke. I can understand giving them some credit but he took it way beyond that.

He said if you make the race for National Player of the Year a three man race, it would be Griffin, Hansbrough and SINGLER. What the hell. Singler is a good player don't get me wrong, but even if Hansbrough wasn't in the ACC, Singler still wouldn't get ACC player of the year, let alone NPOY. I would put Lawson, McClinton, and Teague above Singler.

Rtardz
02-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Id also add Douglas from Florida State and Rice from BC before Singler. The only question I have with Singler is some nights he doesnt bring it or he`s off. Rice, Mcclinton, Douglas and Lawson are usually gonna bring it every night. Especially Mcclinton that guys is unreal.