PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone changed their view on Thomas/Noah?

Cubs Man 5
02-05-2009, 02:34 AM
I just wanted to get an outsiders view on this. They both have been playing out of their minds lately. I hope we keep at least one of them, but both could be a key part in a trade for an Amare/Bosh.

Thomas is finally starting to turn into what the Bulls wanted him to be, a double double machine.

Thoughts?

oldenpolynice
02-05-2009, 02:40 AM
I just wanted to get an outsiders view on this. They both have been playing out of their minds lately. I hope we keep at least one of them, but both could be a key part in a trade for an Amare/Bosh.

Thomas is finally starting to turn into what the Bulls wanted him to be, a double double machine.

Thoughts?

Yes on Thomas. He's a defensive monster (just look what he did to LeBron last month) and he's also one of the Top 15 pure athletes in the league. Now that he's slowly developing a jumper (emphasis on slowly) he's becoming a force on offense as well.

I'm still not sold on Noah.

Jonathan2323
02-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Yes on Thomas. He's a defensive monster (just look what he did to LeBron last month) and he's also one of the Top 15 pure athletes in the league. Now that he's slowly developing a jumper (emphasis on slowly) he's becoming a force on offense as well.

agree on Thomas

Noah will never be a good player he is just horrible

Cubs Man 5
02-05-2009, 02:48 AM
agree on Thomas

Noah will never be a good player he is just horrible

I don't know about horrible, but he's very inconsistent. I'm hoping we wouldn't have to trade Thomas, but Noah instead. We know the Suns like Sefolosha and Noah, so we'll see.

But if Thomas had a guy like Amare or Bosh next to him, oh my god..

GunFactor187
02-05-2009, 02:50 AM
Hey I've got an idea, lets try to get Anderson Varejao, Joakim Noah, Robin Lopez, and Delonte West together on the same team. Gosh imagine all the hair!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan2323
02-05-2009, 02:53 AM
I don't know about horrible, but he's very inconsistent. I'm hoping we wouldn't have to trade Thomas, but Noah instead. We know the Suns like Sefolosha and Noah, so we'll see.

i dont watch him very much but of what i have seen is he is very poor offensively and ok on defense.

oldenpolynice
02-05-2009, 02:54 AM

I think you'll need a little more than Sefolosha and Noah to net Amar'e. Ben Gordon or Kirk Hinrich should sweeten the pot. Even then it's probably a stretch.

NJrockPD
02-05-2009, 02:56 AM

You basically said it all, if we could replace noah with a true center we would be a force in the east.

oldenpolynice
02-05-2009, 02:59 AM
You basically said it all, if we could replace noah with a true center we would be a force in the east.

You already have a solid team and I think you'll get the 8th seed in the playoffs, but the real problem is coaching. VDN is not the guy for Chicago. The sooner they cut him loose, the better.

GoatMilk
02-05-2009, 03:11 AM
I've really been impressed with Noah. You can tell he's been hitting the weights and that he's a hard worker. He's gonna be a really solid piece

and as for Thomas, yes as well. I'm loving his patience and you can just tell he's finally getting it. He has also vastly improved his jumper and still has a load of potential. he's only what, 21/22?

BULLSFAN0810
02-05-2009, 04:16 AM
Like i stated on this site since i joined some months ago , Tyrus and Noah are keepers ... You never see young players win championships ..... the reason is young players with all the atleticism arent smart (TYRUS) they have to develop game .... some are Born stars Some have to work at it , espicially if they are all atleticism . ppl were down on him calling him a BUST AND even Stromile Swift ... Swift doesnt have the heart , TYRUS does .....

Noah isnt a low post score but he will go in the post , his greatest asset is his dribbling and his passing ... he is active .. he has a left hand and a right hand hook finishing move . he knows his role and he runs well .....

TRADE DENG < GORDON

PG ROSE
SG THABO
SF TYRUS
PF NOAH
C GREY

Deng
02-05-2009, 05:19 AM
TRADE DENG < GORDON

PG ROSE
SG THABO
SF TYRUS
PF NOAH
C GREY

sorry but that team would probably have the worst record in the NBA year in year out.. I dont see why we'd trade 2 of our 3 best players and then play people out of position..

Rose
Gordon
Deng
Tyrus (he's not an SF)
Noah

is working pretty well now.. I dont see why we'd change it unless we could get a really good big man.

Noah will probably never be a great offensive player but he can be a defensive force and an elite rebounder I think. Tyus is improving a lot.. he still as a way to go but he's becoming a defensive force and I think will be a very good player.

Draco
02-05-2009, 06:36 AM
TT still isn't considered a skilled big man and I know David Thorpe ranks him lower than Love and B. Lopez. I haven't seen much of either of those rookies, so maybe that was obvious. I'm just happy that TT's been more consistent. I'd still like for him to get better.

Kyben36
02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
IF you didnt see last Night, Noahs baskets came off layups and Dunks, mostly from Rose. I mean, His D is OK, But offensivly he is like Tyson Chandler. He isnt a starting C though. He needs to bulk up alot.

Tyrus however Is proving to be a very solid players. He is getting much more consistant and looks like a lesser version of Bosh. I would give him one more year too see if we let him develop

JJ81
02-05-2009, 08:32 AM
I dont really rate Noah but I still think Thomas would be scary to play against.

jgonboricua
02-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Both have been playing really well lately...thomas has become a double double guy and noah has been beasting on the boards lately as well as getting more dunks and layups...both are still very young so i would hold on to them unless we get a guy like bosh...have a feeling both are going to improve drastically over the course of the season and in the offseason as well....
on a side note, noah does now have a live in trainer...so the improved play is the result of better eating habbits/working out where as in the begining of the season he was incredibly out of shape because he spent the summer not working out/smoking pot and vacationing with family...i have a feeling he will have learned his lesson and really his the wieghts hard this offseason

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
They both were excellent in college, I think Tyrus Thomas is finally starting to develop his game. Noah, eh not much to say about him. The Bulls need to reshape their roster and add a All Star vet who will provide them with leadership and a good locker room presence. You can't expect them to rely on a 19 year old kid to be a leader immediately. I think they should keep Rose, Deng, Thomas and put the rest of their young talent on the trade block. They better deal Gordon at the deadline because he isn't coming back. I'm sure they could get an All Star PF if they pulled off a multi-team deal that included Gordon, Hinrich, Gooden, Hughes, and Noah. I'm thinking they would hold onto Nocioni, Thabo, and Gray.

what54!?
02-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Thomas has played some good ball lately and he looks like its turing it around but I still think noah is garbage...

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Thomas has improved I didn't think he had it in him, but things are looking alright for him now.

I don't think Noah will ever be a legitimate big man. Maybe a alright bench player at the most.

Southsideheat
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Noah was never meant to be a star. The Bulls would be extatic with 8 and 8 a game.

I'm still not sold on TT. He just spaces out too much to have any faith in him. But he is progressing.

Rose, Deng, Thomas should be untouchable.

Hinrich, Hughes, Gordon, Sefelosha, Nocioni, Noah, and Gooden should be on their way out soon.

As said earlier, Tyrus with a legit center next to him would be scary.

Gup
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
I've liked Thomas from his LSU days. He won't be a scorer, he'll just clean up on defence and the glass

Grand Master B
02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
You guys are soooooo lucky to have Rose! he will be an amazing player but for the love of God stop talking as if Noah is any good at all. He is a bum and will always be one.

Chicago looked amazing on paper a couple years ago. Lot of young tradable players, expiring contracts, good talent. But they made the ultimate mistake in this business and did NOTHING! and it looks like you guys are going to do it again. You need to build around Rose cause he will be the next Chris paul. TT mayyyyyyyybe will get descent but Noah is so overrated its ridicules. Trade him now while people are still fooled and you can get something in return.

KH12
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I would bet most of the people who criticize Noah, do it based on his looks or his attitude. The guy will never get a fair shake.

DLeeicious
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
I would bet most of the people who criticize Noah, do it based on his looks or his attitude. The guy will never get a fair shake.

You forgot his dance after the NCAA tourney. That right there made me want Hawes that much more in the draft. But seriously, Noah is growing on me. For whatever reason the guy is an amazing offensive rebounder and now that he is in shape he is getting up and down the floor quickly and creating high percentage scores. If he can keep it up I may become a Noah fan.

MegaFauna
02-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Like i stated on this site since i joined some months ago , Tyrus and Noah are keepers ... You never see young players win championships ..... the reason is young players with all the atleticism arent smart (TYRUS) they have to develop game .... some are Born stars Some have to work at it , espicially if they are all atleticism . ppl were down on him calling him a BUST AND even Stromile Swift ... Swift doesnt have the heart , TYRUS does .....

Noah isnt a low post score but he will go in the post , his greatest asset is his dribbling and his passing ... he is active .. he has a left hand and a right hand hook finishing move . he knows his role and he runs well .....

TRADE DENG < GORDON

PG ROSE
SG THABO
SF TYRUS
PF NOAH
C GREY

I'm sorry, but fellow Bulls fans, you need to stop creating scenarios in which Aaron Gray is a starting center. He barely passes for a backup. He sucks. If he is our regular starter, we are in a world of *******.

Trouble87
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
you cant teach heart and Noah has a lot of it.... you might never see him as the face of the bulls franchise but you never question his effort. skill takes time and we all know big men take time to develop... give him time to learn some post moves & bring a 15ft jumper into his game

thomas seems to me like he's all athleticism but he's young too.... he could develop into a more rounded player. dont want to rely on athleticism for too long though... might not always be there

yuns554
02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
anyone watch the game last night
tyrus had some MONSTER dunks
noah will never be more than a scrappy player
i dont see him developing an offensive game so jus trade him for a more legit post player

Iodine
02-05-2009, 06:48 PM

Thoughts?

Letting Big men rape you on a nightly basis is not "out of their mind"

MJ-BULLS
02-05-2009, 10:31 PM
You forgot his dance after the NCAA tourney. That right there made me want Hawes that much more in the draft. But seriously, Noah is growing on me. For whatever reason the guy is an amazing offensive rebounder and now that he is in shape he is getting up and down the floor quickly and creating high percentage scores. If he can keep it up I may become a Noah fan.

that was weird dance but noah is playing better now