PDA

View Full Version : A rule I dislike

Kenny
02-05-2009, 01:24 AM
When you get past 4 team fouls every foul even not int he act of shooting is free throws.. I think it's a terrible rule.. The way some games you see officiated you get too many cheap points... In the final 2 minutes the 2nd team foul would be free throws so at the end of games when teams need to foul they can still..

What do you guys think, you like the way it is now? I think you should be in the act of shooting to be awarded free throws..

lakers4sho
02-05-2009, 01:35 AM
I actually like it. Because during the end of quarters teams usually foul to prevent scoring opportunities.

GunFactor187
02-05-2009, 01:38 AM
I hate backcourt violation.

IversonIsKrazy
02-05-2009, 02:00 AM
i h8 how sometimes, if u r going to take a charge, u gotta be inside the circle/crease thing.

number1nykfan25
02-05-2009, 02:11 AM
a rule i dont like is that when there is a 24 second shot clock violation and the team that stoped them gets the rebound they still stop the play and make them inbound it. Also I dont liek it how teams can throw it into the backcourt when a team had defended teh perfectly. As for the rule you mentioned kenney i dont mind it its a penalty for commiting to many fouls as a team.

Lakers09
02-05-2009, 02:12 AM
i h8 how sometimes, if u r going to take a charge, u gotta be inside the circle/crease thing.

You never have to be inside and thats actually a good rule. It makes it so that the defender can't just sit in the paint.

I think that if they get rid of the 4 foul rule they should make it 3 fouls in the last 4 minutes or something.

pete_one
02-05-2009, 02:33 AM
hack a shaq

Kohaku
02-05-2009, 02:42 AM
^ should learn how to shoot free throws with higher accuracy.

GoatMilk
02-05-2009, 03:56 AM
i know it isnt NBA, but i hate the 1 plus 1 in college

NFLNBA
02-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Not really rules i guess but i hate

1. How when offensive players create all the contact and still get the whistle

2. How when you pump fake to get someone in the air you can jump into there body and shoot to get a foul, where if they shot the ball the way they usually do there wouldnt be any contact.

3. Fouling out is BS or atleast if you foul someone out and the game goes into overtime give them 1 more foul to give!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYstateofMinD
02-05-2009, 11:13 AM

2. How when you pump fake to get someone in the air you can jump into there body and shoot to get a foul, where if they shot the ball the way they usually do there wouldnt be any contact.

3. Fouling out is BS or atleast if you foul someone out and the game goes into overtime give them 1 more foul to give!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with all that. Good post.

kntresistheheat
02-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I hate that you cant crab dribble:p

Twinsfan24
02-05-2009, 11:31 AM

I agree with everything you just said. And I would like to add. The NBA needs to tell the players to shut up and play I cannot stand when they get a foul they always look at the ref and argue. If I ran the league the players would not be allowed to say anything after a call or they would be tossed from the game. It is out of control!!!!!!

kntresistheheat
02-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Also what I really hate is you know when you are dribbling the ball and then you have to take a crap:mad:.......That sucks! but seriously I hate when they call palming the ball when you are dribbling and you see that opening and then you hold the ball for one second and BOOM! Travel is callend or palming whatever:rolleyes: Iverson has been doing that for years and he is the only one that gets away with it!!!!!!!!!!

GMerce25
02-05-2009, 11:45 AM
i hate how picky the refs are with fouls, you see someone step infront of a ball carrier to take a charge, they do a perfect job, and still a foul is called on them. NBA games can get really boring when all your looking at is foul shooting practice. they have to let these guys play with a little bit of contact.

thebigtime313
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
the pump fake and the jump into the body is bull. should be an offensive foul. lol@the inside the crease guy.......really? and when's the last time Kohaku watched basketball? Shaq's doing farely well now.

DrDEADalready
02-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I like it. Serves as a punishment for playing bad defensive. tighten up and you won't have to award the other teams free points by fouling them.

np6526
02-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I HATE THE SUPERSTAR-FOULS...ITS NOT FAIR AT ALL! you guys know what im talking about, the special calls super-super stars, aka Kobe and LeBron get!

_Sn1P3r_
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I actually don't mind that rule. It's pretty smart especially if you're up by 3, then you could foul and not give them a chance for 3 and just play the freethrow game.

Odominator
02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
I hate how refs call fouls for everything. The game is definitely not the same game with teh refs dictating almost every posession.

IndyRealist
02-05-2009, 04:30 PM

The backcourt violation was instituted because teams were dibbling the ball all around the court, running down the clock, and they were getting final scores of like 24-16. It's kind of redundant with the 24 second shot clock.

I also dislike the restricted circle in the paint, the NBA tries to take away any chance at defense so athletic wingmen can put up 50 points a game. If a guy's just standing there, and the offensive player runs into him, it's a defensive foul no matter what? Who wasn't moving? Who initiated contact? Kinda like jump shooters jumping into defenders (though you shouldn't leave your feet defending a jump shooter, bleh). If you can't score because Shaq's guarding the basket, then maybe you ought to learn actually shoot the ball instead of just dunking?

To the OP, teams have to suffer some sort of penalty for non-shooting fouls, or players would be getting mugged out on the perimeter. Two free throws is better than 1 plus the ball, like you get with the hack-a-shaq rule.

JJ81
02-05-2009, 06:05 PM

It's a vital rule in my opinion.

JJ81
02-05-2009, 06:05 PM
hack a shaq

That's not a rule.

Fire&Ice2&33
02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
i hate all of the cheap fouls...they need to loosin up on the fouls

Wilson
02-05-2009, 06:19 PM

If you're inside the crease, it's a blocking foul. You've got to be outside the crease to take a charge. I like it that way, like someone said earlier, it stops people from just camping out under the basket.

a rule i dont like is that when there is a 24 second shot clock violation and the team that stoped them gets the rebound they still stop the play and make them inbound it. Also I dont liek it how teams can throw it into the backcourt when a team had defended teh perfectly. As for the rule you mentioned kenney i dont mind it its a penalty for commiting to many fouls as a team.

Agreed. I'm sure that a rule was put in place a few years ago which said that if you get the ball as the shot clock is expiring on your opponent, the refs are supposed to let you play on (for the fast break and stuff). But the refs always seem to stop play.

I don't mind that you can inbound into the backcourt though. If you're inbounding right next to the half court line, it's quite easy for a defender to take most of the front court away from you, so they should make it so you can actually get the ball in bounds.

I like that you can draw fouls that way. If you play disciplined defense, you won't commit that foul anyway. Nothing wrong with discouraging un-discilplined defense.

I don't like some of the touch fouls that get called on the perimeter. Guys like Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Paul are going to get their points and assists anyway, why put them at even more of an advantage?

However, the thing which continues to annoy me above all else concerning the NBA is inconsistency amongst the officials. These guys don't seem to know what they want to call from game to game and quarter to quarter. It gets so frustrating sometimes.

_Sn1P3r_
02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
That's not a rule.

Yup, it's a strategy.

WntAbCEO
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't like how if you get the ball (mainly outside) and you start to drive you have to dribble before you take a step. Its probably a good rule but it slows down the game

Wilson
02-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't like how if you get the ball (mainly outside) and you start to drive you have to dribble before you take a step. Its probably a good rule but it slows down the game

Not really...:shrug:

QUICKTRADE
02-05-2009, 07:59 PM
they dont fire incompetent refs

GunFactor187
02-05-2009, 08:08 PM
The backcourt violation was instituted because teams were dibbling the ball all around the court, running down the clock, and they were getting final scores of like 24-16. It's kind of redundant with the 24 second shot clock.

I also dislike the restricted circle in the paint, the NBA tries to take away any chance at defense so athletic wingmen can put up 50 points a game. If a guy's just standing there, and the offensive player runs into him, it's a defensive foul no matter what? Who wasn't moving? Who initiated contact? Kinda like jump shooters jumping into defenders (though you shouldn't leave your feet defending a jump shooter, bleh). If you can't score because Shaq's guarding the basket, then maybe you ought to learn actually shoot the ball instead of just dunking?

To the OP, teams have to suffer some sort of penalty for non-shooting fouls, or players would be getting mugged out on the perimeter. Two free throws is better than 1 plus the ball, like you get with the hack-a-shaq rule.

It's a vital rule in my opinion.

The reason why I don't like the BCV rule is because it's absolutely absurd that you have to stop the game just because you stepped behind the center line. It just slows down the game.