PDA

View Full Version : Worst ESPN basketball personality.

hotpotato1092
02-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Who is the worst basketball personality on ESPN, here are the nominees:

Stephen A. Smith: The Dane Cook of sports analysts. He has no idea what he's talking about so he's just loud and obnoxious hoping people will listen to him because of it.

Jalen Rose: CANNOT stop talking about 2010. I feel like he could be doing highlights of a Pacers-Bobcats game and suddenly break out a "Toronto Raptors fans enjoy Chris Bosh while you have him". He says that at least four time a week, word for word.

Tim Legler: If a player is long Legler is orgasmic over their potential. He thinks all these long 6-10 180 pound small forwards are gonna be great just because their long and have tons of upside (i.e Anthony Randolph). I hate hate hate him.

John Hollinger: Thinks a player's place in history should be determined solely by PER. Guess what John, there's more to life than stats. I bet he's still a virgin, major points on the terribleness scale.

Other: State your case for someone else.

hotpotato1092
02-05-2009, 12:24 AM
If a mod could post a poll that would be great, I forgot.

Giaps
02-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Gary Payton is pretty annoying with all his sounds and lack of quality input.

still1ballin
02-05-2009, 12:54 AM

Stephen A. Smith: The Dane Cook of sports analysts. He has no idea what he's talking about so he's just loud and obnoxious hoping people will listen to him because of it.

Jalen Rose: CANNOT stop talking about 2010. I feel like he could be doing highlights of a Pacers-Bobcats game and suddenly break out a "Toronto Raptors fans enjoy Chris Bosh while you have him". He says that at least four time a week, word for word.

Tim Legler: If a player is long Legler is orgasmic over their potential. He thinks all these long 6-10 180 pound small forwards are gonna be great just because their long and have tons of upside (i.e Anthony Randolph). I hate hate hate him.

John Hollinger: Thinks a player's place in history should be determined solely by PER. Guess what John, there's more to life than stats. I bet he's still a virgin, major points on the terribleness scale.

HAHAH it also takes him 3 minutes to say a full sentence.

Shaq back 2 L.A
02-05-2009, 01:06 AM
umm anybody who is a kobe hater and is all over lebrons nuts

ugafan
02-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Stephen A. Smith

GunFactor187
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Ric Bucher, CANNOT stand the guy.

Lone Maverick
02-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Pretty much all of ESPN sucks, Avery Johnson is one of the few at ESPN I actually like.

Jon Barry-terrible
Tim Legler- eh
Jamal Mashburn-pass
Jalen Rose- I can tolerate him, even with that goofy look on his face, that never goes away

TNT>>>>>>>>ESPN
ESPN in general just slurps anything LeBron does and that in itself is annoying, but with Chuck being out and Gary Payton attempting to ruin Inside the NBA smh @ that

Also something that always bugged me about ESPN ( and I know a lot of other networks do it as well, but ESPN is allegedly "The World-Wide Leader in Sports" :rolleyes: ) in comparison to Inside the NBA is the constant looking in the camera. It just looks ridiculous to me. Stewert Scott asks Jon Barry a question and whether than looking at the guy that asked the question in the first place, he replies to the camera? I mean they all do it. Its just not natural at all imo. Inside just seems more natural.

hotpotato1092
02-05-2009, 01:15 AM

Forgot about Bucher, he's pretty useless also.

GunFactor187
02-05-2009, 01:19 AM

No doubt dude. Just wanted to get it out of my system that's all...

oldenpolynice
02-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Chad Ford (offers nothing insightful). Bill Walton. Stephen A. Smith (flat out makes **** up).

Iggydelphia
02-05-2009, 01:31 AM
i know he doesnt even work for espn or announce bball games but i gotta say joe buck

pmmr2113
02-05-2009, 01:37 AM
how can anyone hate bill walton? i love that guy

KG2TB
02-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Jalen Rose - he may be drunk on set

Tim Legler - Something about him bothers me. He's never too insightful either

Jon Barry - Wow... nothing else to say

Arac
02-05-2009, 01:49 AM
I hate Bill Walton, not sure if it's racional, but I don't like his way.

And I DESPISE John Hollinger, and completly agree with hotpotato.

KobeIs
02-05-2009, 03:45 AM
i dont like hollinger for the many reasons state above and after me, lol

Lakersfan2483
02-05-2009, 03:51 AM
I don't like Bill Walton. Legler is okay, Mashburn is a dry analyst and Rose is not good.... Walton is the worst though. In terms of sports writers, John Hollinger is the worst and you can add Chad Ford to that list as well....

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-05-2009, 03:52 AM
^
Bill Walton is kind of funny.

GoatMilk
02-05-2009, 03:54 AM
Adande and Jon Barry

my favorite one is Chris Broussard though.

ARMIN12NBA
02-05-2009, 03:59 AM
I don't like Bill Walton. Legler is okay, Mashburn is a dry analyst and Rose is not good.... Walton is the worst though. In terms of sports writers, John Hollinger is the worst and you can add Chad Ford to that list as well....

I remember when Walton said that the Celtics were going to break the Bulls record when they hit the 19th game of their 19 game winning streak and said they were definitely going to beat the Lakers on Christmas Day. Walton always gives me a good laugh. :smoking:

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2009, 04:18 AM

i cant stand marc stein and his north east coast bias and you can make a VERY VERY strong case for Bill walton. OMG i dont even want to go there

lakerfan4lizife
02-05-2009, 04:20 AM
Ok alot of these guys are annoying at times but how has no one mention FREAKING JEFF VAN GUNDY!!!! By far hands down the most annoying basketball person employed!!!!! He says dumb crap, and verbally sucks people's D's! other times he is just bitter about not being a good enough coach to be employed while his brother is in Orlando takin names! And it makes it worse that he is a kobe hater

MagicBucsSox
02-05-2009, 04:28 AM
legler because i hate when guys who stunk become analyst and speak negative on players light years better than them. ie cris collinsworth,

Hellcrooner
02-05-2009, 05:32 AM
they ALL suck, but the worsts must be Bucher and Simmons.

GspLAL
02-05-2009, 05:34 AM
I remember when Walton said that the Celtics were going to break the Bulls record when they hit the 19th game of their 19 game winning streak and said they were definitely going to beat the Lakers on Christmas Day. Walton always gives me a good laugh. :smoking:

HA I remember that too.

snickers
02-05-2009, 09:06 AM
michael wilbon,jon berry,bill walton,jalen rose (this guy rides lebron's dick hard, if he rhode it any harder he would be a condom.

rick kamla (i know he doesn't work for bspn but this guy drives me nuts)

just watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c2ngAd7wYE

kingjanjic
02-05-2009, 09:30 AM
umm anybody who is a kobe hater and is all over lebrons nuts

straight upppppp, its like david stern pays these guys to "try" to convience people that lebron is better then kobe so he can market him and make david beckham money off this dude.

kobe still got the number 1 jersey custyyyyyyy, espn is a bad crew overall, they weak n talk non sense, abc is much better and actally funnier n talk facts and they r older 2.

but come on b real, riding lebrons nuts dont make him better homie hahahah. SO STOP, ITS ANNOYING,

DitchDat
02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Gary Payton is AWFUL

His laugh is scary and he's just there for bold statements and provocations.

LanceUpperCut
02-05-2009, 09:57 AM
The only guy I like is Eric Snow,Weber not bad. BREAKING NEWS...my source's tell me Stephen A Smith is a DOUCHE BAG.Please someone punch that idiot in the face.

ameer9521
02-05-2009, 10:04 AM
I hate Bill Walton, not sure if it's racional, but I don't like his way.

And I DESPISE John Hollinger, and completly agree with hotpotato.

just to add on, i throw up in my mouth when-ever i hear mush-mouth bill walton. he uses these big azz words that are not called for, makes terrible assumptions, & thinks his son is a great player. i like steve smith & j. rose, i find g. payton & c webb. to be humorous. they keep me laughing as they go through the games, it reminds me of talking w/my friends about the games. a little something different from what we are used to.

ameer9521
02-05-2009, 10:07 AM
legler because i hate when guys who stunk become analyst and speak negative on players light years better than them. ie cris collinsworth,

tushay, i think he has no personality. pretty good analyst but w/no personality he shouldn't be on t.v.

Jambox5000
02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Definitely Steven A. Smith. That man is instant grounds for a channel change when he shows up.

scion52
02-05-2009, 10:34 AM

Stephen A. Smith does know what he's talking about. It's just the way he speaks that makes him sound like a douche.

The Intimidator
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Stephen A. Smith, without a doubt.

Vidball
02-05-2009, 11:20 AM
1. John Hollinger--the guy is a complete tool. Every word he writes is an attempt to validate his super-flawed system that doesn't work well in team or individual rankings. If the guy wants to rank a player by stats alone he should move on to golf. You actually need to watch the games Johnny Boy!!!

2. Bill Walton--the most outspoken, outrageous idiot to "analyze" (and I used that term as loosely as I can) the best game on the planet. I can't believe some of the words that fly through those Horse Teeth of his.

3. SAS--aside from an occasional inside scoop the guy is worthless. He tries a bit too hard to be over the top and he acts like he is the most unique individual on the planet when he is clearly just another clown in a suit pushing ESPN's agenda.

jmoney23
02-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I know he's on TNT, but Gary Payton is horrible. I'm upset because I was a big fan of the The Glove when he was playing, but man, he makes Chris Webber look good. If you have ever wondered what the "A" stands for, it's Angry.

The Prodigy
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
tnt is the best but anyone watch 1st and 10

mike_noodles
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Stephanie A Smith

The Intimidator
02-05-2009, 11:56 AM
2. Bill Walton--the most outspoken, outrageous idiot to "analyze" (and I used that term as loosely as I can) the best game on the planet. I can't believe some of the words that fly through those Horse Teeth of his.

I agree with you here, Walton lacks credibility. Every time he's doing a game, he seems to tell a story about how he played with Larry Bird, even though the topic was something completely. As a Celtics fan, I enjoy the stories, but I can only imagine how annoying that can be to a fan of another team.

fresh prince
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM

Ditto Bucher is the worse...

His defining moment was when He proclaimed that if Kobe played another game as a laker he would quit his job.

1 and half seasons later were still forced to here Bucher's nonsensical ramblings!

My caption speaks for itself

what54!?
02-05-2009, 02:22 PM
john hollinger. seriously who gives a damn about PER stats.

Nwsports22
02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
straight upppppp, its like david stern pays these guys to "try" to convience people that lebron is better then kobe so he can market him and make david beckham money off this dude.

kobe still got the number 1 jersey custyyyyyyy, espn is a bad crew overall, they weak n talk non sense, abc is much better and actally funnier n talk facts and they r older 2.

ESPN and ABC are the same company.

WadeCounty
02-05-2009, 02:30 PM
TNT>ESPN, but without charles barkley its just not the same :(, I hate having GP there and webb isn't the same

That Guy Mooque
02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Tim Legler is horrible. I hate that guy! Stephen A. comes off unintellegent and arrogant when some one contests him (i.e Skip Bayless), but when he prepares for a conversation or article (takes time to think about what he's saying) he's OK. I also can't stand Reggie Miller. It's funny to watch Barkley make fun of him, but he has no substance. Plus, anytime he's on play-by-play and there's a block during the game, they always have to bring up Millers blocked lay-up from Tayshaun Prince. And he seems MORE bitter everytime. His suits look so tight, I'm convinced he cuts them off when he's done. Also, he always screws up his punch lines on commentary. He once said that, "They need to throw the KITCHEN BOOK at LeBron." WTF is a kitchen book?

I guess, in conclusion, pure shooters should not be commentators.

Gup
02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
how can anyone hate bill walton? i love that guy

the guy is priceless

Gup
02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
TNT>ESPN, but without charles barkley its just not the same :(, I hate having GP there and webb isn't the same

GP is pretty funny to watch

WadeCounty
02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I love stephen a smith hes HILARIOUS, whos watching him now on ESPN talkin bout what performance was better, kobes or lebrons? even the camera guy cant stop laughing LMAO

WSU Tony
02-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Stephen A Smith is the worst commentator. All he does is yell and half of what he says I can't understand. He's terrible imo. I could get on first take and yell at skip and make no valid points but I don't have the chance.

GunFactor187
02-05-2009, 03:39 PM
How could anybody say Stephen A. Smith is bad? EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS IMPORTANT!!!!

JNore151
02-05-2009, 03:59 PM
idk if he is still there but i thought dee brown had to be the worst........jalen rose is pretty bad .....sas - come on man how many times is he gonna guarntee the knicks making the playoffs....... off topic i hate mike greenberg , mike shelerth and i forgot dudes name on nfl live ( the main host) m.wiley is stupid........ i love skip and jim rome probly the ony ones who i give credibility to......

t mac and reed
02-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Doris Burke is absolutely horrible

GunFactor187
02-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Jalen is like a freaking robot when he's talking.

Trouble87
02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Stephen A. Hole .... he says things (sometimes lies) to get a reaction & talks loud to help establish his point (sign of insecurity not passion) he's the worst. I can never forget him breaking down that Kwame Brown/Gasol trade... he played a lil college basketball & became a sports writer but he has the right to critique players that harshly... i think not

JJ81
02-05-2009, 05:07 PM
John Hollinger

Nets fan 93
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Charles Barkley- Every single year
"VC is done."

guess what chuck... every year you say that VC proves you wrong...
:drunk: look familiar chuck?

jackyyy
02-05-2009, 10:32 PM
lol good topic.

i love stephen a smith. without him there would be no fun!

:)

MJ-BULLS
02-05-2009, 10:36 PM
lol good topic.

i love stephen a smith. without him there would be no fun!

:)

i think stephen a smith is a funny guy:)

mdlr52192
02-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Stephen A Smith is good to watch. He's not very insightful, he just yells stuff, and I just think its hilarious when someone doesn't know what they're talkin about and they try and rip on ppl. Jalen Rose is another person whos fun to watch because of that goofy a#$ bow tie he wears sometimes.

JordanPippen
02-05-2009, 10:57 PM
michael wilbon,jon berry,bill walton,jalen rose (this guy rides lebron's dick hard, if he rhode it any harder he would be a condom.

rick kamla (i know he doesn't work for bspn but this guy drives me nuts)

just watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c2ngAd7wYE

Wilbon? Naw, Michael Wilbon is legit.

jerseykidd88
02-05-2009, 11:10 PM
he as a sports anchorman is horrid i have nbatv and i must deal with it ...:mad:

Raps18-19 Champ
02-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Is he the former wrestler?

Sport
02-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Wasnt he the wrestler who said "what does everybody want?" And then the crowd would yell "head". And he carried a plastic head around.:laugh2:

statquo
02-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Head!

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-05-2009, 11:20 PM
ya thats him, where's he on at?

IRUAM #21
02-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Al Snow getting head (http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p199/TOMMYFIERRO/alsnow-1.jpg)

theimortalone
02-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Is he the former wrestler?

Hah that is what I was thinking when I saw the thread name Al snow. :laugh:

ink
02-06-2009, 12:03 AM
he as a sports anchorman is horrid i have nbatv and i must deal with it ...:mad:

This doesn't deserve a thread.

MooseWithFleas
02-06-2009, 12:12 AM
WHAT DOES EVERyBODY WANT?!?!!?!!?!?!

JPHX
02-06-2009, 02:40 AM
jalen rose also cannot ever pick a good matching outfit nor correctly tie a windsor knot or any other type of knot for his mismatching ties.

bill walton talks like hes high. i dont care who you are, nobody EVER knows what hes talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZS6sRVWsk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jArUB6mB6hs
Funny Frank Caliendo Impersonation