02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Gonzo might want out of kc. AHHHHHHHH!!!:speechless::speechless:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-gonzalez020309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

EaglesRuleWorld
02-04-2009, 08:28 PM
To the Eagles!!!! :drool: :dance: :jumpy: :dance2: :pray:

JerzeyFresh
02-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I hope why dont some of you Chiefs fans come to the Eagles forum and discuss what it would take for us to trade to you for gonzalez we have a thread for it

FreedomReigns
02-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd be happy with Tony Gonzalez in Arizona. Kansas City should do whatever they can to keep him in a Chiefs uniform.

Nvchiefsfan
02-04-2009, 10:16 PM
I think Tony will stay in KC since Allen left he is the only face of our franchise now. Pioli would be ******** to get rid of him. Tony is KC just like Derrick was.

JerzeyFresh
02-04-2009, 10:36 PM
What do you guys think it would take to acquire Tony??

Dauber4MVP
02-04-2009, 11:57 PM
I don't think its surprising anyone LJ and Tony G want out...it should be a 3rd rounder for Tony G., and a 4th Rounder for LJ...the Chiefs do need to rid themselves of the distraction of LJ, but i think they may want to try to talk Tony into stayin around.

JerzeyFresh
02-05-2009, 12:39 AM
wow i wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd for Tony and a 4th for LJ when hes healthy hes one of the best backs in the NFL if the best

Duffman
02-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Tony never said he wants out... He said he wants to stay here and will wait to see who the HC is and who else we bring in before he makes a decision. Either way, he isn't going anywhere.

BigRatt
02-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Get a 3rd and send his azz down the road. I'm sick and damn tired of these guys running thier damn mouths. Get a 3rd for LJ and send him packing as well. I would just about trade LJ for a good azz beating. Take those 2 picks and trade up.

Duffman
02-05-2009, 02:26 AM
LOL no one would give up a 3rd for LJ.

BigRatt
02-05-2009, 03:15 AM
LOL no one would give up a 3rd for LJ.

Probally NOT! But its a damn good thought!

musclemenace
02-05-2009, 10:24 AM
I love it. Let the Eagles have em'. Keep the Eagles old! Get a washed up LJ and a fast aging Gonzo. That'll make ya'll contenders for YEARS to come. :rolleyes:

musclemenace
02-05-2009, 10:27 AM
NBC sports wrote an article about the possibility of Gonzo to the Giants, being that the Giants was one of his named teams last season.

He said he wants to have a chance to win a superbowl (so why would he want to go to the Eagles :p), but really, I don't think the Giants will show any interest.

He will demand at least a 2nd round pick IMO, and the Giants will not give them that IMO. Plus, even though he's still a pass threat... he wont be for long (meaning 3 yrs down the line).

So why give a 2nd for a guy that maybe has 3 yrs left of good TE football. :shrug:

kcsportsfan09
02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
All though I'd like to see Tony stay in KC and finish his career, he does deserve a chance at a ring. He's a class act and he's done so much for the kc community and the chiefs organization. Trade him to a contender and give him a shot.

fightwookies
02-05-2009, 01:05 PM
i think we could get a second for LJ. New England gave Cincinnati a second for a broken down Corey Dillon coming off an injury plagued season where he ran for 541 yards. LJ still has value in the league, don't set your sights too low or we'll get robbed.
And while we're at it, if we trade Tony G, I want to see him play for the Pats. he would get a ring there. Brady throwing to him and Moss would be unstoppable.

Duffman
02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
i think we could get a second for LJ. New England gave Cincinnati a second for a broken down Corey Dillon coming off an injury plagued season where he ran for 541 yards. LJ still has value in the league, don't set your sights too low or we'll get robbed.
And while we're at it, if we trade Tony G, I want to see him play for the Pats. he would get a ring there. Brady throwing to him and Moss would be unstoppable.

:laugh:

fightwookies
02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
laughter?

would you rather let a talented player go for less than he is worth when motivated? perhaps you thought al davis was screwing over the pats when he traded the most talented malcontent receiver for a 4th round pick? or maybe you think the eagles got fleeced talent-wise when they sent another talented malcontent to the eagles for a 5th round pick and brandon whiting? whiting-an incredible talent who accumulated 10 amazing tackles and a whopping 0 sacks in his only season with the niners before he was out of football

Duffman
02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
You do realize LJ hasn't produced in years, no RB has ever rebounded from taking as many carries as he did in on season, he has legal issues, hes not a team player, he has character issues, and hes at the age where RB's drop off anyways. Why would any team give up a lot for a position that a dime in a dozen when they can draft a better RB and keep him longer? Smart teams keep a RB for a few years while they are young and let them go after their first contract. The only people who think LJ is worth a lot are total homers.

fightwookies
02-05-2009, 09:46 PM
LJ has young legs by runningback standards. he started one year at penn state. didn't get a whole lot of carries behind priest for three years. yeah there were two years that wore on him but that is all he has ever done. johnson is not a speed back, never has been. losing a step won't take away as much from his game as it would from your average runningback. i'm just saying that people who essentially want to rid their team of a talented player for nothing but a fourth round pick are doing their team a disservice. have you seen a runningback put up numbers behind a line as horrid as the chiefs the last two years? only barry sanders could have put up respectable #s with that piece of crap. adrian jones? niswanger? they're terrible. runningbacks are not a dime a dozen. there are guys who can produce and guys who can't. a good line or a bad line can accentuate either way.

JerzeyFresh
02-05-2009, 10:52 PM
I love it. Let the Eagles have em'. Keep the Eagles old! Get a washed up LJ and a fast aging Gonzo. That'll make ya'll contenders for YEARS to come. :rolleyes:

noone said we wanted LJ and as old as we are we beat your ***** in the playoffs ******

Duffman
02-06-2009, 02:45 PM
With the style LJ runs, he isn't fresh anymore. That style of RB breaks down very fast.

chomaru
02-06-2009, 05:34 PM
I dont get to watch many KC games, is Gonzalez a good blocker?

fightwookies
02-06-2009, 05:48 PM
and sadly, our o line has made lj look a lot older than he really is.

gonzo is good at everything he does. he wasn't a great blocker initially, but worked on it diligently for years and although he'll never be called a road grader, he is more than serviceable.

Fade to Black
02-10-2009, 01:16 AM
I've always respected Tony and think he is great but I seriously think that KC would be nuts not to trade him. He just had a prow bowl year and his stock should be about as good as could be expected for a player his age.

It will suck for the fans to lose a guy like this but in the bigger picture I think it's best for both parties.....ditto for LJ. Take what you can get and keep building......(something I wish my team could do)

Peace