PDA

View Full Version : Best future team?

FaceDown91
02-04-2009, 07:05 PM
In about 5 years when players like kevin durant, OJ Mayo, Derrik Rose, etc. fully adapt, which one of the young teams like the Grizzlies or the Thunder will be better in about a length of 5 years or so?

Lakers4ItAll
02-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Those good players on those bad teams now will be signing somewhere else in 5 years.

QUICKTRADE
02-04-2009, 07:10 PM
sounds correct

dolfan720
02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Rockets! have u looked at there young talent. Landry, Wafer, Brookes, Scola, and even yao

TheChosenOne88
02-04-2009, 07:14 PM
If the Grizzlies build around Mayo, Gay, Gasol, and Warrick they will be dangerous. They need to add vets/unload some of their young talent this summer.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-04-2009, 07:15 PM
the knicks!

TheChosenOne88
02-04-2009, 07:18 PM
the knicks!

Keep dreaming, although David Lee could be an All Star some day if he actually cares about developing his game and his breakout season wasn't just to get a fat contract.

BronxB0mbers26
02-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Knicks 2010 Starting line-up

Pg-Stephen Curry

Sg-LeBron James

Sf- Danillo Galinari

Pf- Wilson Chandler

C- David Lee

JerzeyFresh
02-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Call me a Homer but if the Sixers execute the rumor trades (Miller for Bayless etc) with all of the young improving players they have (Iggy Lou Thad Speights possibly Bayless) they could be a championship team in 5 years especially if they draft a center trade sammy and sign veterans to build around the youngsters. After this years draft theyll have even more young talent considering they are probably a lottery team

HOZ THE KNICK
02-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Keep dreaming, although David Lee could be an All Star some day if he actually cares about developing his game and his breakout season wasn't just to get a fat contract.why i have to be dreaming.

BullsNumber1Fan
02-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Rockets! have u looked at there young talent. Landry, Wafer, Brookes, Scola, and even yao

:laugh:Aren't Scola and Yao like 27-28 years old? They will be like mid-30's in 5 years, how are they young!? My answer is the Blazers with the Bulls in 2nd, and I am not being a homer. Look at the Bulls young talent:

Rose(20)
Gordon(25)/Sefolosha(23)
Deng(23)
Tyrus(22)
Noah(22)/Gray(22)

If Tyrus keeps improving like he has this season, in about 2 years he could be an All-Star, and if you don't believe watch some more Bulls games. Rose will be 1 of the top 3 point guards in the league. Since Janurary, Deng has been averaging 18/10 and Noah has been averaging 8/11/2. If the Bulls could get someone like Bosh/Amare to put at C and put Noah on the bench, you could out them up their with the Blazers in terms of being the best team in a few years

redhorse
02-04-2009, 07:34 PM
im rooting for the knicks to be good, i also see the nets becoming a good team, but i think the trailblazers are going to be real good someday... barring injuries i think oden will be a real good player

TheChosenOne88
02-04-2009, 07:34 PM

Pg-Stephen Curry

Sg-LeBron James

Sf- Danillo Galinari

Pf- Wilson Chandler

C- David Lee

Your team won't get Stephen Curry unless they lose the rest of their games this season. He is going to be a top 5 pick.

td0tsfinest
02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
The thunder have a good young core in Westbrook, Durant and Green. They need some inside presence and some veteran leadership off the bench. Will they be championship contendors? Durant has become a legitimate scorer in the league (and efficent as well), its going to depend on how Westbrook and Green pan out for the next few years.

They'll be in the lotto again this year, question is will they trade that draft pick for a veteran or will they get another youngster to build their core.

EAGLES3658
02-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Blazers I think will be very good.....Roy, Oden, and Aldridge.

thornz503
02-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Blazers I think will be very good.....Roy, Oden, and Aldridge.

Blazers easily. . .they are the second youngest team in the NBA and the youngest if you don't count Raef LaFrentz (who doesn't even play).

Hawkeye15
02-04-2009, 08:07 PM
1. Blazers
2. Wolves
3. Memphis
4. OKC

Lot can change in 5 years though. This is a prediction if they were able to keep their current players, grow together, while continuing to add pieces.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Blazers easily. . .they are the second youngest team in the NBA and the youngest if you don't count Raef LaFrentz (who doesn't even play).

Blazers avg age of contributing players is 23.5

Minnesota avg age on contributing players is 24.8

Memphis avg age on contributing players is 23.3

Thunder avg age of contributing players is 25.7

That is scary that the Blazers are that young. THey won't be able to hold onto all that talent, but if they pick the right guys, dang. The other teams are still in building, with Minnesota leading the curve right now, but they should all be okay unless management screws them up

GunFactor187
02-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Imagine if a team like OKC ends up getting Blake Griffin...

PG - Westbrook
SG - Durant
SF - Green
PF - Griffin
C - (you guys fill this in)

sportzkid1503
02-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Imagine if a team like OKC ends up getting Blake Griffin...

PG - Westbrook
SG - Durant
SF - Green
PF - Griffin
C - (you guys fill this in)

Nenad Krstic :clap:

Kakaroach
02-04-2009, 08:44 PM
1. Blazers
2. OKC
3. T-Wolves
Memphis is horrible and always will be. Don't expect Mayo and Gay to stay around after their contracts expire.

Kyle916
02-04-2009, 08:52 PM
It isn't the best but:

Kevin Martin
Spencer Hawes
Jason Thompson
Donte Greene
Francisco Garcia

Plus two 1st round picks this year (potentially the top pick being one of them).

That's a lot of talent. Give it a few years.

Draco
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Predicting who might win the championship changes month to month.. predicting which young team has the best future is near impossible. IMO, the conversation begins and ends with the Blazers simply because they have a balanced team, their roster is set and they have depth. The fortunes of every other young team is subject to player development, future drafts and trades. Some of these teams are in a better position than others but so far in this thread I haven't seen a ranking that I agree with. Minnesota isn't much closer than Boston was when they had Al Jefferson. Boston could have simply held on to Jefferson and added the same pieces but they said f' it. I don't see Rose leaving Chicago.. he's from Chicago, he doesn't possess a Boozer-type, backstabbing, money is everything, personality. And Chicago is one of the bigger markets in the league. Mayo, in Memphis on the other hand.. I'd be worried about him staying in that location past his second contract.

fins08
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
blazers

SeoulBeatz
02-04-2009, 09:04 PM
SIXERS

PG- Lou Williams (21)
SG- Andre Iguodala (24)
SF- Thaddeus Young (20)
PF- Marreese Speights (21)
C- Jason Smith (22)

thats some young talent right there son

TheChosenOne88
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Blazers avg age of contributing players is 23.5

Minnesota avg age on contributing players is 24.8

Memphis avg age on contributing players is 23.3

Thunder avg age of contributing players is 25.7

That is scary that the Blazers are that young. THey won't be able to hold onto all that talent, but if they pick the right guys, dang. The other teams are still in building, with Minnesota leading the curve right now, but they should all be okay unless management screws them up

Your right they are not going to be able to hold onto all that talent. I can see Oden pulling a Shaq from his Magic days. If I could only keep 2 of 3 out of Roy, Aldridge, and Oden I would pick Roy and Aldridge. Roy is great on the offensive side of the ball and Oden is great on the defensive side of the ball, but Aldridge is developing his ENTIRE game and he is a going to be a beast in a year or two. I'm predicting that the Blazers will make it to the West. Conf. Finals within the next 2 seasons.

GarlicStench
02-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Monta Ellis
Andres Biedrins
Brandon Wright
Anthony Randolph
Anthony Morrow

The youngest team in the league and will be the best young team in the league!

astrosmaniac
02-04-2009, 09:23 PM
memphis will be amazing. they start a 3rd year SF, 2nd year PG, and a rookie SG, C, and PF. gasol looks like he could be a 10/10 guy, arthur looks like a steal that late in the draft. i wish the rockets had traded dorsey for green instead of him

kswissdaf
02-04-2009, 09:37 PM
This is a huge homer thread

young_soldier
02-04-2009, 09:57 PM

Pg-Stephen Curry

Sg-LeBron James

Sf- Danillo Galinari

Pf- Wilson Chandler

C- David Lee

Not to discourage Knicks fans, but if Cleveland keep putting up the kind of numbers they have been putting up this year, Lebron will stay.

Why? Because in two years, Boston will not be as good and Cleveland will probably reach the finals or at least deep into the playoffs. The coverage Lebron and his agents covet will be there if Cleveland is consistently reaches the finals or the semi - finals year after year.

Dwyane wade has consistently said he wants to remain in Miami.

So your only possible chance, according to analyst Steven A. Smith, is Chris Bosh. Week after Week, There seems to be a new Bosh rumour but this is probably only because the Raptors are not doing as well...

Bosh however, has completely denied these rumours, and even if the Knicks were to sign him, he would not be the man with the Knicks meaning he would not lead the team to the championship.

I'd say better luck with trying to build around Stephen Curry or another top Draft Pick in the future.

But as long as it isn't 2010 yet I guess there still is a chance...

TheChosenOne88
02-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Not to discourage Knicks fans, but if Cleveland keep putting up the kind of numbers they have been putting up this year, Lebron will stay.

Why? Because in two years, Boston will not be as good and Cleveland will probably reach the finals or at least deep into the playoffs. The coverage Lebron and his agents covet will be there if Cleveland is consistently reaches the finals or the semi - finals year after year.

So your only possible chance, according to analyst Steven A. Smith, is Chris Bosh. Week after Week, There seems to be a new Bosh rumour but this is probably only because the Raptors are not doing as well...

Bosh however, has completely denied these rumours, and even if the Knicks were to sign him, he would not be the man with the Knicks meaning he would not lead the team to the championship.

I'd say better luck with trying to build around Stephen Curry or another top Draft Pick in the future.

Couldn't agree more and I am not being a biased Cavs fan. Pierce is going on 32, Garnett is going on 33 and Allen is going on 34. Don't be surprised in the summer of 2010 if the Celtics do not have any of those 3 players. Yea Boston won a championship last year but it certainly was not because of Doc Rivers coaching. Rivers was on the verge of being canned if the Celtics did not make the playoffs last season before they got Garnett and Allen. I'm 99% sure that if Garnett and Allen went to any team that had an All Star like Pierce, that team would have won a championship.

montazingmvp
02-05-2009, 03:03 AM
warriors:

starting lineup in 5 years age now
monta ellis 23
morrow 22
azubuike 24
brandon wright 21
andris biedrins 22

bench: rony turiaf(25) anthony randolph(19) bellinelli(22) cj watson(24)

Lakers09
02-05-2009, 03:45 AM
If the Blazers play their cards right i could see them be the next to three-peat

klvanzu
02-05-2009, 04:34 AM
Bulls fan here, but I'll be realistic and keep this to a minimum homer level (someone has to do it).

1. Blazers - Absolutely loaded with young talent (Roy, Aldridge, Oden, Bayless, Fernandez, Outlaw, Batum)
2. Thunder - have a potentially great big 3 - Durant will be a borderline superstar. Westbrook may become a full blown superstar. Green is an outstanding 3rd option and their first round pick will be used on a big man in this upcoming rookie class.
3. Grizzles - The talent is there but they have the farthest to go out of any team on this list in terms of putting it together. Their first round pick could easily be a PF that would round out an already outstanding group (Mayo, Gay, Gasol)
4. Bulls - have some nice contracts, assets, and some good young talent. Rose/Deng/Thomas/Noah/Gordon. Big market really helps their chances of attracting and keeping top talent.
5. Minnesota - Jefferson/Love/Foye make a pretty nice trio but the franchise isn't the greatest, market isn't the best, and they still need a number of pieces. Still a very nice young core and a team on the up and up.

Honorable mention: Sixers, Warriors, Nets, Knicks, Bobcats,

MickeyMgl
02-05-2009, 05:43 AM
In about 5 years when players like kevin durant, OJ Mayo, Derrik Rose, etc. fully adapt, which one of the young teams like the Grizzlies or the Thunder will be better in about a length of 5 years or so?

I don't know about 5 years from now, but the best future team fifty years from now will feature Singmar Gorblat, from the planet Kreplon 5, at center. He'll be eight feet tall and block shots with either of his three arms.

At the wings will be the Gloopgorp twins from Sector 7 of the Stexxon galaxy.

Running the show at point guard will be Bob Cousy's frozen head.

And at power forward, Dennis Rodman.

valade16
02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Lets see, one of the youngest teams in the league, already in the thick of the playoff hunt...

How can anyone NOT say the Blazers??!!

mtgphenom
02-05-2009, 11:31 AM
the blazers and thunder are the obvious choices but it depends on what the thunder do with green and how they continue to draft in the coming years. why hasn't anyone said anything about the nets. they already have a great front court for the future in anderson and lopez along with a great pg in harris. trade carter while his stock is high right now and they could get more picks this year.

JordansBulls
02-05-2009, 11:49 AM

Pg-Stephen Curry

Sg-LeBron James

Sf- Danillo Galinari

Pf- Wilson Chandler

C- David Lee

That team is no better than today's Cavs.

Gibby23
02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
That team is no better than today's Cavs.

It's worse.

chicagowhitesox
02-05-2009, 12:19 PM
blazers.

JNore151
02-05-2009, 12:41 PM
no love for my magic? howard is only 23 rite now.......in 5 years as long as he has solid starters we will dominate......

young_soldier
02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
no love for my magic? howard is only 23 rite now.......in 5 years as long as he has solid starters we will dominate......

in 5 years howard will be the most dominant big man in basketball, the next shaq you could say... and with the contract numbers increasing year by year, its probable to say that he could sign for 25 million a year. Who are you going to sign to play with him with the rest of the payroll?

Nets fan 93
02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Nets have a pretty bright future imo:
Harris
Douglas-Roberts
Yi
Lopez
Anderson

lakers4sho
02-07-2009, 02:34 PM
No one's mentioning the Lakers?? Not to be biased, but we also have some youngsters that can be really good in 4-5 years.

C - Bynum
F - Gasol (30ish)
F - Ariza
G - Bryant (35ish)
G - Farmar

I think the Lakers could build around Bynum, Ariza, and Farmar once Kobe and Pau's time is over...

wwwhat
02-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Who knows what'll happen but I'd put my money on the Blazers seeing as Pritchard is a genius and they have tons of young talent. I'd also say NO, as Byron Scott with Chris Paul will always be formidable.

BluejaysFan08
02-07-2009, 02:54 PM
blazers.

VCaintdead17
02-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Portland hands down. They have the potential to be a dynasty if they play their cards right.

ragee
02-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Call me a Homer but if the Sixers execute the rumor trades (Miller for Bayless etc) with all of the young improving players they have (Iggy Lou Thad Speights possibly Bayless) they could be a championship team in 5 years especially if they draft a center trade sammy and sign veterans to build around the youngsters. After this years draft theyll have even more young talent considering they are probably a lottery team

Do you really think we would give Bayless for Miller? Wishful thinking dude... The answer to this thread question will be the Blazers...

Kings Faithful
02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
By the end of the 2010 season the Kings won't be looking to shabby either...If Rubio declares and we end up using our money to get a high end player in the 2010 FA were riding high. As a starter Spencer Hawes averages 10 ppg, 8 rpg, and 2 apg and the guy is only 20.....Jason Thompson as a starter averages 12 ppg, 7 rpg and 1 apg at 22. By 2010 they will both be much better as well. Kevin Martin is still a year or two out of his prime but at 26 he is still one of the most efficient players in the league. Add on our 2009 Top 5 pick (Rubio, Griffin?) and a 2010 FA star and I think we could give the Blazers a run for their money.

ragee
02-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Couldn't agree more and I am not being a biased Cavs fan. Pierce is going on 32, Garnett is going on 33 and Allen is going on 34. Don't be surprised in the summer of 2010 if the Celtics do not have any of those 3 players. Yea Boston won a championship last year but it certainly was not because of Doc Rivers coaching. Rivers was on the verge of being canned if the Celtics did not make the playoffs last season before they got Garnett and Allen. I'm 99% sure that if Garnett and Allen went to any team that had an All Star like Pierce, that team would have won a championship.

Very true... I know we guys have not been on the same page most of the time coz it is usually Magic vs Cavs! LOL... The Cavs and the Magic are the teams to beat in the east... With the rate the Cavs are going, I think will think twice on leaving them... That would be so funny! After all the Knicks did, they won't get Lebron! Hahahahaha...

magichatnumber9
02-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Blazers I think will be very good.....Roy, Oden, and Aldridge. I agree, but my boy Miles set them back pretty good.

ragee
02-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Your right they are not going to be able to hold onto all that talent. I can see Oden pulling a Shaq from his Magic days. If I could only keep 2 of 3 out of Roy, Aldridge, and Oden I would pick Roy and Aldridge. Roy is great on the offensive side of the ball and Oden is great on the defensive side of the ball, but Aldridge is developing his ENTIRE game and he is a going to be a beast in a year or two. I'm predicting that the Blazers will make it to the West. Conf. Finals within the next 2 seasons.

I don't think Oden will be pulling anything that Shaq did... He is not like Shaq in terms of personality... I do think the Blazers will be able to keep their big three... We already have Webster locked in... I think we can keep Batum... The players we may have a problem keeping will be among Bayless, Rudy and Outlaw... I think we might have to let two of them go... I like Rudy and Outlaw so much so I'd rather keep both of them if there is a way and trade Bayless coz I am still hoping Koponen will be able to pull through...

ragee
02-07-2009, 04:16 PM
It isn't the best but:

Kevin Martin
Spencer Hawes
Jason Thompson
Donte Greene
Francisco Garcia

Plus two 1st round picks this year (potentially the top pick being one of them).

That's a lot of talent. Give it a few years.

Get Rubio and you guys will be contenders...LOL

ragee
02-07-2009, 04:18 PM
I agree, but my boy Miles set them back pretty good.

Hahahaha... Yeah... That stupid F_ _ K! But that just set us back by a very small margin... We still have Raef's and Francis (if it hasn't expired yet) expiring contract...

MJ-BULLS
02-07-2009, 04:20 PM
the blazers thunder memphis and bulls

HOZ THE KNICK
02-07-2009, 04:23 PM
the knicks!

young_soldier
02-07-2009, 08:59 PM
No one's mentioning the Lakers?? Not to be biased, but we also have some youngsters that can be really good in 4-5 years.

C - Bynum
F - Gasol (30ish)
F - Ariza
G - Bryant (35ish)
G - Farmar

I think the Lakers could build around Bynum, Ariza, and Farmar once Kobe and Pau's time is over...

Do you think at 35 kobe will still be the best player in the nba? Not only that, but will he still be an all star?

Bynum, barring his amazingly high number of freak injuries may progress to be an all star in the future because we have all seen the potential from him..the question is can he keep it up?

Gasol is definitly a solid player, but is the the man to lead the franchise?

Having Farmar as your starting point guard really speaks for itself.

Trevor Ariza...is having huge hops going to get you to the playoffs?

I say that in the future, the team's main offence is still Kobe Bryant, he is just too good to be denied. They are contenders for the championships now, and they will be for a good number of years, but when its all said and done, I think they will have to rebuild for one or two years to try and find, as hard as it may be, their next "Kobe"

JAZZNC
02-07-2009, 09:05 PM
:laugh:Aren't Scola and Yao like 27-28 years old? They will be like mid-30's in 5 years, how are they young!? My answer is the Blazers with the Bulls in 2nd, and I am not being a homer. Look at the Bulls young talent:

Rose(20)
Gordon(25)/Sefolosha(23)
Deng(23)
Tyrus(22)
Noah(22)/Gray(22)

If Tyrus keeps improving like he has this season, in about 2 years he could be an All-Star, and if you don't believe watch some more Bulls games. Rose will be 1 of the top 3 point guards in the league. Since Janurary, Deng has been averaging 18/10 and Noah has been averaging 8/11/2. If the Bulls could get someone like Bosh/Amare to put at C and put Noah on the bench, you could out them up their with the Blazers in terms of being the best team in a few years

Gordon, Deng, Tyrus, and Noah are nothing special at all. I also don't think that Rose is this incredible perennial All-Star that everybody(read Bulls Fans) think he is. They have absolutely no post play or defense and really no defense from anybody so they're going to have to do a lot of improving or get a lot of players from other teams to be any good.

cmstophe
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Pg-Stephen Curry

Sg-LeBron James

Sf- Danillo Galinari

Pf- Wilson Chandler

C- David Lee

I think he means teams that will actually have said players, not teams that just dream of taking other peoples' superstars who have no reason to leave their current teams.

cmstophe
02-07-2009, 09:17 PM

Chris Broussard reported that Bosh wants to play with LeBron wherever he is. We already know the Cavs have interest in Bosh, and even that the two have talked about pairing in Cleveland. If that happens, the clear answer to the OP is Cleveland.

WSUJJ
02-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Are you kiddin me... T-wolves by FAR

quiksilver2491
02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Are you kiddin me... T-wolves by FAR

You (http://mooreslore.corante.com/archives/images/homer%20simpson.gif)

goku
02-08-2009, 12:08 AM
t-wolves

BullsNumber1Fan
02-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Gordon, Deng, Tyrus, and Noah are nothing special at all. I also don't think that Rose is this incredible perennial All-Star that everybody(read Bulls Fans) think he is. They have absolutely no post play or defense and really no defense from anybody so they're going to have to do a lot of improving or get a lot of players from other teams to be any good.

Ok lets see how this team has improved since the month of January:

Luol Deng - 18 ppg/9 rpg
Tyrus Thomas - 12 ppg/7 rpg/2.5 bpg 5 Double-Doubles Last 7 Games
Joakim Noah - 8 ppg/10 rpg/ 2 bpg

They are all 23 years old and under and improving vastly as of late and are playing VERY good basketball as of late. We beat the Suns, Hornets and ALMOST beat the Rockets, Mavs in the past 2 weeks all on the ROAD!!! And if they weren't anything special, how come a package of Tyrus, Gooden, Hinrich, 1st Round Pick could possibly net Amar'e? That's what all of these articles are saying.

hotpotato1092
02-08-2009, 01:43 AM
blazers

JJ81
02-08-2009, 01:55 AM
grizzlies.

Bigbadmoffo
02-08-2009, 02:09 AM
I say the raps have a good chance considering there terrible season. Let's say they get a top 5 pick.
Bargnani as a starter 20ppg 6rpg and his defense is becoming impressive.
Bosh 22ppg 10rpg
Calderon leading in assist turnover, top 5 in pg sh% top 5 in assist and number one in free throw percentage.
You figure if they can dump oneal and free up atleast 17 to 20mil they can sign a good 2 or 3 man. I mean if they could get a guy like harden in the draft that would be an impressive 5.

SouljahPhil...
02-08-2009, 02:20 AM
Portland or Grizzlies...

Mayo is one of my favourite players..

michaelbt18
02-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Portland or Grizzlies...

Mayo is one of my favourite players..

Grizzlies have a great chance if they can get mayo and gay to stay. The kings also have a lot of young talent I think. The problem is they want their young team to win now and it wont work. Jason Thompson and Spencer Haws are going to be great big men and Kevin Martin is already good.
I dont know why everyone is arguing about if the blazers will be good, I think they already are good and they just need to make what they already have better.
The knicks seam like they are hanging their nuts on the line for lebron and looks pretty happy in cleveland to me.

Torque
02-08-2009, 03:58 AM
I say Thunder. Kevin Durant has turned into a top SF, Jeff Green is vastly improving, and Russel Westbrook has a bright future in the NBA.

Kevin Durant opened the door for rookie Russell Westbrook's recent onrush. Because of his reputation as a much-heralded scorer, teams extemporize their attention to Durant allowing Westbrook, Earl Watson, Jeff Green to flourish. Last 7 games, Westbrook has averaged 21 points per game and 5 assist per game.

OKC will probably end up with a top 5 pick in this years draft, that gives them another young player with potential.

Their future is very bright.

JaZzyJaTT
02-08-2009, 03:58 AM
The WARRIORS! They have a lot of young depth right now, and will only get better.....IF Nellie decides to play them and let them develop!

valade16
02-08-2009, 06:20 AM
It's funny how Portland is the second youngest team in the league, is already winning, and has all their core players still developing, yet you say teams like the T-Wolves (outside of Al Jefferson, nothin), Thunder (good future, but no bigs), Warriors (somebody play defense), Kings (already getting raped by other teams), and the Raps (watch Bosh leave!), are better....

It's funny because last year when us Blazer fans were saying the Blazers will be really good everyone else was saying "you haven't won anything yet, so shut up" yet now everyone else is doing the same thing...

Sportfan
02-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I think Portland is the best future team

Sportfan
02-08-2009, 09:00 AM
It's funny how Portland is the second youngest team in the league, is already winning, and has all their core players still developing, yet you say teams like the T-Wolves (outside of Al Jefferson, nothin), Thunder (good future, but no bigs), Warriors (somebody play defense), Kings (already getting raped by other teams), and the Raps (watch Bosh leave!), are better....

It's funny because last year when us Blazer fans were saying the Blazers will be really good everyone else was saying "you haven't won anything yet, so shut up" yet now everyone else is doing the same thing...

Foye? Love?

eugene
02-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Blazers and Bulls... That's for sure :)

Ollie Tabooger
02-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Your team won't get Stephen Curry unless they lose the rest of their games this season. He is going to be a top 5 pick.

:laugh: top 5 pick. theres no way he's gonna be in the top 5, and plus the guy wont do anything in the nba

JAZZNC
02-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Ok lets see how this team has improved since the month of January:

Luol Deng - 18 ppg/9 rpg
Tyrus Thomas - 12 ppg/7 rpg/2.5 bpg 5 Double-Doubles Last 7 Games
Joakim Noah - 8 ppg/10 rpg/ 2 bpg

They are all 23 years old and under and improving vastly as of late and are playing VERY good basketball as of late. We beat the Suns, Hornets and ALMOST beat the Rockets, Mavs in the past 2 weeks all on the ROAD!!! And if they weren't anything special, how come a package of Tyrus, Gooden, Hinrich, 1st Round Pick could possibly net Amar'e? That's what all of these articles are saying.

Wow!!!! They've been playing good for almost a whole month....man that is just incredible. Here I am thinking that being a good player means playing well for an entire season, but little did I know all you have to do is play kinda well for almost 4 weeks. Sorry, my mistake.

And about the Amare thing, they just want to unload the guy if they can. They're going to take whatever package is best and it won't be the Bulls. Remember KG?

Rocco007
02-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Without a doubt....Portland..

leftymo
02-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Portland is definitely...

I think most are sleeping on another team that's the best team right now.

In five years Bynum still won't be in his prime, neither will Farmar.. Pau will be 32..

I doubt Morrisson will ever develop but Ariza will be in his prime.. Kobe will be 35 (which is old, but i'm sure he'll still have ability).

The Lakers are a pretty young team overall. (and the recent trade just made them younger)

Giants-49ers-Ws
02-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Ellis/_-Draft
Belinelli/Morrow
Jackson/Azubuike
Wright/Randolph
Biedrins/Turiaf

WARRIORS---as long as management doesn't **** us up

basketfan4life
02-10-2009, 12:02 AM
i'm sure the lakers will be that caliber of team 5 years later..imagine that only bynum will play and kobe,gasol,odom all retired(which wont happen)i am sure that organization will find a way to be a contender.look waht the did in the past?

-traded some average player and got kareem
-traded divac and got kobe
-they were the last champions and they still got the 1st pick and got magic..

you have to believe tehey will find a way...i have a lot of respect to that successfull organization..

Deezy Dee 24
02-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Grizzlies duhh we already have two superstars OJ and Rudy and we're building our other guys like Marc Gasol and Mike conley whos playin like a beast

A-Fraud
02-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Blazers are young and already good.

C-Oden
PF-Aldridge
SF-Fernandez
SG-Roy
PG-Bayless

These guys are already all-stars or potential future allstars

GSW fan
02-10-2009, 12:24 AM

Pg-Stephen Curry

Sg-LeBron James

Sf- Danillo Galinari

Pf- Wilson Chandler

C- David Lee

LeBron is 6-8 250

Wilson Chandler is 6-8 220

David Lee is 6-9 240

Danilo Gallinari is 6-10 225

LeBron would play center....not sg

Mr.Grizzly
02-10-2009, 12:27 AM
the grizzlies of course.. We'll be in the playoffs next year.

GSW fan
02-10-2009, 12:28 AM
btw

Wolves are gonna be there with one of the most dominant centers in the league

BullsNumber1Fan
02-10-2009, 12:43 AM
btw

Wolves are gonna be there with one of the most dominant centers in the league

Not anymore, he is out for the rest of the season with an ACL tear. It really sucks for them because they were really playing well lately.

tdunk21
02-10-2009, 12:49 AM

Pg-Stephen Curry

Sg-LeBron James

Sf- Danillo Galinari

Pf- Wilson Chandler

C- David Lee

dumb@ss...lebron is not a SG....he is a SF....and there is no way he is comin to stupid knicks......he will resign with cavs.......

jnb58
02-10-2009, 01:01 AM
The Blazers are my favorite team but I think OKC will be scary. That team is built to do everything (if they can get a good defensive big.) OKC already is a top perimeter defense.
I don't think they will be able to keep their players for 5 years but if they do. WOW!

Roy31
02-10-2009, 04:11 AM
Chicago- Derrick Rose
Oklahoma- Kevin Durant

valade16
02-10-2009, 04:56 AM
Foye? Love?

Oden, Outlaw, Webster, Fernandez, Rodriguez, Bayless > Foye, Love

And that is discluding Aldridge and Roy (who I've generously cancelled out with Jefferson)...