PDA

View Full Version : just once i would like to see......

robcat
02-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I would like to see Bosh try and block someone especially a superstar player like Lebron.

robcat
02-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Like Lebron did to him.

blujaysrock
02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Bosh don't seem like he wants to play good defense this year, well none of them play defense they just stand around doing nothign pretty much. ANd lebrons block was pretty sick

Frank Costanza
02-04-2009, 09:49 AM
just once i would like to see in chris bosh no fear when playing an elite team, something we saw in small but evident flashes 2 yrs ago in the second half of the 47 win division winning season where we went on the road and beat above .500 playoff teams and chris was the best player

Rapthug
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
I agree with everyone here. If Bosh wants to be an elite player and be "the guy" he has to be a force on defensive and not settle for jump shots. He is capable of being a very good defender but he just doesn't seem to put the effort into it. At least JO, will challenge anybody....I really like that about him....his mindset in on D just as much as it is on O.

And look at Lebron in the 4th.....no jump shots for him....he attacked everytime while Bosh and the Raps took jump shots.

They always put up the stat of the leaders free throw attempts per game. At the start of the season Bosh was like top 3 or something.....he has fallen back every month since.

Bosh does a lot of good things and I don't want to totally rip the guy but if he wants to be "the guy" he has to pick up his game on D and be a force and not a spectator and be agressive taking the ball to the hoop. He is waiting too long to make his move. Just get the ball and go before the double team comes.

robcat
02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I dont know what it is maybe he scared he is going to get posterized. Oneal gets dunked on alot but he blocks or changes the shot more then he gets dunked on

deaner
02-04-2009, 10:46 AM
I think bosh is trying to save his knee until the games matter to him.

Rapthug
02-04-2009, 10:55 AM
I think bosh is trying to save his knee until the games matter to him.

You maybe right....he seems to have it on cruise control right now.

Big Game Son
02-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Bosh is a great 1 on 1 player. He lacks the athleticism to play centers and he doesn't have the hops, strength to block tons of shots. Bosh is a great player, but you have to look at skill set and see that there is a need for someone to compliment those skills. Bosh needs a beast with him. JO didn't work because JO like jumpers too much too. Bynum and Bosh would be great. Bargnani is turning into a beast too (10 boards last night) so we'll see the growth there.

Bosh is a very smart smooth player though and is capable of opening up the game for tons of guys. I love Bosh he just needs a beast with him.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2009, 02:46 PM
I would like to see Bosh try and block someone especially a superstar player like Lebron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egWph36XkYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7DiiqaEaP8

Do you need more examples?

td0tsfinest
02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egWph36XkYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7DiiqaEaP8

Do you need more examples?

i think what they mean is blocking on dunks rather than layups.

You definitely see that with Bosh, he takes a step to the left at times instead of going for the block in a dunk attempt.

JO is fearless, he goes in despite the chance of being on a poster. You may see that once in awhile with Bosh but he needs to get up there more.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2009, 02:57 PM
i think what they mean is blocking on dunks rather than layups.

You definitely see that with Bosh, he takes a step to the left at times instead of going for the block in a dunk attempt.

JO is fearless, he goes in despite the chance of being on a poster. You may see that once in awhile with Bosh but he needs to get up there more.

I don't know man... trying to block dunks are NOT easy and on top of it, if you attempt to then you are asking for a foul. I don't blame Bosh for not attempting to stop those.

marvILLous
02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
agreed. i'm tired of watching him just put up his hands as the other player gets an easy dunk.

The_905
02-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I am so fed up with him ALWAYS settling for is 14-18 foot jumper.. just because its going down around 50% of the time doesn't mean you have to keep shooting it.. He tends to become one dimensional offensively when he settles, making it really easy to defend him..
I would have loved to have seen him last night in the fourth when the game was actually close coming in for a big block on Lebron, it would have really changed the complexion of the last 5 min or so..

hades
02-04-2009, 03:22 PM
just once id like to find out who is our real franchise player. sorry. i dont see it in bosh...he aint our batman right? he's a robin.

nads83
02-04-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't know man... trying to block dunks are NOT easy and on top of it, if you attempt to then you are asking for a foul. I don't blame Bosh for not attempting to stop those.

are you serious bob? ofcourse its not easy, but you do it because your team depends on you to do so. then why ask players to take charges? those must hurt like ****. why ask a player to dive for a loose ball? scrapes suck. why ask gaurds to drive to the rim? colliding into 7footers is no fun

The_905
02-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Totally agree with you hades.

Never have I wanted bosh with the ball and last shot. When he has had the chance he looks awkward and lost then just rushes something and either loses the ball and looks for a foul or takes a stupid jumper..

Bargnani with some more time learning his game and his confidence up can make that big three or pull up jumper i feel, that can make you the franchise guy..

future could be bargnani # 1 option and bosh #2

Could be a pretty sick 1 2 punch IMO

hades
02-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Totally agree with you hades.

Never have I wanted bosh with the ball and last shot. When he has had the chance he looks awkward and lost then just rushes something and either loses the ball and looks for a foul or takes a stupid jumper..

Bargnani with some more time learning his game and his confidence up can make that big three or pull up jumper i feel, that can make you the franchise guy..

future could be bargnani # 1 option and bosh #2

Could be a pretty sick 1 2 punch IMO

id like to think we have a shot at joe johnson when he gets of his hawks contract.. that would be nice.

td0tsfinest
02-04-2009, 04:12 PM

I agree with, blocking dunks are the hardest things. Getting your star player in foul trouble can hurt the team, but if your down by 20 points, you got to do whatever to stop the bleeding. Seeing Lebron block Bosh on what could've been a vicious dunk made me realize Bosh doesn't get up as much as either guys do.

td0tsfinest
02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
id like to think we have a shot at joe johnson when he gets of his hawks contract.. that would be nice.

keep dreaming man. As much as I do want Joe Johnson, the chance of getting him isn't high. There are about 10 other teams in the league clearing cap space for Lebron and if they can't get him (or wade, amare, bosh) than Joe Johnson is probably that 5th choice.

The_905
02-04-2009, 04:33 PM

Hey and that would most likely guarantee a bosh re-signing..

a three headed monster of Bargnani, Bosh and Joey J to go along with another solid defender (should be two but calderon is too valuable on the offensive side of the ball) would be a scary lineup IMO..

Is Bruce Bowen washed up you think for one more season?

More shats!
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Bosh is afraid to get dunk on.Every year he attemps to block shats less and less.I think he is afraid to get hurt and he dosent want to get in foul trouble also.A guy with his size shoud average atleast more than 1 block a game and he gets 0.9!that is horrible for a guy like Bosh.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
are you serious bob? ofcourse its not easy, but you do it because your team depends on you to do so. then why ask players to take charges? those must hurt like ****.

Taking charges are easy compared to blocking dunks. To take a charge you stand there and try not to move, to block a dunk you need timing. I will admit both plays can get a foul called on you no doubt about that. But the degree of difficulty between them is big. Also when you try to take a charge, even when you fail, usually the offensive player does NOT score. You mis-time blocking a dunk, you are most likely giving them the basket and a foul shot.

Also, I want you to think about it, how many starters are known for blocking dunks? Let me know.

why ask a player to dive for a loose ball? scrapes suck. why ask gaurds to drive to the rim? colliding into 7footers is no fun
I am not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
just once id like to find out who is our real franchise player. sorry. i dont see it in bosh...he aint our batman right? he's a robin.

I have said it before, if he is a Robin, then I hate to see who is Batman.

aram2255
02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Seeing Lebron block Bosh on what could've been a vicious dunk made me realize Bosh doesn't get up as much as either guys do.

Exactly, Bosh doesn't jump as high anymore. Which is kind of odd for a guy who is only 24 years old. And when you don't jump as high you have to adjust by getting to your defensive spots quicker, always boxing out and playing smart D. And Bosh's blocks in the past have always come as a help defender from the weak side and not 1 on 1 like JO. So if his blocks are down it means his effort is down.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Exactly, Bosh doesn't jump as high anymore. Which is kind of odd for a guy who is only 24 years old. And when you don't jump as high you have to adjust by getting to your defensive spots quicker, always boxing out and playing smart D. And Bosh's blocks in the past have always come as a help defender from the weak side and not 1 on 1 like JO. So if his blocks are down it means his effort is down.

I thought his 1-on-1 blocks were down because he is finally playing PF more and defends people further away from the basket.

Dol-Fan
02-04-2009, 05:43 PM

He does tend to step out of the way on dunk attempts. I would think that it would be preferable to commit a foul rather than letting the crowd get in/out of it with a huge dunk,

The Wise 1
02-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Its not just dunks when he steps out of the way, theres plenty of times a game where a guy takes a little floater in the lane or goes in for a layup and all Bosh does is have his hands up. He does nothing to protect the paint. Boob might be able to defend the dunk situations but I think he would admit to Bosh being piss poor at altering shots and clogging the paint.

DaoudS
02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
i'd like to see double E **** on a girl who isn't obese....but sadly the world doesn't go the way we want it.

Bob_at_york
02-04-2009, 08:26 PM
just saw him change Kobe's shot. Let's try watching tonight's game and see if you guys are right

Bob_at_york
02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Moon jumps out of bounds on an Ariza pump-fake. Ariza starts driving to the net. Bosh tries to draw the charge then changes his mind and tries jumping a little bit to stop the dunk and gets called for a foul. Is that what you wanted?

ink
02-04-2009, 09:17 PM

Moon jumps out of bounds on an Ariza pump-fake. Ariza starts driving to the net. Bosh tries to draw the charge then changes his mind and tries jumping a little bit to stop the dunk and gets called for a foul. Is that what you wanted?

Great example.

Dol-Fan
02-04-2009, 10:33 PM

That's called indecisiveness and it will get you nowhere. He needs to go up and block shots with intensity. He did it well in high school and in college and theres no reason he shouldn't do the same now.

RaptorsFanatic
02-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Just once I would like to see the Raptors win 4 games in a row...

Bob_at_york
02-05-2009, 12:57 AM
That's called indecisiveness and it will get you nowhere. He needs to go up and block shots with intensity. He did it well in high school and in college and theres no reason he shouldn't do the same now.

True it is in-decisiveness but it just goes to show that leaving your feet doesn't always work, there is less margin of error.

robcat
02-05-2009, 02:13 AM
All I want is to see a little passion if its close in the forth quarter and if hes not in foul trouble which rarley happens try to inject some life into your team. If he sees Labron coming in for a dunk jump in front of him take a flagrant who cares maybe it will fire up the rest of the team. If your best player is running into a freight train everyone else has to. If your best player is moving out of the way what is that telling the rest of the team. Hes telling them o well another loss its OK lets see if we can take threes and get lucky. If he wants to be the best player he has to do what ever it takes to make his team win. Think of the confidence the cavs players have when you see your best player block the other teams best player then run down and dunk over the hole team. They feel unbeatable. Loosing is not an option for them.

robcat
02-05-2009, 02:15 AM
im sick of his cheap star player rebounds and his 1 help side block against the other teams backup point guard once every two games.

Bob_at_york
02-05-2009, 11:00 AM
All I want is to see a little passion if its close in the forth quarter and if hes not in foul trouble which rarley happens try to inject some life into your team. If he sees Labron coming in for a dunk jump in front of him take a flagrant who cares maybe it will fire up the rest of the team. If your best player is running into a freight train everyone else has to. If your best player is moving out of the way what is that telling the rest of the team. Hes telling them o well another loss its OK lets see if we can take threes and get lucky. If he wants to be the best player he has to do what ever it takes to make his team win. Think of the confidence the cavs players have when you see your best player block the other teams best player then run down and dunk over the hole team. They feel unbeatable. Loosing is not an option for them.

so you want to see more passion. I agree, that would be good. Not sure if I want flagrants from my star player but I can understand that sentiment.

At the same time you have to understand that Lebron is known for blocking dunkers and such. Much like Prince and maybe Wade (I know he is getting a lot of blocks). I can't think of any other wings right now that are known to be such good shot blockers. It is different when you are coming from nowhere to block a shot compared to standing under the basket and trying to block a shot.

mpickup
02-05-2009, 11:35 AM
The Chris Bosh from the Olympic team has NOT shown up in a Raptors uniform this year!

ink
02-05-2009, 11:44 AM
The Chris Bosh from the Olympic team has NOT shown up in a Raptors uniform this year!

Neither has the Olympic team around him. ;)

Kreza23
02-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Bob - I completely agree with you. I don't think that Bosh is afraid of getting posterized. He's trying to stay in the game by not getting into foul trouble. I think we all would love it if he blocked a couple of shots a game, but the risk is high. If he's out of the game, our chances of winning are slim (although you could say that we're so bad right now that it doesn't really matter). What he does do though, is he challenges shots by going straight up and extending and arm without swatting for the ball, which I would say is what he should be doing.

Big Game Son
02-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Bob - I completely agree with you. I don't think that Bosh is afraid of getting posterized. He's trying to stay in the game by not getting into foul trouble. I think we all would love it if he blocked a couple of shots a game, but the risk is high. If he's out of the game, our chances of winning are slim (although you could say that we're so bad right now that it doesn't really matter). What he does do though, is he challenges shots by going straight up and extending and arm without swatting for the ball, which I would say is what he should be doing.

This to me this says - Chris Bosh has no confidence in the TEAM.

I love Bosh but his game is becoming lax. He only jumpshoots lately, lacks the strength to guard bigger players. However, Bosh has a great basketball mind and is committed to success. I want to see him continue to grow as our 'spirit' leader, we just need someone else that can consistently allow him to work his outstanding one on one skills offensively. He isnt athletic enough to deal with the double teams and have to create plays every time up the court. Its hard to do this night in and night out.