PDA

View Full Version : Sidney vs. Ovechkin? how about Sidney vs. Geno??

J13Cox8
02-04-2009, 12:16 AM
since sidney's time in the nhl, the age old question has been "what if he had a real winger?" lets think about this. i agree sidney has done alot with very little on the front line. which brought about the question, whom is better...crosby or ovechkin?

NOW...with the skills of Evgeni blossoming, maybe we need to ask the question, whom is better, crosby or malkin? what im trying to ask in this thread has nothing to do with ovechkin, im just throwing that question in because its the main debate of player skill in the NHL. but this is about sidney and geno.

Sidney has done ALOT with not very much on his front line, and we always complain he doesnt have a winger. but lets be honest, who does evgeni have on HIS line (when he anchors the 2nd line without crosby) granted he has had malone in front of the net, but look what bugsy is doing without evgeni...and yes he has sykora, but other than him i cant see anyone capable of being a front liner.

in closing, im trying to figure out the consensus of pens fans. sidney and evgeni both need wingers. true? and why not develop staal for a front line winger for sidney, beings malkin has sykora.

personally, i think evgeni has grown to be the better all around player. sidney's previous years posted him as the top player in the nhl, but evgeni is the better player NOW.

thoughts?

ShaunRiching9
02-04-2009, 08:39 AM
i agree with most of that

nstachowski
02-13-2009, 07:46 AM
I think that sounds pretty good