PDA

View Full Version : Is Devin harris a top five PG in the East

I Stole Home
02-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Me and a friend were having an arguement (my friend is a net fan) and he said the Harris is in the top 3 but i said no what do you guys think.My list is like this

In no patictular order
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose
Allen iverson(he is Pg and Sg) /Rajon Rondo/Mo Williams
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon

Ragun
02-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Me and a friend were having an arguement (my friend is a net fan) and he said the Harris is in the top 3 but i said no what do you guys think.My list is like this

1:Chauncey Billups
2:Rajon Rondo
3:Jameer Nelson
4:Jose Calderon
5:Gilbert Arenas(when he is playing)/Mo Williams

1. billups is not in the east.
2. yes

Raps08-09 Champ
02-03-2009, 10:29 PM
No AI or Rose on your list

I Stole Home
02-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh dude ur right i meant AI not Billups srry
Rose in my mind is like tie 5 or 6

lakers4sho
02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't think AI and Arenas are PGs :shrug:

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
wat? rose is way better than rondo

TheChosenOne88
02-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes

My Top 5 (not in order): Devin Harris, Mo Williams, Jameer Nelson, Mike Bibby, Rajon Rondo. Arenas is injured and Iverson is not a pure PG

Raps08-09 Champ
02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't think AI and Arenas are PGs :shrug:

they play pg so theyre pg i guess even if they act like sg

I Stole Home
02-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Yes

My Top 5 (not in order): Devin Harris, Mo Williams, Jameer Nelson, Mike Bibby, Rajon Rondo. Arenas is injured and Iverson is not a pure PG

Wheres Rose? Bibby :laugh:

Crustyboy
02-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Harris has played like a bum since he came off that ankle sprain...fkn my fantasy teams field goal % in the process.

I say no.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2009, 10:44 PM
id take rose over any PG in the eastyern confrence

JIDsanity
02-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes, Who else? He's def top 5 if not top 3. Better than AI right now, Gilbert is injured, so he doesn't count, Rose isn't there yet. Calderon is right there with Harris.

Mets4Life101
02-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Yes he is a top 5. AI is moslty a shooting guard now, and Arenas? whens the last time he played

DirtyThirty
02-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Arenas is hurt and i dont look at AI as a point guard

1. Mo Williams
2. Devin Harris
3. Jameer Nelson
4. Calderon
5. Ford/Rose

nitric
02-03-2009, 10:52 PM
easily

ragee
02-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Yes

I think this is the top 5... But its Harris, Nelson, Williams, Bibby, Rondo... :D

Raps08-09 Champ
02-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Arenas is hurt and i dont look at AI as a point guard

1. Mo Williams
2. Devin Harris
3. Jameer Nelson
4. Calderon
5. Ford/Rose

Ford over Rondo

I hate Rondo but Ford is only a little better at shooting and cant defend as good.

I think rondo should atleast be 5th with rose on that list

JIDsanity
02-03-2009, 10:55 PM

Bibby is actually really good this season, so this comment kills your credibility. Not sure if you even watch basketball. Your friend is right

TheChosenOne88
02-03-2009, 10:58 PM

Rose is a great talent, but he hasn't been "AMAZING" for the bulls. Is he closing games? Bibby's stats are almost the exact same as Rose's so I hope your not trying to argue that point. Sometimes the importance of a role player is better than a guy that can score. Mike Bibby has been a great complement to Joe Johnson and the Hawks, something they didn't have for a few seasons with their young roster. I can argue the same thing with O.J. Mayo. Mayo and Rose are great talents that will continue to develop and will be All Stars in due time, but they haven't had the effect yet that is needed from them, but what can you expect they are rookies.

YankeeFan89
02-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Devin is def. a top 5 PG

jmastert
02-03-2009, 11:15 PM
devin harris, jameer nelson, Rajon Rondo, Mo Williams, Gilbert Arenas

jmastert
02-03-2009, 11:15 PM
easily a top 5 probably the best point guard in the east

aman_13
02-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Calderon is definetely a top 5 point gaurd in the east.

Lakers4ItAll
02-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Mo Rose Harris Nelson n Bibbly in no particular order

Raps08-09 Champ
02-03-2009, 11:58 PM
When everyone is healthy(I didnt put combo guards) and in no order

Harris proved he can be all-star material
Calderon in my opinion can be close to Nash(good passer, good overall shooter)
Bibby was a star and can still play like one but injuries set him back
Williams can also be all-star material and has stepped up alot
Nelson is same with Williams

These guys I didn't put because

Rose will be great but those other guys can put up close or better numbers when they are healthy(seeing as how 3-4 have been injured or are already alot this season)

IMO Rondo is overrated by some because he won a title. He was pretty much a passer for the big 3. And IMO only reason he scores in double digits is because the other people are too busy worrying about the big 3. He is good but the other guys would put better stats.

Lakers4ItAll
02-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Ok I watch as many games as I can and I watch ESPN non stop and I have never heard of anyone talking about Calderon. The only place I see or hear things about him is on this site. So that leads me to believe either he isn't all that good or just because he is in Canada he is going unnoticed.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Ok I watch as many games as I can and I watch ESPN non stop and I have never heard of anyone talking about Calderon. The only place I see or hear things about him is on this site. So that leads me to believe either he isn't all that good or just because he is in Canada he is going unnoticed.

Well do you hear about Toronto in total?

And he is pretty solid. about 13-14ppg and 8+apg

and he doesn't do alot of turnovers. Plus He is a very good shooter. And he got 87 free throws in a row

TheChosenOne88
02-04-2009, 12:09 AM

He got the attention last season that Jameer Nelson was getting this season. He was supposed to be an All Star this season according to what ESPN was saying over the summer when he signed a big deal with Toronto. I don't know much about him so I can't comment on the type of player he is.

BKNets
02-04-2009, 12:34 AM

In no patictular order
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon

Looks like your friend was right, not only factually, but based on popular opinion, as well. Allen Iverson is not a point guard, regardless of what position he may play. His games since coming to Detroit and Billups' play in Denver only make that glaring fact that much more obvious. Calderon isn't top 5 either, or Toronto wouldn't be wishing they hadn't got rid of T.J. right now. Arenas is, when he's healthy, but since he's not, he shouldn't be on the list. That leaves Nelson, Mo, Rondo, Devin, and I say the 5th spot's up for grabs between Rose, Ford, and Bibby, although I'm not sold on D. Rose as a top 5 as of now. As a matter of fact, I'm going with the dude who put Bibby over Rose. So in summation, yes, he is.

JJ81
02-04-2009, 06:07 AM
No order:

Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Mo Williams
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
and Devin Harris

I'd say Harris was in the 5.

BKNets
02-04-2009, 02:51 PM
No order:

Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Mo Williams
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
and Devin Harris

I'd say Harris was in the 5.

:confused: 6?

DirtyThirty
02-04-2009, 03:25 PM
rando is terrible. so over rated. put TJ Ford on the Celtics and Rondo on the Pacers. Celtics wouldnt lose a game and Pacers would be worse than they already are. People overlook Ford because of the team he playes for.

BKNets
02-04-2009, 07:39 PM
rando is terrible. so over rated. put TJ Ford on the Celtics and Rondo on the Pacers. Celtics wouldnt lose a game and Pacers would be worse than they already are. People overlook Ford because of the team he playes for.

I don't know that it's logical to call a championship winner terrible. He has an ostensible effect on the Celts, and I think the fact that he plays with the likes of Allen, Pierce, and Garnett and still puts up somewhere around 10 and 6 a night says something. He's been noted for his defense, as well. Obviously he has short comings (his jumper needs some work,) but I think calling him overrated (or at least terrible) is a mistake.

Nets fan 93
02-04-2009, 08:10 PM

In no patictular order
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
Aight.
When was the last time Gilbert touched the court? :laugh2:
Calderon is a very good PG...But I still think Devin is better... and appearantly the coaches agree too... Devin has been out playing Iverson thus far...
Harris is deffinently top 3... maybe even # 1...

MagicBucsSox
02-04-2009, 08:29 PM
its funny how all a sudden mo willaims has a fan base as if he's new to the league, best pg in the east is devin harris until arenas gets healthy
1a, arenas
1b.harris
3.miller people sleep on andre but he is the true definition of a pg
4 nelson
5.mo

SaimoNETS
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
1.Devin Harris
2.Mo Williams
3.Derrick Rose/Jameer Nelson
4.Mike Bibby
5.Rajon Rondo

illiguy85
02-04-2009, 08:57 PM
1. Devin Harris
2. Mo Williams
3. Derrick Rose
4. Jameer Nelson
5. Mike Bibby/Jose Calderon
6. Rajon Rondo

Gilbert Arenas is made of glass. He should not be considered top 5 anymore.

Nets fan 93
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
1. Devin Harris
2. Mo Williams
3. Derrick Rose
4. Jameer Nelson
5. Mike Bibby/Jose Calderon
6. Rajon Rondo

Gilbert Arenas is made of glass. He should not be considered top 5 anymore.

Devin>Jose>Rondo and Nelson IMO...

MagicBucsSox
02-04-2009, 09:26 PM
how is andre miller not on no one but my list and him and rondo only true pg's of notable east teams, like someone actually ranked mike bibby lol

Nets fan 93
02-04-2009, 09:34 PM
how is andre miller not on no one but my list and him and rondo only true pg's of notable east teams, like someone actually ranked mike bibby lol
Calderon is a true PG too... why does everyone forget him?

astrosmaniac
02-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't know that it's logical to call a championship winner terrible. He has an ostensible effect on the Celts, and I think the fact that he plays with the likes of Allen, Pierce, and Garnett and still puts up somewhere around 10 and 6 a night says something. He's been noted for his defense, as well. Obviously he has short comings (his jumper needs some work,) but I think calling him overrated (or at least terrible) is a mistake.

i agree that calling him terrible is going too far but he is definitely overrated. celtics fans on this site treat him like hes the best PG in the east (if not all of the nba)

personally, i say an argument could be made for him to be the 3rd best PG in the game behind paul and d-will. im sure glad cuban is an idiot and got him out of our division. :)

BKNets
02-04-2009, 09:35 PM

I'm actually with you on that. Miller's been the unsung hero in Philly since he got there. As a result, my adjusted list would be (in no certain order):
Harris
Rondo
Nelson
Mo
Miller (he wins out over Ford, Rose, and Bibby)

BKNets
02-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Calderon is a true PG too... why does everyone forget him?

'Cause he hasn't lived up to the hype. The Raps got rid of Ford because they thought Jose was gonna be a major factor. Apparently he hasn't.

i agree that calling him terrible is going too far but he is definitely overrated. celtics fans on this site treat him like hes the best PG in the east (if not all of the nba)

personally, i say an argument could be made for him to be the 3rd best PG in the game behind paul and d-will. im sure glad cuban is an idiot and got him out of our division. :)

I think he might be overrated among Celtics fans, but I don't know about in general. It's not like he has a massive national following, or anything, so I'm not really sure where the label came from. The kid's been effective and has played his role well, and has a ring to show for it.

MickeyMgl
02-04-2009, 09:53 PM

In no patictular order
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon

Your friend is right. Iverson doesn't belong there anymore. Arenas hasn't played since when? It's still too early to put Rose up there. Only Nelson and Rondo are playing on Harris's level this year. Haven't paid attention to Calderon lately, but maybe him too.

BULLSFAN0810
02-05-2009, 04:31 AM
NASH
BILLUPS
D.WILLIAMS
CP3
Parker....

Who the F@#$ is Devin Harris ? What ppl really mean is , DALLAS was stupid for Trading him ... TOP 5 NO , TOP 10 maybe ... AND GILBERT is A PG .. he led the league in ast. 2 years i believe .

MickeyMgl
02-05-2009, 05:48 AM
NASH
BILLUPS
D.WILLIAMS
CP3
Parker....

Who the F@#$ is Devin Harris ? What ppl really mean is , DALLAS was stupid for Trading him ... TOP 5 NO , TOP 10 maybe ... AND GILBERT is A PG .. he led the league in ast. 2 years i believe .

The question was whether Harris was top five IN THE EAST. You've listed five Western Conference PGs.