PDA

View Full Version : All star weekend improvement ideas

hotpotato1092
02-03-2009, 05:29 PM
basically what ideas do you have to improve all star weekend. Here are mine:

-1 on 1 tournament, I'd pay a shitload to see Wade vs Paul or Kobe vs LeBron
-Revamp the 3 point shooting contest. 5 normal contest 3s, 5 catch and shoots, 5 with a defender in your face, then repeat.
-Get LeBron in the dunk contest
-2 on 2 tournament but with a player playing with a fan. Here's how I see it going down: the league picks 8 players from 8 different teams and the teams pick a season ticket holder to play with that player. Personally I think that'd be sick
-Pick a random fan to play on each all star team.

Basically I want something where fans get to play with the players. And honestly how much would you love getting to play on an all star team with Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Howard or Kobe, Paul, Duncan and Yao? They should pick a random fan to play on each team. But anyway those are my ideas.

Lakers4ItAll
02-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Dunk Contest needs Stars no Scrubs.

Kobe Lebron Carter ect players that people would actually want to see

JJ81
02-03-2009, 06:23 PM
1 on 1 tournament - YES

Revamp the 3 point shooting contest. 5 normal contest 3s, 5 catch and shoots, 5 with a defender in your face, then repeat. - NO

-Get LeBron in the dunk contest - YES

-2 on 2 tournament but with a player playing with a fan. Here's how I see it going down: the league picks 8 players from 8 different teams and the teams pick a season ticket holder to play with that player. Personally I think that'd be sick - YES

-Pick a random fan to play on each all star team - NO

td0tsfinest
02-03-2009, 07:18 PM
1 on 1 tournament...players won't play their hardest..its going to be like an allstar game..a lot of dunk no defense

2 on 2 tournament same thing but its good idea.

I think a lot of players don't want to be overworked on allstar weekend, adding more to allstar weekend would be nice but I see a lot of stars passing on the notion.

I do think that the skills competition should have more stars than regular guys.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
have a Future vs Past game

Have the future of the NBA(i dont mean like rookies, players who are dominating and will still dominate for a couple of years like Paul, Wade, Bron). Something like players who are 29 or younger on 1 team and 30 or older on the other. Have people who have dominated while they were still young but have grown older.

Past Team

C-Shaq, Garnett
PF-Duncan, Dirk
SF-Peirce, Carter, Mcgrady
SG-Kobe, Iverson, Allen
PG-Nash, Kidd,

Future team

C-Howard, Jefferson
PF-Stoudemire, Bosh, Carmelo
SF-Lebron, Granger,
SG-Wade, Johnson, Roy
PG-Paul, Williams,

kinda like a rip off of the all star game but whatever

kidfury
02-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Slam dunk contest to me has gotten dull. Star players pass on the dunk contest all the time maybe the nba needs to offer $ incentives to get them to participate.

For me it's hard to watch any all star game regardless of which sport. The games have no real meaning so it's hard to get into them. This idea maybe really off the wall but maybe reward team points in the league standings to each representative of the winning team in the all star game so that the players are actually trying to win instead of show boating.

Dauber4MVP
02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
There isn't a lot you can do to improve the allstar weekend because the best players are rightfully so afraid of getting hurt in meaningless competitions. In a perfect world You'd See the best 8 players in the 3 point contest, Lebron, Carter, Kobe and Howard in the slam dunk contest and playing some defense in the actual game...but we all know none of that will ever happen.

KIDDSNETS0324
02-03-2009, 11:28 PM
have the winner of the all-star game have homecourt advantage in the finals...that will probably get players playing a lil harder...I like the one on one tournament idea with the winner getting a best player in the league type trophy.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
the 1 on 1 would still have alot of problems.

like if Duncan and paul were facing each other. ild bet for duncan cuz as soon as duncan gets the ball, he will win

ducan will post up on him all day

The Mecca
02-03-2009, 11:43 PM

-Revamp the 3 point shooting contest. 5 normal contest 3s, 5 catch and shoots, 5 with a defender in your face, then repeat.
-2 on 2 tournament but with a player playing with a fan. Here's how I see it going down: the league picks 8 players from 8 different teams and the teams pick a season ticket holder to play with that player. Personally I think that'd be sick

Basically I want something where fans get to play with the players. And honestly how much would you love getting to play on an all star team with Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Howard or Kobe, Paul, Duncan and Yao? They should pick a random fan to play on each team. But anyway those are my ideas.

Those two would be great.

dre1990
02-03-2009, 11:47 PM
I like all your idea except for the 3 point shooting contest and where a fan plays with the all star team

DirtyThirty
02-04-2009, 12:01 AM

1 on 1 is a good idea but i doubt they would try
Revamp the three- NO
Lebron in Dunk Contest-YES
It should be a 3 on 3 tourniment with a player being a fan- LOVE IT
Pick a randon fan to play on each all star team- NO would ruin the game

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THEY ADDED H-O-R-S-E as one of the activities being done this weekend. I like it, its interesting.

Hellcrooner
02-04-2009, 05:24 AM
My Allstar

Day 1 Friday

- Three Point Shoot out

- Two on Two "score 9 points" March madness style with the two best players of each team competing.

- Legends Game ( Retired Players)

Day 2

- Famous people game.

- Rookies Vs All Nba Foreigners ( Dirk, Pau, Ming etc) Semifinal

- All Nba (Usa Team) vs All World team ( Players not in the Nba) Semifinal

Day 3 Sunday
- Losers play for third place

- Winners play for the Win.

NJhaslopezfever
02-04-2009, 05:51 AM
how bout something like a dunk contest in teams, for example team nba vs team and1??? or college ballers??? idk lol