PDA

View Full Version : Jameer Nelson's injury help move Larry Hughes?

WhiteSoxBears82
02-03-2009, 03:57 PM
With the Orlando Magic's starting point guard and their deep run in the playoffs seemingly in jeopardy I am curious if they would have any interest in Larry Hughes. He has playoff experience and could help them for their run. I know everyone in Chicago would send the Magic a fruit basket thanking them.:clap:

IRUAM #21
02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
No

PaleHose
02-03-2009, 04:06 PM
With the Orlando Magic's starting point guard and their deep run in the playoffs seemingly in jeopardy I am curious if they would have any interest in Larry Hughes. He has playoff experience and could help them for their run. I know everyone in Chicago would send the Magic a fruit basket thanking them.:clap:

I think that you forgot to mention that this deal would obviously have to include Kirk Hinrich in order to fill Orlando's glaring hole at PG. However, I'm sure that the Bulls would insist on the Magic taking Hughes's bad contract as well. The problem here is that the Magic would then have to send back about 22 million dollars worth of contracts to the Bulls in order to make the numbers work. I don't really see all of this happening...

AirJordanXVIII
02-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Why would the Magic want Hughes? Yuck.

Lions #81
02-03-2009, 04:26 PM
steve francis return mayb?

cmstophe
02-03-2009, 04:38 PM
YES

Please send Laura Hughes to Orlando!!

aNYer
02-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree with Palehose, because of the Magic's salaries its hard to trade with them because I doubt they would want to trade the big contracts and its hard to match anyone who could honestly replace nelson with the small numbers. Maybe they could get Bayless from portland if you could provide some cap relief for them after taking the miles hit

charlsdq7
02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
why not Miller...

Chronz
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
This thread would be more relevant if Hughes wasnt exactly the opposite of what the Magic want to do.