PDA

View Full Version : Whose injury will affect their team most?

JJ81
02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Whose injury will affect their team's chances most?

In my opinion, Magic will be affected more because last year the Lakers managed to get to the finals without Bynum or Ariza. This season they've added Ariza and their chemistry has improved as well as certain player's knowledge of their role and the triangle. Nelson's exceptional play this season has made the difference between the Magic being an elite team and a mid-playoff team.

Either way, injuries like these are horrible and I wish they would be avoided for all players, especially as both players were playing the best basketball of their careers before they were injured. With Nelson making the All-Star game reserves and Bynum with 5 straight double-doubles including a 42 point game.

bostncelts34
02-03-2009, 04:07 PM
MAGIC IMO

but on a side note, this helps boston and cleveland. Its pretty much between them two for HMC now i beleive.

king4day
02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Great thread idea. Orlando cuz it's their leader (PG). LA's proven what they can do without AB

Joshtd1
02-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Magic

charlsdq7
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Bynums...no doubt

VCaintdead17
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Magic, the lakers proved last year they can survive and even make it to the finals without bynum.

bahama0811
02-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Orlando, Nelson is their floor leader. The Lakers proved they could win without Bynum last year.

BowDown32
02-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Nelson... Point guard has way more affect on the game then a Centre... especially when LA still has Kobe and Pau... Orlando's backup pg is Anthony Johnson!! LOL!! They are f*&$'d

DrDEADalready
02-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Bynum. Cause without him. Lakers are pretty much a Lottery team. Or at least should be cause they won't win a Championship without a actual center. and not Gasol taking his place.

goku
02-03-2009, 05:05 PM
magic they are not deep enough like the lakers

zachattach
02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Magic the effect it takes on them is Anthony Johnson now becomes there pg.

While Drew goes down and who fills in oh ya there ALLSTAR pf, while there versatile borderline star bench player steps in and does what he's best at creating mismatches and rebounding the ball.

No contest hurts the Magic more

_Sn1P3r_
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Jameer. In my opinion, he was the X Factor of the Magic's success and without his game elevating, they wouldn't be where they are right now.

TheChosenOne88
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Jameer's injury is a HUGE loss for the Magic. The Lakers have already proved they can be successful without Bynum. The Magic do not simply have the depth to beat the Cavs or Celtics. The Magic will have to pull off a trade to be on the Cavs, Celtics, and Lakers level with Nelson out and even if the Magic can get a good deal they might have team chemistry issues.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-03-2009, 05:20 PM
well which is worse?

Losing in the finals again or losing 1 round earlier than expected?

Cuz Lakers will probably lose without Bynum at C

dre1990
02-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Magic, nelson led them as a PG!
LA Has a very good line up
PG- derek fisher

SG- KB24
SF- trevor ariza or vlad
PG- Lamar Odom
C- Pau Gasol

lakers4sho
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Magic.

The lose one of their play makers who can create his one shot. Now most of their possesions are going to be feeding Dwight Howard to the post. They lose of their main offensive options.

MAC10TIZZY
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
this sucks!!!!!!!!!

MAC10TIZZY
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
not the thread, the fact that jameer is out :-( boooooooooo

jayl1377
02-03-2009, 05:53 PM
has to be jameer seeing as bynum is OVERRATED and OVERHYPED

Gup
02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Magic and Nelson

Turk
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Bynum's injury will affect his team the most. The last five games he averaged 26.5 points a game along with about 3 blocks and 14 rebounds. He's a beast and his loss will be greatly missed.

desertlakeshow
02-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Nelson's injury will affect his team more. They are competing for best record in the east and home court advantage, this lessens there chances of getting this.

Lakes will win the west without bynum

XJW18
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
How long is jameer out ?

bleedprple&gold
02-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Bynum. Cause without him. Lakers are pretty much a Lottery team. Or at least should be cause they won't win a Championship without a actual center. and not Gasol taking his place.

wow, are you kidding me? Ok, first of all, how can you say that the Lakers are lottery team without Bynum when they made it to the FINALS last year without him. Or they should be a lottery team because they won't win a championship? How does that make any sense? Ok so that means every playoff team that doesn't win the championship should be a lottery team? Is there any logic whatsoever to your post?

XJW18
02-03-2009, 06:19 PM

ya, hes just has been averaging 26 14 and 3.

JJ81
02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
How long is jameer out ?

Looks like it's gonna be for the season.

Are you joking? I bet you only watch highlights and dont actually watch Laker games - you cannot truely appriciate his worth to his team.

Magic, nelson led them as a PG!
LA Has a very good line up

PG- derek fisher
SG- KB24
SF- trevor ariza or vlad
PG- Lamar Odom
C- Pau Gasol

Luke Walton is their starting SF.

Taking it to 6 games in the finals is a LOT better than being a lottery team... idiot.

Nelson... Point guard has way more affect on the game then a Centre...

That's debatable.

td0tsfinest
02-03-2009, 07:36 PM
the lakers have proven to excel w/o bynum and for the magic, so far w/o Nelson 0-1.

mjt20mik
02-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Orlando, and there is no comparison.

FaceDown91
02-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Bynum.Cause without him. Lakers are pretty much a Lottery team. Or at least should be cause they won't win a Championship without a actual center. and not Gasol taking his place.

Lakers made it to the finals last year without bynum and ariza? :crazy:

The Mecca
02-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Jameer def, the Lakers can pick up the slack until Bynum returns.

KeithLBC
02-04-2009, 12:04 AM

why do you insist on making nothing but negative comments towards the lakers? It gets so annoying. This post is especially annoying being that utah's on their way to being a lottery team this year and not making the playoffs and the lakers are still holding that top spot ;)

I can't remember, how did Utah do against the lakers last year in the postseason :confused:

still1ballin
02-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Accidently chose Lakers, but my answer would be Magic.

Johann
02-04-2009, 01:07 AM
its obviously jameer. last year the lakers made it to the finals without bynum... with little difference. They have others to back him up.

in orlando's case, they have noone else. they lost dooling in the offseason. I dont know exactly who orlando has, but all i know is that they have reddick. o_o. theyre in the hole right now. they gotta get someone

JJ81
02-04-2009, 06:06 AM
its obviously jameer. last year the lakers made it to the finals without bynum... with little difference. They have others to back him up.

in orlando's case, they have noone else. they lost dooling in the offseason. I dont know exactly who orlando has, but all i know is that they have reddick. o_o. theyre in the hole right now. they gotta get someone

Starbury, perhaps?

holocaust227
02-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Definitely Magic. But when it comes to chances of winning a championship. Lakers.

macc
02-04-2009, 02:16 PM
the lakers have proven to excel w/o bynum and for the magic, so far w/o Nelson 0-1.

I had to correct this stat, Magic missed Nelson for 5 games earlier this year and went 4-1 with Avery at Point. FYI

JayW_1023
02-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Magic depend on Jameer as a clutch scorer and playmaker...offensively he'll be missed for the Magic more than Bynum on the Lakers. The Lakers don't depend on Bynum in the clutch like they do on Kobe and Pau.

Defensively however, it's a different story. Bynums rebounding and weakside help will be a bigger hole to be filled than Nelsons gambling defense, but that's logical...simply because big men can make more impact on D than point guards.

ttam68
02-04-2009, 03:08 PM
well which is worse?

Losing in the finals again or losing 1 round earlier than expected?

Cuz Lakers will probably lose without Bynum at C

I agree with this. Although the Magic probably lose more talent relative to their roster, the Lakers were probably favorites for the title and they've dropped to third.

The Magic were great, but still young and unproven and to win a title they'd need to go through Boston and Cleveland. The Lakers were coming off a trip to the finals and had basically added a near all-star center. Now the Magic drop from somewhere in the top 3 in the east to a definite third while the Lakers drop from top in the league to third.

Lakers lose more.

JJ81
02-04-2009, 03:49 PM
----------------

JJ81
02-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I had to correct this stat, Magic missed Nelson for 5 games earlier this year and went 4-1 with Avery at Point. FYI

Yes, but we're talking about this injury onwards.

JJ81
02-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Magic depend on Jameer as a clutch scorer and playmaker...offensively he'll be missed for the Magic more than Bynum on the Lakers. The Lakers don't depend on Bynum in the clutch like they do on Kobe and Pau.

Defensively however, it's a different story. Bynums rebounding and weakside help will be a bigger hole to be filled than Nelsons gambling defense, but that's logical...simply because big men can make more impact on D than point guards.

And defense is what the Lakers need most. They know their offense is going to be there.

ragee
02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Jameer... Magic's roster is shallow... You should have added Paul in your thread... I don't know how long will he be out but his injury is definitely the one that will affect his team the most...

Hawkeye15
02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
as I am sure this has been stated, the Lakers already proved finals worthy without Bynum. The young Magic will now be 3rd seed, and I don't think they have a prayer of getting by Cleveland or Boston without Nelson, unless they can dupe a team into giving them a point guard like LA did with Gasol last season

macc
02-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Yes, but we're talking about this injury onwards.

Oh ok, you didn't specify that in your ealier post but I see what you mean now.

chicagowhitesox
02-04-2009, 04:59 PM
i really think nelson. he made such huge strides this year, and i believe that's why the magic did as well.

GunFactor187
02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Nelson's injury will hurt the Magic more than Bynum's to the Lakers, Nelson's injury causes the Magic to lose a MAJOR playmaker. The LAL's still has a lot of playmakers most notably KBB and Fish. Anytime you have a PG who is injured it'll hurt your team the most.