PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith: ESPN Reporter Tries To Explain Bosh Story

JordansBulls
02-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Source: StephenA (http://stephenablog.typepad.com/stephen_a_smith/2009/02/boshed.html)

My sources tell me Chris Bosh wants out of Toronto. Preferably before 2010, when he's free to opt out of his contract. They've also informed me Bosh has quietly made the Raptors aware of this, that he wouldn't mind interest from Miami or Dallas, at all, and that he's hopeful his days as a Raptor will come to an end sooner than when the LeBron James' Sweepstakes hits the fan in 2010.

The Raptors are 19-30 at the time I'm writing this. They're the second-worse team in the Eastern Conference. Speedster point guard, T.J. Ford is gone. Supposedly, they were suppose to run better with Jose Calderon and that hasn't happened. And that's not even touching on the flagrant acrimony that's witnessed by observers some nights, along with the fact that, thus far, the Jermaine O'Neal trade just hasn't worked out. Combine all of those realities with Bosh' star status and the fact it's not about to generate the sort of marketing buzz he covets as he looks towards a prosperous career, and I really don't get what all the fuss is about!

B2theRY
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
his job is to just run his mouth.. he's a moron. he knocked bosh too last year i believe.. he always rips into toronto.

North Yorker
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I can't see a trade working out with Dallas. They dont have the young prospects to get back in return to build around.

The only one I can come up with is Howard and Bass for Bosh and we should be able to get a lot more than that.

IndyRealist
02-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Is Toronto looking to dump any contracts? I don't watch many Raptors games but it seems like they don't have anyone to get rid of that would make trading Bosh worthwhile. What would Dallas do with him anyway, he plays the same position as Dirk?

Wilson
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
It would be interested to see him go to Miami to team up with Wade...

Silent
02-03-2009, 02:33 PM

thats where i see him going if he does get traded. who can turn down the matrix and beasley for cb4

IndyRealist
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM

Marion would be gone, so:

Mario Chalmers
Dwayne Wade
Michael Beasley
Chris Bosh
Udonis Haslem

That's not a bad starting lineup at all. They still need a bench, though.

Edit: Didn't know Beasley would be gone in the deal. Dunno if I'd do it, if I were Miami...

what54!?
02-03-2009, 02:37 PM
We've discussed this on the heat fourm and I would want any trade that involves beasley yet. I rather just wait to 2010 and see what happens then.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-03-2009, 02:38 PM
his job is to just run his mouth.. he's a moron. he knocked bosh too last year i believe.. he always rips into toronto.

don't feel bad he always rips into the knicks too and he's a new yorker.

Kaptain Kanada
02-03-2009, 02:46 PM
SAS is a clown... I wonder if his ******** half brother Bilo is his source?

ModusOperandi
02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I know Stephen A. is an ***** but even as a Raps fan I can see where he's coming from.

Honestly, I don't know one way or another if I believe this; however, it doesn't have any impact one way or another on my opinion of Bosh.

I think he's a great guy, is a very good player (at times great), and he understands that the window to cash in on his skills is going to diminish fast.

He's 24 now; expected a lot of great things from this roster, which never manifested.

The GM has made some understandable mistakes; yet, Bosh's marketability would be greater if he was playing in a U.S. market right now.

Bottom line is.. if this is true than I respect Bosh a whole lot; here's an advance thank you to him for not pulling a Carter and allowing the franchise to get something for him in exchange.

If this is not true, then this is sensationalism at its best. However, Stephen A. is simply doing his job as a basketball analyst and keeping the fans interested and entertained.

I don't think he's bashing T.O.; he's being a realist. Americans are generally more interested in American teams; same with companies and their endorsements.

I'm excited to see what unfolds if this is true; without question, BC would have his own stamp on this franchise after choosing Calderon over Ford.

I like Colangelo and I have faith that he knows what he's doing; let's get our bench settled, focus on acquiring players who want to play here, get a tremendous coach who plays a team game, and start annihilating the competition in the East! :D

Gup
02-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Is Toronto looking to dump any contracts? I don't watch many Raptors games but it seems like they don't have anyone to get rid of that would make trading Bosh worthwhile. What would Dallas do with him anyway, he plays the same position as Dirk?

May try to get rid of Jermaine O'Neals massive contract

DieHardColtsfan
02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
SAS is a clown... I wonder if his ******** half brother Bilo is his source?

Lmao good one......just pimps no hoes

pippsux
02-03-2009, 03:21 PM
I am so glad he is not on any NBA pre game shows anymore. He is truly the most annoying, uninformed idiot covering sports. He shouts instead of articulating his point, is abrasive and confrontational. This for a guy who did not play top level NBA, NFL, sports period. I don't even read anything with his name on it.

Mile High Champ
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow that aint even an explanation for making up fake news.. Screw Stephen A Smith! I really wish he woulld just step in front of a bus. He is a pathetic excuse of a sports journalist...

Draco
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
We've discussed this on the heat fourm and I would want any trade that involves beasley yet. I rather just wait to 2010 and see what happens then.

I'm hoping Riley and whoever GM's in Dallas feel the same way. :D

Kyle916
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
If I talked as loud as him ESPN would hire me to be an analyst too.

Jacob K.
02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
sure it may look that bosh wants out, or things arent working out, but he made up news! thats what the fuss is about. if he said i wouldnt be surprised if bosh wanted to leave thats different, but he made up fake news.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
lol BC emailed him but he couldnt be reached cuz he was "ill"

who the hell cant email cuz they are sick

mike_noodles
02-03-2009, 05:43 PM
lol BC emailed him but he couldnt be reached cuz he was "ill"

who the hell cant email cuz they are sick

I get more computer time when I'm at home sick

mjt20mik
02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
He won't get traded. And its funny how people are like straight up, Marion + weak kicker for Bosh. That's just sad.

JordansBulls
02-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Word is that Bosh is sitting out till allstar break.

kntresistheheat
02-07-2009, 02:32 AM
So that means they wont get rid of oneal, So the heat has to look elsewhere to get a trade done.....Chandler or Amare?????

Word is that Bosh is sitting out till allstar break.

Roy31
02-07-2009, 03:04 AM
If a trade for Bosh were to happen before the deadline it would probably have to include the following....

Good player
Young player
1st Round Pick
2nd Round Pick

I don't see how Colangelo would accept anything less, it would be borderline ********.

Trouble87
02-07-2009, 03:11 AM
don't feel bad he always rips into the knicks too and he's a new yorker.

NY hasnt claimed him as one of our own in a long long time

fishfan79
02-07-2009, 03:16 AM
come to miami :)

JordansBulls
02-07-2009, 11:17 AM
So that means they wont get rid of oneal, So the heat has to look elsewhere to get a trade done.....Chandler or Amare?????

Amare is not taking a backseat to anyone.