View Full Version : 2010 h-o-f

chadillachembre
02-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Next Year has an incredible list of names eligible

Jerry Rice (All-Time Recieving Record)
Tim Brown
Emmitt Smith (All-Time Rushing Leader)
Bruce Smith
Shannon Sharpe (Greatest Recieving TE in NFL History when retired)

and two of our own

Larry Centers (Greatest Recieving Full Back in NFL History)
Aeneas Williams (The best corner not named Dieon to play in the 90's)

My question to you is... any chance one of our cards get in?

chadillachembre
02-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I could be wrong in saying this but areant 4 players elected each year? if so I say it should be.....

Jerry Rice
Emmitt Smith
Shannon Sharpe
Aeneas Williams

Larry Centers is a guy who could get in by benefitting from a weak HOF Class

FreedomReigns
02-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Could look like this:

Jerry Rice
Emmitt Smith
Bruce Smith
Aeneas Williams

Theres no way Aeneas or Shannon are inducted before Bruce Smith.

rawz
02-04-2009, 01:05 AM
I thought bruce was elected this year. and they can elect a maximum of 7. Shannon was eligible this year, but didnt make the cut. Emmitt and jerry are shoe ins. after that, im not sure.

dbroncos78087
02-04-2009, 01:24 AM
I thought bruce was elected this year. and they can elect a maximum of 7. Shannon was eligible this year, but didnt make the cut. Emmitt and jerry are shoe ins. after that, im not sure.

Smith has been inducted into the HOF. And Shannon had better make it!

steelcityroller
02-04-2009, 01:55 AM
The minimum is 4 players but as many as 7 can get in but they have to get 80% of the vote. I seen Bruce Smith mentioned he got in this year.

I dont know if Larry Centers will get into the Hall of Fame period. There are players just as deserving that havent even been close. Aeneas Williams will get in but the question is when I doubt he gets in on the first or second ballot. Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice and Tim Brown are locks so that leaves at most 4 spots and you have the following players up eligible.

Aeneas Williams - Played 13 years, 8 ProBowls, 3 AllPros, All-90s team and 55 interceptions.

Paul Tagliabue - Long time commissioner that do so much for the league.

Chris Carter - Played 15 years, 8 ProBowls, 2 AllPros, All-90s team, 1100 receptions, nearly 14000 yards and 130 tds.

Shannon Sharpe - Played 13 years, 8 ProBowls, 4 AllPros, All-90s team, 3 SuperBowls, 800 receptions, 10,000 yards and 60 tds.

Dermontti Dawson - Played 12 years, 7 ProBowls, 6 AllPros and All-90s team

John Randle - Played 13 years, 7 ProBowls, 6 AllPros, All-90s team and 137.5 sacks tied with Richard Dent most by any DT.

Richard Dent - Played 14 years, 4 ProBowls, 1 AllPro, 2 SuperBowls, SuperBowl MVP and 137.5 sacks.

Given those choices I put in Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Tim Brown, Shannon Sharpe, Chris Carter and Paul Tagliabue as my top 6. With that 7th spot for me it would be a tossup between Aeneas Williams and John Randle.

FreedomReigns
02-04-2009, 03:26 AM

Your right.

FreedomReigns
02-04-2009, 03:29 AM
The minimum is 4 players but as many as 7 can get in but they have to get 80% of the vote. I seen Bruce Smith mentioned he got in this year.

I dont know if Larry Centers will get into the Hall of Fame period. There are players just as deserving that havent even been close. Aeneas Williams will get in but the question is when I doubt he gets in on the first or second ballot. Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice and Tim Brown are locks so that leaves at most 4 spots and you have the following players up eligible.

Aeneas Williams - Played 13 years, 8 ProBowls, 3 AllPros, All-90s team and 55 interceptions.

Paul Tagliabue - Long time commissioner that do so much for the league.

Chris Carter - Played 15 years, 8 ProBowls, 2 AllPros, All-90s team, 1100 receptions, nearly 14000 yards and 130 tds.

Shannon Sharpe - Played 13 years, 8 ProBowls, 4 AllPros, All-90s team, 3 SuperBowls, 800 receptions, 10,000 yards and 60 tds.

Dermontti Dawson - Played 12 years, 7 ProBowls, 6 AllPros and All-90s team

John Randle - Played 13 years, 7 ProBowls, 6 AllPros, All-90s team and 137.5 sacks tied with Richard Dent most by any DT.

Richard Dent - Played 14 years, 4 ProBowls, 1 AllPro, 2 SuperBowls, SuperBowl MVP and 137.5 sacks.

Given those choices I put in Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Tim Brown, Shannon Sharpe, Chris Carter and Paul Tagliabue as my top 6. With that 7th spot for me it would be a tossup between Aeneas Williams and John Randle.

Great post! If had a say, my choices would be Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Chris Carter and Aeneas Williams or Randle.