PDA

View Full Version : Gionta:Trading block? and Shanahan:Great Sucess

Sportscenterman
02-02-2009, 10:53 PM
No nothing to do with the two players combined, just needed to talk about both. I was just on ESPN.com and they have a report that Gionta may be on the trading block. Their report is Insider only so I can't read if anybody else can share the knowledge on what it says. I don't want to speculate anything, the team is strong and mixing up the team is not favorable unless a great deal comes up that would be a steal. Gionta's stock is high after a fall last season and if this is the chance to get something than Lour will make the right move, Lou tends to only make good important deals. Last years deal with Janssen for Salvador was a steal (although I loved Cam). Let's sit back and see what unfolds. Lets not speculate too much, we already have begun speculating in a post just a few days earlier.

Shanahan vs Sundin, verdict is Shanny was a steal. Shanahan is 40, Sundin I believe 37 but the older fellow at a cost under $400,000 is a steal over the multi-million dollar deal to add Sudin. Lou made a great decision which has paid off with a number of timely goals, home against Pittsburgh most recently in our last game.

DirtyThirty
02-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Looks like we are the only two on this forum lol, but anyway im not for the idea of trading gianta. Things have been workign great so far and to trade away an essential piece of the team in Gianta wouldnt make any sense. However, when the season is over and the deal is in favor of us or the players we are getting i like, then i would ssay maybe.

bringbackNAMATH
02-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Fellas, I'm here to discuss the Devils...

I dont know how I feel about trading Gionta. First off like you said who knows if its actually true. Either way in Lou we trust. Whatever he does please dont Fire Sutter if we enter the playoffs in a top seed. Lou did that 2 years ago to Claude Julien...

If we do trade someone I have confidence we will be adding someone rediculously amazing. We have a team good enough to win the cup already...

And yes, Shanny was a steal...

and whoever lit a fire on jamie langenbrunners ***...kudos to you. This kid is showing energy I have never seen before. :clap:

Nascar-NJDevils
02-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Don't mess with the team chemistry. Unless we get a high profile defenceman then maybe. Lou always has something up his sleeve so we'll see if he can pull a few aces.

JetsYanksDevils
02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
they shouldnt trade gionta they really shouldnt trade anyone on this team unless its a steal or pandolfo cuz hes not a starter no more

DIEBYTHEDEVILS
02-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Gionta has not earned his big contract since he got it. He is still an asset - I say great trade bait for a big player. If they use him to get a d-man, how do they fill the offensive slot??? Certainly not someone from Lowell. Remember Madden and Pando are also expected to be gone. Unless Madden and Gionta take pay cuts, I don't see them wearing the same uniform next year. I expect a big package deal or no deal but something will happen, we definitely need a d-man. Lamo wants the Cup NOW! Welcome back Neidermeyer???... and his brother???

DIEBYTHEDEVILS
02-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I have noticed in previous years, Lamo never picks up a player in rumor. We have not heard any speculation of the Neidermeyer duo. It would be genius, I think they would definitely come here. It has be on Lamos radar. All other worthy forwards will cost too much.

JetsYanksDevils
02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Gionta has not earned his big contract since he got it. He is still an asset - I say great trade bait for a big player. If they use him to get a d-man, how do they fill the offensive slot??? Certainly not someone from Lowell. Remember Madden and Pando are also expected to be gone. Unless Madden and Gionta take pay cuts, I don't see them wearing the same uniform next year. I expect a big package deal or no deal but something will happen, we definitely need a d-man. Lamo wants the Cup NOW! Welcome back Neidermeyer???... and his brother???

maybe use him in a trade after the season. i like gionta and want to see him on this team for a while (although b4 the season started i was for trading him) this teams playing really good and have u heard the expression if it isnt broke dont fix it.

Bricklayer
02-06-2009, 12:23 AM
If I'm not mistaken Gionta is an up coming U.F.A, and that's why he's rumoured to be on the trading block. If we can get a top four D-man for Gionta, we would be crazy not to pull the trigger.

Davey24
03-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Trade Gionta while he at least has some value left. He hasn't performed anywhere close to his potential in quite awhile. We are going to lose him anyway this summer so why not get something for him right now that can help us out?

firecrotchboggs
03-03-2009, 04:56 PM
would hate to see gionta go but it might make sense,