PDA

View Full Version : Bynum out 8-12 weeks

PRETTY BIRD!
02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
espn news:Bynum has a torn mcl and will be out 8-12 weeks!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3879472

pete_one
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
yeah, ****

lakerboy
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM

blackjack_119
02-02-2009, 04:09 PM
ouch

Kyle N.
Well that sucks.

uchiha
lulz... bad karma for collapsing a lung

NYMetros
02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
If he can stay healthy, he will eventually be a dominant big man.
Very disappointing to hear.
At the very least, he should be back in time with 2 months to spare before the Finals if they get there.

CiscoKid
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
:ouch: :injury:

Again! Damn!

Not a Laker fan but I feel sorry for this kid!

J4KOP99
02-02-2009, 04:14 PM
god damnt...how the hell does this happen

I feel bad for the kid, he worked his *** off to get back and he was almost completely back to top shape and then this happens.

This kid has it rough.

PRETTY BIRD!
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
At the very least, he should be back in time with 2 months to spare before the Finals if they get there.

thats what im thinking, their just leaving themselves room for mistake by saying 8-12 weeks...in my opinion a more real assumption for this injury(of course with hard work of bynum in reahbilitation) would be 7-8 weeks....

IRUAM #21
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Damn

Go Dodgers!
02-02-2009, 04:22 PM
:cry:

showtym24
02-02-2009, 04:23 PM
:ouch: :injury:

Again! Damn!

Not a Laker fan but I feel sorry for this kid!

I know it sucks. He ****s both his knees up from his teammates crashing into him not him just getting hurt. We got terrible luck.:cry::cry::cry:

JordansBulls
02-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Guess that means Odom to start and the Lakers will have there same squad like last year come playoffs.

8-12 weeks pretty much means up until the playoffs. Now here is the question do you start him once he comes back?

Pobresito!!

magichatnumber9
02-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Bynum is a tough guy with a steller work ethic, he will be back. no pun intended

NFLNBA
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Damn......He just became that dominate player, i watched him own Duncun and Al Jefferson back 2 back and drop 45 with 15 boards. What are the odds? The last 2 years when he is at his peak he gets hurt against the the Grizzles?

Well the rest of the NBA will now play a half strength Lakers squad again, Doc Rivers and the Celtics is happy i bet.

Dont get me wrong Lakers Fans Gasol is a top 3-5 PF but he is just to weak at Center and dont know if you guys acn get to the Finals again with him there. With Bynum playing like he has the last month you guys had yourself a title but he is to important on the defensive end to have lost.

Quote:
As the NBA’s longest winning streak of the season unraveled in the Staples Center, Doc Rivers seethed as his players missed layup upon layup. The Boston Celtics pushed past those Los Angeles Lakers guards, reached the rim and yet over and over the surest of shooters betrayed soft touches. To the naked eye, the Celtics appeared wound too tightly.

And hours later, when Rivers would watch tape of the game, the Celtics coach squinted closer and understood that these weren’t nerves. “It was because of that big [expletive] running around,” Rivers marveled Sunday.

It was Bynum. Andrew Bynum. Yes, he changes everything. The Celtics had it far easier in the NBA Finals with so little muscle and might protecting the rim, but the Lakers had become basketball’s most complete team. Yes, Bynum changed everything for them.

“He makes you change the shot,” Rivers said. “We had three or four of them where we double-clutched for no reason – other than the fact that in the left of your eye he was coming. Size makes you miss layups.”

5kiLL5
02-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Just call it an 8-12 week suspension for his dirty play.

2nd_COMING
02-02-2009, 04:31 PM
i can't believe this...deja vu

IRUAM #21
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
When the Lakers play Memphis, Bynum shouldn't be allowed to play :sigh:

NFLNBA
02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Guess that means Odom to start and the Lakers will have there same squad like last year come playoffs.

8-12 weeks pretty much means up until the playoffs. Now here is the question do you start him once he comes back?

Pobresito!!

Its not just the injury you need to worry about, look how long it took him to play at this level, he has to get his tyming down, his conditioning.....for some reason it takes him like 1 month or 2 to get back to being dominate.

All Laker fans can hope is he is like that Jordan Farmer guy he came back this year in half the time he was supposed to be out

Sorry Laker fans and def feel so bad for that kid:(

Teeboy1487
02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Just call it an 8-12 week suspension for his dirty play. He is not a dirty player douche bag. Why don't you go back to that hole you crawled out of. Bynum will be back this time. Besides, we are still better than most teams without Bynum.

gauth25
02-02-2009, 04:40 PM

Grow up.

Jahari Kavi
02-02-2009, 04:40 PM
my bet is he's done for the year again................Bynum is beginning to charter over into Grant Hill/Penny Hardaway territory..............the west is wide open now

NYMetros
02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
If he isn't able to come back until the finals or the 2nd to last round of the playoffs, and he isn't 100% healthy, then they might just say screw it and have him sit them out too.

Hawkeye15
injuries happen. Hopefully this isn't a trend in the making for the kid. If it heals slow, it goes into the playoffs again.

KobeOwnSU
****. Mother****in ****. well, its time for some people to step up on this team. They can't expect to do what they did last year when bynum went down. They have to play better and more consistently. hopefully he comes back faster then expected, like farmar.

NFLNBA
02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
my bet is he's done for the year again................Bynum is beginning to charter over into Grant Hill/Penny Hardaway territory..............the west is wide open now

I would agree with you except bynums injury's are all freak injuries, If you have a 200 pound man diving into your knee your gonna hurt it real good lol Last year his own teamate again steped on his foot or leg.

Testaverde16
02-02-2009, 04:47 PM
son of a *****.

KobeOwnSU
02-02-2009, 04:47 PM

umm, that was not a dirty play. even the suspension happy nba agrees with me. so shut the **** up. thank you.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
bad news i wish him well.

Fire&Ice2&33
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Damn,well hopefully the ROCKETS will come take the NUMBER 1 SPOT...we have an easy schedule for Feb.

CraigtheSoxFan
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

cubulls
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Bosh to the Lakers...

Missing56&33
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
he may be back but he needed to stay healthy to work on his game. He wont be productive in the playoffs with so much time off. He will be out of game shape and the playoffs is a level he hasn't played in yet

soundjunkies2
02-02-2009, 04:58 PM
8-12 weeks is the worst case scenario,this injury normally takes 4-8 weeks to heal,depending on the severity of the injury

_Sn1P3r_
02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Dam that sucks, he was on a roll lately.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
well cant say that no one saw this comming. i would guess he is done for the year just because he didnt come back last year when they said he would be back about the same exact time, right before the playoffs.

i wonder if LA will make a deal somehow. o i know go ask that dumbass in memphis. he might give them OJ Mayo for Sun You and some fortune cookies!

lakersfan01
02-02-2009, 05:07 PM
the lakers season is over. without bynum's toughness and interior defense we will not get passed an orlando or boston team, let alone the tough road just making it back to the western conference finals. let's all hope we can trade odom and walton and another guy, maybe mihm for shaq. it sounds like shaq wants to be a laker and this trade would make amare happy playing with an unselfish player like odom. sounds like a win win situation. the suns players miss their running fast break days and amare can be their go to guy (a featured player like lebron wade and bosh to quote amare haha) to make him happy. the lakers will be the most physical bruising team built for playoff winning. when we get andrew bynum back i don't think shaq would mind coming off the bench. he praised phil and kobe and said winning is everything. he is already taking games off for rest. when andrew comes back shaq will definetly be able to do that. come playoff time shaq will be rested, fresh, and looks like he is in better shape than he has been in several years. shaq is hungry and has been saying great things about the lakers. all the gms will be together in meetings over the allstar break. lakers gm mitch said whether he wants to or not he will have gms inquiring about players and its his obligation to hear them out to improve the team for now and for the future. save our season and pull off another great mid season trade mitch.

soundjunkies2
02-02-2009, 05:07 PM
well cant say that no one saw this comming. i would guess he is done for the year just because he didnt come back last year when they said he would be back about the same exact time, right before the playoffs.

i wonder if LA will make a deal somehow. o i know go ask that dumbass in memphis. he might give them OJ Mayo for Sun You and some fortune cookies!
:laugh:

ink
02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
That totally sucks. I wanted to see him and Pau in the post-season together.

goku
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
damn again

soundjunkies2
02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
That totally sucks. I wanted to see him and Pau in the post-season together.

Still might happen.

Jahari Kavi
02-02-2009, 05:18 PM
the lakers season is over. without bynum's toughness and interior defense we will not get passed an orlando or boston team, let alone the tough road just making it back to the western conference finals. let's all hope we can trade odom and walton and another guy, maybe mihm for shaq. it sounds like shaq wants to be a laker and this trade would make amare happy playing with an unselfish player like odom. sounds like a win win situation. the suns players miss their running fast break days and amare can be their go to guy (a featured player like lebron wade and bosh to quote amare haha) to make him happy. the lakers will be the most physical bruising team built for playoff winning. when we get andrew bynum back i don't think shaq would mind coming off the bench. he praised phil and kobe and said winning is everything. he is already taking games off for rest. when andrew comes back shaq will definetly be able to do that. come playoff time shaq will be rested, fresh, and looks like he is in better shape than he has been in several years. shaq is hungry and has been saying great things about the lakers. all the gms will be together in meetings over the allstar break. lakers gm mitch said whether he wants to or not he will have gms inquiring about players and its his obligation to hear them out to improve the team for now and for the future. save our season and pull off another great mid season trade mitch.

I agree and I actually don't think Shaq is a bad idea..............

PRETTY BIRD!
02-02-2009, 05:19 PM
lulz... bad karma for collapsing a lung

I actually do believe in Karma, which is why I try to do right by the people in my life who I come into contact with.

But karma as it relates to sports injuries is a weak argument. Bynum suffered a serious injury because of the Gerald Wallace incident? Okay, fine. What bad karma did Bynum have last year to suffer a season ending injury? What bad karma did Grant Hill have to cause him to miss so much of his career due to injury? What about Shaun Livingston? Gilbert Arenas?

On the flip side, what about guys who were career cheap shot artists like Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn? Did they ever suffer serious injuries due to their bad karma? What about Bruce Bowen? Some players have said that he intentionally slips his foot underneath jump shooters to get them to tweak an ankle when they come down. Any bad karma for Bowen? Nope, all I see are championship rings.

Here's a concept...injuries happen in sports. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to it, let alone karma. It just is.

Colorado RAIDER
02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
LAker Fans..... we ned to say Dammmm, but still have faith, Kobe is gonna take this team on his back AGAIN.... get us through the tough WEST and with the rematch with Boston, and Ab sounds like he can play then...a 85% AB is better than no AB... Not to mention Mitch will pull someone out of his magic hat. Just no Shaq...PLEASE... I loved him when he was a Laker, but Kobe needs a ring without the BIG SH$TTALKER.... So be sad today , but Tuesday its back to the Goal... Another ring

#24 Lakerland
02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
LAker Fans..... we ned to say Dammmm, but still have faith, Kobe is gonna take this team on his back AGAIN.... get us through the tough WEST and with the rematch with Boston, and Ab sounds like he can play then...a 85% AB is better than no AB... Not to mention Mitch will pull someone out of his magic hat. Just no Shaq...PLEASE... I loved him when he was a Laker, but Kobe needs a ring without the BIG SH$TTALKER.... So be sad today , but Tuesday its back to the Goal... Another ring
A ring is a ring for me. I don't care how you get it, unless it's cheating.

Iron24th

haha not that easy,he'll be back sooner,and without him we're still very good,and which team will be more dominant in the west?

-Houston without tmac or yao?
-Utah without booz or D-Will?
-SA without a center?
- Phoenix?Dallas?Portland?Denver?

Please,only Boston,Cleveland and Orlando are dangerous,and guess what? They're in eastern conf'.

#24 Lakerland
Mitch must make a trade before the deadline. Nothing big, a small trade where we can get a big man that is great at D. I would love to have Kwame back right about now.

Lakers4ItAll
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
As long as he comes back healthy for the playoffs Lakers will be ok.

Time for Gasol to step it up and play to his potential on a consistant basis

ink
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Still might happen.

Something like the second round though right? Get better Bynum!!

PRETTY BIRD!
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Mitch must make a trade before the deadline. Nothing big, a small trade where we can get a big man that is great at D. I would love to have Kwame back right about now.

agree 100%

_Supreme_
02-02-2009, 05:32 PM
He isn't going to play again this year.

#24 Lakerland
02-02-2009, 05:33 PM
haha not that easy,he'll be back sooner,and without him we're still very good,and which team will be more dominant in the west?

-Houston without tmac or yao?
-Utah without booz or D-Will?
-SA without a center?
- Phoenix?Dallas?Portland?Denver?

Please,only Boston,Cleveland and Orlando are dangerous,and guess what? They're in eastern conf'.
Exactly. We don't need Bynum until pretty much the 2nd round where he can start practicing with th team and be ready for the Finals. We really don't need Bynum at 100%. As long as he is about 70-80% good then I'd be happy because we don't him as a scoring threat,no, we have Kobe, Pau, Fisher,Sasha, Radman, Lamar and Ariza to do that for us. What we need Bynum for his big body and defense.

Gibby23
02-02-2009, 05:35 PM

If it is just an MCL tear he will be back at the end of March.

PRETTY BIRD!
02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Exactly. We don't need Bynum until pretty much the 2nd round where he can start practicing with th team and be ready for the Finals. We really don't need Bynum at 100%. As long as he is about 70-80% good then I'd be happy because we don't him as a scoring threat,no, we have Kobe, Pau, Fisher,Sasha, Radman, Lamar and Ariza to do that for us. What we need Bynum for his big body and defense.

i agree on most of what you said except with, bynum the way he was playing on both sides of the ball.....it was almost a sure championship.....

soundjunkies2
02-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Something like the second round though right? Get better Bynum!!

8-12 is worse case scenario,he can easily be back in 6 weeks.

KB24>MJ23
Now I'm just praying for a monster 2nd half of the season from Kobe and Pau to get us through the next 2 months until Bynum HOPEFULLY returns. Maybe Kupchak should try to pick up a decent big man for cheap before the trade deadline if one is out there.

#24 Lakerland
i agree on most of what you said except with, bynum the way he was playing on both sides of the ball.....it was almost a sure championship.....
Yea obviously but I'm just saying I'd be happy with an 80 % healthy Bynum than no Bynum. And if he's not full healthy by then I wouldn't want him to play alot while hurt. And since we have many offensive players, him playing defense for us is what will get us a great shot at winning the championships since we lacked that last year.

#24 Lakerland
02-02-2009, 05:42 PM
I hope so man.

PHX-SOXFAN
02-02-2009, 05:44 PM

why do you say that? Has he proven in any way that he comes back from injuries quickly? Quite the opposite, he's shown he takes longer based on his track record.

AirJordanXVIII
02-02-2009, 05:46 PM
YES... I just traded for Gasol in my fantasy league too..

Feel bad for Bynum tho.

PRETTY BIRD!
02-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Yea obviously but I'm just saying I'd be happy with an 80 % healthy Bynum than no Bynum. And if he's not full healthy by then I wouldn't want him to play alot while hurt. And since we have many offensive players, him playing defense for us is what will get us a great shot at winning the championships since we lacked that last year.

no doubt.....i just hope the bynum does come back!

LAKERMANIA
02-02-2009, 05:48 PM
why do you say that? Has he proven in any way that he comes back from injuries quickly? Quite the opposite, he's shown he takes longer based on his track record.

As much as I hate to do this, you finally said something that I can agree on.. Bynum can't come back from injuries as quickly as lets say Farmar. He has physical toughness, but no mental toughness.. He is over-cautious, which is good, but he has no Willis Reed mentality, where if hes hurt, he doesnt care, he just wants to win, im not saying he should come back in the next day or so, but when he feels like he can run again he should suit up.

Last year during March he said he was able to run on the treadmill, but he still didn't come back until the next season began.. To me, If i were an athlete in his position, I want to go down as doing anything to win, not think about my legacy in the long run.. but thats just me

28+24+5=3champs
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
:pray:please Lord, let him return for the playoffs this time:pray:

soundjunkies2
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Its coming from a doctor on 710ESPN.Heres what he said,im copy pasting it from the Lakers forum

Doctor says the usual recovery time is 4-6 weeks MAX so the 8-12 week estimate is overly conservative.
-90% of all MCL ligaments that are torn DO NOT require surgery because it's in an isolated chamber in the knee and can heal on it's own.
-Tearing the ACL is much more serious and would've required 9-12 month recovery.
-MCL tears prevent side-to-side movement. That will be the last thing to come back to him.
-Last year's injury was much more severe and tougher to grasp because it's less common.

JJ81
02-02-2009, 05:54 PM
This is horrible. I'm in no mood for discussion.

droalex
02-02-2009, 05:57 PM
This sucks =[

PRETTY BIRD!
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Its coming from a doctor on 710ESPN.Heres what he said,im copy pasting it from the Lakers forum

Doctor says the usual recovery time is 4-6 weeks MAX so the 8-12 week estimate is overly conservative.
-90% of all MCL ligaments that are torn DO NOT require surgery because it's in an isolated chamber in the knee and can heal on it's own.
-Tearing the ACL is much more serious and would've required 9-12 month recovery.
-MCL tears prevent side-to-side movement. That will be the last thing to come back to him.
-Last year's injury was much more severe and tougher to grasp because it's less common.

no doubt....about a year ago i had the same injury(mcl tear on my left knee)it took me a week to be back on the soccer field playing(with the worsest physical pain i've ever had in my life)and it took about a month for the pain to slowly start fading....although a torn mcl does heal by its self, it never completely heal's, atleast not without surgery......a year later i still feal little twinches of pain when theres major contact with my left leg..

Wilson
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
This is quite depressing. Hopefully him and the Lakers have learned from last season and he can come back and contribute in the end of the season and the play-offs...

stevefrancis
02-02-2009, 06:35 PM
now the question is can andrew bynum and yao ming stay healthy for an entire season?

NFLNBA
02-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Difference between Bynum and Yao is look at how bynum gets hurt! FREAK plays, your own teamate at 200 pounds diving into your knee....how do you prevent that?????

jayl1377
02-02-2009, 06:53 PM
LAKERS MAN
02-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Bynum might as well be put into a freezer until the playoffs start NEXT SEASON.
The kid is an unreliable china-doll and I have zero faith he will ever be healthy.

I'm not fooling myself with this 7-foot c*%$-tease; nor should anyone else.

This kid is going to do exactly what he did last year (when it was contract-ext. time); he is going to shut it down for the season.

I wonder if Vegas is already taking bets for him to go down once again next Jan-Feb?

Lakers4ItAll
02-02-2009, 07:02 PM
It's sad that some of you get joy from a player being hurt.

goku
Difference between Bynum and Yao is look at how bynum gets hurt! FREAK plays, your own teamate at 200 pounds diving into your knee....how do you prevent that?????

the same thing happen to yao 2 season ago a clipper players feel on his leg the same way

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
Sucks for him, and definitely hurts the Lakers.

goku
02-02-2009, 07:04 PM
now the question is can andrew bynum and yao ming stay healthy for an entire season?

yao has done a good job so far hopefully he keeps it up

showtym24
02-02-2009, 07:16 PM
yao has done a good job so far hopefully he keeps it up

Its not his fault his teamates like to crash into his knees year after year. He's not injury prone at all. Yao is though.

Lost Art
02-02-2009, 07:24 PM
As much as I hate to do this, you finally said something that I can agree on.. Bynum can't come back from injuries as quickly as lets say Farmar. He has physical toughness, but no mental toughness.. He is over-cautious, which is good, but he has no Willis Reed mentality, where if hes hurt, he doesnt care, he just wants to win, im not saying he should come back in the next day or so, but when he feels like he can run again he should suit up.

Last year during March he said he was able to run on the treadmill, but he still didn't come back until the next season began.. To me, If i were an athlete in his position, I want to go down as doing anything to win, not think about my legacy in the long run.. but thats just me

Yeah, he did take his time last year. But then again he required surgery well after he was running on the treadmill last year........so he probably wasn't ready.

Also, he hadn't signed his contract last year so you can understand him being cautious since he hadn't been paid yet. Now that he has a guaranteed $58 million I think he'll be a little bit less cautious about returning too soon.

Butter$
02-02-2009, 07:42 PM
espn news:Bynum has a torn mcl and will be out 8-12 weeks!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3879472

Deja Vu like a mtfr.

ARMIN12NBA
02-02-2009, 08:17 PM

:pity:

jimbobjarree
02-02-2009, 08:19 PM
^lol

and its never nice to see a guy get injured, hope he actually plays in the playoffs this year so we get to see what you guys were talking about all of last playoffs 'if we just had Bynum....'

leftie5
02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Has to be tough for him as he was really starting to play his best ball of late. The Lakers will be fine though and I think they are still the team to beat in the West. They have the depth to compensate just like last season.

COLH
02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
men thats weird.. it happend almost the same time as last season, against the same team, and was injured by his own player..... that sucks that he's injured, I hope he gets back come playoff time. Although the Lakers are still really good without him, Bynum just puts them on another different level.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
We need him to come back at least by 8 weeks. That would give him about 2 weeks of regular season games to get his conditioning back. If its later than that, he might hurt them in the playoffs. He will have to get his timing back, as well as getting over the fear of playing on it again. If all that does not happen. Lakers are not winning anything at all this year with Gasol as the "enforcer"

JordansBulls
02-02-2009, 09:15 PM
This blows for him a lot. Did he ever get that contract he was looking for? If not this will kill his chances unless he comes back and dominates.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-02-2009, 09:18 PM
This blows for him a lot. Did he ever get that contract he was looking for? If not this will kill his chances unless he comes back and dominates.

He did. I think 13 or 14 million a year.

Morgan
02-02-2009, 09:36 PM

I doubt he comes back this year too. That sucks because when Boston beats the Lakers your going to hear the same " Well if we had Bynum" line that Lakers fans have been using since last June. Boston would have beaten them with or without Bynum anyway though.

Kyle916
02-02-2009, 09:38 PM
The Kings have a chance in the division!

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I doubt he comes back this year too. That sucks because when Boston beats the Lakers your going to hear the same " Well if we had Bynum" line that Lakers fans have been using since last June. Boston would have beaten them with or without Bynum anyway though.

I think KG is going to tear his ACL and be out for this year and next. See I can make statements or assumptions with no proof or reasoning to back it up also

Iron24th
02-03-2009, 02:43 AM

:hi5:

JayW_1023
02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Same story as last season. But the fact that the Lakers can still contend without their big man shows how incredibly deep that team is.

DrDEADalready
02-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Can someone say Karma? I find it weird that his injury happened to the same team last year didnt it? and also if he would have gotten suspended for his foul on Wallace. he wouldn't have played that game. and wouldn't have gotten hurt. right?

gcoll
02-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Can someone say Karma? I find it weird that his injury happened to the same team last year didnt it? and also if he would have gotten suspended for his foul on Wallace. he wouldn't have played that game. and wouldn't have gotten hurt. right?

The foul on Wallace was overblown.

DrDEADalready
02-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Well there was talk of that he should have gotten suspended. and if he did get suspended that wouldn't have happened. know what I mean.

JJ81
02-03-2009, 12:04 PM
The Wallace foul wasn't even that bad... it's not like Bynum wanted to break his ribs

BTownTeamsRKing
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM

truth is, for the team that wins the championship, they dont care what the circumstances of injurries to the other team or getting favorable calls. as long as they get to celebrate being the best and getting drunk and high, its all good for those fans.

just look at the steelers fans. they won a title, but not without a lot of controversy, but to them it doesnt matter.

i will be the same way. If the Celtics beat the Lakers in the finals, and the lakers have mihm starting, i wont care. its all about WINNING. as long as banner 18 is rising in november, i really wont care who the lakers had or didnt have.

and yea u can feel bad for the fans for losing players, but they will be the same fans who come back saying, "if Tom Brady played, the Patriots would be champs." how do i know? i am a fan and thats how we think deep down below the classy congrats pittsburgh comments.

besides man, why do u care if other fans approve of your championship? do they have to validate it or something? no they dont. it is wat it is.

its too bad for bynum, but u know what, great for the rest of the west. sorry LA, thats truth. all these fans can tell u, o that sucks, hope he comes back soon. that isnt the truth. if the spurs beat LA, they wont care who is on the otherside.

chicagowhitesox
02-03-2009, 12:24 PM
lol that sucks for the lakers

td0tsfinest
02-03-2009, 03:12 PM
man my fantasy team is riddled with injuries this year...this is the cherry on the sundae

pippsux
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Sad, it always happens when he is starting to play well. Laker fans might just have to accept he is not built for heavy minutes or count him out for the season and playoffs so he can heal correctly. They made it to the finals w/o him last year and lost in 6 to the Celtics. If Odom had shown a pulse in the finals, I think they would have won.