PDA

View Full Version : Colangelo and Bosh shoot down rumour he wants out of Toronto

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 02:48 PM
BC comes out and states that Stephen A Smith does not know what he is talking about..

It's a non-story. Stephen A. got a little carried away. I've e-mailed him to talk about it but he's in bed with the flu. Maybe the basketball Gods have something to do with that. I don't know where that story came from.

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090202.wsptraps0202/GSStory/GlobeSportsBasketball/home

Here is it straight from Bosh himself..

No. No. No, I haven't told him that," Bosh said today after practice.

And just to add another layer of denial, he was asked whether his agent could have made the statement.

"No," he said.

"It was a surprise to me and I can't be responsible for what other people say so ...," said Bosh, his voice trailing off in disgust. "I understand people are entitled to an opinion but making stuff up? We can't do that.
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/581034

Jonathan2323
02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
something is happening. GMs and players always have to say the right thing.

theuuord
02-02-2009, 02:50 PM
I mean, he's probably right, because Stephen A Smith does exaggerate absolutely everything for whatever reason.

but on the flip side, what is he supposed to say? "Hell yeah I said that, I want out of Toronto?"

JohnnyMapleLeaf
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
lmao...what did you want them to say?? And actually, I think denying it like that probably means it IS true. lol. Just like when Ottawa Senators owner denied rumours they were going to blow the team up, ripping the media for suggesting it...then a week later the coach is fired...lol

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 02:52 PM
I mean, he's probably right, because Stephen A Smith does exaggerate absolutely everything for whatever reason.

but on the flip side, what is he supposed to say? "Hell yeah I said that, I want out of Toronto?"

His strong denial I think is evidence he did not say he wanted out. Plus how wopuld Stephen A Smith have any idea what Bosh and Colangelo are thinking. Yet again another stupid story from Smith.

theuuord
02-02-2009, 02:54 PM
His strong denial I think is evidence he did not say he wanted out. Plus how wopuld Stephen A Smith have any idea what Bosh and Colangelo are thinking. Yet again another stupid story from Smith.

ever heard "methinks he doth protest too much?"
denying publicly doesn't really mean anything.

honestly I think either is possible, because S.A.S. is dumb, and Bosh could very well want out.
either way I don't really care.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
i was telling people don't listen to the media.

02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
The facts remain that the Raps are last in the Atlantic and Bosh can opt out at the end of next season. It doesn't take a genius to figure out something has to give...either BC trades the supporting cast or he trades Bosh to avoid losing him for nothing.

prash
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Stephan A. Smith should be black listed from talking about the NBA.

Jonathan2323
02-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Stephan A. Smith should be black listed from talking about the NBA.

why? he just does not make things up, there has to be truth to it.

ink
02-02-2009, 03:36 PM

No, I'd say that Stephen A. Smith is not above making things up. He's undisputed low point of basketball journalism.

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 03:39 PM
No, I'd say that Stephen A. Smith is not above making things up. He's undisputed low point of basketball journalism.

The worst in the business by far!

Nighthawk
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I think Bosh is gone. I mean look whats around him. Bosh is the only player i would want on my team that the Raptors have. Everything else is not going to win you ANYTHING in this league. Is anyone shocked that theres rumors of him leaving? Bosh isn stupid. He wants to win. Not consistently stay in the lottery and rebuild

LanceUpperCut
02-02-2009, 04:16 PM

I find it just hilarious,first off he might leave but that's over a year in a half away maybe next year at this time it might be worth talking about.So much can change in one year.The fact is the rap's are having an off year for sure look at Miami last year look at washington this year.Most people who talk like T.O is a small market place were know one would want to live just have no clue about the city or country for that matter.Next year if the rap's can do a couple thing's in the off season then you never know.Jalen Rose and Stephen A Smith are just trying to sound like they have some inside source cause if he leave's than their right if he does'nt then know one even remeber's there dumb remarks's.Plus Bosh hate's them both if he was going to tell someone I'm sure it would'nt be them.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-02-2009, 05:05 PM
he's probably not gonna stay with all the teams that have cap space

Raps18-19 Champ
02-02-2009, 05:10 PM
he's probably not gonna stay with all the teams that have cap space

and this happened to all the other stars so im not supriesd

ink
02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
maybe next year at this time it might be worth talking about.So much can change in one year.The fact is the rap's are having an off year for sure look at Miami last year look at washington this year.

Exactly.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
lol at all raptors fans

cmstophe
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
This just goes to show how so many of you people are sheep for following what Stephen A Smith says about Bosh and LeBron "already guaranteed to team up in New York in 2010!" and all that BS the every day NBA fan eats up like candy.

Goon.Weezy
02-02-2009, 05:32 PM
lol at all raptors fans

i guess your "lol"ing yourself too:p:D

Raps18-19 Champ
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
i guess your "lol"ing yourself too:p:D

nah just the ones who are crying cuz the guy from espn said that bosh was leaving

Lakers4ItAll
02-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Stephan A. Smith is a cheap version of Charles Barkley

Missing56&33
02-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Bosh wants to be on the screen at time square holding up his new sneaker who wouldn't. Bye Toronto, hello NY

Draco
02-02-2009, 05:38 PM

Look at how he reported the Kobe leaving LA rumors.. he interviewed Kobe.

IndyRealist
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM

Proof? There has to be truth to it, why? Does he ever cite a source? Does any other journalist, anywhere, report it as anything other than "ESPN reports that...."? Why does it have to be true, because he's on TV? Really?

I'm not a Knicks fan. I'm not a Raptors fan. I'm not a Cavs, Mavs, Nuggets, or Lakers fan. I've got no vested interest in believing or disbelieving anything he says.

Stephen A. Smith is full of sh**.

Mikeleafs
02-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Attention Attention!!! Read All About It!!!

"STEPHEN A. SMITH was reported missing after being nutured by the local veterinarian. The police said they're are looking for a Pet Doctor who drugged Stephen and proceeded to cut off his nads. Cops urge public to contact the authorities with any information."

- Bullshitreporting.com

LanceUpperCut
02-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Bosh wants to be on the screen at time square holding up his new sneaker who wouldn't. Bye Toronto, hello NY

Who again has been up there .If it's so attractive why can't I name the last Knick who's done anything ?I'm really not shooting down the knicks but really who was there last all-star cause I don't know.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Who again has been up there .If it's so attractive why can't I name the last Knick who's done anything ?I'm really not shooting down the knicks but really who was there last all-star cause I don't know.

marbury unfortunately.

More shats!
02-02-2009, 08:32 PM
lol i wanna see bosh go to knicks if he doesnt stay in toronto so i can laugh at this

Why would you want Bosh to go to a team in the same division?You want that just so i can look bad?.Are you a Raps fan like me?Because no smart Raptors fan wants Bosh to stay in the same division.Have you learn anything watching vince torch us every season?Man some guys are nuts.If he ends up leaving i want him to go to the west so we dont have to face him 4 times a year.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Why would you want Bosh to go to a team in the same division?You want that just so i can look bad?.Are you a Raps fan like me?Because no smart Raptors fan wants Bosh to stay in the same division.Have you learn anything watching vince torch us every season?Man some guys are nuts.If he ends up leaving i want him to go to the west so we dont have to face him 4 times a year.

I said if he doesnt stay in toronto, the first team i want him to go to is knicks. I want him to be successful and being in the east, he has a better chance to go to allstar game, get better stats, maybe MVP, get farther in playoffs as being the best on the team(if on west, he would have another star and i dont think he'd wanna be 2nd option)

TheShock45
02-02-2009, 08:52 PM
stephen usually does talk out his *** but then again you can count on the guy to tell you things he shouldnt be talking about haha
i wouldnt doubt tho the lakers called them to take a shot at it
also any team with a big tradable contract like the heat or pistons

rapswin98
02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
We all know that Steven *** Smith just hates the Raptors. He probably got very excited when he heard this or hes bullshittin cause hes adding more pressure to bosh so that he can leave toronto