PDA

View Full Version : Booing Your Home Team

Toronto_Fan
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Greetings fellow PSD heads.

So considering my team's season is pretty much in the toilet, there isnt' much for us to talk about here in Toronto except for "Who would you trade Bosh for?"

So the Raps have been getting murked pretty badly by the good teams this year and at times, by the not so good teams. This has caused the fans at The Air Canada Centre to voice their displeasure by booing the home squad and yelling out things like "Moon, you suck!" during quiet times in the game.
My point to that being, the players are hearing these insults and derogatory remarks.

Bosh is now starting to cry in post game interviews about the fans, saying, "there is bad energy in the building" which the Raptors are feeding off of. Essentially, he's starting to blame the losing on the fans.

I mean, Ive watched these games, and these performances are uninspiring to say the least. I say, let the boos rain down.

Thoughts?

Big Zo
02-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I think you guys should just give Bosh to the Heat. =)

CaptainCool79
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
not a big fan of booing the home team. I'm proud to say i've only done it once in my life, so i'd say reserve that for a really really terrible performance.

cubulls
02-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Fans don't spend good money to see losers. Booing lets management know that changes need to be made.

SeoulBeatz
02-02-2009, 03:10 PM
In Philly, it is customary to BOO the home team if they are sucking, and cheer them if they are doing well. Thats the way it is in this business; no time for hard feelings.

These players are getting paid more in one year than I'll make in 20 for putting a ball through a hoop, they should suck it up and play.

prash
02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
The quality of basketball that the Raptors have been playing deserves booing.

I walk down to the ACC just to boooooooooo as much as possible. They are playing some seriously cr4ptasic basketball.

IF they played a decent game or were even in the playoff picture I'm sure fans wouldn't booo as badly. I know I wouldn't..

Sport
02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
I am a Wolf fan, so I have had plenty of oppurtunities to boo them, but its part of being a fan not to boo them.

Jacob K.
02-02-2009, 05:08 PM
how much do they get paid? and they dont want booing? its just like when your boss tells you you arent doing a good job.

ink
02-02-2009, 05:09 PM
how much do they get paid? and they dont want booing? its just like when your boss tells you you arent doing a good job.

And I'm sure your boss yells at you the whole time you're working too. Great boss you have there. :eyebrow:

I am a Wolf fan, so I have had plenty of oppurtunities to boo them, but its part of being a fan not to boo them.

Classy. :clap:

Sixerlover
02-02-2009, 05:15 PM
If your upset with the way your team is performing why not? It does not make you any less of a fan. Any nonviolent form of venting anger at a game is fine with me.

Missing56&33
02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Brian C needs to get off his *** and get down to the court and find out whats going on. The Raptors have to much talent to have a record like that pass the midway point of the season. JO and Bosh is a monster front court??? No excuse for that . Calderon, AB...way to much talent for this nonsense. Funny but Raptor fans what to talk about how bad the Knicks are. :confused:

Missing56&33
02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
btw, I dont boo my team im to busy jumping up and down yelling nice shot, Du. :)

AirJordanXVIII
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
When you get paid 5 million a year, let alone 500k, you take the booing. No excuses.

Trouble87
02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Bosh is now starting to cry in post game interviews about the fans, saying, "there is bad energy in the building" which the Raptors are feeding off of. Essentially, he's starting to blame the losing on the fans.

I mean, Ive watched these games, and these performances are uninspiring to say the least. I say, let the boos rain down.

Thoughts?

How is he ever going to play in NY if he cant take a few boo's from a home crowd. They deserve those boo's... You have a better lineup than previous years but you suck harder now?... Bosh needs to man up by the time he gets to NY (yea im that confident he's coming in 2010)

boms-4
02-02-2009, 07:30 PM
The Raps should be used to the booing by now.

xSolidx
02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
If you continuously play like crap, while making millions of dollars, you should get booed

If you dont like the booing, play better, thats it

MiamiHeat
02-02-2009, 07:37 PM

they still are humans lol they aren't robots
their feelings get hurt :cool:

same here I will never boo my team

Draco
02-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't boo. I wasn't even aware there were fans with a lot of irrational animosity towards individual players or a team until I started posting on PSD. I always try to see things from the teams point of view. During the years when Krause made some awful mistakes I eventually just tuned out for a while.

Jacob K.
02-02-2009, 09:00 PM
And I'm sure your boss yells at you the whole time you're working too. Great boss you have there. :eyebrow:

if i was continusly f'ing up and not living up to expections, i would deserve to be yelled at, no?

Frrrrank!!!
02-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I've never booed the C's, if we are sucking then I will boo the opposing team more for kicking our ***.:D

ink
02-02-2009, 09:03 PM
if i was continusly f'ing up and not living up to expections, i would deserve to be yelled at, no?

Not at all.

Jacob K.
02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Not at all.

hahah alright ink;)

ink
02-02-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't boo. I wasn't even aware there were fans with a lot of irrational animosity towards individual players or a team until I started posting on PSD. I always try to see things from the teams point of view.

Completely agree.

Nexus
02-02-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't boo. I wasn't even aware there were fans with a lot of irrational animosity towards individual players or a team until I started posting on PSD. I always try to see things from the teams point of view. During the years when Krause made some awful mistakes I eventually just tuned out for a while.

I don't boo either, and I was trying to figure out why. That seems about right. Namely the part about irrational animosity.

lorenz00
02-02-2009, 10:22 PM
i think the fans have the rights to booo the home team if there not performing the way they suppose to be... fans are the one who gives there salaries (as far as i know lol) and the raptors sucks bad this year i thought JO will help the raptors in second round but the injuries happens (Calderon And JO) therefore not much chemistry to all members of the players... BC has to deal someone or toronto fans will be or not even watch!!!

LanceUpperCut
02-02-2009, 11:58 PM
I agree with the booing in a way and I know they get paid so much.But it really does'nt help, the last couple years the rap's always feed off the crowd but this year I'd rather them be playing on the road.I've been to the ACC a couple times in the last couple years and I hade the time of my life mind you they did win all but one which they lost in triple OT.It just seems like spirits are so low for everyone in TO even the odd win just get's anaylized on what they did wrong.

IndyRealist
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Fans don't spend good money to see losers. Booing lets management know that changes need to be made.

Not going to games let's management know that changes need to be made. If they're not playing well, don't go.

I've never, ever booed my team, even when we got blown out by the Magic. I was pretty disgusted, but I didn't boo. Players feed off the energy that fans give them by cheering, it's pretty much all they run on late in the 4th. If they're getting booed on their own court, there's no way to get yourself back up for a comeback, let alone for the next game.

The only time I would ever, ever consider booing is if I knew that they just weren't trying. Not because they're on their 4th game in 5 nights. Not because three starters are injured. Not because the coach just got fired and nobody knows the new system. I'd only ever consider booing if they were tanking. And I'd think I'd know ahead of time, so I just wouldn't go.