PDA

View Full Version : Rich Hill to O's official

Tragedy
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Orioles acquired LHP Rich Hill from the Cubs in exchange for a player to be named later.
Like Felix Pie and Ronny Cedeno before him, Hill was traded at a discount by the Cubs because he was out of minor league options. The quality of player to be named later will likely depend upon how well Hill fares in Baltimore after struggling with his control last season. If the Orioles can get him back to throwing strikes, Hill can be a solid No. 3 starter and nice sleeper target in AL-only leagues.
Source: Rotoworld.com

bigity b
02-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Best case sceanrio, IMO-
Next year: Hill's numbers are ehhh after learning how to pitch in the AL East. Becuase of his mediocraty, the O's send nothing serious back in return and Hill earns an end-of-the-rotation spot in two years from now.
Two years from now: After learning the AL East and having a full year reunited with his pitching coach, etc, Hill regains some old form and solidifies his spot as #2 for the future.

bshone
02-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Best case sceanrio, IMO-
Next year: Hill's numbers are ehhh after learning how to pitch in the AL East. Becuase of his mediocraty, the O's send nothing serious back in return and Hill earns an end-of-the-rotation spot in two years from now.
Two years from now: After learning the AL East and having a full year reunited with his pitching coach, etc, Hill regains some old form and solidifies his spot as #2 for the future.

Interesting prediction.

Did anyone notice that Burres was who we designated? What do you all think will end up happening with him? Traded? Released? Minors?

bigity b
02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
^^^ I think we re-assigned him because his numbers make him the least likely to be claimed by another team. I would love to see him start in AAA and be one of the first called up in case of an injury (in bullpen OR rotation). I like him, but i didnt realize how bad his numbers are until after i saw them today.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-02-2009, 03:27 PM
A great move I think. Not bad when two years ago he was the Cubs best pitcher in the second half and was their second best starter over all. I wantedh im as a Red Sox, but obviously will not happen. Good job, I think he can be very productive.

Arenas519
02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
good move for us, hopefully he can get control of his pitches and throw consistent strikes and maybe be a decent middle of the rotation guy for us

O's Boy15
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Seems like a steal considering his potential he flashed in 2007!!!!!!

homestarunner93
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Congrats, another piece of Cubs trash. :clap:

bigity b
02-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Congrats, another piece of Cubs trash. :clap:

and what did we give up to essentially get first dibs at THE CUBS TRASH (who just 2 years ago was a top prospect in all of mlb)? Nothing. Nice dig homer, err i mean homestarunner93.

sboy2012
02-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Wonderful

bmurphy28
02-02-2009, 09:19 PM
i am all about this move

wizind33
02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Interesting prediction.

Did anyone notice that Burres was who we designated? What do you all think will end up happening with him? Traded? Released? Minors?

god I hope we dump him to waivers ..or maybe back to the cubs for our ptbnl:D...he makes me sick watching him pitch....let one of the guys pitch
who's out of options any of those are an upgrade over burres

wizind33
02-02-2009, 10:20 PM
i dont even want to see burres bogging down Norfolk or Bowie

his time has came and thank god GONE

wizind33
02-02-2009, 10:33 PM
With the next roster moves the orioles will have to make..Who do we
place on waivers???...still need 1 more for who ever is the back-up catcher,
and for Gomez (unless he really sucks this spring) and if we get Looper then
who do you jettison from our team.

1) Scott Moore...had his chance just blew it
2) Jim Miller...got to many people to jump over to make O's ...AAA bound
3) Brian Bass...had a chance w/O's last yr. to just finish the yr...but he's gone

2 and 3 could easily be flip-flopped but Moore's time and way he acted and
played in Norfolk was unacceptable...

bmurphy28
02-03-2009, 01:56 AM
what do you mean the way Moore acted?

MemphisOsFan
02-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Good low risk/high reward trade for the Orioles. If Krantz can help Hill like he did when Hill was in the minors, Hill could be a steal.