PDA

View Full Version : Unconfirmed rumor from Steven A. Smith: Bosh says he won't re-sign, may be on block

Hellcrooner
02-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Ro so says stephen smith.

would it made any sense to trade Gasol for Bosh?

Same position, probably raps wont get better offers, gasol reunites with Calderon , they can go on playing euroball as B colangello wants and as gasol can more or less effectively play center they can finally move bargnani to his best position at PF.

stawka
02-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Amare for Bosh :D

Get Amare the *** out of Phoenix. His bum-like defense and lack of effort on both ends is costing the Suns any chance they had at the Playoff's - let alone beating the **** teams like Chicago/Minni etc.

Imagine the front-court of Bosh and Shaq. One can only imagine...

Diewitdaknicks
02-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Hmmm Curry for Bosh? Curry is an offensive beast...well he used to be, when his heart was in it.

mike_noodles
02-02-2009, 07:22 AM

Same position, probably raps wont get better offers, gasol reunites with Calderon , they can go on playing euroball as B colangello wants and as gasol can more or less effectively play center they can finally move bargnani to his best position at PF.

First, that's not value for Bosh, second consider the source, the guy knows nothing about basketball. ESPN admitedly only puts him on tv because he gets a reaction out of people, which is all he's trying to do here.

I can believe the Raps would trade Bosh, but not straight up for Gasol. Throw in Farmar and three 1st round picks.

NYYankeesWin#27
02-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Hmmm Curry for Bosh? Curry is an offensive beast...well he used to be, when his heart was in it.

man i wish. then sign him long term so it looks more attractice 4 lebron n joohnson. walsh make it happen

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2009, 08:00 AM
amare for bosh..........

one can only dream

Trouble87
02-02-2009, 08:27 AM
walsh needs to make moves.... trade any one but lee & robinson to make it happen

Kyben36
02-02-2009, 08:36 AM
I heard Portland or Miami are the best candidates

Miami offers Marion and Beasely
Portlant Laef, Aldridge, and Fernandez

Ragun
02-02-2009, 09:11 AM
I heard Portland or Miami are the best candidates

Miami offers Marion and Beasely
Portlant Laef, Aldridge, and Fernandez

Ill take the second one thank you very much but aldridge and bargnani wont work IMO.

JordansBulls
02-02-2009, 09:14 AM

Deng, Tyrus, Gordon and whomever else they want outside or Rose for Bosh.

Rapthug
02-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Ill take the second one thank you very much but aldridge and bargnani wont work IMO.

I agree totally. Looks great on paper but LaMarcus' game is just a jump shooter.....they need a big man with more of a power game. Would love to have Rudy though!

Stucky, Maxiell, AI for Bosh and Kapono.

torontosports10
02-02-2009, 09:20 AM
we will take Oden instead of Aldridge then :D

Master Mind
02-02-2009, 09:21 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=510~2423~1977~3249~635~1727~17 03~306&teams=26~26~14~14~21~28~21~28&te=&cash=

Basically--

Toronto gets Amare

Miami gets Bosh

Phoenix gets Boozer

Utah gets Marion

Wilson
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow, a trio of Kobe, Bosh and Bynum would be awesome :drool:

I don't think it'd be a good idea for us though. I think Bosh will shoot the ball more than Pau does, which creates an issue with getting Bynum enough opportunities.

Plus, like some people have already said, the Raptors could probably get more. They may not be able to get a better player-for-player swap (depending on how much teams want to give up), but they could certainly get a better combination of young players and draft picks.

Kyben36
02-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Gasol for Bosh may work, but Im sure you would have to trow in a few extra Peices because Bosh is so much younger and will give you so many good years, but Gasol would provide a post prescese, alow Bargs to move to PF, and since he is international, he would not mind playing in toronto. I just dont understand why The Lakers almighty team has to make trades.

Badluck33
02-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Why would the lakers trade for Bosh right now?

they have such a solid team as is. If they traded for bosh and the team fell apart then expect for the GM to be gone.

The lakers wont do anything to there team right now and would be STUPID to do so. Lakers have it great right now and its not broke, so don't fix it.

Did i just read Bosh for Curry? I wish there was a smiley that threw up blood because I would put that there. A team of 12 curry's would not equal one bosh.

Bosh to Miami sounds like it could happen and might be final destination for bosh. Marion and some fillers could be going up that way.

Don't know if Amare will work in Toronto. He might not want to play there either.

Bosh to the Bulls sounds good to me.

Gordon, Deng, Thomas and a 1st rounder I think should get it done.

Frank Costanza
02-02-2009, 09:44 AM
there is no trade, just speculation cause the team is underperforming and you see the frustration from the star player, would happen in any team that does poorly youll see the team hang their heads after the game then the media goes to work with their story, we are all suckers for beliveing it, frank is a sucker for seeing the thread and coming in , we are all guilty, you have to cheack to see if it has relevence but stephen smith that guy will wake up tommorow and tell you LBJ and KObe are being swapped,

ajj22
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
walsh needs to make moves.... trade any one but lee & robinson to make it happen

so as a knicks fan, you wouldn't part ways with free agent-to-be david lee or your 5'1" seventh man for one of the key members of team USA averaging 23 and 10 and an attractive piece for lebron in 2010?

lakerboy
02-02-2009, 10:12 AM
IF Bynum is injured and out for the entire year, I'd trade him and Odom for CB

Kyben36
02-02-2009, 10:14 AM
^ You cant trade an injured player. and By the way, Why on earth would the Lakers want 2 of the smalles big men in the league. Gasol, Bosh would be great on offense, but defensivly they are undersized.

GregOden#1
02-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Since when can you not trade an injured player...

silvio
02-02-2009, 10:32 AM
First, that's not value for Bosh, second consider the source, the guy knows nothing about basketball. ESPN admitedly only puts him on tv because he gets a reaction out of people, which is all he's trying to do here.

I can believe the Raps would trade Bosh, but not straight up for Gasol. Throw in Farmar and three 1st round picks.

The Raps have to shake it and it should start with Bosh. Gasol and Farmar + the picks would make sense. Bargnani is coming on his own and Calderon knows Gasol's style of play. The Lakers are getting a younger KG who will play under Kobe's shadow very well. CB4 needs to be pushed a bit and KB8 would would just do that.
The new LA C(hris)K(obe) ERS would rock

lakers4sho
02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
IF Bynum is injured and out for the entire year, I'd trade him and Odom for CB

I wish. But once Bynum comes back either Bosh or Gasol has to come off the bench, and I don't think either of them would like that.

^ You cant trade an injured player. and By the way, Why on earth would the Lakers want 2 of the smalles big men in the league. Gasol, Bosh would be great on offense, but defensivly they are undersized.

Odom is much more undersized than Bosh IMO.

ajj22
02-02-2009, 10:58 AM
CB4 needs to be pushed a bit and KB8 would would just do that.
The new LA C(hris)K(obe) ERS would rock

Lackers?

$ NyC $
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
^ LOL

He's def. an all-star but i think Bosh needs 2 be more aggressive. I've watched a few Raptors games this year and he settles for that jumper way 2 much. When he's aggressive he's a beast and a great player he just needs 2 stop being lazy.

nashty13
02-02-2009, 11:12 AM
bosh is much better than gasol

lakers4sho
02-02-2009, 11:14 AM
bosh is much better than gasol

Not defensively.

IndyRealist
02-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Picks from the Lakers are almost worthless considering those picks are going to be 29th or 30th (there's an article out there about how the 31st pick is better than the 30th, because it's only two years instead of three, and not necessarily garuanteed).

Farmar would be relatively unhappy playing backup to Calderon and not competing for a championship. He's starting caliber. Gasol does nothing that Bosh doesn't do better, and there's no garuantee that Gasol would be able to play with O'Neal any better than Bosh did.

JordansBulls gives the best trade for Bosh, for both teams:

Deng, Tyrus, Gordon and whomever else they want outside or Rose for Bosh.

Deng is underperforming since Rose became the focal point of the offense, and Toronto desperately needs a SF. Bargnani plays C and O'Neal slides to his natural PF spot (you know, where he got all those all-star appearances?). Thomas backs them up. Gordon can stay or go, but if he starts next to Calderon he'll put up similar numbers to now, and Anthony Parker is just as effective off the bench as starting (and he'll become Calderon's primary backup). The Bulls also send a first round pick, and Toronto sends Roko Ukic to match salaries (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2429~2381~3032~1977~2790&teams=28~28~28~4~4&te=&cash=).

Calderon/Parker
Gordon/Graham
Deng/Kopono
O'Neal/Humphries
Bargnani/Thomas

Young2Kinsler
I love all the crazy unfounded trade ideas, that don't even touch on the 2 mentioned in the article, lol.

HOZ THE KNICK
bosh will not be traded if anything the raps are going to try and resigned their franchise player.

stevefrancis
02-02-2009, 11:39 AM
bosh isn't going to the lakers. dam you guys are never satisfied with your team. next year your gonna want lebron right then kg. gasol is what eddy curry could be if he played, a soft big man who can score a lil and thats it. his best days are behind him. hes lucky kobe makes him look good. and the raps are in the east so if they win 5 games in a row they have home court so its not like they are out of it this year just do the marion for o'neal trade already or for iverson. all they need is that wing player that can slash and defend a lil.

jimbobjarree
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Booz and the new yorks 2010 pick for Bosh

lakersrock
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
They would do Bosh + crappy contracts for Gasol + Odom + Farmar.

(That's assuming they believe he really won't resign.)

tkshy
02-02-2009, 12:01 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=91~991~2386~3190~378~497~3039~ 1977~2759~2433~2010~1023&teams=9~28~28~20~20~28~28~20~9~20~9~20&te=&cash=

Why PHI: They get an all-star PF & SF, young SG, back up PG & PF

Why GS: Best 3pt shooter, and Defensive rebounder

Why Tor: Move Bargs to natural PF poistion, adress starting SG & SF holes and a back up PG, plus keep JO for huge salary space in 2010

ink
02-02-2009, 12:01 PM
They would do Bosh + crappy contracts for Gasol + Odom + Farmar.

(That's assuming they believe he really won't resign.)

You're underestimating Gasol's value to the Lakers IMO. I don't think you could find a better fit with Kobe and Bynum than him.

Gup
02-02-2009, 12:06 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Don't surprise me, a Knick fan would have this dumb of an idea

DenButsu
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Here's the video:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3877144

Thread title modified to be more precise.

JordansBulls
02-02-2009, 12:17 PM
I wish. But once Bynum comes back either Bosh or Gasol has to come off the bench, and I don't think either of them would like that.

Umm, he is saying you trade Odom and Bynum for Bosh.

Kaze
02-02-2009, 12:23 PM
To T-Wolves:
Chris Bosh

To Raptors:
Kevin Love
Mike Miller

Works out money-wise, maybe Wolves can toss in a conditional first round or maybe a few 2nd rounders

Why Minni?
This gives the Wolves the BEST front court in the league (wet dreams for kevin mchale) while unclogging the wing position a little bit and allowing their young guys time to play and grow

Why Toronto?
Bargs and Love... perfect compliment to each other, both are great passing big man and I believe Love can develop a decent post game with enough work and also gives toronto the much needed punch on the wing that they need so badly...

JIDsanity
02-02-2009, 12:27 PM
IndyRealist
02-02-2009, 12:31 PM
I realize this is a trade scenario thread, but can we stick to trades that actually make sense? Chris Bosh >>>>>>> Kevin Love + Mike Miller. A Conditional First rounder does not make up for it. An unprotected first rounder? Maybe. Plus Craig Smith. Bosh is an all star and an olympic gold medalist. Anything less and you're undervaluing him.

chicagowhitesox
02-02-2009, 12:35 PM
:drool:

JIDsanity
02-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Bosh to Miami for Beasley, Marion, and draft picks. Then Miami can trade Udonis to the Magic. I don't know if the salaries work, and I'm to lazy to check or care

WadeCounty
02-02-2009, 12:37 PM
if he were to get traded i think the most likely destination for him would be either new york or miami

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Might I remind people this is Stephen A Smith reporting this, the guy has a habbit of making up news more than any other media personality at espn. I dont belive this at all, This aint true unless Bosh or BC comes out and says it to be true.. More stupid speculation by the american media!

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
if he were to get traded i think the most likely destination for him would be either new york or miami

haha new york has nothing at all to offer.. Nothing what so ever..

JIDsanity
02-02-2009, 12:40 PM
I found one that works salary wise, and seems fair to me. Bosh and Jason Kap for Beasley, Marion, Daequan Cook, and a draft pick. Its fair

JIDsanity
02-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Might I remind people this is Stephen A Smith reporting this, the guy has a habbit of making up news more than any other media personality at espn. I dont belive this at all, This aint true unless Bosh or BC comes out and says it to be true.. More stupid speculation by the american media!

Media in general speculates. Don't just single out America

WadeCounty
02-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Bosh to Miami for Beasley, Marion, and draft picks. Then Miami can trade Udonis to the Magic. I don't know if the salaries work, and I'm to lazy to check or care

I dont see the heat trading their most consistent player and hustles for every rebound also their young talented scoring prodigy away for a guy that is going to be a free agent in 2010, shawn marion + any others on the team most likely. Riley always trys to get the better bargain off of trades. Btw the reason I also doubt udonis would be traded is because he's the only guy left wade has been playing with since he came into the league that has remained on the team and feels comfortable playing with. Idk if you recall the game where he demanded the assistant coaches to take magloire out of the game and put in udonis

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Media in general speculates. Don't just single out America

well we are talking about sports media here and espn is one of the worst in the business about speculating. Its no surprise guys like Stephen A Smith says unconfirmed statements like the bosh wants out thing, he clearly has a disliking for anythig Canadian. Stephen A Smith can do us all a favor and walk in front of a bus..

IndyRealist
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM

This one's almost as good as the Bulls trade. If I were in Toronto I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Beasley comes off the bench, Marion plays SF. Do not resign Marion, and Beasley starts next year. Bargs plays C, O'Neal slides to PF.

Calderon/Ukic
Parker/Kopono
Marion/Beasley
O'Neal/Humphries
Bargs/???

WadeCounty
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM

after reading someones comment earlier about bosh being a very interesting chip to call lebrons attention to new york I thought that it did sound like a good idea so i threw NY in there too :P

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 12:49 PM
after reading someones comment earlier about bosh being a very interesting chip to call lebrons attention to new york I thought that it did sound like a good idea so i threw NY in there too :P

why throw them in at all? They have nothing to offer of any value.. No good young players to entice the raptors. Its beside the point. Bosh aint going anywhere..

02-02-2009, 12:53 PM
This one's almost as good as the Bulls trade. If I were in Toronto I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Beasley comes off the bench, Marion plays SF. Do not resign Marion, and Beasley starts next year. Bargs plays C, O'Neal slides to PF.

Calderon/Ukic
Parker/Kopono
Marion/Beasley
O'Neal/Humphries
Bargs/???

I think Miami can add Haslem to the deal and it would actually work out better for the Raps. There is no saying what is going to happen with O'neal's health. Beasley/Banks/Haslem +/- Cook +/- draft pick would work.

JIDsanity
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I dont see the heat trading their most consistent player and hustles for every rebound also their young talented scoring prodigy away for a guy that is going to be a free agent in 2010, shawn marion + any others on the team most likely. Riley always trys to get the better bargain off of trades. Btw the reason I also doubt udonis would be traded is because he's the only guy left wade has been playing with since he came into the league that has remained on the team and feels comfortable playing with. Idk if you recall the game where he demanded the assistant coaches to take magloire out of the game and put in udonis

You can keep him, but you wouldn't have a reason to, unless you bring him off the bench, which would give you a solid back up.

This trade is essentially Beasley for Bosh. I don't see how you wouldn't want to do it, seeing how Beasley probably will be the same as Bosh.

IndyRealist
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM

I don't know about that...

Al Harrington + Quinton Richardson + Stephon Marbury + an UNPROTECTED 1st rounder for Bosh + Jermaine O'Neal. Marbury and Harrington expire this year, lowering their cap by 30 MILLION, and their overall salary by $40M over two years. They get Quinton Richardson + an unprotected draft pick and get rid of O'Neal. New York gets Bosh and gets rid of Marbury.

Calderon/Marbury
Richardson/Parker
Kopono/Moon
Harrington/Humphries
Bargs/????

It sounds decent for both teams, but I doubt New York does this deal. I suspect Amar'e Stoudamire is going to NYK.

JIDsanity
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
well we are talking about sports media here and espn is one of the worst in the business about speculating. Its no surprise guys like Stephen A Smith says unconfirmed statements like the bosh wants out thing, he clearly has a disliking for anythig Canadian. Stephen A Smith can do us all a favor and walk in front of a bus..

I hate ESPN comments too btw I don't believe the rumor for a second, in fact I see a press conference by Bosh coming later today or tomorrow shooting this down.

15carlos21
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM

y anyone but lee and robinson i would trade both of them and picks for bosh

02-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Regardless if the rumors are true or not, the Raps are tremendously under-performing with the roster they have and Bosh has a player option for 2010-2011. Those 2 facts alone should even have a GM like Colangelo thinking about trading Bosh.

WadeCounty
02-02-2009, 01:05 PM
You can keep him, but you wouldn't have a reason to, unless you bring him off the bench, which would give you a solid back up.

This trade is essentially Beasley for Bosh. I don't see how you wouldn't want to do it, seeing how Beasley probably will be the same as Bosh.

the thing is his contract is too short, even with bosh we are a contender but I really doubt we'd win a championship. I wouldnt wanna risk waiting till 2010 and seeing chris bosh leaving the heat knowing if beasley wouldnt have been traded he would still be in miami, besides that what if wade decides to really leave miami? You just lost your 2 biggest players(bosh and wade) and have no one who you can create their own shot or of high value to be traded. Although ofcourse this pales in comparison but if wade leaves atleast you would have beasley =)

Drunk Kosar 19
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
varajeo and szerbiak for bosh

IRUAM #21
02-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Lol

Sixerlover
02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Hah Verajao and Wally

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I really do hate Stephen A Smith

theimortalone
02-02-2009, 01:32 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=91~991~2386~3190~378~497~3039~ 1977~2759~2433~2010~1023&teams=9~28~28~20~20~28~28~20~9~20~9~20&te=&cash=

Why PHI: They get an all-star PF & SF, young SG, back up PG & PF

Why GS: Best 3pt shooter, and Defensive rebounder

Why Tor: Move Bargs to natural PF poistion, adress starting SG & SF holes and a back up PG, plus keep JO for huge salary space in 2010

A 12 player trade will never happen my friend!

BTownTeamsRKing
02-02-2009, 01:32 PM
these deals all suck for toronto. Bosh is the best upcomming PF in the game and u wanna give em Gasol?! lol wow

or marion who is so overated its rediculous. or anything for the knicks haha

Toronto needs to convince him to stay. these deals arent worth anything.

theuuord
02-02-2009, 01:33 PM
A 12 player trade will never happen my friend!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2122976

BTownTeamsRKing
02-02-2009, 01:34 PM
the only fair deal is an Amare for Bosh swap with other players involved to even the deal.

Amare and Barbosa for Bosh.

NykbAlla
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Nobody is going to trade for Bosh. He's an expiring next season. No one is going to give up talent, expirings, and picks for a 1 1/2 year rental unless it's Isiah Thomas

king4day
02-02-2009, 01:57 PM

Yea but the caliber of player were no where near what they'd be if that deal went down.
It looked good for Philly mostly and Golden State as well.

king4day
02-02-2009, 01:59 PM
the only fair deal is an Amare for Bosh swap with other players involved to even the deal.

Amare and Barbosa for Bosh.

I'd only consider that if Bosh signed an extension the second the deal went down. But not for a rental.

theuuord
02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Yea but the caliber of player were no where near what they'd be if that deal went down.
It looked good for Philly mostly and Golden State as well.

that's not what he said though. he said a 12 player trade will never happen. which is incorrect, it's happened twice.

there are a lot of 3-player trades that will never happen too. doesn't mean i'm going to say "a trade with three players will never happen."

Big Quett
02-02-2009, 02:01 PM

Ok and how many of those players are still in the league?

That was a trade full of scrubs and benchwarmers. That really doesnt even count. I mean who really even remembers that trade?

The proposed trade he was talking about actually involved good players and allstars.

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
BC comes out and states that Stephen A Smith does not know what he is talking about..

It's a non-story. Stephen A. got a little carried away. I've e-mailed him to talk about it but he's in bed with the flu. Maybe the basketball Gods have something to do with that. I don't know where that story came from.

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090202.wsptraps0202/GSStory/GlobeSportsBasketball/home

Here is it straight from Bosh himself..

No. No. No, I haven't told him that," Bosh said today after practice.

And just to add another layer of denial, he was asked whether his agent could have made the statement.

"No," he said.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/581034

masalex1205
02-02-2009, 02:30 PM

yes! those damn Americans!

what the heck are yout alking about?

Hellcrooner
02-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Do any of you realize what happens when a player says HE wants out and that he wont resing and has an expiring next year?

Go make some google and see what did former teams get when thats the case.

see Kareem trade, Barkley Trade, Webber Trade, Carter trade, Shaq Trade, Iverson to Nuggets trade.

Youngsters , expirings , declining players and some pick thats all you get in those cases.

and about Bosh being better than Gasol, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bosh has No court Vision and is even SoFTER than Gasol in Defense.

ink
02-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Another thread started after Colangelo and Bosh responded.