PDA

View Full Version : is this the end of the pistons

lakersfan211
02-02-2009, 12:47 AM
6 straight ecf apperences ,2 finals apperences ,1 championship but now it seems like that was a long time ago ,now these pistons are a shell of their former selfs ,withount billups really hurt them i beleive will trade half their team next year and start from scratch what you think.

GoatMilk
02-02-2009, 12:48 AM
yeah, they're done
Rip/Sheed/AI all will be gone in summer

time to rebuild around Tayshaun and Stuckey

lakers4sho
02-02-2009, 12:51 AM
I don't see "it" in Rasheed anymore. Maxiell is trying but him alone isn't enough.

They need a good big man to stir things up. Or else it's pretty much over for them.

Sox Appeal
02-02-2009, 12:57 AM
yeah, they're done
Rip/Sheed/AI all will be gone in summer

time to rebuild around Tayshaun and Stuckey

I'm not sure if Rip will be gone when next season starts. I know there's been some rumors about him being unhappy in Detroit, and frankly I don't blame him. He's played a major role in our success over the years, and he deserves to start. But with AI leaving at the end of the season, he'll be able to take the SG role over again without a problem.

AI and Rasheed though, I think you're right, they're both as good as gone. We have Amir Johnson who the Pistons are hoping can be their PF of the future, and with the plethora of guards the Pistons already have, there's no reason to keep AI around.

lakers4sho
02-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Didn't they sign Rip for a long term deal?? If yes, then I don't see him leaving soon.

JordansBulls
02-02-2009, 01:00 AM
6 straight ecf apperences ,2 finals apperences ,1 championship but now it seems like that was a long time ago ,now these pistons are a shell of their former selfs ,withount billups really hurt them i beleive will trade half their team next year and start from scratch what you think.

We won't know until the playoffs. They are in the same boat as the Suns and Mavs now. Meaning great for years, but time is coming to an end.

Sport
02-02-2009, 01:05 AM
I really thought that the Iverson/Billups trade would ruin them.

They do have a star in the making in Stuckey though, and although the East is slowly getting more competitive, I still see them being "playoff material" the next few years. Depending on how the draft and who they sign/lose in FA.

Big Zo
02-02-2009, 02:17 AM
The end of the Pistons was '05...

BigSteve
02-02-2009, 02:25 AM
The Pistons are fine. They made these moves so they could reload and be back to being a contender in a few years. They have a solid young core and a truckload of money available in these two big free agent offseasons. Dumars blew up the team the way he did so they could rebuild on the fly.

Missing56&33
02-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Dumars should have never broke up that championship team. I know they came up short in the Finals and conf finals three years after winning it all but they had good chemistry and all they had to do is add a player or two and they would be right back in the finals again. But Dumars messed this team up, they look terrible, and AI is uninspired

Trouble87
02-02-2009, 03:47 AM
I think that team had its shot and it failed

When Big Ben left that team it just wasnt the same... they lacked intensity

Dumars trading Mr Big Shot was a flat out mistake.... How do u trade unselfish team player like Billups for a guy like AI. Dont get me wrong AI is great... but you put a team around AI not put AI in a already built team.

In a perfect world they need to trade Sheed for Amare (plus Robin Lopez) and go for a championship

(and why did they sign Kwame Brown?! ... his agent must be GOD himself. How does he keep getting paid to be sub par NBA player.)

Kyle916
02-02-2009, 04:06 AM
Done

Sport
02-02-2009, 04:10 AM
I think that team had its shot and it failed

When Big Ben left that team it just wasnt the same... they lacked intensity

Dumars trading Mr Big Shot was a flat out mistake.... How do u trade unselfish team player like Billups for a guy like AI. Dont get me wrong AI is great... but you put a team around AI not put AI in a already built team.

In a perfect world they need to trade Sheed for Amare (plus Robin Lopez) and go for a championship

(and why did they sign Kwame Brown?! ... his agent must be GOD himself. How does he keep getting paid to be sub par NBA player.)

In a VERY perfect and highly drugged up world, you mean?

Haha, there is no way Wallace for Amare/Lopez is a fair deal.

Lakersfan2483
02-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Detroit needs a better coach and the guys need to play with more passion and intensity, it seems to be lacking this year. I don't think they will make any noise in the playoffs. I think they made the Iverson move to free up cap space for next year and also had the hope that maybe it would work for a year.

Trouble87
02-02-2009, 05:01 AM
In a VERY perfect and highly drugged up world, you mean?

Haha, there is no way Wallace for Amare/Lopez is a fair deal.

Phx gets a large expiring contract...

Det gets a solid low post scorer who would compliment Rip & Prince

Talent wise its not fair but I dont think its that bad.... and lets not forget Steve Kerr is running ***** over there.

Phoenix where bad trades happen

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2009, 05:06 AM
Phx gets a large expiring contract...

Det gets a solid low post scorer who would compliment Rip & Prince

Talent wise its not fair but I dont think its that bad.... and lets not forget Steve Kerr is running ***** over there.

Phoenix where bad trades happen

what are you smoking??? suns get raped in that trade. who trades a 26yr old all star PF and a young rookie for an expiring. seriousley use your common sense

JordansBulls
02-02-2009, 09:19 AM
The end of the Pistons was '05...

They won 64 games the next year and made the conference finals.

$ NyC $
02-02-2009, 10:27 AM
i def. think that its time 4 the Pistons 2 rebuild while they still can. They have a great young foursome made up of Prince, Johnson, Stuckey, and Maxiell. While they still have value, i think A.I Sheed and McDyess should be traded for draft picks and other young players. They got a lot of value on their team that can be turned into nice young talent. They'll have a off rebuilding year and then they should be good again. I think Dyess and Hamilton should maybe stay not sure.

bagwell368
02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
they were on the way out, AI gave them a big push. Maxiel and 26 wins is what '09-'10 holds.

Big Zo
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
They won 64 games the next year and made the conference finals.

...And got their ***** handed to them by the Heat! Woot!

what54!?
02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
The pistons are focusing on the future. Their semi-rebuilding. This trade was made for two reasons.

1st: joe thought A.I. might be able to get the pistons over the hump this year but I guess he can't.

2nd: If A.I. couldn't do it the pistons would have cap space to build for the future.