PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic Thread

Pages : [1] 2

marketgod
01-06-2006, 03:58 AM
I use to be a Mavs fan... until Nash left...

now im a PHX fan more...

and ofcourse a fan of the team that wins the NBA championship every year...

hehehehe

BlondeBomber41
01-06-2006, 04:43 AM
I use to be a Mavs fan... until Nash left...

now im a PHX fan more...

and ofcourse a fan of the team that wins the NBA championship every year...

hehehehe

Oh Nash can blow me for all I care. The Mavs are better off without his no defense playing self. He can go look flashy and aww the crowd in PHX all he wants to.

HRF747
01-06-2006, 11:20 AM
I'll take Nash night in and night out... :D

BlondeBomber41
01-06-2006, 07:08 PM
I'll take Nash night in and night out... :D

and your team will never really go anywhere...:D

HTownHeadbussa
01-07-2006, 01:23 PM

Didn't they spank u guys in the playoffs last year?

BIG_BAD_WOLF
01-07-2006, 02:38 PM

Schedule yourself an eye exam, pronto. Nash is showign once again why he's the MVP. The Suns are 22-11 and absolutely blew Shaq and the Heat out of the building last night. Nash is one of those rare superstars who makes everyone around him better regardless of who they are. Take Amare, Joe Johnson and Richardson away and insert a bunch of scrubs, and Nash still wins. Pat Riley gave Nash the ultimate compliment last night by saying he is the new Magic Johnson. If anyone knows that level of greatness, it's the Riley who coached Magic to all those championships. Phx are a .600 team without Amare so imagine how much stronger the team is when he comes back. IMO, the only team that stands in their way are the Spurs. I think Phx could beat Detriot in a 7 game series.

BlondeBomber41
01-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Schedule yourself an eye exam, pronto. Nash is showign once again why he's the MVP. The Suns are 22-11 and absolutely blew Shaq and the Heat out of the building last night. Nash is one of those rare superstars who makes everyone around him better regardless of who they are. Take Amare, Joe Johnson and Richardson away and insert a bunch of scrubs, and Nash still wins. Pat Riley gave Nash the ultimate compliment last night by saying he is the new Magic Johnson. If anyone knows that level of greatness, it's the Riley who coached Magic to all those championships. Phx are a .600 team without Amare so imagine how much stronger the team is when he comes back. IMO, the only team that stands in their way are the Spurs. I think Phx could beat Detriot in a 7 game series.

No they def couldnt. The Suns have no shot at getting that far anyways because they cant get by the Spurs and really no longer can get by the Mavs. The Mavs have improved across the board from last year and Phoenix lost too much talent. You can say all you want about PHX having a good record right now but they have played far more home games than any other team in the league. They gotta play on the road eventually.

Nice how you forgot to mention that Dwayne Wade didnt play last night. That would change everything around quite a bit.

HTownHeadbussa
01-07-2006, 06:41 PM
The Suns can beat the Mavs but can't beat the Spurs and definitely can't beat the Pistons. The Finals did go seven games last year and I think Detroit is the team to beat this year and is better with Flip as their coach; Brown is overrated for sure.

BlondeBomber41
01-08-2006, 12:30 AM
The Suns can beat the Mavs but can't beat the Spurs and definitely can't beat the Pistons. The Finals did go seven games last year and I think Detroit is the team to beat this year and is better with Flip as their coach; Brown is overrated for sure.

The Suns cant beat the Mavs anymore. They lost too much talent. They lost what made them special, which was an incredible offensive game. For one, Amare wont be the same this year because of his injury/surgery, and Raja Bell and James Jones are good backups but just cant fill the void of Johnson and Richardson.

HRF747
01-08-2006, 01:17 AM

Never say never... aRen't you guys are the only team in Texas that haven't win the title...

HRF747
01-08-2006, 01:22 AM
The Suns cant beat the Mavs anymore. They lost too much talent. They lost what made them special, which was an incredible offensive game. For one, Amare wont be the same this year because of his injury/surgery, and Raja Bell and James Jones are good backups but just cant fill the void of Johnson and Richardson.

ANYMORE??? you're talking only this season right??? The Mavs barely beat the Suns without Amare...

marketgod
01-08-2006, 03:25 AM
okay the Phx and Miami game is a hard one to call sure it was a blow out but...both teams were missing key players...although with Wade out... it was even bigger for Miami...since Phx has the depth...

anyone watch todays game Phx and S.A

dang Phx is just rolling...

I would trade everyone single one of our guards for Nash...

Dallas is 25-9 now so they are just trucking along too...

BlondeBomber41
01-08-2006, 06:28 PM
okay the Phx and Miami game is a hard one to call sure it was a blow out but...both teams were missing key players...although with Wade out... it was even bigger for Miami...since Phx has the depth...

anyone watch todays game Phx and S.A

dang Phx is just rolling...

I would trade everyone single one of our guards for Nash...

Dallas is 25-9 now so they are just trucking along too...

Exactly. The Mavs are BETTER without Nash. Look at all the defensive numbers in the years with and without Nash and the offense hasnt skipped a beat. Still score alot and now can stop people better than before. How can anyone say they arent better?

Devils05
01-08-2006, 06:38 PM
This is where posts will go when they get off topic from the thread they are in. You can also chat about random stuff that isn't related to Rockets if you want.

Hazard
01-08-2006, 07:27 PM
This is where posts will go when they get off topic from the thread they are in. You can also chat about random stuff that isn't related to Rockets if you want.
Modelling after the Lakers forum? :) Hehe.

HTownHeadbussa
01-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Since this is an off-topic thread, what do you guys think about Vince Young declaring for the NFL draft? Who do the Texans draft now after his Rose Bowl performance? Vince is a hometwon guy and would LOVE to play for the Texans but Reggie is still a great pick as well. I would post this in the Texans forum but like the Mavs forum, its pretty weak. :D

HRF747
01-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Exactly. The Mavs are BETTER without Nash. Look at all the defensive numbers in the years with and without Nash and the offense hasnt skipped a beat. Still score alot and now can stop people better than before. How can anyone say they arent better?

Because Johnson is more defensive minded coach than Nelson...

HRF747
01-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Since this is an off-topic thread, what do you guys think about Vince Young declaring for the NFL draft? Who do the Texans draft now after his Rose Bowl performance? Vince is a hometwon guy and would LOVE to play for the Texans but Reggie is still a great pick as well. I would post this in the Texans forum but like the Mavs forum, its pretty weak. :D

Can we take both? LOLZ.... I think Texans need Reggie Bush than Young...

FOBolous
01-09-2006, 12:10 AM
blondbomber...have it ever hit you that the Mavs aren't really going anywhere either?

and have you forgotten which team beat Dallas last year in the playoffs?

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 01:55 AM

Like I have said a million times before, if they stop bringing up Mavs stuff then I never do. Its always someone else that starts the Mavs talk, never me.

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 01:57 AM
blondbomber...have it ever hit you that the Mavs aren't really going anywhere either?

and have you forgotten which team beat Dallas last year in the playoffs?

The Mavs are really going anywhere? How do you know that? They have close to the best record in the league... do you know anything about basketball?

Who cares about what happens in the past. That doesnt mean we were a better team with Nash. Like I said check the numbers on defense and offense and tell me if we are better now or back then.

mp816
01-09-2006, 02:00 AM
Take Amare, Joe Johnson and Richardson away and insert a bunch of scrubs, and Nash still wins.

Nash is good, but not that good. I mean, look what happened with the Mavs. :D

mp816
01-09-2006, 02:02 AM
No they def couldnt. The Suns have no shot at getting that far anyways because they cant get by the Spurs and really no longer can get by the Mavs.

The Suns just beat the Spurs, and if your going to throw that Wade didnt play thing, Im sure if Amare played the same result would have ensued. Nash's suns made the heat look like the Hawks out there.

The Mavs are awful, I mean they must be if they get spanked twice by the Lakers. :rolleyes:

marketgod
01-09-2006, 04:35 AM
Nash is my BOY!!!!!

the only thing I hated about Dallas when Nash was with them is you would see him break down his guy drive into the paint... draw two more defenders...

he would pass the ball usually out to a guy who was hugging the 3 point line... and a shot would be taken....

every time im thinking what a waste...

now ofcourse he does do that alot with Phx... but the biggest difference... is now he has two very good big men in...Stoudemire and Marion to dish it too for easy buckets...

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 06:04 AM
The Suns just beat the Spurs, and if your going to throw that Wade didnt play thing, Im sure if Amare played the same result would have ensued. Nash's suns made the heat look like the Hawks out there.

The Mavs are awful, I mean they must be if they get spanked twice by the Lakers. :rolleyes:

Yeah they had one bad game and one that came down to the last few seconds against the Lakers. Not getting spanked.

How about the fact that the Mavs beat the Pistons by 37 or the Spurs by 19? Or the fact they havent lost to Phoenix this year or to the Miami Heat. They have convincingly beat the Pacers twice. Every team that was/is suppose to be a contender the Mavs have beat, and beaten convincingly. Not to mention there has been only two games this year the Mavs werent missing one of their top 8 players in the rotation. Dont say idiotic things.

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 06:05 AM
Nash is my BOY!!!!!

the only thing I hated about Dallas when Nash was with them is you would see him break down his guy drive into the paint... draw two more defenders...

he would pass the ball usually out to a guy who was hugging the 3 point line... and a shot would be taken....

every time im thinking what a waste...

now ofcourse he does do that alot with Phx... but the biggest difference... is now he has two very good big men in...Stoudemire and Marion to dish it too for easy buckets...

I dont know how you can say anything bad about how the Mavs offense was at the time... them and Sacramento were dominating the rest of the league when it came to scoring. The offense was never a problem...

mp816
01-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah they had one bad game and one that came down to the last few seconds against the Lakers. Not getting spanked.

How about the fact that the Mavs beat the Pistons by 37 or the Spurs by 19? Or the fact they havent lost to Phoenix this year or to the Miami Heat. They have convincingly beat the Pacers twice. Every team that was/is suppose to be a contender the Mavs have beat, and beaten convincingly. Not to mention there has been only two games this year the Mavs werent missing one of their top 8 players in the rotation. Dont say idiotic things.

Yeah, watever, the Mavs are always like this. Look hot and look good during the season, come playoffs your going to get spanked as usual. Face it, you were never a contender, Mavs = Pretenders.

FOBolous
01-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Yeah, watever, the Mavs are always like this. Look hot and look good during the season, come playoffs your going to get spanked as usual. Face it, you were never a contender, Mavs = Pretenders.

lol..so true. it's like this every season, accept it blondbomber, the mavs aren't going anywhere no matter what you say.

marketgod
01-09-2006, 09:39 AM
I dont know how you can say anything bad about how the Mavs offense was at the time... them and Sacramento were dominating the rest of the league when it came to scoring. The offense was never a problem...

I would be thinking... that is alot of work for Nash to do.. just to get a player an open look 20 plus feet from the basket...

not saying anything wrong with the offense...in fact I would say they had the best offense and were the best shooting team by far...

however I would add...my theory... why Dallas never won in those years... a shooting team like Dallas... defense would get tighter against them...the players themselves would tighten up...and the basket would seem to get smaller for these shooters...as they entered and advanced in the playoffs...

Tmac to da rack
01-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Nash>>>>>>>>>>terry

Tmac to da rack
01-09-2006, 11:17 AM
The Mavs are really going anywhere? How do you know that? They have close to the best record in the league... do you know anything about basketball?

Who cares about what happens in the past. That doesnt mean we were a better team with Nash. Like I said check the numbers on defense and offense and tell me if we are better now or back then.

It's time to shut down this mavs fan once in for all, get it straight mavs got better in defense not because nash left but because mavs hired avery johnson and fired a no defensive minded coach nelson, and the offense #'s well nash didnt have a josh howard that can ball like this yr or a daniels type of player who can hit the shots, and the fact is as long as san antonio is in the west mavs and the rest of the west teams aing going no where this season. Nash>>>>>>>>>.terry

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 06:02 PM
You are all ignorant. You are trying to compare this Mavs team to the Mavs team that was around 2 or 3 years ago, but the only player left from those days is Dirk! I guess by yalls theory the Rockets are the same team they were three years ago because Yao was around....

The roster is completely different, so your arguement that the mavs have always been this type of team is absolutely ridiculous. This is a totally different team, SO FORGET ABOUT THE DAYS OF NASH AND FINLEY! God you people drive me nuts with your analogys that make no damn sense.

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 06:07 PM

like i said, completely and totally ignorant to the way the team is now. We were never a contender? What about the year we went to the WCF and took the Spurs to 6 games without Dirk playing? He got injured in game two. The Mavs had won game one.

Wanna know what is different instead of being ignorant? These Mavs are in the top ten of most defensive categories this season. Rebounding, blocked shots, opponents ppg. So until yall learn some facts and watch a game every now and then shut up with this trying to act like yall know what you are talking about when it comes to the Mavs.

marketgod
01-09-2006, 06:16 PM
why are we bashing Dallas? id say they are a dark horse team to win it...

no one is even talking about Dallas... which has very good record so far this year...

if Dallas makes it to the finals im voting for them over any eastern team...

Tmac to da rack
01-09-2006, 07:00 PM
like i said, completely and totally ignorant to the way the team is now. We were never a contender? What about the year we went to the WCF and took the Spurs to 6 games without Dirk playing? He got injured in game two. The Mavs had won game one.

Wanna know what is different instead of being ignorant? These Mavs are in the top ten of most defensive categories this season. Rebounding, blocked shots, opponents ppg. So until yall learn some facts and watch a game every now and then shut up with this trying to act like yall know what you are talking about when it comes to the Mavs.

dont get me wrong here im just arguing the point where you said your better off without nash, thats just the stupidest quote from you ever, if ya'll had nash over terry, ya would definately be a great team, with avery johnson and his defensive mind, and with nash running the offense. Just dont see why you say ya'll better of with out nash

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 07:01 PM
why are we bashing Dallas? id say they are a dark horse team to win it...

no one is even talking about Dallas... which has very good record so far this year...

if Dallas makes it to the finals im voting for them over any eastern team...

its all this crap about dallas not really having a shot cuz they choke and cant play defense and blah blah blah. Stuff no one really knows a clue about.

Tmac to da rack
01-09-2006, 07:02 PM
once again quit over hyping your team, as long as the spurs are in the west no ones going to beat them this year

yen
01-09-2006, 07:05 PM
dude blonde <b>stfu</b> please no 1 wants to hear u cry and nag and always talk about ur mavs. I'm sorry but everytime u say something it seems like ur only trying to boosh ur ego and be a d1ck. Honostly get of out his forum and leave to another one b/c i honostly think no one likes you so please why dont u go bath dirk or something..please?

Tmac to da rack
01-09-2006, 07:10 PM
lol, i dont agree with yen, i mean blonde is kool for saying stupid things like mavs are better off with out nash, but seriously why did you join this forum if all your going to do is respond back to the ppl hating on your mavs, just ignore them and say what you have to say about the rox and give us your opinion otherwise if you want to talk about your mavs go to the mavs forum

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 07:29 PM
dude blonde <b>stfu</b> please no 1 wants to hear u cry and nag and always talk about ur mavs. I'm sorry but everytime u say something it seems like ur only trying to boosh ur ego and be a d1ck. Honostly get of out his forum and leave to another one b/c i honostly think no one likes you so please why dont u go bath dirk or something..please?

Oh shut the hell up you dont know what or who you are talking about, you have 6 freakin posts. What does it mean to boosh my ego anyways? Childish people like you are the ones we dont need in this forum.

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 07:33 PM
lol, i dont agree with yen, i mean blonde is kool for saying stupid things like mavs are better off with out nash, but seriously why did you join this forum if all your going to do is respond back to the ppl hating on your mavs, just ignore them and say what you have to say about the rox and give us your opinion otherwise if you want to talk about your mavs go to the mavs forum

Its not a stupid thing to say the Mavs are better off with Nash. If you watched a Mavs game everyonce in awhile and if you looked at the numbers you would see it. Im not the only one who thinks this by the way. 90 percent of people in Dallas and most of the ESPN analyst feel the same way. Wanna know the only regret mostly anyone in Dallas that has a clue about basketball has about letting Nash walk? Its that we didnt get anything in return for an all star point guard. We could of traded him but didnt, and then he walked and the mavs didnt get a player in return. That is the only bad thing that came out of it. Our offense is still great but our defense is a top ten defense now. The Mavs are better off without Nash. Period.

FOBolous
01-09-2006, 08:13 PM
lol...no matter what you say blond, the mavs won't ever have a shot at the finals. especially with Nowitzki. He's useless in the playoffs.

yen
01-09-2006, 08:43 PM
lol...no matter what you say blond, the mavs won't ever have a shot at the finals. especially with Nowitzki. He's useless in the playoffs.

yes and thankyou

BIG_BAD_WOLF
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
The fact that Blondie is so easily rattled when anyone doubts the Mavs are a good indication and he knows they are a pretender. If he believed otherwise those comments would have no effect. I think he's tyring to convince himself as much as anyone else that they are good. In reality though, as long as they are lead by a 7ft prancing goldielocks who limpwrists up 3pt shots, they aren't going anywhere. A jumpshooting big isn't worth jack chit come playoff time. The real bigs with dominance inside the paint own the playoffs: the Wallaces, Duncan, and Shaq. Everyone else in the league is playing for 4th place.

yen
01-09-2006, 09:43 PM
The fact that Blondie is so easily rattled when anyone doubts the Mavs are a good indication and he knows they are a pretender. If he believed otherwise those comments would have no effect. I think he's tyring to convince himself as much as anyone else that they are good. In reality though, as long as they are lead by a 7ft prancing goldielocks who limpwrists up 3pt shots, they aren't going anywhere. A jumpshooting big isn't worth jack chit come playoff time. The real bigs with dominance inside the paint own the playoffs: the Wallaces, Duncan, and Shaq. Everyone else in the league is playing for 4th place.

OMG LOL SOMEONE COULDN'T BE MORE CLEAR I'm sorry to say blonde but dirk is not a guy to build a team around.

run4sun1988
01-09-2006, 09:49 PM
you forgot about Yao.

BIG_BAD_WOLF
01-09-2006, 10:05 PM
you forgot about Yao.

It'd take a miracle for the Rockets to make the playoffs this season. Tmac and Yao need role players who can contribute....something...the absolute minimum. I can't wait to see the useless century worth of combined age in Moochie, DA, Barry and Wesley GONE after this season. I'd like to see CD get something for those expiring contracts but even if that doesn't happen the rockets still come out ahead next season.

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2006, 10:33 PM

No it doesnt bother me what yall say. I know what is right. What annoys me is that yall actually think you know what you are talking about. Dirk only gets better in the playoffs every year, except for the Houston series last year. Every other series his numbers go up across the board.

Shut up with your jumpshooting big man arguement, i already proved you wrong on that one when you tried to say that is the reason why Malone and Kemp and Patrick Ewing didnt win a title. Yall can all gang up on me and its expected, you are rockets fans and your team is losing ALOT so yall gotta try to make other fans feel crappy like yall do but you dont know anything about the Mavs. You are just another ignorant moron who uses cliches about how the mavs played three years ago and applies them to the current team. The Mavs are one of the best teams in the league at getting points in the paint, because they have athletes and Dirk who slash and get layups, dunks, and high percentage shots. The Mavs are dominant in the paint, they just dont have a dominant MVP type post player. You dont know anything about how Dirk plays anymore and Im sorry the Rockets are having a rough season, i like them, but you make yourself look dumb to other people who arent biased Rockets fans. You try to spout generalitys and cliches that all the people that really dont know anything about certain things about basketball spout.

BIG_BAD_WOLF
01-09-2006, 11:46 PM
The Mavs are dominant in the paint, they just dont have a dominant MVP type post player.

Which is why I don't like the Mavs chances in the playoffs. Sorry, but Dampier is a joke and Dirk plays like a guard. Dirks jumpshooting isn't enough unless teams start unexplicably doubling him on the perimeter, or if he averages 60% shooting. I'm not saying the Mavs aren't a good team, or that Dirk isn't a phenomenal player. I'm just saying the reality is you don't win championships without a dominant inside presence. The reality is the championship is a 3, maybe 4 team race if Amare comes back healthy.

You never shattered my big man argument before. You showed why MJ is considered the greatest player in league history.

BlondeBomber41
01-10-2006, 03:58 AM
Which is why I don't like the Mavs chances in the playoffs. Sorry, but Dampier is a joke and Dirk plays like a guard. Dirks jumpshooting isn't enough unless teams start unexplicably doubling him on the perimeter, or if he averages 60% shooting. I'm not saying the Mavs aren't a good team, or that Dirk isn't a phenomenal player. I'm just saying the reality is you don't win championships without a dominant inside presence. The reality is the championship is a 3, maybe 4 team race if Amare comes back healthy.

You never shattered my big man argument before. You showed why MJ is considered the greatest player in league history.

But Dirk scores more than any other those other dominant post players and shoots damn good percentages, especially at the ft line, were he is 90 percent. No other big man who you mentioned shoots over 70 percent. Dirk is a great rebounder, an extremely underrated defender and shot blocker, (he had 7 blks the other night) and leads the league on the Nestle crunch time performer rankings on NBA.com. Dirk is the reason why the Mavs are contenders, not the reason why they are not.

Yes I did shatter your big man arguement. You tried to tell me the reason why Ewing and Kemp and Malone didnt get titles was because they are jump shooting big men. No the reason why they didnt was because Michael Jordan was around. Malone especially would of got his if MJ wasnt around. By the way isnt Rasheed Wallace a jump shooting big man? He and Ben Wallace together dont put up the offensive numbers Dirk does as a jump shooting big man. Not to mention I hate that term, because if you watch a Mavs game you will see he spends 90% of his time within 10 to 15 feet of the basket. He isnt Peja or Vladamir Radmanovic. The guy spends the majority of his time near the basket so the jump shooting big man thing is wrong. Yes he has an excellent jumpshot but that is nothing but a plus.

Tmac to da rack
01-10-2006, 10:53 AM
all blondie talks about is dirks offense and offense and offense, bla bla bla, offense doesnt win championships defense does, and ever sinse the 90's every team that won the championship had a great great defender, bulls=mj rox=hakeem, spurs=robinson & duncan, det=ben wallace and the great other defenders, prince, sheed then spurs again duncan,manu so where do the mavs land? dirk? lmaoooooooo no chance in hell your team is going to win this yr, unless ya trade dirk for kg then ya'll may have a chance.

marketgod
01-10-2006, 11:01 AM
hahaha... I just love the back and forth on this...

this is the Off-Topic Thread...BlondeBomber41 should at the very least be allowed to talk about anything he wants here... instead of being told to go to another forum...

thats just a weak argument...

shehzar167
01-10-2006, 01:49 PM
welll even though i hate to agree with blondie...there team is just amazing this year..is good in defense and good on offense...HISTORY does take a matter in the play offs...but some year the curse thing do end...they have the same oriented game play but a diff coach ...whose voice mite just crack any body up :D but whose voice has made a dallas pretending team into a respectful playofff team...not CONTENDING YET...because we have to see that in the playooffs where their game changes and all this talk comes from because during the season its a whole nother ball game...
THE STEVE NASH THING
i will agree with all rockets fans on it becuase if u did have him now...look at the team....DAMP..NOWITZ..DANIELS..HOWARD..HARRIS.STAC K..VAN HORN...and top of that this team is playing defense...if all these guys are out there busting their arse...why wouldnt stevie wont join the club ..why would he not play defense.....IS HE A CANCER...heck no...for a mvp point..his game has changed completly from dallas to phnx..yes he is a flashy passer and the man but he has the team to do something with...and with the most powerful energetic..domintaion youngsta who has been unstoppable last season in stoudamire out...THEY ARE STILL THE division leaders...with who MARION..he does have other role players but nothing biggger...ur team has 5 more biggies...and u are telling me that steve would have suked in dallas now..HARD TO BELIEVE..

shehzar167
01-10-2006, 01:55 PM
SINCE THIS IS A OFF TOPIC
:D
i wana talk about last season...
we made changes last year ..for oldies....i think we went to early to be contenders ...realli early...we had vets.so many of em...if they played reasonably good last year....we should expect them to be decent this year...but we can doubt that but not think they will expect the same this year even though the team is better..they all are way past thier prime...thier level of game is just going lower..age is taking affect...
we were the oldest mofo team in the nba but i think cd should have had some more youngsta in the team...because when things go rong like now...they can help...thats why luther is a big help this year because he can run..he can shoot and is a big help to tmac when they run the floor...so my theory is that...the rockets should have beeen younger in age from last year...there would have been better in the long run...

shehzar167
01-10-2006, 02:00 PM
and what i do hate but dont mind is that.....the MUTOMBO AND ADRIAN GRIFFIN TRADE WITH ERIC PIATSCOWI...i cant pronounce his last name:D
we got the center that would have helped the rox...
it was a good trade for us...better than chicago..from what they got...and obviousli guys like adri g and eric p werent the guys jvg wanted and got rid of em....BUT I THINK jvg and cd should have one more BAD TRADE TO THEIR LIST...BECAUSE what i am hating is that ..that spark that arian griffin gaave them hated rivals of ours...obviousli the adrain griff signin with dallas...we couldnt help...but i am just hating that...and i am coming to a conclusion that we have A BAD GM
fo sho
what to u think

BIG_BAD_WOLF
01-10-2006, 02:26 PM
But Dirk scores more than any other those other dominant post players and shoots damn good percentages, especially at the ft line, were he is 90 percent. No other big man who you mentioned shoots over 70 percent. Dirk is a great rebounder, an extremely underrated defender and shot blocker, (he had 7 blks the other night) and leads the league on the Nestle crunch time performer rankings on NBA.com. Dirk is the reason why the Mavs are contenders, not the reason why they are not.

Would Shaq or Duncan ever be held to 30% shooting by a 1ppg/1rpg scrub who is 4 inches shorter? :rolleyes: Those big man don't average 70% b/c they are doubled and even Tripled teamed. Thats the entire key to dominating a game is the ability to force the opposition to run half the team at you or kill them if they don't. If teams played Shaq and Duncan straight up they'd be shooting 70% or averaging over 35ppg. Dirk is maxing out at 45-50% vs single coverage. If it's smothering single coverage defense then he is dipping down in the 30's like he did vs Ryan Bowen in the playoffs. There's a difference between getting 25ppg vs one defender as opposed to getting 25ppg vs two or more defenders. If teams doubled Dirk he'd probably struggle to reach 10pts on 25% shooting. Dirk is like Webber was with the Kings, like Kemp was with the Sonics or like JO is with Indiana. An allstar jump shooting big who may fast break and jump shoot his team to nice regular season records but will crumble in the postseason b/c he lacks the ability to dominate and open the court for his teammates by drawing double and triple teams.

BlondeBomber41
01-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Would Shaq or Duncan ever be held to 30% shooting by a 1ppg/1rpg scrub who is 4 inches shorter? :rolleyes: Those big man don't average 70% b/c they are doubled and even Tripled teamed. Thats the entire key to dominating a game is the ability to force the opposition to run half the team at you or kill them if they don't. If teams played Shaq and Duncan straight up they'd be shooting 70% or averaging over 35ppg. Dirk is maxing out at 45-50% vs single coverage. If it's smothering single coverage defense then he is dipping down in the 30's like he did vs Ryan Bowen in the playoffs. There's a difference between getting 25ppg vs one defender as opposed to getting 25ppg vs two or more defenders. If teams doubled Dirk he'd probably struggle to reach 10pts on 25% shooting. Dirk is like Webber was with the Kings, like Kemp was with the Sonics or like JO is with Indiana. An allstar jump shooting big who may fast break and jump shoot his team to nice regular season records but will crumble in the postseason b/c he lacks the ability to dominate and open the court for his teammates by drawing double and triple teams.

Thats ridiculous, the guy has one bad series and you try to label him as someone who folds in the playoffs. Go to NBA.com and look up Dirks all time playoff stats. EVERY SINGLE category rises. Dirk does his best work in the playoffs, he doesnt "crumple". The reason why the Mavs have had trouble is because the supporting cast hasnt been able to stop anyone on a consistent basis. Now the whole starting lineup and most of the bench are good defenders. Terry and Harris are lighting quick and can guard any other PG in the league. I didnt say shut them down, but just play good defense. Marquis Daniels and Jerry Stackhouse. Daniels is an excellent defender with long arms who constantly gets steals, and Stack isnt a bad defender who is used as an offensive punch off of the bench. Josh Howard and Adrian Griffin, two of the best defenders in the NBA. Josh Howard got defensive player of the year votes last year, while the only reason Griffin has a job in the NBA is because of his excellent defense. Dirk and Van Horn is the weakness of our Defense if you had to say there is one, but Dirk has improved greatly this year. I just went and looked it up, and only 3 big men have scored 20 against the Mavericks all season. Mehmet Okur, Pau Gasol, Jermaine Oneal and Yao Ming. The Mavs held Duncan to 14 pts one game and 18 in the other. Held Jermaine Oneal to 15 pts the next week after he scored 25 in a game. They held Gasol to 13 pts after he had a 36 pt game against the Mavericks. Yao had only 20, and TMac wasnt around so he should be scoring more than that. The point im trying to make here is that the Mavs stop big men, they have good post defense. Dirk plays hard defense, and between Damp and Diop, they have a great shot blocking, rebounding force in the middle.

The New Era
01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Why is everyone talking smack on the Mavs like they suck balls???

They have the 3rd best record in the league, .5 games behind the Spurs.

To quote Steve Kerr : " These aren't your father's Mavs, or even your older brother's. They are holding opponents to 94.3 points per game on 44.5 percent shooting. "

Give some props. Don't take out your aggression on the Mavs because the Rockets blow.....;)

Tmac to da rack
01-10-2006, 05:41 PM
lmaoooo she picked an elephant over the moon? she is an idiot, dont know what a kettle is but the moon is pretty big, is that your wife blondie? quote by blondie"were better off with out nash" idiot

BIG_BAD_WOLF
01-10-2006, 06:19 PM
lmaoooo she picked an elephant over the moon? she is an idiot, dont know what a kettle is but the moon is pretty big

Yeah, but New Era is still proud of his momma for trying.

run4sun1988
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
lmaoooo she picked an elephant over the moon? she is an idiot, dont know what a kettle is but the moon is pretty big, is that your wife blondie? quote by blondie"were better off with out nash" idiot
you have gone alittle over board. Nobody was making mocking him. The quote you found, it's not dumb, you just made youself look alittle bad.

Tmac to da rack
01-10-2006, 06:28 PM
so you agree with blonde that mavs are better off without nash ?

BlondeBomber41
01-10-2006, 08:21 PM

So tell me something that the Mavs dont do considerably better now that nash is gone? Nash is perfect for the way the Suns team is set up but wouldnt nearly put up those numbers with the Mavs. Nash's best year was 14 pts and 8 assist as a Mav, not even close to the stats he put up with the Suns. The Suns have the perfect roster to compliment what Nash does, the Mavericks dont. The Mavs arent built on offense anymore, they are built on playing defense. Nash couldnt, Terry and Harris can. The team is still scoring at a high rate while playing great D, something that Nash always made nearly impossilbe. He is a defensive liability. Saying that Nash would make this team better is like saying the Mavs need improvement in the only area the guy really helps, which is the offense. So tell me, what dont do the Mavs do better now with Nash gone?

Bushsucks14
01-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Lets see, we can say this, the Suns are doing better with Nash ans without Irk (not a typo)...

I am gonna keep calling him irk until he earns the D in his name

BlondeBomber41
01-11-2006, 03:39 AM
Lets see, we can say this, the Suns are doing better with Nash ans without Irk (not a typo)...

I am gonna keep calling him irk until he earns the D in his name

Idiot. See you had no answer to my question, because there is NOTHING the Mavs dont do better with Nash gone. You dont know anything about Dirk so dont get on this forum and spout that crap. I bet you are likie 14 anyways, you dont know anything.

shehzar167
01-11-2006, 09:33 AM
im not gona argue with u blondie..bcoze its for no point..itll go back and forth with good points but wont come to a conclusion......STEVE NASH is a great point guard..NE team will be honored to take himm...it was just to bad when he played with u guys...he couldnt play to his full level...couldnt do much...and one more thing... now that nash is in phnx he has guys to pass in the paint to get easy baskets...which increase the number of assists a player gets if u have good inside players....
U GUYS have a good player in and out in dirk ..BUT he is not a dominant player in ....
lets compare NASH'S GAME PLAY IN PHEONIX AND WHEN HE WAS IN DALLAS
dallas and phnx both are amzing offensive players
but this is what sperated steve nash's asssists and points
in pheaonix...they run the ball constantly...fast breaks...going to the basket...getting points because running game with amare and marion would be unstoppable...a guy like amare had to get doubled so one guy open..making guy like steve get more shots without pressure...
in dallas...nobody doubled dirk... unless some situations...so no easy shots...u had amazing players that could shoot and wanted to shoot more than nething......ANTOINE WALKER....mike finley...NOWITZKI ..jamison...alll them...so that means nash should get more assists rite?? rong because its easier to get baskets under than shoot from the arc or jumpshots...
yes i agree that the style with phnx fits rite with nash...but if u could have gottten ur team a good power player than i would have seen nash numbers going up than just role type players..
so if nash would have been with u guys now...u team would have been much better then terry...all i wana know is what has terry that special that he is beter player to play with rite now then nash...i dont get it

BlondeBomber41
01-11-2006, 06:57 PM
im not gona argue with u blondie..bcoze its for no point..itll go back and forth with good points but wont come to a conclusion......STEVE NASH is a great point guard..NE team will be honored to take himm...it was just to bad when he played with u guys...he couldnt play to his full level...couldnt do much...and one more thing... now that nash is in phnx he has guys to pass in the paint to get easy baskets...which increase the number of assists a player gets if u have good inside players....
U GUYS have a good player in and out in dirk ..BUT he is not a dominant player in ....
lets compare NASH'S GAME PLAY IN PHEONIX AND WHEN HE WAS IN DALLAS
dallas and phnx both are amzing offensive players
but this is what sperated steve nash's asssists and points
in pheaonix...they run the ball constantly...fast breaks...going to the basket...getting points because running game with amare and marion would be unstoppable...a guy like amare had to get doubled so one guy open..making guy like steve get more shots without pressure...
in dallas...nobody doubled dirk... unless some situations...so no easy shots...u had amazing players that could shoot and wanted to shoot more than nething......ANTOINE WALKER....mike finley...NOWITZKI ..jamison...alll them...so that means nash should get more assists rite?? rong because its easier to get baskets under than shoot from the arc or jumpshots...
yes i agree that the style with phnx fits rite with nash...but if u could have gottten ur team a good power player than i would have seen nash numbers going up than just role type players..
so if nash would have been with u guys now...u team would have been much better then terry...all i wana know is what has terry that special that he is beter player to play with rite now then nash...i dont get it

You just said the exact same thing I said. The reason why he fits in PHX but not Dallas is because the Mavs dont have an Amare Stoudemire type player who can just grab it and dunk it. The Mavs arent built on that run and gun, no defense play that the Suns are.

Nash did averaged almost 9 assist a game with Dirk,Finley,Jamison and Walker on the team, but that was the only year we had those players and we lost in the first round. It was a failed experiment, with that weird roster we had.

Wanna know what Terry does better? He guards people. People look at a Nash 16 pt 8 assist game as a Maverick and say how good he played. Go look at the opposing PG's line though. 25 pts 10 assist. Mike Bibby and Bobby Jackson KILLED the Mavs everytime we played them in the playoffs. So did Tony Parker. It was because Nash and the backup PG Van Exel couldnt guard air. They couldnt stop penetration, they couldnt stay on their man on screens. It was all offense and no defense and now the Mavs fully realize that isnt the way you win.

shehzar167
01-12-2006, 09:06 AM
well if i am not mistaken....DALLAS WAS NEVER A GOOD pick and rolll team...am i not right???

shehzar167
01-12-2006, 09:09 AM
why is jason terry MR CLUTCH:D

BlondeBomber41
01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
well if i am not mistaken....DALLAS WAS NEVER A GOOD pick and rolll team...am i not right???

offensively they were a great pick and roll team. Defensively they couldnt stop me and my little sister on a pick and roll.

BlondeBomber41
01-12-2006, 06:46 PM
why is jason terry MR CLUTCH:D

He has hit in his not even two years with the Mavs 13 game winning shots, and the pic on my sig is him after hitting one earlier in the year against the Raptors.

run4sun1988
01-12-2006, 10:07 PM

No, you don't follow logic. I'm not taking sides on this argument. It's just that your quotes really don't seem to back up your argument and your were just being a a##*#(@ to other people.

BlondeBomber41
01-13-2006, 12:54 AM
No, you don't follow logic. I'm not taking sides on this argument. It's just that your quotes really don't seem to back up your argument and your were just being a a##*#(@ to other people.

Exactly. That is what I have been trying to say. When something is said to him and a couple other people i wont mention instead of coming back with an intelligent remark they say something like "dirk sucks and the mavs arent contenders" when it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Its really childish. I know this TMac to da rack is 19, but most of the time its like talking to a 13 year old.

HRF747
01-13-2006, 10:57 AM
He has hit in his not even two years with the Mavs 13 game winning shots, and the pic on my sig is him after hitting one earlier in the year against the Raptors.

I thought that's the one against the Bucks...:D I'm just kidding dude...

BlondeBomber41
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
I thought that's the one against the Bucks...:D I'm just kidding dude...

he hit a shot in that game to send it to overtime, but in overtime his game winning attempt was blocked by Andrew Bogut. He got stuffed.

HRF747
01-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Houston Aeros is the top seed in the Western Division... Rockets are last... Atleast we have 1 team in Houston that plays great... So Houston isn't that suck after all...hehehe... I love Houston though...:D

BlondeBomber41
01-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah good thing the Astros made that run last year when they started the season 15-30 or all three Houston teams would of been bad

HRF747
01-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Damn, the Astros are going to release Bagwell...

Tmac to da rack
01-25-2006, 10:33 AM
isnt that a good thing? He did nothing much in the playoffs for us, cant hit homeruns at minute maid park the smallest park in MLB imagine if he went somewhere else, this is good for the future this is going to give us alot more cash so get better players than bagwell, i know bagwell is a houston favorite but he dont have much left in tank and i dont think if he stays that would be good for the organization of the astros, we where so close last yr, we got to the world series, all we need is good power hitting and were good to go.

HRF747
01-25-2006, 10:40 AM
isnt that a good thing? He did nothing much in the playoffs for us, cant hit homeruns at minute maid park the smallest park in MLB imagine if he went somewhere else, this is good for the future this is going to give us alot more cash so get better players than bagwell, i know bagwell is a houston favorite but he dont have much left in tank and i dont think if he stays that would be good for the organization of the astros, we where so close last yr, we got to the world series, all we need is good power hitting and were good to go.

Is there any more power hitter available in the market???

Tmac to da rack
01-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Im not sure but i know we have money for next season to get a power hitter, and enough money this yr to sign a good solid player

Tmac to da rack
01-26-2006, 10:25 AM
If it was so dumb matt we wouldnt have 6 pages as of I speak right now, this is one of our famous threads

HRF747
01-26-2006, 08:14 PM
what a dumb azz idea for a thread? whose great idea was this? idiot.

Can't you read??? That's why we call it OFF-TOPIC THREAD so we can talk about something else inside or outside the basketball world...

HRF747
01-26-2006, 08:19 PM
what a dumb azz idea for a thread? whose great idea was this? idiot.

By the way, this is our moderators idea so deal with him and tell him how idoitic his idea is...:smoking:

HTownHeadbussa
01-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Apparently he hasn't noticed that all other Houston sports forums on PSD are kind of sucky, maybe that's why we have an off topic thread. Also, it is the perfect place to make dumb@$$ comments like that.

BIG_BAD_WOLF
01-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Can't you read??? That's why we call it OFF-TOPIC THREAD so we can talk about something else inside or outside the basketball world...

Maybe Matt can spend a few hours meticulously folding and reorganizing his sock drawer so there will be order in his world again.

shehzar167
01-27-2006, 10:10 AM
hahahah

HRF747
01-27-2006, 11:28 AM
lolz

shehzar167
01-28-2006, 10:33 AM
since this is an off topic thread...what does those STANDOUT and recruit under ur name mean and shisshhh..

HTownHeadbussa
01-28-2006, 01:46 PM
I guess they change for every certain amount of posts, but you can change them yourself if you go to your profile.

HRF747
01-31-2006, 07:01 PM
I think it changes that every 100 posts you make...

nYk_wAy
02-06-2006, 05:58 PM
I have an extra sig I made for someone here, but they didn't want it. If anyone wants this, go ahead and use it.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/pnjb1zfinest/htownrocketscopy.jpg

marketgod
02-15-2006, 04:02 PM
how about this line up when we want to run with the ball

Tmac F
Swift C
Hayes F
Alston Pg
Wesley Sg

and then bring in the second line up when we want to play half court and rest the starters...

Bogans F
Yao C
Howard F
Head Pg
Barry Sg

obtw

don't kill me on this, just trying to put together the best fast break type line up we can get... since it looks like it will be a good offensive tool...

HTownHeadbussa
02-15-2006, 04:29 PM
how about this line up when we want to run with the ball

Tmac F
Swift C
Hayes F
Alston Pg
Wesley Sg

and then bring in the second line up when we want to play half court and rest the starters...

Bogans F
Yao C
Howard F
Head Pg
Barry Sg

obtw

don't kill me on this, just trying to put together the best fast break type line up we can get... since it looks like it will be a good offensive tool...

You still need Yao in the "running" lineup. Even if Hayes is the quicker player, he's obviously not the better player. Both Swift and Hayes in the lowblock would be a huge disadvantage, neither has a post game or is the typical size of the proposed positions Plus, Yao still had a breakaway jam from T-Mac and I don't think he's that bad at running the court, he just may need a few more breathers.

marketgod
02-15-2006, 04:40 PM
You still need Yao in the "running" lineup. Even if Hayes is the quicker player, he's obviously not the better player. Both Swift and Hayes in the lowblock would be a huge disadvantage, neither has a post game or is the typical size of the proposed positions Plus, Yao still had a breakaway jam from T-Mac and I don't think he's that bad at running the court, he just may need a few more breathers.

yep your right...

I was thinking about that... the size disadvantage on the defensive end... but then I was hoping these guys would run the opposing players into the ground... forcing the other teams to go shorter...

HRF747
02-16-2006, 01:36 AM

I agree... We can always push the ball even with Yao in the lineup... He's a little quicker than other 7-foot-centers in the league...

shehzar167
02-16-2006, 07:09 AM
true and yao can shoot better too than hayes and swift
but his stamina mite be an issue but he most def will get a breather because alot of fast breaks come with fouls

gorocketsgo
02-16-2006, 07:16 AM
So what made JVG change his mind about changing from half court style plays to running and pushing the ball?

Driven
02-16-2006, 07:19 AM
So what made JVG change his mind about changing from half court style plays to running and pushing the ball?
He didn't change his mind...

It has to do with the fact that our team is healthier and the teams we play are not defensive teams. The Rockets can hang with anyone in a high scoring game, but we don't play that unless the opposing team does.

Tmac to da rack
02-16-2006, 10:36 AM
I think rafer changed JVG mind, Rafer started to play a fast tempo and JVG Loved it, I think Rafer is our own Steve Nash, And I hope he keeps it up. Good job Rafer Alston A.K.A Skip To My Lou!

shehzar167
02-16-2006, 12:53 PM
what i still think...JVG still has the half court system going thru his mind......BUT SINCE ALSTON is pushing the ball and scoring and dishing and making all rocketeeers:D play better...why will jvg have a problem when we are playing better and acutalli winnin

shehzar167
02-16-2006, 12:53 PM
i wana see alsston brake someones ankle though in a rockets uni
i havent
have uall seen it?????????

Tmac to da rack
02-16-2006, 12:56 PM
well we did see that nice behind fake pass that fooled the other player than he layed it up for a lay-up , thats the best move his done as a rox, and it was great

shehzar167
02-16-2006, 12:58 PM
yeah i saw too..the bench went up...he fooled um good:D:D:D:

Driven
02-16-2006, 02:26 PM
well we did see that nice behind fake pass that fooled the other player than he layed it up for a lay-up , thats the best move his done as a rox, and it was great
It didn't really have any effect though. It was just show.

Texas_SportsFan1
02-16-2006, 03:27 PM
It didn't really have any effect though. It was just show.

It made for a pretty un-rivaled 2 points.

Driven
02-16-2006, 06:26 PM
It made for a pretty un-rivaled 2 points.
Because pretty = points.

HRF747
02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
It was a great made to make the guys going... But I still like Yao's behind the back dribble against Portland... That was one of the best plays that I've ever seen for a big guy especially for a 7' 6" Yao...

marketgod
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
I use to be a management consultant... hired to go in and run Companies that were in trouble ... one Company I went into the first day I asked for the resignation of two Directors... fired the President two managers, corporate secretary, 4 other employees, and got rid of the Lawyers, Accountants...

if Alexander hired me...

I would fire CD... take his job....

fire JVG and his caoching stafff....hire Doug Collins...

then I would hire Hakeem as a assitant coach to Coach/Mentor Yao
(if he can coach Emeka Okafur in the summer in Houston of all places...then)

I would hire a full time physio therapist/ shrink to help Tmac with his back
(someone to massage Tmac's back everyday when he goes to sleep and when he wakes up...and also talk to him about his personal problems...)

I would trade anyone else who is too Old, too Slow, or too Short,

im sure there is more but... this is what id do on the first day....

shehzar167
02-17-2006, 04:52 PM
i think tmac is our best player rite???
dont u think he does have a good therapist
some injuries just dont go away and docs and theras and onli do so much
u need time for that

Tmac to da rack
02-20-2006, 10:47 AM
I use to be a management consultant... hired to go in and run Companies that were in trouble ... one Company I went into the first day I asked for the resignation of two Directors... fired the President two managers, corporate secretary, 4 other employees, and got rid of the Lawyers, Accountants...

if Alexander hired me...

I would fire CD... take his job....

fire JVG and his caoching stafff....hire Doug Collins...

then I would hire Hakeem as a assitant coach to Coach/Mentor Yao
(if he can coach Emeka Okafur in the summer in Houston of all places...then)

I would hire a full time physio therapist/ shrink to help Tmac with his back
(someone to massage Tmac's back everyday when he goes to sleep and when he wakes up...and also talk to him about his personal problems...)

I would trade anyone else who is too Old, too Slow, or too Short,

im sure there is more but... this is what id do on the first day....

lol, Wow trade anyone whos too short? LOL.

shehzar167
02-20-2006, 03:15 PM
and i would declare u manager of the year:D

P0W3RBALLIN
02-24-2006, 08:29 PM
I wish the Rockets had an alternate jersey.. that is black and red.. haha i just photoshopped a jersey that would look like how i want it..:clap:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/supermage650/jerseyedit.jpg

Driven
02-24-2006, 11:00 PM
That's not bad at all. It's kind of like the Bulls. I always have loved black sports jerseys. But how about a silver one? That could be sharp.

P0W3RBALLIN
02-24-2006, 11:49 PM
lol silver...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/supermage650/Jerseyedit2.jpg

HTownHeadbussa
02-25-2006, 12:30 AM
They make a black and silver one. My friend has a McGrady one. It's pretty clean.

P0W3RBALLIN
02-25-2006, 12:38 AM
They make a black and silver one. My friend has a McGrady one. It's pretty clean.

yeah those hella clean.. cool if they use it in a game

shehzar167
02-28-2006, 06:12 PM
i like both of em.. if it was upto me..ILLGET THE BLUE INVOLVED AGAIN..
SOME one try to geton in blue and silver or blue in white..in my mind..it would look good..

P0W3RBALLIN
02-28-2006, 11:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/supermage650/jerseyedit3.jpg

haha i only make these cuz im bored

Texas_SportsFan1
02-28-2006, 11:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/supermage650/jerseyedit3.jpg

haha i only make these cuz im bored

Looks too much like McGrady with the magic.

shehzar167
03-01-2006, 06:14 AM
i liked that jersey but yeah the silver kinda with the magic..HOW BOUT NAVY BLUE WITH WHITE OR RED!!

HRF747
03-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Can you guys teach me how to make a signature pls... Thanks

Driven
03-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Does anyone want to join my fantasy baseball league? PM me if you do, and I'll give you the info. There's only a couple of spots left...

Tmac to da rack
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Can I get some of ya'll screen names for aim or aol?

Texas_SportsFan1
03-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Can I get some of ya'll screen names for aim or aol?

ceb122234

shehzar167
03-07-2006, 11:30 AM
does anyone live near katy???

HTownHeadbussa
03-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I live on Hwy 6 and Briarforest.

Powder
03-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Did ya'll hear that Steve Nash was injured last night. Anyone know how serious?

HRF747
03-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Did ya'll hear that Steve Nash was injured last night. Anyone know how serious?

He didn't return, but I think he's ok...

Powder
03-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey does anyone know if you have to pay to visit clutchcityfans?

Driven
03-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Hey does anyone know if you have to pay to visit clutchcityfans?
I don't know, I don't think so. I was lucky enough to have registered before they started making people pay. I think they've gotten rid of that, though.

shehzar167
03-09-2006, 08:48 AM
eh driven is there anyway that u can get something goin on like what clutch has done with the rox officials..like they got some gamest to go in free..can we do somethinglikethat???

Powder
03-09-2006, 03:49 PM
eh driven is there anyway that u can get something goin on like what clutch has done with the rox officials..like they got some gamest to go in free..can we do somethinglikethat???

Thanks Driven! Can you give me the exact web address?

shehzar167
03-10-2006, 07:11 AM
its ...... clutchfans.net

HRF747
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
I think we have to pay $10 to get in there...

shehzar167
03-10-2006, 03:36 PM
YEAH it aint free plus i think psd is also good...goood facts good members and some reall goood debates..ya realli dont see that there!

Driven
03-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Anyone want me to make them a sig and/or avatar? I've downloaded Photoshop once again.

shehzar167
03-11-2006, 08:57 AM
yeah make me one..i dont kno how to make one..

marketgod
03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Anyone want me to make them a sig and/or avatar? I've downloaded Photoshop once again.

im not even sure what a sig or avatar is...

shehzar167
03-14-2006, 09:33 AM
market......

a sig is what bomber has or htownhedbussa has..the big logos...AND AVATAR IS WHAT I HAVE ....WITH YAO AS SCARFACE IN IT..:D

HTownHeadbussa
03-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Any site that makes you pay just to discuss opinions on your favorite team is crap. More power to PSD for the awesome setup, admins, forums, and members. Shehzar put it perfectly.

Now that I kissed PSD's ***, can I get my middlefinger smiley back? Thanks;)

BlondeBomber41
03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah I have looked at ALOT of forums to check them out and I am totally spoiled by the PSD forums. The setup is absolutely perfect, no other forum is close at all in terms of quality.

shehzar167
03-17-2006, 02:59 AM
so ..do we get a free ticket or some thing now:D

bomber how come there arent other mavs fans on psd...where do they talk??

BlondeBomber41
03-17-2006, 05:05 AM
There are other boards but they are like ALL Mavs fans and I like talking to fans of other teams and people across the country. I HATE talking to a bunch of Mav homers and people who overreact and say trade this player and trade this player and blah blah blah

P0W3RBALLIN
03-17-2006, 11:37 PM
OHH shehzar167.. lol I never noticed that was Yao on ur avatar until you sed right there.. thought it was Scarface lol

shehzar167
03-19-2006, 06:28 AM
There are other boards but they are like ALL Mavs fans and I like talking to fans of other teams and people across the country. I HATE talking to a bunch of Mav homers and people who overreact and say trade this player and trade this player and blah blah blah

well hahaaha..dont be a rox fan here..becuz thats whats been happening here these days:D

HRF747
03-31-2006, 04:29 PM
well hahaaha..dont be a rox fan here..becuz thats whats been happening here these days:D

exactly:D

shehzar167
04-12-2006, 09:34 AM
i think we need to start having some kind of challenges going on the rockets forum so we can compete over something like the lakers and jazzes do or something:D
does anyone have any ideas for what to do and the consequences?!?!?!?

HRF747
04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Sometimes it is funny to go to the Lakers forum because they have so many posters... how many consistent posters do we have here in Rockets forum???

Texas_SportsFan1
04-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Do I count?

shehzar167
04-12-2006, 01:32 PM
sure...
i think i am one of em..i post like everyday and if u notice i rite in every topic

HRF747
04-12-2006, 03:00 PM
sure...
i think i am one of em..i post like everyday and if u notice i rite in every topic

yeah i know... the rockets posters are slowly to disappear...hahaha... few more weeks and we're the only two that are going to post in this forum...:laugh:

Powder
04-12-2006, 03:58 PM
i check in here almost everyday, I cant beleive how slow its been, when I first joined there were always at least 5-10 people in here at a time.

shehzar167
04-13-2006, 07:20 AM
yeah another example..the game threads..they use to go till like 5 pages and shishh..now 2 is enuf
and haha bomber doesnt even rite here that much now..and when he does all them guys dont even jump on him:D

val_modus
04-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Ill always be a die hard Rockets fan, i post here everyday, and will continue too.

Flong
04-13-2006, 11:04 PM
SAME HERE cousin.

shehzar167
04-14-2006, 02:59 PM
ive noticed these last 2 days..onli me val modus and hrf have posted..we need more pple....wth

shehzar167
04-14-2006, 02:59 PM
knicks suk and they still post 10 times more:D

Texas_SportsFan1
04-14-2006, 03:02 PM
It's hard for me to post as much, my frustration with the injuries we have had this season still get on my nerves big time!!! I had such high hopes for this year, and spent a good deal of money just so I could watch the Rockets lose the majority of their games (out of market). Oh well at least I still have the Mavs for this year!

Texas_SportsFan1
04-14-2006, 03:04 PM
knicks suk and they still post 10 times more:D

Good point, ill be a more loyal fan and post more, forgive me rockets fans for I have sinned:(

shehzar167
04-15-2006, 08:51 AM
haha...i shall forgive my child:D
lol
why arent u a san antonio fan?

Texas_SportsFan1
04-15-2006, 03:41 PM
haha...i shall forgive my child:D
lol
why arent u a san antonio fan?

In the 90's, just getting into sports and everything, my mother helped make the Championship T-Shirts (the 2nd year we won) so I was a Houston fan then, all other sports teams i like are from Dallas. Maybe that helps explain?

shehzar167
04-16-2006, 05:02 AM
yeah explains it..but why not sa also:D:D

Texas_SportsFan1
04-16-2006, 05:10 AM
yeah explains it..but why not sa also:D:D

I respect the Spurs... especially Duncan
But.....
I hate the Spurs... especially Duncan

I dont know why, It's just one of those things.

Although after Dallas and Houston are gone I have pulled for them to Win the Finals. Just because they are a Texas team, same thing with UT in the national championship game, and im a USC fan. But I still want all the championships in Texas where they belong :D .

Regular Season though
1.Rockets
2.Mavs
3.Bulls
Last. Spurs

Playoffs
1.Rockets
2.Mavs
3.Spurs

Just the way it goes for me.

shehzar167
04-16-2006, 05:51 AM
hahah aight

Driven
04-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Eh, I don't post much because there's not much news. I will once the offseason rumors start up.

Powder
04-17-2006, 05:00 PM
I respect the Spurs... especially Duncan
But.....
I hate the Spurs... especially Duncan

I dont know why, It's just one of those things.

Although after Dallas and Houston are gone I have pulled for them to Win the Finals. Just because they are a Texas team, same thing with UT in the national championship game, and im a USC fan. But I still want all the championships in Texas where they belong :D .

Regular Season though
1.Rockets
2.Mavs
3.Bulls
Last. Spurs

Playoffs
1.Rockets
2.Mavs
3.Spurs

Just the way it goes for me.

Thats how I feel about the Mavs...lol

Flong
04-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Lol Lol Lol Rofl Rofl.

Texas_SportsFan1
04-17-2006, 09:04 PM
I dunno that it was that funny...

Flong
04-17-2006, 09:30 PM
I was joking.

Texas_SportsFan1
04-17-2006, 09:38 PM
You mean racking up your post totals. :p

Flong
04-17-2006, 09:43 PM
NOOOO, i already had enough posts for a sig.

Texas_SportsFan1
04-17-2006, 11:47 PM
ok, thats good. You should get a Rockets sig from wcremix instead of that KG one.

shehzar167
04-18-2006, 04:49 AM
how many posts are u suppose to have to apply for a sig?!?!

shehzar167
04-18-2006, 04:50 AM
uall like my yaoscarface:D:D:D:D

Texas_SportsFan1
04-18-2006, 06:42 PM
YES, the yao-scarface avatar is sick.

And you can have a sig by now if you wanted one, I could try and make one of Yao for you, with your scarface yao pics.

Driven
04-18-2006, 08:18 PM
You need 100 posts to have a signature.

shehzar167
04-19-2006, 04:37 AM
haha..i know that i could have one by now..but i didnt know hoow to do it:D
but ill pm u texas..u can make me one;)
thanks

Texas_SportsFan1
04-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Ok, sounds good.

HRF747
04-19-2006, 03:40 PM
You need 100 posts to have a signature.

So I'm eligible to have one:D ... Can someone teach me how to do it pleaseeee...

shehzar167
04-20-2006, 03:42 AM
yeah..i think u need that photobucket thing..and dont ask if u can get it for free..hahah bomber got in alot of shishh for just saying that or something..am i not rite driven;):D:p

Driven
04-20-2006, 10:33 AM
yeah..i think u need that photobucket thing..and dont ask if u can get it for free..hahah bomber got in alot of shishh for just saying that or something..am i not rite driven;):D:p
Kind of not really. I don't think he was banned for it.

Texas_SportsFan1
04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
You can always ask somebody to make one for you.... theres lots of people with photoshop on here. ^^^ Like Driven, (sorry for throwin you out there man).

shehzar167
04-21-2006, 07:31 AM
yeah..this place is freindli and good..i dont think anyone should mind if we ask them do make us one..

Driven
04-21-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't mind making you one if you want one.

shehzar167
04-22-2006, 06:09 AM
yeah that would be great...dont care what u make..just make me something good please:)

Texas_SportsFan1
04-23-2006, 02:00 AM
What happend to the Yao/Scarface sig???

shehzar167
04-23-2006, 01:56 PM
i want that tooo:D
make me that too:D
please
:)

HRF747
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
is there any website that I could go to get the sigs or to make a sigs???

shehzar167
04-24-2006, 05:25 AM
yeah there is...
www.askdriven.com
or
www.hollaattexasfan1.org

HRF747
04-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Bro, that websites are craps :laugh::clap:

shehzar167
04-26-2006, 11:47 AM
haha i made them up for a laugh:D

Texas_SportsFan1
04-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Good one shehzar...
I'll still try and hook you up with a Yao/Scarface sig, get AIM or YIM or somthin and we'll do it.

shehzar167
04-27-2006, 03:15 AM
aight;)thanks

shehzar167
05-01-2006, 05:00 AM
does any one know about tmacs problems he was having
are they solved now?!?!
or what
i hurd that the baby wasnt his or something!?!?i read that in clutchfans.net
but what was the story behind his problems?

HRF747
05-01-2006, 10:46 PM
that's just rumor...hehehe... I don't care about his problems, and I don't wanna know... I want him to bounce back next season and forget about his off court problems...

Do you guys know where can I make a sig???

shehzar167
05-02-2006, 10:48 AM
well my frend..ye cant make a sig..if u dont have photoshop or things like that..u have to download it

Powder
05-02-2006, 05:09 PM
what about an avatar?

gorocketsgo
05-04-2006, 03:14 AM
what's an avatar?

shehzar167
05-04-2006, 03:30 AM
ok an avator is the picture u can have rite next to ur name
like mine..which has yao as scarface;)

shehzar167
05-04-2006, 03:32 AM
what about an avatar?
ok go to the USER CP FIRST
then on the left..it will say edit avator
click that
and then u will see a link for custom avotor
make that green
and then there will be something underneath that u will ahve to rite
u have to browse something from ur computer
get it?

Powder
05-04-2006, 02:16 PM
It asks for a link...what link do I put in for a pic?

Texas_SportsFan1
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
does any one know about tmacs problems he was having
are they solved now?!?!
or what
i hurd that the baby wasnt his or something!?!?i read that in clutchfans.net
but what was the story behind his problems?

really?

Powder
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM
damn, thats really messed up....if its true...

shehzar167
05-05-2006, 01:51 AM
yeah i had been reading about that in cluthfans a few times and like he was gona go chek if its true or not and stuff like that..but not sure..
powder----
open browse and then select a pic from ur computer..thus u get get a link..ask again if u still dont get it..ill try again:D

HRF747
05-05-2006, 11:05 AM
that sucks a lot of that rumor is true... I wonder why TMac is depressed... But the first child is his for sure right???

Powder
05-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Sooo it has to be a pic from my computer....I have to download a pic???

HRF747
05-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Sooo it has to be a pic from my computer....I have to download a pic???

Any pics from your computer can be use as your avatar... you can go to google and search for some interesting pics...

shehzar167
05-08-2006, 04:53 AM
man ..u can just right click on any picture...and just save it to ur computer
then browse for an avator..and just open that..
thus u get a COOL avator:D

Texas_SportsFan1
05-23-2006, 02:53 AM
Anybody in H-Town know a good summer (2 month) job starting in the next week or two?

Help a Rockets fan out lol.

Tmac to da rack
05-23-2006, 09:26 AM
lol here's not the spot to ask about job's man.

shehzar167
05-23-2006, 09:56 AM
haha wut tmac to the rack sed but try corner stores..ull find one..;)

Texas_SportsFan1
05-23-2006, 02:02 PM
I can ask lol

shehzar167
05-24-2006, 07:14 AM
well..there are alot..just go look around

HTownHeadbussa
05-24-2006, 09:52 AM
T-Mac should go on the Maury Povich show to see if he is the baby's daddy. That would be awesome tv.

HRF747
05-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I can ask lol

If your course is kinda related to medical field there's an opening in M.D. Anderson for summer students...

Tmac to da rack
05-24-2006, 11:07 AM
im going to be moving from pasadena, tx to cleveland tx up north about 1 hr away from pasadena, do you guys think cleveland will have the same channels as houston, like fsn channel 37, tnt channel 37, espn channel 33,34,35, what do you guys think? because i dont want to order nba league pass just to watch every rockets game.

Driven
05-24-2006, 01:28 PM
im going to be moving from pasadena, tx to cleveland tx up north about 1 hr away from pasadena, do you guys think cleveland will have the same channels as houston, like fsn channel 37, tnt channel 37, espn channel 33,34,35, what do you guys think? because i dont want to order nba league pass just to watch every rockets game.
It'll have the same channels most likely, but you won't get Houston sports games.

Powder
05-24-2006, 02:29 PM
I think he will be able to get the Rockets games....my dad lives outside of Dallas and he gets all the Maverick games...(unfortunatly) ha ha

Texas_SportsFan1
05-24-2006, 02:32 PM
But he still lives in the Dallas area, I live in way north Texas and fortunatly I get all the Mavs games (have to pay for rockets lol) The Houston area is smaller, past a certain point or county it feeds into Dallas i think.

shehzar167
05-24-2006, 05:46 PM
well u will get espn tnt and all every where in texas no doubt no doubt
and getting fsn houston also..but u got to be near houston
if houston is closer than dallas or san..depending on where u live..then ull get more houston channels

Texas_SportsFan1
06-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Damn this is really off-topic but this was the dumbest thing ever. Me being in Houston now I paid to get MLB.TV so I could watch my Texas Rangers. Last night the computer froze in the 8th inning as Bostons closer was coming in. I reboot the computer ASAP and then when I finally try to get back on it says its blacked out in my area. Like im trying to log on in the dallas area. I was able to watch the damn Astros game though... so that pissed me off I called the support number was on hold for no less then 30 minutes then the guy said that my IP address changes every time I have to log onto the intenet. Which is true but why the hell would it give me an address in the Dallas area?? I thought they went my zip codes.

That **** sucked... Rangers wound up making the closer blow his first save and I didnt get to see it.

HRF747
06-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Damn this is really off-topic but this was the dumbest thing ever. Me being in Houston now I paid to get MLB.TV so I could watch my Texas Rangers. Last night the computer froze in the 8th inning as Bostons closer was coming in. I reboot the computer ASAP and then when I finally try to get back on it says its blacked out in my area. Like im trying to log on in the dallas area. I was able to watch the damn Astros game though... so that pissed me off I called the support number was on hold for no less then 30 minutes then the guy said that my IP address changes every time I have to log onto the intenet. Which is true but why the hell would it give me an address in the Dallas area?? I thought they went my zip codes.

That **** sucked... Rangers wound up making the closer blow his first save and I didnt get to see it.

yeah, that sucks...

shehzar167
06-16-2006, 01:45 PM
anyone going to the rockets draft party at toyota center?!?!
welll its an invite to all,rox players will be there and games and stuf plus live draft coverage,itll be fun

Texas_SportsFan1
06-16-2006, 01:47 PM
whens this... since im in houston for the summer that'd be a fun thing to do.

give the info damnit :p

shehzar167
06-16-2006, 02:25 PM
go on rockets.com
ull find all the info
but its on the day of the draft so the same day and it starts like 4 5 hours before the draft

HRF747
06-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Darn it, I have work... Maybe I can call in sick:D

The New Era
06-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Darn it, I have work... Maybe I can call in sick:D

I suggest you call in with the "stomach flu"...those usually last for 24hrs and you don't have to BS a cough and cold the next day!

P0W3RBALLIN
06-17-2006, 03:09 AM
dam im in this Rockets group on myspace and no1 seems to no anything about basketball lol

they all want JJ Redick for some reason:D

Texas_SportsFan1
06-17-2006, 03:12 AM
the draft party thing, am I allowed to strangle our GM and coach if we draft JJ?

shehzar167
06-17-2006, 10:45 AM
sure:D go for it,,atleast u will feel better even though u going to rockets jail:D
man, i dont mind drafting him only if we dont get the others we want!
say that ur dog ate ur car keys:D

shehzar167
06-17-2006, 01:25 PM
are we gona lay down a contract to vassilis spaun
id want that
modus email me ur plans for fa

shehzar167
06-17-2006, 01:25 PM
i think we still have our mle,lle and the other one

Texas_SportsFan1
06-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I think your in the wrong thread o smart one.

shehzar167
06-17-2006, 06:58 PM
o my bad and didn't need dat coment boy :D but ual going?

Texas_SportsFan1
06-17-2006, 08:48 PM
If I am not somewhere else then I am sure that I will surely be there...

HRF747
06-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I suggest you call in with the "stomach flu"...those usually last for 24hrs and you don't have to BS a cough and cold the next day!

thanks for the advice;) :D

HRF747
06-17-2006, 09:31 PM
dam im in this Rockets group on myspace and no1 seems to no anything about basketball lol

they all want JJ Redick for some reason:D

they don't probably read or watch college ball... since JJ recieved almost if not all the awards in college basketball, he's pretty darn popular... He's like William Hung in the music world...

HRF747
06-17-2006, 09:32 PM
the draft party thing, am I allowed to strangle our GM and coach if we draft JJ?

exactly:D

shehzar167
06-20-2006, 06:31 PM
FLOOOODS
DAMN!!!!
u guys having anyproblems transporting ur bodies around?:D

Texas_SportsFan1
06-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Rain Rain
GO AWAY

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO PLAY

somthin like that

HRF747
06-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Even though it's raining, it's still hot...:mad:

HRF747
06-21-2006, 02:14 PM
FLOOOODS
DAMN!!!!
u guys having anyproblems transporting ur bodies around?:D

I was gonna pick up my cousin in Hobby Airport then I saw it on TV that the Beltway8 is flooded... So he waited for me there 'til the water comes down... do you guys remember what happened about 3 years ago (Alison)??? I was stuck overnight in the gas station because my car won't start... I get stuck in the flood and someone guy helped me get out of it, and dude you can put a goldfish inside my car...:p

The New Era
06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Wow, that weather sucks.

I won't say what the weather is here in southern cali (cough, cough 89 and sunny, cough)..... oh, and there is some 15ft waves going on down here and it's fun to watch the body surfers risk there lives for 5 seconds of fun!

HTownHeadbussa
06-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Wow, that weather sucks.

I won't say what the weather is here in southern cali (cough, cough 89 and sunny, cough)..... oh, and there is some 15ft waves going on down here and it's fun to watch the body surfers risk there lives for 5 seconds of fun!

I'd kill for a 15ft wave. We get 3ft (if that) in Galveston and there's dirty diapers and insulin bottles in the water. Pretty much sucks but its all we got so I still go.

Texas_SportsFan1
06-21-2006, 04:21 PM
So who's going to the draft thing?

Im thinking about going.

HTownHeadbussa
06-21-2006, 04:25 PM
When is it? I forget...

On a side note, it kind of hurts that the A-Hole Pat Reilly won another chamionship and a Texas team lost (even if it is the Mavs) but I'm glad that BlondeBomber41 is hurting, just cuz he's a supreme @$$. Maybe that loss will humble him a little :rolleyes: .

Texas_SportsFan1
06-21-2006, 04:28 PM
When is it? I forget...

On a side note, it kind of hurts that the A-Hole Pat Reilly won another chamionship and a Texas team lost (even if it is the Mavs) but I'm glad that BlondeBomber41 is hurting, just cuz he's a supreme @$$. Maybe that loss will humble him a little :rolleyes: .
Nah if and when he comes back its going to be complaints. I didnt think that he would I thought he'd congradulate Miami etc... but i guess i was wrong.

HRF747
06-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow, that weather sucks.

I know.. My friend told me that you guys have a nice weather down there...

HRF747
06-21-2006, 04:32 PM
So who's going to the draft thing?

Im thinking about going.

I'm thinking of going too... I'm planning to call in sick:D