PDA

View Full Version : charlie v for david lee..

knickZ4LIFE
02-01-2009, 11:16 AM
would u guys trade charlie v for david lee?

OC Knights #11
02-01-2009, 11:54 AM
no. Charlie V is are top star on the team, who has to carry the scoring load the rest of the season.

salsa
02-01-2009, 12:31 PM
no. Charlie V is are top star on the team, who has to carry the scoring load the rest of the season.
Are you crazy?

Yes i would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Brew Crew
02-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Are you crazy?

Yes i would do that trade in a heartbeat.

You're crazy. You must not be watching C-Vill. Why trade a player when he is finally starting to perform like he was supposed to all along.

I understand that Lee is good, but he isn't the scorer that C-Vill is.

crewfan13
02-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I would not do the trade. My only worry is that CV's back is going to get sore from carrying the whole team.

sugarrayray
02-01-2009, 07:21 PM
its about time people start giving this guy a chance

Brew Crew
02-01-2009, 07:42 PM
What I like is that CV didn't start off the season hot, but he's been getting better and better as it goes on. 20.2 PPG in January and 22.9 PPG in his last 10 games.

Better yet...In only four games in January did he score under 10 pts...(5,6,7, and 8 points...) But he averaged under 20 minutes in those 4 games. He's obviously better as he plays more. So as someone said before, you hope nothing goes wrong with him as he takes over the job of being our big scorer.

Edit...Can't forget that he averages nearly 7 rebounds a game and in 5 of the last 10 games he's had 10 or more of them.

brisk002
02-02-2009, 11:52 AM
You're crazy. You must not be watching C-Vill. Why trade a player when he is finally starting to perform like he was supposed to all along.

TRADE CV while his value is high. I'll take David Lee for CV anyday, especially since he is restricted free agent at end of the year. If CV plays at this high of a level rest of the year we cannot afford him! We have to trade CV or Sessions, and right now you wouldn't get a David Lee for Sessions, so we'd trade CV. Its a possibilitie this happens. I would not be dissapointed

Brew Crew
02-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Well so is David Lee so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Lee can expect a qualifying offer of about 2.7 but I'm sure he will get more. If we could afford Lee for years to come, then we can afford Charlie V.

favre_4life
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I would absolutly make that trade right now, as I'm typing. While i can see why some of you don't want to trade CV right now, I think his trade value is so high right now. David Lee is the perfect low post banger that we NEED next to Andrew Bogut. If this team is going to get better, then we need a low post threat next to Bogut. Yah CV will come in and score a bunch of points, but he takes to many shots, doesn't rebound particularly well, and he might be the weakest PF in the NBA.
I know his stats say otherwise but he doesn't rebound the ball well. He never boxes out. Usually when he does get a rebound it's comletley uncontested.

Bucks_Packers
02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
The Bucks team chemistry is working right now. Trading CV would really shake things up and we cant afford that right now. Milwaukee needs to push hard towards the 8th spot in the east so we can get recognized around the league as a playoff worthy team. CV is taking more shots now because he HAS to. Without him stepping up we would be on a 4 game losing streak. Instead, we are in the 8th spot, AHEAD OF THE KNICKS

brisk002
02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
yea well cv's do for a cold-streak

Brew Crew
02-02-2009, 03:06 PM
yea well cv's do for a cold-streak

Oh sorry, I forgot that you know when a guys streak is going to start or stop. This is the first time he's got an opportunity like this presented to him. I don't know if anyone knows what to expect out of him for games to come.

Jeremy22265
02-02-2009, 03:20 PM
cv for d lee is stupid tht makes no snense charlie v is going to be in the league a lot longer and is a better rebounder the only way d lee would be worth the bucks time is if he cud score 20ppg but he wont even in milwaukee he is overachieving as a center in the east wen he shud be a pf nd cv and bogut are perfect fit for each other one plays the post the other shoots from mid range to deep

AirJordanXVIII
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
I would do it for the Bucks, but the Knicks wouldnt touch it.

favre_4life
02-02-2009, 10:59 PM
cv for d lee is stupid tht makes no snense charlie v is going to be in the league a lot longer and is a better rebounder the only way d lee would be worth the bucks time is if he cud score 20ppg but he wont even in milwaukee he is overachieving as a center in the east wen he shud be a pf nd cv and bogut are perfect fit for each other one plays the post the other shoots from mid range to deep

How do you know CV is going to be in the league longer. If i had to guess I would Lee would be, because he actually makes a concious effort to box out and rebound the ball.
What games are you watching? CV is not good at all at rebounding the ball!
Actually there not a good fit. For Bogut to thrive for the Bucks they need someone else to be able to play adaquate defense alongside Bogut, and the ability to box someone out and fight for a rebound.

wissportsfan
02-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I actually think that would be good, looking at the long run. Lee is a good player.

crewfan13
02-03-2009, 04:10 PM
idk about the deal, Lee is a more consistent player and you know what you're getting outta him. He'll get you 10-15 points and about 10 boards, but I don't really see him devoloping much more offensive potential and he's never gonna be a dominant offensive force. CV isn't as good of rebounder or post defender, but is more athletic, and much better offensively. So its really a pick your poision kinda situation. Its either take CV who, with alittle work in the weight room and with boxing out, could prolly be a better player, or take Lee who's consistent, but doesn't offer that much potential to improve.

Jambox5000
02-03-2009, 06:56 PM
What do their respective contracts look like? Isn't CV a FA next year? David Lee is top five in double doubles as well, no? Scott Skiles would probably like this trade.

PhillyLuver
02-03-2009, 06:58 PM
I think that would be awesome for you guys... not sure why they'd do it though.

brisk002
02-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Tim thomas also had good athletic ability and had one good season just like CV...

Brew Crew
02-04-2009, 01:57 AM
Tim thomas also had good athletic ability and had one good season just like CV...

CV also happens to be 25 and is getting his first real shot at a starting job with the role of being the main scorer so what you're saying doesn't mean to much yet.

crewfan13
02-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Cool he gets alot of double-doubles, but thats just a stat. Would you rather have a guy score 12 points and 10 boards or 25 points and 7 boards. I'm not saying thats what CV or Lee is gonna average, but I'm just saying take the double double thing with a grain of salt