PDA

View Full Version : Teams filled with 3 or more all-stars or Teams with one superstar?

FOBolous
01-31-2009, 09:21 PM
do you prefer a team loaded with 3 or more all stars? or a team with one bonified superstar and a whole bunch of role players? by all stars...i mean players who have actually played in the all-star games or players that are going to play in the all star game this year

Example of teams with 3 or more all stars

Utah with Okur, Boozer, Dwill, and AK47...all of whom were in the all star game a few years back

Orlando this year with Reshard Lewis, Nelson, and Dwight Howard

Example of a team with one superstar and a whole bunch of role players

Cleveland with Lebron James

miller
01-31-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd go with a big 3. A superstar still needs a sidekick. Roll players will be needed too, but a genuine talent next to him is a must.

what54!?
01-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Give me a big 3 anyday. I know if one or two of my players are off one of them is on. You can also make a dynasty easier that way

IversonIsKrazy
02-01-2009, 12:17 AM
big 3 w/o a doubt.

Duncan/Ginobili/Parker
Kobe/Pau/Bynum
PP/KG/Ray

lakers4sho
02-01-2009, 12:20 AM
big 3

it's easier to contain one superstar than 3.

FOBolous
02-01-2009, 12:38 AM
In theory...yes, the "big 3" will be better than a team with just one superstar but in reality, Cleveland, a team with just one superstar, have gone farther in the playoffs than a team like Utah, who you can say has a "big 4" cause they have 4 all-stars in one year before.

Nighthawk
02-01-2009, 12:40 AM
In theory...yes, the "big 3" will be better than a team with just one superstar but in reality, Cleveland, a team with just one superstar, have gone farther in the playoffs than a team like Utah, who you can say has a "big 4" cause they have 4 all-stars in one year before.

BIG 4??? Utah does not have 4 superstars

Kenny
02-01-2009, 12:43 AM
very misleading since Mo Williams could of easily made the all star team and Big z already has made a couple of all star games

FOBolous
02-01-2009, 12:51 AM
BIG 4??? Utah does not have 4 superstars

they have 4 all-stars...back a few seasons ago, 4 of their players were in the all-star game together at the same time.

very misleading since Mo Williams could of easily made the all star team and Big z already has made a couple of all star games

Mo Williams wasn't there with Lebron took Cleveland to the final...but yea, Big Z already made a couple of all star games but i don't think he's an all-star anymore...not anywhere close

-EDIT-

oh and when i mean having multiple all-stars, i meant several players on the same team been chosen to go to the all-star games together in ONE season. so that counts out Mo Williams...he's all-star calibur but not an all-star and i don't think big z is going to be in the all-star game again anytime soon

GoatMilk
02-01-2009, 12:53 AM
well Deron has never officially been an All-Star, but we all know he is one

lakers4sho
02-01-2009, 12:54 AM

Consider their opponents. I think Utah would've been in the Finals as well if they were in Cleveland's place.

Meanwhile, I doubt that the Cavs would advance to the 2nd round against the West in full strength.

02-01-2009, 01:49 AM
YO GUYS...for me it depends on wat do u mean by superstar...if its a superstar that is self centered and only makes him self better than big 3 any day...but if i have a superstar that is not only an elite player but makes others around him look like all stars ... i wuld have that superstar anyday... example..steve nash.... made joe johnson be on the map..pick and roll with stoudamire to perfection...wide open shots for barbosa..raja bell..boris diaw...etc...another example...lebron JAmes... superior talent and makes others aroudn him look awesome...anderson varejo..wide open dunks from feeds..ILGUASKAS wide open looks.. he even makes BEN WALLACE look like MJ...sorry bad joke...anwho so overall a superstar like that i wuld have over three or four all stars any day.. BUT IN ORDER TO WIN IT ALL U GOT TO HAVE the stars who can compliment eachother to the fullest... not a random bunck of stars that have the same game..

02-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Nice topic of discussion bro

JordansBulls
02-01-2009, 01:54 AM
3 stars

lakers4sho
02-01-2009, 02:04 AM
Nice topic of discussion bro

Nice username bro

Lone Maverick
02-01-2009, 02:15 AM
3 stars ftw

iluvsports2much
02-01-2009, 02:40 AM
close thread....jk jk id take the 3 stars cuz not even his airness could win without some decent help...

FOBolous
02-01-2009, 10:57 AM
so all of you are saying you prefer teams like Utah and Orlando over teams like Cleveland?