PDA

View Full Version : mike dantoni

kvrnm
01-31-2009, 08:58 PM
I just got done looking at the standings and as of now the knicks are in the hunt for a playoff spot... this is simply amazing to me, considering that they started the year with randolph and crawford as there top players, and there not even on the team anymore!!! i realize they are just 20-25, but still how much credit does dantoni deserve? i think he has been doing a pretty outstanding job.

NyK #8 Ro0st3r
01-31-2009, 09:12 PM
If we make the play-offs I believe Mike D'antoni deserves the coach of the year award

HOZ THE KNICK
01-31-2009, 09:13 PM
he gets a lot of credit we won 23 games last season we now have atlease 20 before the break we have no stars on this team so that proves he is 1 hell of a basketball coach.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-31-2009, 09:15 PM
D'ANTONI coach of the yr hands down.

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Alot of credit, he is turning the ship around in the right direction. Coach of the Year Award.

dudeonthemoon
01-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Give some credit to Chris Duhon

Second City
01-31-2009, 09:35 PM
He is really good.

miller
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
D'Antoni has really proven beyond doubt that he is an elite coach. Duhon has excelled beyond what I thought he could do. Both have really impressed me.

zzach001
01-31-2009, 09:50 PM
knicks just the sheeeeeeeeeeeet

wwwhat
01-31-2009, 09:52 PM
IMO, he's proven he's a great regular season head coach and can win a hell of a lot of games with the run n' gun. I would just like to see him do well in the playoffs, that'd really cement his status as a great one.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-31-2009, 10:49 PM
IMO, he's proven he's a great regular season head coach and can win a hell of a lot of games with the run n' gun. I would just like to see him do well in the playoffs, that'd really cement his status as a great one.
boooooo! :down:

Giaps
01-31-2009, 10:51 PM
If they make the playoffs I really think he deserves COY. It's either him or Mike Brown and the Knicks don't have Lebron James.

xSolidx
01-31-2009, 10:51 PM
boooooo! :down:
What so wrong about that statement?

soundjunkies2
01-31-2009, 11:04 PM
D'ANTONI coach of the yr hands down.

Erik Spoelstra deserves it more than him IMO

TheBatchelor213
01-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Erik Spoelstra deserves it more than him IMO

no way does Spoelstra deserve it more, they have way more talent and have not had to deal with what Mike has had to deal with in New York.

I have felt all along the Knicks would do well and suprise alot of people in the East so I am glad people are starting to take notice.

soundjunkies2
01-31-2009, 11:14 PM
no way does Spoelstra deserve it more, they have way more talent and have not had to deal with what Mike has had to deal with in New York.

I have felt all along the Knicks would do well and suprise alot of people in the East so I am glad people are starting to take notice.

They have more talent?After wade,marion and Beasly who do they have? and everything mike has had to deal with is part of his dueing.

Giaps
01-31-2009, 11:18 PM
I forgot about Spoelstra, he's done a great job too... although that team has a healthy Wade.

what54!?
01-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Don't get me wrong Dantoni has done a great job but getting 8th seed in the playoffs isn't good enough for CoTY. Spo has done great job with the heat. Yes the Heat do have a healthy D.wade but our other young players are stepping up.

Spurred1
02-01-2009, 02:02 AM
He's done an impressive job with that team. I thought he wouldn't work out there, but the players really enjoy his type of coaching and game.

gcoll
02-01-2009, 02:13 AM
I've always liked Mike D.

Still do.

He makes the game more fun, and questions conventional wisdom. The "Suns failed in the playoffs!!!" people, ignore all the details, and treat basketball like it is a science or something.

"You can only win in the regular season with that system" is ********.

Kakaroach
02-01-2009, 02:15 AM
I personally think that what Mike D'antoni has done is incredible. After losing two great players in Crawfrod and Randolph, he's still managing to win games. But the Coach of the Year is still Stan Van Gundy.

hotpotato1092
02-01-2009, 02:31 AM
Give some credit to Chris Duhon

Look at Chris Duhon's stats before D'antoni and look at Steve Nash's stats post D'antoni, Duhon deserves almost none of the credit because D'antoni made him what he is now. They could insert any point guard in there and D'antoni would make it work.

IRUAM #21
02-01-2009, 02:37 AM
^^^ Even Marcus Banks :eyebrow:

ink
02-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Look at Chris Duhon's stats before D'antoni and look at Steve Nash's stats post D'antoni, Duhon deserves almost none of the credit because D'antoni made him what he is now. They could insert any point guard in there and D'antoni would make it work.

Yeah, just insert any PG. I love the blanket statements that get made in here. :pity:

^^^ Even Marcus Banks :eyebrow:

Burn.

ndfan23
02-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Dude go look at Duhon stats when he was on the Bulls and you will see the only reason he is doing better is because he's getting more minutes

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-01-2009, 02:46 AM
what gives him even more due is the fact that phoenix is whirling down the toilet so much that their thinking of trading stat....as a laker fan, seeing d'antnoni in the east and phoneix not a threat....i like it. altho i want pj for coy i think d'antoni deserves a shot.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-01-2009, 02:47 AM

oh...ok...so steve nash sucks too

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-01-2009, 02:47 AM
becuz any pg will do apparently

IRUAM #21
02-01-2009, 03:38 AM
lol

aNYer
02-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Duhan gets more possessions in this system but his assist to turn over ratio is good and he is shooting over 40% from 3. All while leading the league in minutes, or down to 3rd.

He touches the ball a lot and does a lot of good with it. He deserves his fair share of credit. the system boosts stats true but it doesn't make you better and what he is doing with the ball is very good

Raps18-19 Champ
02-01-2009, 10:29 AM
I just got done looking at the standings and as of now the knicks are in the hunt for a playoff spot... this is simply amazing to me, considering that they started the year with randolph and crawford as there top players, and there not even on the team anymore!!! i realize they are just 20-25, but still how much credit does dantoni deserve? i think he has been doing a pretty outstanding job.

everyone other than the wizards are in the hunt

Stupid Brian Colangelo didnt sign him. Imagine we had him. we would atleast have 25 wins

kvrnm
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
everyone other than the wizards are in the hunt

Stupid Brian Colangelo didnt sign him. Imagine we had him. we would atleast have 25 wins

yaa but who would have thought the knicks would be in the hunt... especially with all the trades and such this year..

Missing56&33
02-01-2009, 06:37 PM
If we make the play-offs I believe Mike D'antoni deserves the coach of the year award

agreed, he is already the leading candidate IMO, even with a 20-25 record, he has changed the teams competitiveness

29$JerZ
02-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Cleveland has LBJ, Miami has Wade. Who does NY have?? :laugh2:

Knicks make playoffs, Mike deserves it. Although don't count out Gundy.

madiaz3
02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Dude go look at Duhon stats when he was on the Bulls and you will see the only reason he is doing better is because he's getting more minutes

This.

Also if anyone has watched a game this year, let me get something straight with you all.

We do not run SSOL
We run a modified version, but the emphasis on defense is there and that is the reason we have won 7 of the last 10, all against quality opponents. EVERYONE is running around playing quality defense, and the key to our success is Dantoni's acknowledgment of our personnel and him knowing how to get the most out of our players. Every player is in a position to cover each other's man regardless of mismatch, and by continually swarming the opposition we create turnovers and happen to be a great running team as well. We grind out our offense all of the time, not looking to hoist up the first shot we can.

Just how far have the knicks turned it around? We'll see after dream week if they are really a force to be reckoned with.