PDA

View Full Version : Could Michelle Obama run for president?

niners395
01-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Do you guys think Michelle Obama might be the next Hillary Clinton? Become a politician, and then eventually run for president? She is an amazing woman, and is definitely qualified for the job. Attended Princeton and Harvard Law,and has worked in politics before as part of the staff of the Chicago mayor. She has done everything including: working in law, marketing, intelectual property (whatever that is), non profit organizations (she was the top fund raiser), associate dean, executive director for community affairs at chicago hospitals, board member of Treehouse foods inc., and she seems to have run her family very well and has been able to find at least 5 days a week to spent time with them amidst all of that work. She writes her own speeches and speaks without notes, unlike her husband who gets some help from speech writers. She will be 53 in 2016, and 57 in 2020, and so on, which is def. not too old to run for President, Hillary was 61. So what do you guys think? Could she and should she become a politician and run for President someday? I think she would make a fine president...

{}
01-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Sure,why not? She has all those wonderful superficial attributes that voters long for in a president.

Not to mention, all sorts of useful real life experience. I think she'd be the greatest president, errr...2nd greatest in US HISTORY!

behindmydesk
01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
No I don't think so.

The first woman president I believe unfortunately will be Chelsea Clinton.

SmthBluCitrus
01-31-2009, 08:28 PM
I think Michelle Obama could have a political future -- if she wanted one. But, I'm not sure she'd aspire to the level of President.

I agree with bmd though -- Chelsea Clinton has a bright future.

Cubsrule
01-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Depends on how well Obama's presidency goes. If it's good then there is obviously a possibility, but if it goes horrible then it would be hard to make a case for her. Thank god Hillary wasn't the first female president, I am still holding out some kind of hope on Palin, but we'll see.

gcoll
02-01-2009, 01:16 AM
I don't vote for women that can beat me up, and that she beast could kick my ***.

abe_froman
02-01-2009, 03:37 AM
she could,she meets all requirements.but doubt it as shes much less into politics as her husband

blenderboy5
02-01-2009, 03:46 AM
He's like her husband, except even less qualified. All she has going for her is her husband, gender, and color of her skin.

niners395
02-01-2009, 11:08 AM
My uncle whose a journalist told me that in an interview with Barack Obama, my uncle wasnt the one interviewing, Barack said that he always expected Michelle to be the one who becomes president.

PHIfaninSPAIN
02-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't think she would become President. Maybe a Senator or Congresswoman. But I thought most people were tired of the political "families" in the White House like the Clintons and Bushes. But who am I to stop her? If shes as ambitious as Hillary is then maybe... On that note, do you think former First Lady Bush would ever get into politics?

SmthBluCitrus
02-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Barbara? Nah, she's old as ****. ;)

No, I don't think we'll see Laura involved in Politics -- at least not on a national level. But, I don't think she'll do anything local, either.

Da Jam Hammer
02-01-2009, 01:23 PM
He's like her husband, except even less qualified. All she has going for her is her husband, gender, and color of her skin.

I know right, Im getting tired of all the black presidents we have had. Enough is enough already... I cant wait till a white man finally gets a fair chance.

niners395
02-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Barbara? Nah, she's old as ****. ;)

No, I don't think we'll see Laura involved in Politics -- at least not on a national level. But, I don't think she'll do anything local, either.

Yea plus she wasn't a very influential first lady, shes not up their with nancy reagan, abigail adams, jackie kennedy, and hillary

SmthBluCitrus
02-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Yep. She played a role -- but she was certainly among the backdrop. More like the "classic" image of a First Lady.

WES445
02-02-2009, 08:27 AM
I know right, Im getting tired of all the black presidents we have had. Enough is enough already... I cant wait till a white man finally gets a fair chance.lol, or all those female presidents. lol

blenderboy5
02-02-2009, 10:35 AM
I know right, Im getting tired of all the black presidents we have had. Enough is enough already... I cant wait till a white man finally gets a fair chance.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant...

Yep. She played a role -- but she was certainly among the backdrop. More like the "classic" image of a First Lady.

SHe was more into teaching little kids to read than trying to shove health insurance for the kids through Congress I suppose.

Regardless of your feelings for her husband, it's hard not to like Laura Bush. Though no, she won't be running for Prez any time soon.

SmthBluCitrus
02-02-2009, 11:32 AM
SHe was more into teaching little kids to read than trying to shove health insurance for the kids through Congress I suppose.

Regardless of your feelings for her husband, it's hard not to like Laura Bush. Though no, she won't be running for Prez any time soon.

Yea, I suppose that -- aside from her killing a school-mate while she was 17 after failing to heed a stop sign on a clear Texas evening, on her way to a party, where she just claimed she wasn't inebriated (and the police took her word for it without any sort of sobriety test), and no charges were filed -- it's pretty easy to like Laura Bush; manslaughter and all. ;)

I love that reading is more important than child health care provisions though. "Sorry Timmy, you're dying for some reason. But, hey, at least you can read! Woot you!"

Nah, nothing wrong with reading; it's great actually, I do it everyday. But, lets not pretend that Laura Bush is a better person because she doesn't utilize her husband's influence to "shove" a specific agenda through Congress that ultimately results in health care for kids. Or, because she has political aspirations beyond being a First Lady. Or, simply because she wants to make a difference, too.

Let's not play that game.

lakersrock
02-02-2009, 01:01 PM

Yeah I know. We've never had one, so it's getting old. Well, unless you count a 50% WHITE / 20% ARAB / 30% BLACK guy black.

SmthBluCitrus
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
So, wait ... are we not back to him not being black enough to be considered black? You guys have to keep us better informed of your intentions.

Before the Iowa caucus, he was too black for white Iowa to vote for him.
Before South Carolina, he wasn't black enough for black South Carolina to vote for him.
Before Pennsylvania, he was too black (i.e. not white enough) for Pennsyltucky to come out and support him.
During the General Election, he was too black and that's why black America came out to support him.

But, now he's not black enough to be the first black President??

It's too much of a guessing game.

CuseDude87
02-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah I know. We've never had one, so it's getting old. Well, unless you count a 50% WHITE / 20% ARAB / 30% BLACK guy black.

No worries, Michelle will satisfy both the 100% black and female President requirements. ;)

No, honestly, I don't think she'll run for President. I could be wrong, but she seems content to get things done as First Lady, and from there it will depend on how Barack does during his term(s).

As for not having the qualifications, how about we wait and see how Barack does and compare it to the "more qualified, more experienced" George W. tenure before casting an aspiring presidential candidate to the wayside in the name of "qualification" and "experience."

lakersrock
02-02-2009, 01:17 PM
When you're more white than black, you're white. I have Indian and Irish in me, but I'm white.

behindmydesk
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Yea, I suppose that -- aside from her killing a school-mate while she was 17 after failing to heed a stop sign on a clear Texas evening, on her way to a party, where she just claimed she wasn't inebriated (and the police took her word for it without any sort of sobriety test), and no charges were filed -- it's pretty easy to like Laura Bush; manslaughter and all. ;)

I love that reading is more important than child health care provisions though. "Sorry Timmy, you're dying for some reason. But, hey, at least you can read! Woot you!"

Nah, nothing wrong with reading; it's great actually, I do it everyday. But, lets not pretend that Laura Bush is a better person because she doesn't utilize her husband's influence to "shove" a specific agenda through Congress that ultimately results in health care for kids. Or, because she has political aspirations beyond being a First Lady. Or, simply because she wants to make a difference, too.

Let's not play that game.

Wow coming from someone who likes Ted Kennedy.

SmthBluCitrus
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Wow coming from someone who likes Ted Kennedy.

:laugh2:

Teddy the pol! I love Teddy the pol! Not Teddy the "dump-your-body-in-a-river" man.

Besides, my judgment is clouded by his overt liberal-ness. :D

Hawkize31
02-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't think she would become President. Maybe a Senator or Congresswoman. But I thought most people were tired of the political "families" in the White House like the Clintons and Bushes. But who am I to stop her? If shes as ambitious as Hillary is then maybe... On that note, do you think former First Lady Bush would ever get into politics?

I don't know, they keep voting for them. Hillary got a ton of votes this primary season, Jeb Bush is popular in Florida and might make a run at the White House, Bush Jr. got elected and re-elected. People seem to keep voting for White house families.

abe_froman
02-02-2009, 04:34 PM

i'd try and teach you the intricacies of racial make up,but i'm guessing thats probably not going to get through

WES445
02-02-2009, 04:45 PM
When you're more white than black, you're white. I have Indian and Irish in me, but I'm white.

What color is the sky in your world?

Da Jam Hammer
02-02-2009, 11:47 PM

When you look more like Chris Rock than Ben Affleck, your black. The acceptation of course is Wayne Brady.

PHX-SOXFAN
02-02-2009, 11:54 PM
What color is the sky in your world?

have you ever been to oklahoma and overheard a racial/political/philosophical discussion. I spent a year there, it's like getting in a time machine and going backwards about 25 years.

gcoll
02-03-2009, 12:55 AM
have you ever been to oklahoma and overheard a racial/political/philosophical discussion. I spent a year there, it's like getting in a time machine and going backwards about 25 years.

25 years? What was so bad about 1984? Not the book, but the year?

I was only -3 at the time, but what does that mean? Oklahoma is stuck in the 80's?

WES445
02-03-2009, 02:49 AM

Never been to Oklahoma. ??

PHIfaninSPAIN
02-03-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't know, they keep voting for them. Hillary got a ton of votes this primary season, Jeb Bush is popular in Florida and might make a run at the White House, Bush Jr. got elected and re-elected. People seem to keep voting for White house families.

I guess I underestimated nostalgia. I think Hillary rode the anti-Obama and the whole Bill Clinton wife thing she had going on. I just remember hearing people saying something along the lines of "we're tired of Clintons and Bushes" and I thought that people wanted to move away from the families running the country. Idk, maybe I misinterpretted it and people don't care about certain families running the country. Maybe they just wanted a different family. I personally don't think I would vote for Michelle Obama because we don't agree on much. But I wouldn't be surprised if she made a run for the Senate and then President ala her husband.

stejay
02-03-2009, 08:27 AM
nope. simple as

PHX-SOXFAN
02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
25 years? What was so bad about 1984? Not the book, but the year?

I was only -3 at the time, but what does that mean? Oklahoma is stuck in the 80's?

in terms of racial tolerance and being openminded? yes.

what was so bad about 1984? economically it's about the same as now. so quite a bit.

QuietWyatt
02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
I think he's speaking on behalf of white folks in 1984. :D

ari1013
02-05-2009, 03:06 PM
I told myself not to look at this thread... But it got up to three pages so I couldn't help myself. Now I'm going to pretend I never click on it.

MickeyMgl
02-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Do you guys think Michelle Obama might be the next Hillary Clinton? Become a politician, and then eventually run for president? She is an amazing woman, and is definitely qualified for the job.

In what way? None of what you listed qualifies her to run the country.