Why is he still on the market the guy was nasty last season
where do you think he will end up?

tooch
01-31-2009, 07:41 PM
yankees.
but i would like him to come back to the d backs

Young2Kinsler
01-31-2009, 07:49 PM
With Texas losing a reliever for the season, I know they are on the market for one. If they don't like Sheets medical outlook, fixing the bullpen is the next option. But I'll **** my pants if that happens.

whitesoxfan83
01-31-2009, 07:50 PM
him and dennys reyes shouldnt be out there

mark1125
01-31-2009, 08:03 PM
The fact that he is a type A has scared off a lot of teams. No one wants to kick up a 1st rounder for him. If the first pick is protected, it may be tempting if the price is right.

BALLER71
01-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Yankees IMO.

Matt-the-great
01-31-2009, 09:11 PM
it is just the looss of a First Round pick keeping teams away....the team that gets him will have to be a highly competetive team that will end up with a late draft pick anyway...

bloodhawk
01-31-2009, 09:21 PM
it is just the looss of a First Round pick keeping teams away....the team that gets him will have to be a highly competetive team that will end up with a late draft pick anyway...

exactly, however, if the Yankees do sign him, he'll only cost a 3rd or fourth rounder...

jaysfan4ever
01-31-2009, 09:26 PM
exactly, however, if the Yankees do sign him, he'll only cost a 3rd or fourth rounder...

4th, because of CC, Tex, and AJ.

bloodhawk
01-31-2009, 09:29 PM
4th, because of CC, Tex, and AJ.

my mistake, thanks for the correction...

nyteamsports09
01-31-2009, 09:34 PM
does anyone think the Mets might be a fit?

bloodhawk
01-31-2009, 09:37 PM
does anyone think the Mets might be a fit?

as of right now...any team willing to pay the price is a fit...imagine if it's Cruz- Putz- K-Rod in the 7th, 8th, 9th, respectively....nasty...

TheShock45
01-31-2009, 10:06 PM
yankees, phillies or dbacks are the only ones who would risk the draft pick as of right now

muletrain2
01-31-2009, 10:32 PM
I think the Yankees can't sign anymore type A free agents. They really don't need Cruz either. Their bull pen was strong last year.

SJ5382
01-31-2009, 10:50 PM
I think the Yankees can't sign anymore type A free agents. They really don't need Cruz either. Their bull pen was strong last year.
That is true. There is a limit of three:

If there are 14 or fewer Type A or Type B free agents available, no team can sign more than one type A or B player. If there are between 15-38, no team can sign more than two. If there are between 39 and 62, there's a limit of three. However, teams can sign as many Type A or B free agents as they've lost, regardless of the limits above.
http://baseball.about.com/od/majorleaguebasics/a/freeagentprimer.htm

This is new to me.

YANKSJETSKNICKS
01-31-2009, 11:06 PM
thats not true

Run Gardner Run
01-31-2009, 11:16 PM
That is true. There is a limit of three:

http://baseball.about.com/od/majorleaguebasics/a/freeagentprimer.htm

This is new to me.

Wrong.

Fear not, greedy Yankee fans, the Yankees can sign all the Type A free agents if they want.

A story on MLB.com today said the Yankees had reached the quota on Type A free agents.

This led to seriously a dozen e-mails from fans who want Juan Cruz, Adam Dunn and/or Manny Ramirez.

Turns out the story is wrong. Brian Cashman said the Yankees could sign up to eight if they want. Im not sure of the exact number, but its one we wont worry about either way, he said.

Im not clear on the exact reasons. But the large pool of FAs led to an adjustment in the quota. I also think it has something to do with how many ranked FAs they had.

Panic over. Think big thoughts.
And, no, Cash wouldnt way whether than plan to sign anybody else.

loHud (http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/01/30/yankees-can-sign-whoever-they-want/)

And so what if the Yankees bullpen was good last year? Bullpens sway from Great to Terrible all the time. This would just make it better on paper, and a better chance at being great again

donnie23
01-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Detroit wouldn't have to give up a first rounder and they could use bullpen!

THINKBLUE15
01-31-2009, 11:32 PM
He's not signed yet because he would cost a first rounder and I don;t know where he will end up.

mark1125
02-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Detroit wouldn't have to give up a first rounder and they could use bullpen!

I have been hoping for that all this off season, but it has not been discussed. I would ove to see him get a shot to close.

RileyJ
02-01-2009, 03:20 AM
With Texas losing a reliever for the season, I know they are on the market for one. If they don't like Sheets medical outlook, fixing the bullpen is the next option. But I'll **** my pants if that happens.

Yeah Texas makes sense. Adam Dunn makes a lot of sense for Texas too. I'm very surprised they haven't went after him yet. It seems like a perfect fit. Imagine how many dingers this guy would smash in that ball park? There's still some really decent free agents available. I guess the economy really is that bad huh?

jcphik
02-01-2009, 09:46 AM
I want Juan Cruz on the Yankee's, I think that he is a beast, and could make the Yankees have the best bullpen in all of baseball, along with a top 3 rotation...this bullpen would be deadly...
Mo
Marte
Bruney
Ramirez
Cruz
Veras
Aceves/Giese
Melancon

ebtek1
02-01-2009, 10:40 AM

the yankees can sign up to 8 type a FAs... and you can NEVER have too much depth in the bullpen.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/01/yankees-reach-f.html

NyYaNkEeS 91
02-01-2009, 10:45 AM
yankees because he would cost like a 5th rd pick

Young2Kinsler
02-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah Texas makes sense. Adam Dunn makes a lot of sense for Texas too. I'm very surprised they haven't went after him yet. It seems like a perfect fit. Imagine how many dingers this guy would smash in that ball park? There's still some really decent free agents available. I guess the economy really is that bad huh?

I'd love Dunn here, if he were a righty I think we would be all over him. But this lineup is lefty stacked, and we would probably have to trade Blalock to sign another bat. Manny makes sense to, Hamilton/Manny mmmmmmmmmmm