PDA

View Full Version : Satan Showing He Still Has Gas Left in the Tank

SidTheKid
01-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Miroslav Satan considered the phone message he got in the wee hours of the morning July 3 a pretty good wakeup call.

"I think the message came in about 2:30 a.m.," the 34-year-old wing said about the call to his home in Topolcany, Slovakia. "But ..."

He smiled. Satan said he had to rub his eyes and make sure he was awake before returning the phone message his agent left him that the Pittsburgh Penguins had offered him a one-year, $3.5 million contract this past summer.

"You don't usually wake up and have someone tell you that you might get a chance to play on the same team with a guy like Sidney Crosby," he recalled, before answering a question about how long it took him to say yes to the Penguins. "Uh ... I think it took me about two hours. I had to talk to my wife and agent. But after playing against that team and those players last season, I knew this was a chance I could not pass up."

Truth is, after the Penguins lost heavily in free agency -- with Marian Hossa going to Detroit and Ryan Malone, Gary Roberts and Adam Hall all signing with the Tampa Bay Lightning, Pittsburgh needed a little lightning strike of its own. And Satan has proven to be a pretty nifty goal scorer throughout his 12 NHL seasons with Edmonton, Buffalo and most recently the New York Islanders, where he slumped to just 16 goals last season.

"I remember when I was a kid in Buffalo," Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik, said chuckling a little at the thought that this rest of his comment might make Miro sound old. "I remember seeing him score 40 goals one season. I'd be sitting there in the arena or watching on TV and say to myself, 'He's not very fast. How does he do that?' But after playing against him, I've learned that he's pretty slippery."

Said Crosby, "Miro is a guy who has that sense of how to find open spots in the defense and then just sits there and waits for the puck."

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=406958&page=NewsPage&service=page

jzelenda
01-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Gas in the tank... more like fumes out his a-hole.

SidTheKid
01-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Gas in the tank... more like fumes out his a-hole.

I know I laughed when I saw that headline :laugh2: