PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me?

NYstateofMinD
01-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Well since I am going to major in english education, I need to be able to write diversely so...

Can you guys give me some controversial topics I could write about on the NBA? Maybe some particular team, players, etc. thanks. :cool:

Raps18-19 Champ
01-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Isiah Thomas cuz he is mentally ********.
Marbury(see above).

SensandRaps
01-30-2009, 05:11 PM
you could do something like how teams get traded to other teams to only request i buyout to go back to their old team. ex McDyess, traded by detroit to denver,gets bought out to go back to detroit. This gives people the feeling that some teams are breaking the rules before they trade.

Highlight
01-30-2009, 05:21 PM
A REALLY good one would be a paper on Reffing in the NBA. That's probably the most controversial topic and is very interesting. Reffing in the NBA has been a big issue lately. Gambling and the fact that NBA refs have a big say in who wins games. Basketball games lie in the refs whistle/hands more than any other sport.

Here are some other random ones:

Kobe/Shaq/Phil (Lakers fued)

The Knicks downfall.

I agree about the trade/buyout deal. That's very controversial.

What is an MVP?

Is Phil Jackson the greatest coach ever? (You could give both sides of the argument) Phil always had a great team or sets of players, which resulted in his success, but then you can give the one example of Phil going far in the playoffs without Jordan. (With Pippen and Co.)

Jon0423
01-30-2009, 05:26 PM
I did a term paper last year on players going straight to the NBA from high school.

bleedprple&gold
01-30-2009, 05:35 PM
How about on the criteria used to select all-stars, mvps, and other awards, since it always seems to be inconsistent (and therefore controversial)

Highlight
01-30-2009, 05:35 PM
I did a term paper last year on players going straight to the NBA from high school.

That's a really good topic as well.

NYstateofMinD
01-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Im feeling all these ideas. Thanks a lot guys.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Im feeling all these ideas. Thanks a lot guys.
do your thing boy! :D