PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Penguins at New Jersey Devils

SidTheKid
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
THE FUNDAMENTALS

Pittsburgh Penguins (24-21-4-52) at New Jersey Devils (31-15-3-65)

Where: Prudential Center
When: Friday, January 30, 7:00 p.m.
Radio: WXDX Radio, FM 105.9
TV: FSN Pittsburgh, the game will be broadcast in HD, available on Armstrong 179, Atlantic Broadband 782, Citizen 737, Comcast 226/774, DISH 428 and DirecTV 659.
*View FSN's HD Broadcast Schedule here
Season Series: The Penguins are 2-1-1 against the New Jersey Devils this season, with a 1-1-0 mark at the Prudential Center. In their last meeting in New Jersey, Marc-Andre Fleury made 37 saves and shut out the Devils for a 1-0 Penguins' victory.

PENGUINS PROJECTED LINES
Forwards
Dupuis-Crosby-Malkin
Minard-Staal-Sykora
Kennedy-Talbot-Satan
Godard-Thomas-Bissonnette

Defense
Scuderi-Whitney
Eaton-Letang
Orpik-Boucher

Netminder
Fleury

KEYS TO VICTORY
Break the Trap: Pittsburgh has struggled mightily against trapping-style teams like Minnesota, Vancouver and Tampa Bay. The Devils have utilized the trap for nearly two decades and are considered the masters of the strategy. The Penguins will have to make crisp breakout passes to break the trap and not allow the Devils to frustrate them.

Protect the Crease: The Penguins did a nice job of clearing traffic in front of their net against the Rangers but have struggled at times this season with keeping the crease clear. New Jersey loves to crash the net and pick up ugly goals from close range. The Penguins need to improve on this facet of their game and it may be the difference in the game.

LOWDOWN ON THE DEVILS

Head coach Brent Sutter is in his second season leading the Devils. Sutter steered the club to a 46-29-7 record last year, finishing fourth in the Eastern Conference with 99 points and earning a playoff berth.

New Jersey appeared to suffer a huge blow when the franchise, Martin Brodeur, was lost following bicep surgery at the start of November. The Devils were 6-2-2 before losing Brodeur. The team struggled off the bat without their future Hall of Fame goaltender, losing five of the first six games. Since then, however, New Jersey has been unstoppable. The Devils went on a 16-4-1 run to jump in the Atlantic Division standing. The Devils are the hottest team in the NHL right now. New Jersey defeated the Boston Bruins, 4-3, in overtime Thursday night to win its seventh straight contest.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=406784

pittspens71
01-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Let's go pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hat trick malkin

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Let's go pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hat trick malkin

That's the spirit. Devils would be a tough opponent to get one on, even without Brodeur.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Game time boyos!

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Good God Fleury looks spry tonight!

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-2.php?i=725

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Whitney Shot Deflected GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/t8lnic.png

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sidney crosby 3 seconds later 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm loving it on this forum by myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Devils... blah... 2-1. Boo.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm either the biggest loser sitting at home with a beer, pizza, in my man-cave watching the Pens on the internet and reporting alone... or the Greatest Penguins Fan Here!!!!!

I go with the latter.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 09:00 PM
2-1 Penguins, 1st period.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 09:43 PM
period 2, as reported by the greatest Pens fan, el zilcho, mucho action.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 09:54 PM
2nd intermission, the Devils announcers are blathering about Sidney whining and crying. I'm mighty sick of the tea-baggers jumping on a non-exsistant bandwagon. Sounds like dong envy to me, broken down half wit wash ups with their thumbs in the cornholes bashing someone that has more talent in his shadow than they do in their entire exsistance.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 10:02 PM
3rd period, Malkin shaken up. Not good.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Malkin 100th career goal freaking makes it 3-1 baby! Hurt my ARSE!

http://i43.tinypic.com/t8lnic.png

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Sykora lousy stupid terrible call for hooking given a 4 minute minor, and Shanahan shoots and scores 3-2 Devils. Still a power play. Blargh.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 10:37 PM
F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' 3-3 with 36 seconds left in the 3rd and Langenbrunner freaking scores... I repeat F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F' F'

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 10:47 PM
:mad:Langenbrunner freaking scores... game over. 4-3 in OT. They let Another freaking lead go. 3-1. 3-1!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::cry::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

Greatest, lonesome Penguins fan out. I need another beer.... :speechless:

rudemechanical
01-30-2009, 10:55 PM
We looked tired. I'd give Sid a day off here and there, with that knee.

SidTheKid
01-31-2009, 12:40 AM
:mad: