22) Mathieu Schneider, D (ATL)
Cap Hit: $5.625 million | Age: 39
23)Colby Armstrong, RW (ATL)
Cap Hit: $1.2 million | Age: 26
24) Chris Neil, RW (OTT)
Cap Hit: $1.1 million | Age: 29
25) Mike Knuble, RW (PHI)
Cap Hit: $2.8 million | Age: 36

Whitney? Staal? I know we all speculated. In fact I'm not all that hurt if either leave (though I do like Staal) but Whitney, well frankly, I like Letang and Goligoski much better.

Anyone on this list you guys would like to see? I know I'd love to see Colby Armstrong back. A few reasons, he's gutsy for one. The other is he's a good friend of Sid, and if he comes back Sid would be happier off the ice a well as on the ice. I think off the ice is more important than on the ice at times. It's a long lonely season, away from family and loved ones... So I think Armstrong coming back would bring his morale way up. We all know how our good friends brighten up our spirits. A happy Sid is a dangerous Sid.

I also italicized Chris Neil. I can't remember who on this forum loves the guy, but your debate has rubbed off on me. He's gritty. He's rough around the edges. He likes to get dirty. And this team could use a guy like that. So I cave, you win, Chris Neil is on my grocery list of players to pick up...

Thoughts?

J13Cox8
01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
i would LOVE to have colby back. i agree with everything you said about him. he's not a star player, but he's sidney's buddy. not to mention army's pit can come back. he's cheap. bring him back! other than that, i'd like to see a trade involving Ilya, possibly for Whitney or Staal and a couple picks. Ilya doesnt really like sidney though, but he loves malkin. i still remember when Ilya pointed to Sidney for "crying" about some bad calls.

bartlett2266
01-30-2009, 01:00 PM
ive have bigged up neil a lot may have been me he can play hockey to thats important to have in the playoffs u cant just throw out any slug (godard) or it will cost u in the playoffs. colby would be great but i hear atlanta loves him. great in the room gritty wears an A i dont see him going anywhere. I hope we keep whitney i think his combination of size skill off awarness is to valueable.letang should be untouchable i hope goligoski is the guy we trade.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 01:28 PM
i would LOVE to have colby back.

I'm glad to see someone on my side on this. I was almost heartbroken when he was shipped off. I thought it was a real low blow to morale. To get to the finals without him seemed almost cheap to me, and I know it's all business, but still, he grew from the same basement team that Sid and the rest did, for him not to be rewarded for it was crap in my book.

Ilya doesnt really like sidney though, but he loves malkin. i still remember when Ilya pointed to Sidney for "crying" about some bad calls.

If Shero's magic wand still has any oomph in it, and he does pull a trade for Ilya, I'd be as surprised as with Hossa. Also, in reference to him disliking Crosby, well he'll have to suck it up and hammer those layup passes into the net. Then we'll see who hates who when they're kissing the Stanley Cup...

pittspens71
01-30-2009, 05:09 PM
love to have chris neil or Nik Antropov. nik is a beast. we need one of those two.

pittspens71
01-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Teemu Pulkkinen hopefully he's a future pen. i wish and hope

bartlett2266
01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
antropov might be big but hes not tough or even a good player for that matter.

jzelenda
01-30-2009, 07:14 PM
antropov might be big but hes not tough or even a good player for that matter.

He was decent in Dallas. I'd rather see a grinder come to the team. Antripov would be ok, but he might turn into another Satan.

ldarius21
01-30-2009, 07:41 PM
We should definitely being Army back, I think we all felt a little betrayed when we saw his name in last years trade and knew that he wasnt going to the finals with us, a 3rd rounder should bring him back to da burgh. St. Louis and Hejduk are the two names that intrigue me the most. I think St. Louis would definitely be the guy for Sid to complete a true first line but Hejduk would make a nice addition to the 2nd line. Either way we all know that the current team is not the one we need to be ending the regular season because if it is we are not going to be watching the pens in the Stanley cup playoffs. Ily would be nice to have but would be a repeat of last years give many for so little. He will command a hefty price and we will not have the money to keep him IMO.

J13Cox8
01-30-2009, 08:49 PM
haha nice response, and your right jzelenda. id be willing to ship goligoski, 1st rounder and insert 3rd person (taffe? minard? etc..) IMO we have the depth to give defense, but we need to hold onto staal. although i too dont see that happening financially. staal, goligoski and 2nd rounder, for Ilya and someone else? im okay with that...

jmiller26
01-31-2009, 12:47 AM
I would like to see the pens bring in Wolski from the Avs. He is 22 and could be part of the core that shero has assembled. TIOPS is reporting that the pens have had discussions about him for whitney. I wouldn't be apposed to this since he wouldn't be a rental player like Hossa was last year.

slyguy7
02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
if we wld get ilya he stills has a contract into next year so we wld get playoffs and a year instead of just playoffs for hossa

datedrew
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
it would be nice to have colby back for a new A&L commercial ha

ShaunRiching9
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
i would way rather have Colby then Ilya Im sorry, i know ilya is waaay more skilled but Colby Brings Great character,leadership, grittiness,and lots of Heart to the pens dressing room and the pens need a guy like him in the room so him coming back would be awesome because he plays really grreat with sid and they are really good friends. as for skill wise i would like to bring in St.louis he brings skill and leadership to the pens or a guy like Hejduk a former 50 goal guy who can probably score 40 beside sid. I also think Whitney and Staal should stay at least for this season

TheRyno30
02-03-2009, 07:53 AM
We should definitely being Army back, I think we all felt a little betrayed when we saw his name in last years trade and knew that he wasnt going to the finals with us, a 3rd rounder should bring him back to da burgh. St. Louis and Hejduk are the two names that intrigue me the most. I think St. Louis would definitely be the guy for Sid to complete a true first line but Hejduk would make a nice addition to the 2nd line. Either way we all know that the current team is not the one we need to be ending the regular season because if it is we are not going to be watching the pens in the Stanley cup playoffs. Ily would be nice to have but would be a repeat of last years give many for so little. He will command a hefty price and we will not have the money to keep him IMO.

Yeah Sid and St. Louis on the same line ... that line would get killed. All you would need to do is throw out your hitters. Pretty much all you have to do is bang the Pens and youll beat them we have no toughness like we did last year in Ruuttu , Malone and Roberts. All those guys would fight and go to the net if they needed to all we have now is Godard to take Big George's place and no one to fill in for Malone and Roberts as much as Mad Max tries he cant do it.

slyguy7
02-03-2009, 02:38 PM
we have room to pick up some1 big this year but giving up staal or whitney would have to bring in some1 like ilya or some star they have a few years left on there contracts. imagine sid and ilya on the same line.... or hejduk and malkin? ilya wld have him all of next year 2