PDA

View Full Version : Thank God Yi Jianlian wasn't an All Star

jusscallmez
01-30-2009, 01:02 AM
That would've been the most ridiculous/pathetic choice EVER. All because of his greater fan base country voting for him. We need to change the voting system some how guys.

still1ballin
01-30-2009, 01:04 AM
I thought he was going to get in. How did he not get in with so many votes he had. Bruce Bowen had tons of votes for his favor as well.

Frrrrank!!!
01-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Yea, it would of been pretty bad if he got in.

Sean McG
01-30-2009, 01:07 AM
They should use the same system as the NFL and the fan voting only counts for 1/3.

sacgiants1213
01-30-2009, 01:12 AM
thank god he didn't in. Doesn't deserve it one bit.

G-Funk
01-30-2009, 01:12 AM
other countries should not be able to vote.

yuns554
01-30-2009, 01:18 AM

and that would be called racism

JWalk126
01-30-2009, 01:42 AM

I wouldn't go that far

but it would cause a lot of trouble

JWalk126
01-30-2009, 01:54 AM
btw, I'm pretty sure he didn't make the team because he is injured

amwpr86
01-30-2009, 01:55 AM
I just think the fans vote shouldnt count 100% for the starters. Cause if he makes it and has a terrible season then you know there's a problem. They would be forced to make a change.

#24 Lakerland
01-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Why? So if the Chinese League has an All Star weekend, they should let every other country vote for the all stars and everyone votes for an injured sucky player when there are plenty of other players that are not injured and are averaging allstar stats.?

I know for sure they wouldn't want that.

yuns554
01-30-2009, 02:19 AM
Why? So if the Chinese League has an All Star weekend, they should let every other country vote for the all stars and everyone votes for an injured sucky player when there are plenty of other players that are not injured and are averaging allstar stats.?

I know for sure they wouldn't want that.

well the NBA has a bunch of people from other nationalities sooo yea they should be able to vote.

im not agreein that Yi should be in the game but when you think about it im sure there are a bunch of homers who vote for people on their team whether they are deserving or not, its just that CHina has a crapload of people
so personally i think they should just get rid of fan voting

#24 Lakerland
01-30-2009, 02:22 AM
well the NBA has a bunch of people from other nationalities sooo yea they should be able to vote.

im not agreein that Yi should be in the game but when you think about it im sure there are a bunch of homers who vote for people on their team whether they are deserving or not, its just that CHina has a crapload of people
so personally i think they should just get rid of fan voting
Ya, I'm not saying we should let everyone vote except China but I also don't think it's racist to not let the fans from other countries vote. IMO The fans vote should only be 1/3 of their decision while the coaches have the 2/3 majority.

ProdigyI
01-30-2009, 02:24 AM
This Thread is about a week late.......

After the All Star Starters were announced and Yi didn't make it......It was done. Case Closed.

Why are you guys saying thank god now?

He wasn't going to make the reserves......

yuns554
01-30-2009, 02:27 AM
do you think the 1/3 would do much then?
i see no point jus let the coaches vote they get most of the all-stars right with a few snubs here and there but its better than seeing yi and bowen get a bunch of votes

instead i think fans should vote for the other events
the league should ask a bunch of players if they want to be in the dunk contest
and then the fans vote on who they want to see
i think that would be better without causing a bunch of controversy

zachattach
01-30-2009, 02:45 AM
thank you God

JermanJaysFan
01-30-2009, 02:54 AM
I actually kind of wish he was voted an allstar. It would have highlighted the voting issue, and something would get done. Plus, he wouldn't have played anyhow cuz hes injured, so no one would be missing their spot on the squad.

curtie74
01-30-2009, 02:56 AM
yea china votes shouldnt count i waz gonna boycott if he made it

lakerboy
01-30-2009, 05:34 AM
If fans wanted to see Yi play, then why not let him play? The AllStar weekend is for the fans, and if the fans wanted Yi to play, then let him play.

_Sn1P3r_
01-30-2009, 11:51 AM
I agree, thank goodness he didn't make it. Maybe if along the years he gets better, then I might be ok with it.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-30-2009, 12:11 PM
yi is not all star worthy yet i dont care how many votes he gets

The Ooh Child
01-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Voting for the All-Star team is an act of democracy. Votes coming in from communist China should not have been counted. ;)

njnets
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM
he does not deserve it end of discussion. and this is coming from a guy whose name is njnets lol.

FloridaFrank
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM

I only ended up in this thread because I thought I had heard of a person w/ a similar name dying while driving in this morning, so I was curious...

I don't even like basketball... especially not Milwaukee basketball (that is who he plays for right - isn't he the guy who said he wouldn't sign w/ the Bucks before they drafted him? :rolleyes:). Whatever...

Anyway, my point: you've got the best sig I've seen in good while! :clap: :cheers:

Ollie Tabooger
01-30-2009, 05:20 PM
btw, I'm pretty sure he didn't make the team because he is injured

and because he flat out sucks

Ollie Tabooger
01-30-2009, 05:21 PM
I only ended up in this thread because I thought I had heard of a person w/ a similar name dying while driving in this morning, so I was curious...

I don't even like basketball... especially not Milwaukee basketball (that is who he plays for right - isn't he the guy who said he wouldn't sign w/ the Bucks before they drafted him? :rolleyes:). Whatever...

Anyway, my point: you've got the best sig I've seen in good while! :clap: :cheers:

no d-bag he plays for new jersey. if you dont like basketball stay outa here

theuuord
01-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah, it's a good thing God has a hand in this All-Star thing. Without him, one of the most popular players in the world might have been playing in a popularity contest of a game!

theuuord
01-30-2009, 06:33 PM
If fans wanted to see Yi play, then why not let him play? The AllStar weekend is for the fans, and if the fans wanted Yi to play, then let him play.

^winner!

Gup
01-30-2009, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=jusscallmez;8183937]That would've been the most ridiculous/pathetic choice EVER. All because of his greater fan base country voting for him. We need to change the voting system some how guys.[/QUOT

They got it right

SJSHARKIES
01-30-2009, 06:59 PM
That's jacked up every country should be allowed to vote, just because the teams are US based and one Canadian team doesn't mean only US people should be allowed to vote. Athletes are from all around the world from different continents. The game is for people to enjoy it, if Yi makes the all-star team so be it.

Second City
01-30-2009, 08:02 PM
That would have been awful!

Hellcrooner
01-31-2009, 07:03 AM

1 FAN VOTING SHOULD BE REMOVED COMPELTELY E-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e Including usa, because it sucks, T-mac over paul all of the time except for ( somethign smelling fishy?) the last results. Bowen over Pau???????????

Ridnour over Harris??????

2 Im from Spain, I Watch the all star game.TO watch allstar game i have to pay Digital + a Pay per watch company in spain, Digital + has to pay Nba/David stern for the rights to broadcast All star so i can see it. David stern Uses that money to ivnest in teh league teams and in teh all star itself, League teams get profit from th ebroadcasts and the league succes both in Usa and rest of the world, Wiht that profits they pay their players.

So if you follow the yellow brick road, I like millions of peopel around the world are PAYING the players so , if popualr vote is allowed ( wich shouldnt) I have teh same right to vote who i want to see as you.

3 Players and Coaches shoudl eb the ones voting.

4 You are racist.

Hellcrooner
01-31-2009, 07:04 AM
^Sorry , racist is not the word since you are condening all th erest of the countrys including White anglosaxon and protestan england among other countrys.

you are an AMERICAN SUPREMACIST.

S.J.Basketball
01-31-2009, 07:32 AM
^Sorry , racist is not the word since you are condening all th erest of the countrys including White anglosaxon and protestan england among other countrys.

you are an AMERICAN SUPREMACIST.

You throw a lot of words around accusing people of being something they aren't quite often. He wants the NBA to be voted on by Americans only and while I disagree I can understand when players like YI JIANLIAN are almost voted in as starters. In fact if he was then I would probably be saying the same thing.

So quit with this holier than thou attitude and quit acting like a sissy. It's way old already. Oh, and don't even try to throw a racist tag towards me...my wife's spanish.

netsfan91
01-31-2009, 07:41 AM
im nets fan and i agree that yi shouldent be an all star

Iron24th
01-31-2009, 08:10 AM

Stupid.

Iron24th
01-31-2009, 08:14 AM
1 FAN VOTING SHOULD BE REMOVED COMPELTELY E-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e Including usa, because it sucks, T-mac over paul all of the time except for ( somethign smelling fishy?) the last results. Bowen over Pau???????????

Ridnour over Harris??????

2 Im from Spain, I Watch the all star game.TO watch allstar game i have to pay Digital + a Pay per watch company in spain, Digital + has to pay Nba/David stern for the rights to broadcast All star so i can see it. David stern Uses that money to ivnest in teh league teams and in teh all star itself, League teams get profit from th ebroadcasts and the league succes both in Usa and rest of the world, Wiht that profits they pay their players.

So if you follow the yellow brick road, I like millions of peopel around the world are PAYING the players so , if popualr vote is allowed ( wich shouldnt) I have teh same right to vote who i want to see as you.

3 Players and Coaches shoudl eb the ones voting.

4 You are racist.

Agree,I can't believe he says a thing that dumb.

Raptorballa
01-31-2009, 12:04 PM
LOL when i saw this on the fourm i couldnt stop laughing LOL:clap:
:jumpy: :laugh2:

Drtino
01-31-2009, 03:10 PM
what is up with all this racist content????

I do value that the NBA gets to be recognized by the rest of the world, although American votes should have more power over the votes coming from overseas...
Probably the system should change a bit...maybe not, since the All-Star game is basically being made for the fans only.

Maybe since Yi didn't get voted, we should just be fine with the results and not instigate any type of racism debates... Not even worth going there.

Hellcrooner
01-31-2009, 05:33 PM
^Why do you think american votes should be more valuable?