PDA

View Full Version : Reserves revealed

Macedonian
01-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Shaquille O’Neal will make his return to the NBA’s All-Star Game on Feb. 15 in Phoenix, multiple front office sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday afternoon.

O’Neal, 36, was one of seven Western reserves chosen by the NBA’s coaches, and will play in the All-Star Game for the hometown Suns. O’Neal had played in 14 consecutive All-Star Games until missing out in 2008.

Yahoo! Sports obtained the rosters, and the West reserves also include the Los Angeles Lakers’ Pau Gasol, New Orleans Hornets’ David West, Dallas Mavericks’ Dirk Nowitzki, San Antonio Spurs’ Tony Parker, Denver Nuggets’ Chauncey Billups and Portland Trail Blazers’ Brandon Roy.

The East reserves include two Orlando Magic, Jameer Nelson and Rashard Lewis. East coaches also chose the Boston Celtics’ Paul Pierce, Atlanta Hawks’ Joe Johnson, Toronto Raptors’ Chris Bosh, New Jersey Nets’ Devin Harris and Indiana Pacers’ Danny Granger.

The Magic will have three All-Stars in the game, including starting center Dwight Howard, who received the most fan votes of any player. The East-leading Cleveland Cavaliers will have just one, LeBron James. Among the notable misses on the East’s roster: the Cavs’ Mo Williams, and Boston’s Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen.

As for the West, Minnesota’s Al Jefferson was left off the roster. Also, Steve Nash will miss his first All-Star game in five years.

Source: Yahoo!Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aqb4uKkrqTGRTKbf7d8zOWq8vLYF?slug=aw-allstars012909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

DreamShaker
01-29-2009, 07:59 PM
David West?!?!?! Really???

Vidball
01-29-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm pretty surprised Lewis and West made the team.

Only 17 teams are represented this year...wow!

_Sn1P3r_
01-29-2009, 08:06 PM
IMO, Ray Allen should've made it. Didn't anyone see his shooting clinic last year? Very fun to watch.

Welcome back to the all-star game Shaq.

unwantedplayer
01-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Wow, Ray didn't make it? Damn. Thats messed up. he was shooting lights out this year.

Giaps
01-29-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't like it. There's no clear view of what an all-star is... everybody uses different criteria and it's annoying. I think team record is some what important but it shouldn't mean everything. It's an individual award and it should be treated as such. Nelson, Lewis & West selections I'm not a fan of. Granger makes it on a bad team (as he should have), but Jefferson doesn't in the West on a bad team?

DerekRE_3
I really didn't think West would make it. I think Al Jeff deserved it more than West.

DreamShaker
I'm pretty surprised Lewis and West made the team.

Only 17 teams are represented this year...wow!

Yeah Lewis was a surprise as well...Al Jefferson not being on the West squad is insane....considering how the Wolves are playing as of late and West actually having a worse season this year....Lewis is more excusable than West though....thats just ********....

bleedprple&gold
I'm glad Harris and Granger made it. They deserved it

what54!?
wow rashard lewis made it. Wasn't expecting David West.

Congrats to Granger, Harris, and Nelson for making the team. (Especially for jameer nelson) :clap:

DreamShaker
01-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't like it. There's no clear view of what an all-star is... everybody uses different criteria and it's annoying. I think team record is some what important but it shouldn't mean everything. It's an individual award and it should be treated as such. Nelson, Lewis & West selections I'm not a fan of.

I don't have a problem with Nelson....

Morgan
Awful picks. Ray Allen deserved to be on the team more than Pierce, Lewis, and Nelson. Al Jefferson too? That's terrible.

ShaunRiching9
No Jose:( expectec that i guess

bleedprple&gold
01-29-2009, 08:10 PM
If a guy putting up good numbers on a bad team like Granger can make it, then it seems to me that Jefferson should have made it over West. Seems like different people have different definitions of what an all-star is...

showtym24
01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
al jeferson should've made it over west

bleedprple&gold
01-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Also, I don't agree with giving the Magic 3 all-stars and the Cavs only one. If your going to reward teams for having good records then you should give the Cavs two all-stars. M. Williams should have made it over Nelson

unwantedplayer
01-29-2009, 08:14 PM
No Jose:( expectec that i guess

His injuries affected his chance.

_Sn1P3r_
01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Also, I don't agree with giving the Magic 3 all-stars and the Cavs only one. If your going to reward teams for having good records then you should give the Cavs two all-stars. M. Williams should have made it over Nelson

I think M Williams over Rashard. Dwight + Jameer are the key players for the magic this season IMO.

_Sn1P3r_
01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
al jeferson should've made it over west

I agree. Do not know why West made it over Al.

MiamiHeat
01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I really didn't think West would make it. I think Al Jeff deserved it more than West.

I agree

nice to see Granger,Nelson making it for the first time :clap:

Giaps
01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't have a problem with Nelson....
I would have put Vince Carter instead...
21.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg

The all-star game was never about team success until the last few years and I think it's stupid that they base most of their decision on team record. It's an individual award!

bleedprple&gold
01-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Looks like the East coaches chose the guys putting up big individual numbers regardless of how good the team is (i.e. Granger, Bosh, and Harris), whereas the West coaches only voted for guys on playoff teams. Obviously there is a problem with defining exactly what criteria should be used to choose the all-stars.

stevefrancis
01-29-2009, 08:26 PM
how the hell west make sit he's been injured more than tmac. jefferson sould have been unanimous even durant.

Morgan
01-29-2009, 08:26 PM
I would have put Vince Carter instead...
21.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg

The all-star game was never about team success until the last few years and I think it's stupid that they base most of their decision on team record. It's an individual award!

Ray Allen or Vince Carter should have made it over Nelson. Ray Allen was All Star MVP last year and he's having a better year this year. It just seems like there's not too many exciting players in the All Star game this year. It should be a very boring game.

Giaps
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
This reminds me of when the Pistons had 4 all-stars a few years back. It's just dumb and boring! Who the hell cares to see 3-4 guys on the same team play in an all-star game? Play the best individual players and make it into a highlight reel game like it's always been. It's becoming so lame.

Hawkeye15
01-29-2009, 08:30 PM
David West? Really? As a Minnesota fan, I will not be watching a second of all star weekend. In fact, every year the NBA loses me more.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 08:32 PM
respect to devin harris for his 1st time around

x_notorious
01-29-2009, 08:33 PM
David West? :confused:

It should have been Al Jefferson..

jkiddvc20
David West? Really? As a Minnesota fan, I will not be watching a second of all star weekend. In fact, every year the NBA loses me more.

Yeah Jefferson got SNUBBED big time.

Giaps
There's always going to be huge snubs when there are flaws in voting in the starters:

AI as a starter is a joke.
Bosh should be a starter over KG.
Shaq should be a starter over Yao.
Amare should not be a starter.

Giaps
01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Also, I'd like to say that Chris Webber's wardrobe tonight is frightening.

BTownTeamsRKing

i agree.

nelson is not a real all star more than mo williams.

GoatMilk
Rashard Lewis and David West on there is pretty lame.

Mile High Champ
No surprise really, people seem to forget that there is constantly injuries in the nba, its very unlikely that all these players play in the allstar game.. I could for sure see Ray Allen or Jefferson get the call when a player goes down and that will most likely happen.. These rosters are nothing to get upset over..

bleedprple&gold
01-29-2009, 08:37 PM
There's always going to be huge snubs when there are flaws in voting in the starters:

Yes, some of those guys should not be starting, but they still deserve to be on the team. As long as the deserving players make it as either a starter or a reserve then it's not a big deal. But choosing West over Jefferson just doesn't make sense when Granger and Bosh can make it in the East on bad teams.

More shats!
01-29-2009, 08:38 PM
How can a PF(David West) that avereges 7.1 rebounds make the All-Star game?Wow that was a shoker and Jameer Nelson and Rashard Lewis?relly what a joke.Other than those 3 i dint relly have a problem with the reserves.

jkiddvc20
I say at least 3 to 4 players will be put on the roster due to injury. I think Melo, Jefferson, Carter, and Allen all will be put on with injurys.

Mile High Champ
Yes, some of those guys should not be starting, but they still deserve to be on the team. As long as the deserving players make it as either a starter or a reserve then it's not a big deal. But choosing West over Jefferson just doesn't make sense when Granger and Bosh can make it in the East on bad teams.

Whatever **** happens.. Guys get snubbed every year, Granger and Bosh are both very deserving of their spots..

GoatMilk
Iverson should give his spot too Mo Will.
i dont care if he got voted in, he REALLY shouldnt be in the game

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 08:39 PM
1 person from cleveland thats ********.

carter15
01-29-2009, 08:39 PM
allen instead of pierce
vince or mo will. over rashard.

those wud be my changes in the east.

bleedprple&gold
01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow that was a shoker and Jameer Nelson and Rashard Lewis?relly what a joke.

I don't have a problem with either choosing Lewis OR Nelson, but I have a problem with both.

HOZ THE KNICK
did david west even play in 30 games this season?

JordansBulls
Shaquille O’Neal will make his return to the NBA’s All-Star Game on Feb. 15 in Phoenix, multiple front office sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday afternoon.

O’Neal, 36, was one of seven Western reserves chosen by the NBA’s coaches, and will play in the All-Star Game for the hometown Suns. O’Neal had played in 14 consecutive All-Star Games until missing out in 2008.

Yahoo! Sports obtained the rosters, and the West reserves also include the Los Angeles Lakers’ Pau Gasol, New Orleans Hornets’ David West, Dallas Mavericks’ Dirk Nowitzki, San Antonio Spurs’ Tony Parker, Denver Nuggets’ Chauncey Billups and Portland Trail Blazers’ Brandon Roy.

The East reserves include two Orlando Magic, Jameer Nelson and Rashard Lewis. East coaches also chose the Boston Celtics’ Paul Pierce, Atlanta Hawks’ Joe Johnson, Toronto Raptors’ Chris Bosh, New Jersey Nets’ Devin Harris and Indiana Pacers’ Danny Granger.

The Magic will have three All-Stars in the game, including starting center Dwight Howard, who received the most fan votes of any player. The East-leading Cleveland Cavaliers will have just one, LeBron James. Among the notable misses on the East’s roster: the Cavs’ Mo Williams, and Boston’s Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen.

As for the West, Minnesota’s Al Jefferson was left off the roster. Also, Steve Nash will miss his first All-Star game in five years.

Source: Yahoo!Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aqb4uKkrqTGRTKbf7d8zOWq8vLYF?slug=aw-allstars012909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

No way should Orlando have 3 allstars and Cleveland only 1 when Cleveland has the best record % wise in the league.

GIANTS4LIFE28
01-29-2009, 08:41 PM
c'mon wheres lee

Mile High Champ
allen instead of pierce
vince or mo will. over rashard.

those wud be my changes in the east.

Why is carter so deserving of a spot? he has done nothing special to warrant a roster spot..

Giaps
It's a big deal because if you don't have the right starters, then it will affect the reserves. AI does not deserve to be a starter so he is taking the spot of somebody more deserving who will miss the game entirely like Carter or Allen.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-29-2009, 08:42 PM
3 magic?

cmon thats some strange results, but nothin we can do. this players and coaches voting which makes it so hard to beleive.

according to these results, magic should kill cleveland tonight

HOZ THE KNICK
it's a big deal because if you don't have the right starters, then it will affect the reserves. Ai does not deserve to be a starter so he is taking the spot of somebody more deserving who will miss the game entirely like carter or allen.
100%

Giaps
Why is carter so deserving of a spot? he has done nothing special to warrant a roster spot..
21 5 and 5 is all-star numbers.

Nelson is 17 3 and 5.

DreamShaker
01-29-2009, 08:43 PM
c'mon wheres lee

First homer comment of the thread....I'm just waiting for the "wheres Bynum" or "wheres T-Mac" comments....

BTownTeamsRKing
01-29-2009, 08:45 PM
VC or Ray Allen should have made it over nelson or AI

bleedprple&gold
It's a big deal because if you don't have the right starters, then it will affect the reserves. AI does not deserve to be a starter so he is taking the spot of somebody more deserving who will miss the game entirely like Carter or Allen.

Well, if your saying AI should not be there at all then you have a point. Personally, I'm fine with AI on the team, but it should be Harris starting instead of him, so that wouldn't cause anyone get to snubbed for that reason

HOZ THE KNICK
First homer comment of the thread....I'm just waiting for the "wheres Bynum" or "wheres T-Mac" comments....
lee should of made it over lewis though.

LakersOrNothing
01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
ZOMG this thing is so rigged, where the f is ANDREW BYNUM AND LUKE WALTON ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other then that, i'm happy to see Gasol get in. Im also happy to see Harris make it

bleedprple&gold
01-29-2009, 08:50 PM

Where's Bynum? :)

Frrrrank!!!
01-29-2009, 08:51 PM
This is awful, no Scal?:pity:

Giaps
01-29-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't think Lee deserved to make it but the guy should get some serious consideration at least. He leads the NBA in double-doubles, is averaging 17 and 12 and is listed as a center in a conference where there is only 1 good center.

Again, he shouldn't have made it this year but it's not homer either.

Nadhi1
01-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Jose Calderon would of made it if he wasnt injured for awhile. And welcome back shaq 2 the allstar game.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Jose Calderon would of made it if he wasnt injured for awhile. And welcome back shaq 2 the allstar game.
is he still 100% from the ft line?

Wake's Fastball
01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't think Lee deserved to make it but the guy should get some serious consideration at least. He leads the NBA in double-doubles, is averaging 17 and 12 and is listed as a center in a conference where there is only 1 good center.

Again, he shouldn't have made it this year but it's not homer either.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have blinked if Lee were on the team. However, he's too small to be put at center against the guys out West, so you can't really put him in the reserves as the backup center, and he doesn't make it at PF over the other guys on the squad.

Ollie Tabooger
01-29-2009, 08:58 PM
jose calderon and eddie house are missing... jk about eddie house but he's been on fire lately

bostncelts34
01-29-2009, 08:58 PM
i dont think Nelson AND rashard should have made it.

And i also beleive Big al should have made it over West

NYMetros
01-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Mo Williams should have made it.
There were a couple other guys I would have rather had over Jameer.
Heck, even Derrick Rose was more deserving than Jameer.

It's amazing how the Cavs only had 1 all-star and the Magic had 3.

Brooke
01-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Al Jefferson should have made it

I am surprised that Ray Allen didn't make it

G-Funk
01-29-2009, 09:00 PM
AL Jefferson should have made it, that's dissapointing.

oldenpolynice
01-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Wow, the coaches really don't like Al Jefferson. First last season's snub and now this. I think he's done an even better job this season than last season (particularly over the course of the past month).

I don't like the fact that Rashard Lewis got picked over Mo Williams either. Mo is the one of the main factors for the Cavs' great record. I can't believe they're the third best team in the league and they only have one All-Star.

You better believe Mo is going to kill the Magic right now.

Wake's Fastball
01-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow, the coaches really don't like Al Jefferson. First last season's snub and now this. I think he's done an even better job this season than last season (particularly over the course of the past month).

I don't like the fact that Rashard Lewis got picked over Mo Williams either. Mo is the one of the main factors for the Cavs' great record. I can't believe they're the third best team in the league and they only have one All-Star.

You can't have Jameer, Mo and Devin Harris all coming off the bench.

BrizzleBear
01-29-2009, 09:03 PM
David West.....

JordansBulls
01-29-2009, 09:05 PM

When I saw Rashard made it then I knew Mo would get snubbed.

jasondrobinson
01-29-2009, 09:06 PM
really wanted kevin durant to be on the all star, new it was a long shot but hed be fun to see play with the best of the west (not david west mind you) That should be Al Jefferson, gotta feel for minnesota i could kinda see klove not getting in for the rook game but Jefferson definitly should be there. Also take rashard lewis out of there and put david lee in.

bleedprple&gold
01-29-2009, 09:07 PM
You can't have Jameer, Mo and Devin Harris all coming off the bench.

Why not? The last two spots position doesn't matter. Maybe its not good for matchup purposes, but its the all-star game, who cares?

twoearl
01-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Ray Allen should of made it over Jammer Nelson! Without Dwight Jameer would be nothing.
Jammer nelson is a sixth man on a better team.

djeller1139
01-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Al Jefferson definitely should be there.

I think Biedrins too, but that's probably because I'm a Warriors fan :rolleyes:

charlsdq7
01-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Iggy should have made it...

MoBASS
01-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah yeah Al should have made it...

but no Carmelo???!?

Joshtd1
01-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Wow, that is terrible...David West over Al Jeff?????????????

dgo24
01-29-2009, 09:17 PM
al jefferson should make it with the injury to yao.

TheIceShot
01-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Like everyone has already mentioned, West over Al? :mad:

Mile High Champ
01-29-2009, 09:20 PM
is he still 100% from the ft line?

yes he is, if the raps were over 500 and he was healthy, I am confident he could of made the team.

IndyRealist
01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Three Magic players make it, two Celtics, and only one Cavalier?

Al Jefferson should have made it over David West, and I'm glad Danny Granger's in the game.

stevefrancis
01-29-2009, 09:32 PM
no way carmelo should've made it. he's been injured a lot and there are so many other players doing better than him. he hasn't given me anything on my fantasy team

IU Hoosiers 3
01-29-2009, 09:47 PM
i feel bad for al jefferson. That's just tough luck. I'm upset david lee didn't make it either.

Kaptain Kanada
01-29-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm amazed that no Boston fans are here crying that Rondo didn't make it. ;)

carter15
01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Iggy should have made it...

over rashard ya...but ppl r better then iggy also.

DreamShaker
01-29-2009, 09:59 PM

They both should have made it...and just kicked Duncan off the team....what a sham that guy making it;)

NYstateofMinD
01-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Um VC and Ray Allen should have made it over Nelson and Lewis.

In the West I think Deron should have made it over TP..but Al or even Durant should have made it over DWest...I'm getting so ****in tired of the league.

goku
01-29-2009, 10:06 PM
kobe and shaq on the same team lol

soundjunkies2
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Allen>lewis and al>west..really the only 2 problems i have with it.

op12
01-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Allen>lewis and al>west..really the only 2 problems i have with it.

pretty much agree with this and everybody seems on the same page on this thread, suprisingly. i also agree that vc should be there over nelson and ai should not be starting. i dont think the magic have the best big 3 in the league. mo kind of got snubbed too.

Chronz
01-29-2009, 10:28 PM
The only real surprise was David West, everyone else that made it I predicted except for Rashard over Ray Allen. Seriously Ray Allen could be having a career year and he wont even get recognized.

No way should Orlando have 3 allstars and Cleveland only 1 when Cleveland has the best record % wise in the league.

Why not?

futureman
01-29-2009, 10:32 PM
I can't believe david west was chosen over the likes of paul millsap and al jefferson.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-29-2009, 10:32 PM
I wonder if Shaq is going to ask Kobe to taste his bum in the locker room.

On a serious note, I really am happy to see Phil coaching Shaq and Kobe again. I hope we can bring Pippen back to guard Kobe so Kobe can break his ankles and throw up a lob to the big man for the win. That would be so sweeeeeeet!

theuuord
01-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Guys! GUYS! you're missing the big one!

Where's YI???????

:rolleyes:

SaimoNETS
01-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Al Jefferson and Vince Carter shud've made it :[

cahawk
01-29-2009, 10:49 PM
What would an all-star be without Shaq.
Bring down the house with a kobe lob to Shaq monster dunk.

Ray Allen missed but West in?

Lebron's Cav's best record in NBA & yet Lebron only all-star, another sign of why Lebron is the best BB player in the World.

richardj
01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Jameer Nelseon and Rashard Lewis suprised me in the east (Good players but not all stars in my opinion)..I felt Mo Williams and Ray Allen deserved it..and in the west...really surprised david west made it as I thought Al Jefferson or a Paul Milsap would've been a better selection

still1ballin
01-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Glad to see Shaq in there. I'll be waiting for a lob from Kobe to Shaq.

Big Game Son
01-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Wow....Jefferson got the GIANT shaft if West made it. Honestly I have West on my fantasy hes not good at all this year. Quite average rly. Also Lewis? Not like um....Allen?

Big Game Son
01-29-2009, 11:09 PM
The only real surprise was David West, everyone else that made it I predicted except for Rashard over Ray Allen. Seriously Ray Allen could be having a career year and he wont even get recognized.

Why not?

I see why you say why not. I dont like the Lewis selection, but they always award winning teams. I.E. Detroit 4 starters couple years back. West is redonk tho. Hes been totally average. lol!

QuaLiThADoN
01-29-2009, 11:16 PM

LMFAO only one was AI....... KG = Best PF in East Yao has held the rockets together without t mac and artest and Amare is an animal

soundjunkies2
01-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Jameer Nelseon and Rashard Lewis suprised me in the east (Good players but not all stars in my opinion)..I felt Mo Williams and Ray Allen deserved it..and in the west...really surprised david west made it as I thought Al Jefferson or a Paul Milsap would've been a better selection

I think nelson deserves it more than mo williams.He is having a better year.

td0tsfinest
01-29-2009, 11:19 PM
No offense to David West, he's having a good season but Al Jefferson is playing much better. People are going to say his team record is bad, thats garbage, guys like Danny Granger and Chris Bosh have made the team because of their stats despite their teams records.

QuaLiThADoN
01-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Mo williams did not deserve an all-star spot.... Period

MagicBucsSox
01-29-2009, 11:29 PM
so granger doesnt deserve to go nor nelson or lewis who leads to league in 3s but ,allen iverson does? al jef was hosed i agree but david west is on the katrina team so they have the media these days.

and nelson should be on there because other than devin harris hes the best pg in the east until arenas gets healthy then he's back to 3rd -arenas-harris-nelson

Nets fan 93
01-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Yes! I have always seen a Nets at an allstar... last year I thought would have been my last... but Devin Suprised the L and earned it!

dre1990
01-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Al Jefferson should've made it over David West, Ray Allen Should've made it over Jameer Nelson, I think Rashard deserved it.

Ragun
01-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Al Jefferson should've made it over David West, Ray Allen Should've made it over Jameer Nelson, I think Rashard deserved it.

for making like 130 threes?

Chronz
01-30-2009, 12:01 AM
I see why you say why not. I dont like the Lewis selection, but they always award winning teams. I.E. Detroit 4 starters couple years back. West is redonk tho. Hes been totally average. lol!

Yea I wasnt thrilled with the Rashard selection and the team having 3, but I dont see why Cleveland needs an all-star just because they have 3. If 2 teams have similar elite records why must we assume that both teams are getting it done with the same proportion of talent.

Put it this way, the Cavs have 2 players that have played atleast 70% of the teams available minutes at any position and nobody else comes close to matching that, Magic however have 3 players above 70% with Jameer being a close 4th if he hadnt missed out those few games. In other words, the Magic rely more heavily on 4 players where as the Cavs rely on their overall depth to throw different looks at you.

The Cavs have Ben and Zydrunas playing under 26MPG, their relacement (Anderson takes up the remaining bigman minutes (28mpg), and either Bron or Hickson get the scraps at the 4.

From the perimeter Mo and Delonte get most of the time availabe at the 1-2, with Boobie off the bench (24.5MPG), with Wally and Sasha at (19-15). This team is litterally stacked with complimentary players, the beauty to this is that minimizing the minutes of Ben and Z make them more effective, its why theyve been able to sit LeBron so much. In other words they are DEEP

The Magic not so much, they are pretty much the definition of a 4-man team with a nice rotation of prospects, shooters, and defenders off the bench. They dont have the same overall culmination of talent(particularly someone to help Dwight on the boards) the fact that the 2 have similar win totals is a result of their top players being superior whereas the Cavs have the superior lower level players aka more depth. Oh yea and that Bron guy

You reward the players who have alot more to do with their team success with all-star berths, you reward the Cavs by saying they have too much talent to recognize any 1 player (outside of Bron) on his own.

There is obviously room for debate, I just hate when it comes down to well team A has this many while Team B had none. It came up when Dirk vs Nash was the MVP debate with Nash having 2 OTHER A-S and Dirk having none.

*Superman*
01-30-2009, 12:46 AM
A new big three is born today?

Dwight, Nelson, and Rashard.

Why so many haters. Nelson totally deserved it, no doubt. As for Rashard, you can make a case to give it to Mo or someone else. I'm just happy that Dwight has someone to go to Phoenix with.

danbola
01-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Al Jefferson was robbed

Vinny642
01-30-2009, 01:12 AM
I agree. Do not know why West made it over Al.

Probably because West's team is doing better, im a Hornets fan but I agree Al Jeff should be in the All Star Game. But I am happy to see 2 Hornets just like last year. And for that dumb comment saying West is more injured then TMac, West had 1 injury this year.

Vinny642
01-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Why are you guys disrespecting West?
I had a feeling he would get in and you guys would be complaining.
West isn't horrible jeez. He is scoring good, but his rebounds could be up a little.

Nighthawk
01-30-2009, 01:29 AM
The fact the Magic have 3 all-stars is pretty shocking. I thought the C's were def going to get 3 (KG,Pierce and Allen). I knew Rondo wouldnt stand a chance. Cant believe Mo didnt get in. It looks like hes been what Lebron has needed this whole time.

Big Al being snubbed is pretty shocking as well. West got the better record. Thats all he really has over Al.

Oh well nothing we can really do, i usually dont watch the All star game and def wont this year. I watch the Rookie and Sophmores and the 3 PT and dunk contest. thats it

JayW_1023
01-30-2009, 07:09 AM
I would pick Hedo over Rashard...and how the hell did David West get on the team? Al Jefferson has been a monster this year.

LakersKB24
01-30-2009, 08:50 AM
The East roster seems about right, espacially Granger and Harris deserve to be there this year.
The West is a dissapointment... Stoudemire, Duncan, Nowitzki, Gasol, West... That's 5 Power Forwards, no conventional Small Forward... I think Al Jefferson, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams, Kevin Durant, Paul Millsap have deserved it more than some of the guys that actually made the ASG (of course, Melo is hurt, but we all know he is an All Star).

Fans in Asia
01-30-2009, 09:17 AM
I only have doubt on Chris Bosh. Does he deserve to be an All-Star this year based on his own and his team performance?

JJ81
01-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Pau Gasol!:clap::clap:Well Deserved :):)

JayW_1023
01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
The West should be better on the boards, the East have more freewheelin' transition players.

Since the ASG is all about freewheelin' my bet is that the East will come out victorious.

innovator
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
d.west should not have made the asg

only 3 wrongs in my asg bench predictions
i predicted: deron,melo,mo williams
instead: parker,west,rashard

_Sn1P3r_
01-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Probably because West's team is doing better, im a Hornets fan but I agree Al Jeff should be in the All Star Game. But I am happy to see 2 Hornets just like last year. And for that dumb comment saying West is more injured then TMac, West had 1 injury this year.

Don't get it wrong, I like the Hornets and CP3 is my fave player. Yes Hornets are doing better than Minny but Minny has been on a roll this New Year. This year, the team isn't really a big part of the coaches decisions. (Refer to Harris / Granger / Bosh...) If it were, Harris would've been Rondo or Mo Williams, Granger would've been Ray Allen, and Bosh, well Bosh is the next best big in the East so can't think of anyone at the moment.

macc
01-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Yea I wasnt thrilled with the Rashard selection and the team having 3, but I dont see why Cleveland needs an all-star just because they have 3. If 2 teams have similar elite records why must we assume that both teams are getting it done with the same proportion of talent.

Put it this way, the Cavs have 2 players that have played atleast 70% of the teams available minutes at any position and nobody else comes close to matching that, Magic however have 3 players above 70% with Jameer being a close 4th if he hadnt missed out those few games. In other words, the Magic rely more heavily on 4 players where as the Cavs rely on their overall depth to throw different looks at you.

The Cavs have Ben and Zydrunas playing under 26MPG, their relacement (Anderson takes up the remaining bigman minutes (28mpg), and either Bron or Hickson get the scraps at the 4.

From the perimeter Mo and Delonte get most of the time availabe at the 1-2, with Boobie off the bench (24.5MPG), with Wally and Sasha at (19-15). This team is litterally stacked with complimentary players, the beauty to this is that minimizing the minutes of Ben and Z make them more effective, its why theyve been able to sit LeBron so much. In other words they are DEEP

The Magic not so much, they are pretty much the definition of a 4-man team with a nice rotation of prospects, shooters, and defenders off the bench. They dont have the same overall culmination of talent(particularly someone to help Dwight on the boards) the fact that the 2 have similar win totals is a result of their top players being superior whereas the Cavs have the superior lower level players aka more depth. Oh yea and that Bron guy

You reward the players who have alot more to do with their team success with all-star berths, you reward the Cavs by saying they have too much talent to recognize any 1 player (outside of Bron) on his own.

There is obviously room for debate, I just hate when it comes down to well team A has this many while Team B had none. It came up when Dirk vs Nash was the MVP debate with Nash having 2 OTHER A-S and Dirk having none.

Well said

thesparky33
01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
That's what I was saying last year as well... :(

Why are you guys disrespecting West?
I had a feeling he would get in and you guys would be complaining.
West isn't horrible jeez. He is scoring good, but his rebounds could be up a little.

It's because David West isnt even close to the player that Al Jeff is, no offense. Only reason he made it was because his team is better, but that argument is garbage since he's not even the reason why his team is so good. If you put David West with Telfair, Foye, Love, and Gomes, he'd probably be struggling to get 5 wins, let alone the 16 they have now. If you put Al Jeff with Chris Paul, and the rest of the Hornets squad... wow.

twoearl
01-30-2009, 01:01 PM

It's because David West isnt even close to the player that Al Jeff is, no offense. Only reason he made it was because his team is better, but that argument is garbage since he's not even the reason why his team is so good. If you put David West with Telfair, Foye, Love, and Gomes, he'd probably be struggling to get 5 wins, let alone the 16 they have now. If you put Al Jeff with Chris Paul, and the rest of the Hornets squad... wow.

i agree talent wise AL is better than West. But the NBA rewards WINNERS. And AL is not winning right now.

Vinny642
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM

Actually D West plays a big part on the Hornets, I mean he wasn't a terrible choice. AL Jeff should've made it but he didn't. If D West was on the 'Wolves they'd be OK not like Al Jeff makes them. West rebounds are down because he isn't our center, Tyson is... also CP3 rebounds are up so West is getting many rebounds. But I agree Al Jeff should be there.

thesparky33
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
i agree talent wise AL is better than West. But the NBA rewards WINNERS. And AL is not winning right now.

Al's team is 12-5 in their last 17 games... I'd say he's winning right now...

MAC10TIZZY
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
five words......howard,lewis,nelson....stop hatin'

GoatMilk
01-30-2009, 02:48 PM
I wonder who's gonna get that "injury" that an all-star always gets to give someone who was snubbed a spot in the game. c'mon Stern!

Al Jeff needs to be in there

zambo4president
01-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Al Jeff got ****ed.

JordansBulls
01-31-2009, 12:48 AM

It was weird because Dirk gets soo much of the blame as well when the team fails.

Fool
01-31-2009, 12:54 AM
As the fans vote, ASG seems to be a popularity contest instead of a who is playing better contest. Of course, there are knowledgeable people voting, but there will always be people who are not.