PDA

View Full Version : Bynum will not be suspended

Highlight
01-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I know this should probably be put in the Lakers forum, but there has been quite a controversy over if Bynum should be suspended or not.

Here's the article

Andrew Bynum’s foul on Charlotte’s Gerald Wallace was upgraded from a Flagrant-1 to a more serious Flagrant-2, but he will not be suspended. Bynum told the Los Angeles Daily News that he had called Wallace’s cell phone and left a message, but has not heard back from the Bobcats player. Wallace suffered a cracked rib and collapsed lung when he got hit by Bynum’s elbow.

“I didn’t try to hurt him,” Bynum told the Daily News on Thursday. “His momentum was great, and if you look at the play, once he hit me I kind of spun around because I didn’t know he was coming that fast.

“I wish him the best of luck and hope that he recovers.”

Fined probably, but the Lakers center will not miss any games, according to the NBA.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/01/29/bynum-will-not-be-suspended/10494/

ink
01-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I didn't see it, but from his reaction it sounds a bit like the way Horford handled the situation when he hard-fouled TJ Ford. He obviously showed remorse about what happened. People need to lighten up about Bynum. Why all the hate for such a great young player?

Draco
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Where's all the hate for Bynum? I missed it.

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't hate Andrew Bynum. Am I happy he sent my favorite player to the hospital and ruined the Bobcats playoff chances? No.

Vidball
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
No suspension was warranted...good call by the NBA. I hope Wallace has a quick recovery!

LAKERMANIA
01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
As expected..

Get well soon Gerald!

Case closed.

Draco
01-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Funny, I thought I read Laker fans writing "case closed" when Larry said Bynum only deserved a Flagrant 1.

Living Legend
01-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Good Decision

Vidball
01-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Funny, I thought I read Laker fans writing "case closed" when Larry said Bynum only deserved a Flagrant 1.

Lakers not affected...case closed ;)

Draco
01-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Lakers not affected...case closed ;)

Neither were the Bobcat's for that game.. they still won.

ALQ20
01-29-2009, 08:17 PM

35-9 record.....hmmm....NOT affected... :eyebrow:

ink
01-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Where's all the hate for Bynum? I missed it.

I don't hate Andrew Bynum. Am I happy he sent my favorite player to the hospital and ruined the Bobcats playoff chances? No.

I wasn't limiting the comment to the Wallace injury. Bynum gets a lot of hate in general.

Anyway, get better soon Gerald!

G-Funk
01-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Bynum waited at the bus and apologized to him

“That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,’’ Brown said. “If he had a history of that (rough play), I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul.’’

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...ry/502200.html

Highlight
01-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I just hope he gets back to the court soon. Gerald was on a tear recently and the Bobcats as a team have been simply amazing.

I saw the video again recently and it didn't look too bad, but just hearing Gerald yell out in pain made it hard to listen to. It must have been so hard for him to breathe at that point. I know it's extremely hard to breathe with broken ribs. I couldn't imagine the pain of broken ribs with a partially collapsed lung.

Anyways, I just hope for the best. The Bobcats of this year remind me of Atlanta last year. Maybe they can somehow keep it up and grab that 7-8 seed and make people turn heads. I really feel they could pull off an upset if they come in hot to the playoffs. (Or at least test the limits of some of the top seeded teams come playoff time)

JerzeyFresh
01-29-2009, 08:32 PM
good call, clearly not intentional. Bynum hasn't been known to be that type of player. Gerald your in our prayers

LAKERMANIA
01-29-2009, 08:35 PM

Key words.

lakers4sho
01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
I hope G-Wall has a nice speedy recovery. I would take him on the Lakers in a heartbeat.

Kakaroach
01-29-2009, 11:01 PM
I looked at the video of the foul today and it kinda looked intentional. He hit Wallace with an elbow instead of just contesting the shot. He should have been suspended for 1 game at least.