PDA

View Full Version : Is there Racism in the NBA (Im not talking about euros)

Hellcrooner
01-29-2009, 04:08 AM
I mean.

80% Of players and Former players are afro-americans.

In every sport, is logical that Players once they retire get involved in other Duties, Front Office, Managing, Managing Players, COaching, even being owners.

If there is 80% of former afroamericans it would be logical that 80% of those kinds of positions where covered by afroamericans.

Ok, Legue Chief , David Stern, White (DOnt give me Mengele crap about Jews not beign "White" please).

How many high officals of the league are White?

Referees , How Many Whites?

Owners!!!! How many Whites vs Blacks?

G Ms????

Head COaches????

Shouldnt the league take some measures to ensure that people had the same chances?

Im not talking about "reserved" spots, because that is EVEN more racist , but take measures that teams get the job to the best candidate available, regardless of Colour or SEX (that should be another whole story worth of getting into).

Lakersfan2483
01-29-2009, 04:16 AM
I actually think the NBA does a better job then most other sports in terms of allowing for minorities to have opportunities. As far as ownership and management, more advancements need to be made in those areas....

codes238
01-29-2009, 04:18 AM
here we go with this rosa parks crap again...

Hellcrooner
01-29-2009, 04:19 AM
Add jurnalists to the list, look at espn crew, Ok there is Adande and that other guy, then you got ALL of the rest, with some specially Wasp types as Bucher or simmons....

Lakersfan2483
01-29-2009, 04:20 AM

What?? Come on that was un-called for. Hellcrooner is asking a legit question.

codes238
01-29-2009, 04:23 AM
What?? Come on that was un-called for. Hellcrooner is asking a legit question.

obviously white people run **** cause 29 out of the 30 team owners are white... the commisioner is a jew and the second in command is black... half the head coaches are black... there have been quite a few GM's... the president of the country is black... its time to relax a bit...

LAcowBOMBER
01-29-2009, 04:30 AM
Owners are people with a ton of money. It's not like there are former white players owning teams. So the owner question doesn't really have to do with the NBA being racist.

I don't know the numbers, but there are alot of black coaches.

Kyle N.
01-29-2009, 01:48 PM
I honestly don't think there's any racism. More white people just try to get those jobs.

theuuord
01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I mean,
racism is everywhere,
so...
yeah.

philab
01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah, owners are irrelevant to the topic. The high percentage of white owners might be telling of our whole society, but there's no racial implication on the part of the NBA there.

As for the topic: While 80% of the NBA may be black, 80% of the population is still white. White players who failed to go far as players often look to coach, scout, etc.

The high percentage of black players SHOULD (whether it does or not) nevertheless increase the number of blacks involved in NBA front offices, coaching, etc.

Basically, just because 80% of NBA players are black and the percentage of blacks in front offices, coaching, etc. is significantly less does NOT mean there is racism.

Now, there may still very well be racism in some of these hirings, but the numbers are more or less irrelevant. People seem to create some arbitrary quota for black coaches that, if met, means racism is nonexistent. In reality, however, there can be two black coaches and no racism or there can be twenty-five black coaches and tons of racism (towards blacks).

Trouble87
01-29-2009, 01:53 PM
NBA is more progressive than a lot of other professional sports.... They leave the door open for a lot of players to come back and do other things but most of the players don't take advantage of it. Equal opportunity for all regardless of race is something the NBA has. Once some NBA players have their money they either become broadcasters or sports analyst. Give it time the NBA will change... it wont stay the way it is now forever. Changes takes time and the NBA is moving towards the right direction...

tomno00
01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
wow we're playing the race card yet again. Like others have said, you cant prevent someone from buying a team. If they offer the most, they will get it no matter what the **** color you are. There are many black coaches, many black refs (and even some women refs), and many foreign-born players. There is plenty of diversity in the nba.

theuuord
01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
wow we're playing the race card yet again. Like others have said, you cant prevent someone from buying a team. If they offer the most, they will get it no matter what the **** color you are. There are many black coaches, many black refs (and even some women refs), and many foreign-born players. There is plenty of diversity in the nba.

Why do you think white people have the money to buy teams, while other people don't?

KG2TB
01-29-2009, 01:59 PM
obviously white people run **** cause 29 out of the 30 team owners are white... the commisioner is a jew and the second in command is black... half the head coaches are black... there have been quite a few GM's... the president of the country is black... its time to relax a bit...

the president is half black actually

tomno00
01-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Why do you think white people have the money to buy teams, while other people don't?

they have better jobs?

macc
01-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah, owners are irrelevant to the topic. The high percentage of white owners might be telling of our whole society, but there's no racial implication on the part of the NBA there.

As for the topic: While 80% of the NBA may be black, 80% of the population is still white. White players who failed to go far as players often look to coach, scout, etc.

The high percentage of black players SHOULD (whether it does or not) nevertheless increase the number of blacks involved in NBA front offices, coaching, etc.

Basically, just because 80% of NBA players are black and the percentage of blacks in front offices, coaching, etc. is significantly less does NOT mean there is racism.

Now, there may still very well be racism in some of these hirings, but the numbers are more or less irrelevant. People seem to create some arbitrary quota for black coaches that, if met, means racism is nonexistent. In reality, however, there can be two black coaches and no racism or there can be twenty-five black coaches and tons of racism (towards blacks).

Well said

philab
01-29-2009, 02:05 PM

. . . which means he's black.

philab
01-29-2009, 02:07 PM

Because of the last 5000 years of world history.

lakerboy
01-29-2009, 02:10 PM
NBA is more progressive than a lot of other professional sports.... They leave the door open for a lot of players to come back and do other things but most of the players don't take advantage of it. Equal opportunity for all regardless of race is something the NBA has. Once some NBA players have their money they either become broadcasters or sports analyst. Give it time the NBA will change... it wont stay the way it is now forever. Changes takes time and the NBA is moving towards the right direction...

Well said man.

smellsam44
01-29-2009, 02:18 PM
do people honestly believe in this crap. Hell I could say that the NBA is racist against white people since there aren't a lot playing the game...

It's all relative

magichatnumber9
01-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey lets just give franchises away. yahooooo. The positions within the franchise, ok thats one thing but these owners are not just going to give there franchises away to washed up players for free. Wait I have an idea.. instead of investing millions in big houses, child support, Cars ect. Invest wise and you could put yourself in a position to buy a franchise.

berserker74
01-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Add jurnalists to the list, look at espn crew, Ok there is Adande and that other guy, then you got ALL of the rest, with some specially Wasp types as Bucher or simmons....

i'm sorry, but this is total crap. i agree that the likes of a tom jackson, or cris carter, and michael smith and adande are all very good analysts or journalists or whatever you want to call them, but to say we need to add more
for the sake of having more" is just idiotic.

are you telling me that a guy like emmitt smith should have a job over a guy like steve young because he is black?

i'm sorry, but emmitt is just a stupid, ignorant ex-football player who got the job based on what he did in his career, and VERY OBVIOUSLY didn't get it because of his knowledge or his speaking skills.

he can't speak a lcik of english without an interpretor around to figure out what the hell he is saying. furthermore, he doesn't even know what he is talking about half of the time.

his latest garbage was repeatedly referring to the steelers kicker, who is named jeff reed, as jeff fisher, who is obviously the coach of the titans.

i'm sorry, but even with his great hall of fame career, he should HAVE NEVER been given a microphone.

as far as i'm concerned, the same can be said for guys like gary payton, who just can't speak period, and i will even put charles barkley in there as well.

again, i loved barkley's game, but when it comes to a microphone, he could use a few lessons in "proper english".

i don't care what you guys think. if you call me a racist, that's your problem.

the bottom line is if you don't like the responses you're going to get to these kinds of questions, then simply don't ask the questions, period!

Raps18-19 Champ
01-29-2009, 02:42 PM

kinda feels like your saying just cuz your white, you have money

philab
01-29-2009, 02:45 PM
i'm sorry, but this is total crap. i agree that the likes of a tom jackson, or cris carter, and michael smith and adande are all very good analysts or journalists or whatever you want to call them, but to say we need to add more
for the sake of having more" is just idiotic.

are you telling me that a guy like emmitt smith should have a job over a guy like steve young because he is black?

i'm sorry, but emmitt is just a stupid, ignorant ex-football player who got the job based on what he did in his career, and VERY OBVIOUSLY didn't get it because of his knowledge or his speaking skills.

he can't speak a lcik of english without an interpretor around to figure out what the hell he is saying. furthermore, he doesn't even know what he is talking about half of the time.

his latest garbage was repeatedly referring to the steelers kicker, who is named jeff reed, as jeff fisher, who is obviously the coach of the titans.

i'm sorry, but even with his great hall of fame career, he should HAVE NEVER been given a microphone.

as far as i'm concerned, the same can be said for guys like gary payton, who just can't speak period, and i will even put charles barkley in there as well.

again, i loved barkley's game, but when it comes to a microphone, he could use a few lessons in "proper english".

i don't care what you guys think. if you call me a racist, that's your problem.

the bottom line is if you don't like the responses you're going to get to these kinds of questions, then simply don't ask the questions, period!

TV analysts and journalists are a whole different ballgame.

These guys are measured solely by ratings, which are about as objective as you can get. The TV stations care only about the ratings and hire accordingly.

Someone like Emmit may not be the greatest analyst, but he's a recognizable name, a jovial guy, and apparently is good (enough) for ratings.

Barkley actually used to be an insightful analyst. Add in that he's a recognizable name, a funny guy, a controversial character, and a black man commentating on the sport which typically has the highest percentages of black viewers and it's pretty obvious why he had a job.

theuuord
01-30-2009, 02:46 AM
kinda feels like your saying just cuz your white, you have money

feels like some white guilt seeping through this post.

i'll never speak for everyone.
what i will do is pay attention to obvious social and economic privilege.

is every white person richer than every person of color? of course not. but do you really think it's a coincidence that mostly every wealthy man in America is white?

(side note:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0882775.html
)

theuuord
01-30-2009, 02:47 AM
they have better jobs?

....and how do they attain those better jobs?

(lol. this could take a while. unless you're just trolling, which i would ask you not to do.)

Bucsfan
01-30-2009, 03:11 AM
its not enough that 90% of the league is black?

ombada
01-30-2009, 03:32 AM
Ok, Legue Chief , David Stern, White (DOnt give me Mengele crap about Jews not beign "White" please).

Holy crap, being jewish, that is one of the most racist things ive heard.

First of all american jews and most european jews are white, by skin color alone. Second of all middle eastern, african, and eastern eurpoean Jews are NOT WHITE, not even by the color of their skin, and i happen to be half.

As a matter a fact my grandparents were born in Casablanca, Morocco, my father being a moroccan, makes me HALF AFRICAN! Although i am white i am more closely associated with africa than most african americans.

If i were applying for a job would i not be considered a minority?

The Jewish people are considered a race, a nation, and a religion. So basically what you can do is take your opinions and your racism and place them firmly up your ***!!

King Henrik
01-30-2009, 03:40 AM
seems to me like the OP is racist for thinking up this thread. dont deny it because if you arent racist then you would have never observed what you stated.

and there are plenty of coaches and administrators who are black so your point is wrong. Just because David Stern is white that means that the league is racist?

Hellcrooner
01-30-2009, 03:47 AM
Holy crap, being jewish, that is one of the most racist things ive heard.

First of all american jews and most european jews are white, by skin color alone. Second of all middle eastern, african, and eastern eurpoean Jews are NOT WHITE, not even by the color of their skin, and i happen to be half.

As a matter a fact my grandparents were born in Casablanca, Morocco, my father being a moroccan, makes me HALF AFRICAN! Although i am white i am more closely associated with africa than most african americans.

If i were applying for a job would i not be considered a minority?

The Jewish people are considered a race, a nation, and a religion. So basically what you can do is take your opinions and your racism and place them firmly up your ***!!

Excuse me sir but Judaism its a RELIGIOn that congregates many races.

There are BLACK jews ( from sudan and ethiopia) there are semitic Jews from middle east ( ironic they are the SAME race that the muslims they hate so much), and there are WhiTE JEWS who lived in the north of europe.

David stern happens to be a White Jew.

Teeboy1487
01-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Nothing to say because this thread is officially a war zone.

theuuord
01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
do people honestly believe in this crap. Hell I could say that the NBA is racist against white people since there aren't a lot playing the game...

It's all relative

do you have any concept of history?
No, better yet. let me ask you a question.
why do you think a huge majority of our professional athletes are black?
10 percent of the population and 90 percent of the Final Four. (c) Chris Rock
can you even muster a guess?

JJ81
01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
who cares?

Manos
01-30-2009, 01:22 PM
I mean.

In every sport, is logical that Players once they retire get involved in other Duties, Front Office, Managing, Managing Players, COaching, even being owners.

If there is 80% of former afroamericans it would be logical that 80% of those kinds of positions where covered by afroamericans.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

Shouldnt the league take some measures to ensure that people had the same chances?

Im not talking about "reserved" spots, because that is EVEN more racist , but take measures that teams get the job to the best candidate available, regardless of Colour or SEX (that should be another whole story worth of getting into).

Yeah the NBA hates blacks thats why there aren't any in the league... idiocy.

Nighthawk
01-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

NO I DONT THINK THEY SHOULD

I think people of there ORGANIZATION should interview who ever they want. White, Black, red, green. I mean really who cares what color the ref is, or what color and owner is??? I dont think it has anything to do with race.

D-Leethal
01-30-2009, 01:48 PM
whites are not a physically gifted as blacks so they GENERALLY rely more on bball IQ than pure talent, athleticism and skills to do well, this correlates well with becoming a basketball mind later in life whether it be coach, GM or whatever..... just my 2 cents but there are probably numerous reasons that will give you your answer.....

I could honestly see most owners being a little racist in hiring their presidents and GMs, seems like the majority of them are white, but than those that are hired seem to have no preferences when hiring black coaches and personel. It probably has to do with the owners going to white collar schools and mostly being older growing up through tense racial times, the guys whom they hire mostly have been former players who have bonded with african americans on their former teams and have no problem hiring black coaches/drafting black players etc.

masalex1205
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM

^agreed

awmathewsjr
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM
i think the nba is the most un-racist of any sports college or pro. but college football is another story

G 304
01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Guys Come On man!! Its 2009, let just move past the race cards. When you dig deep in the NBA Exc its more then 60% white still. Yep NBA is the most EOE employer world wide period. My hats off to the NBA and the African Americans. They are great people in general even tho media display them otherwise.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2009, 02:40 PM
whites are not a physically gifted as blacks so they GENERALLY rely more on bball IQ than pure talent, athleticism and skills to do well, this correlates well with becoming a basketball mind later in life whether it be coach, GM or whatever.....
The definitive racist answer i was sure someone would bring up.

ee
01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
not gonna say this is a stupid question or thread....But there's racism everywhere....But it's quite irrelevant because in the NBA, the best athletes are blacks so being racist would actually hurt a team or a franchise......

magichatnumber9
01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Why do we have this post, is white guilt going out of style?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM
feels like some white guilt seeping through this post.

i'll never speak for everyone.
what i will do is pay attention to obvious social and economic privilege.

is every white person richer than every person of color? of course not. but do you really think it's a coincidence that mostly every wealthy man in America is white?

(side note:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0882775.html
)

First of all, im azian

and they have the money cuz they know how to make money. Is it their fault they know how to make money?

theuuord
01-30-2009, 02:53 PM
First of all, im azian

and they have the money cuz they know how to make money. Is it their fault they know how to make money?

lol.

and how do "they" know how to make money?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
lol.

and how do "they" know how to make money?

well if you look at it.

more white people go to University and College than any other race combined in the US.

And more white people graduate in college/university than any other race combined.

and since there are money white people graduating in university, they would have more opportunities for a better job and more money

Raps18-19 Champ
01-30-2009, 02:57 PM
I saw this on the TV so don't call me racist or anything but they said that if it wasnt for sports or music, there wouldnt be as much rich black people as there is now

theuuord
01-30-2009, 02:59 PM
well if you look at it.

more white people go to University and College than any other race combined in the US.

And more white people graduate in college/university than any other race combined.

and since there are money white people graduating in university, they would have more opportunities for a better job and more money

....and why do you think more white people go to university and college than any other race?

(lol. slowly but surely we're getting there.)

theuuord
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
I saw this on the TV so don't call me racist or anything but they said that if it wasnt for sports or music, there wouldnt be as much rich black people as there is now
EDIT:
actually i want you to figure this one out for yourself.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-30-2009, 03:02 PM
....and why do you think more white people go to university and college than any other race?

iunno cuz they study more

theuuord
01-30-2009, 03:06 PM
iunno cuz they study more

your first wrong answer!

(well, maybe not. but. for fun, to assume it's true.
why do you think they study more?)

Tekmosis
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM

Who?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
lol cuz they wanna have a good education

(lol what would be the right answer)

DocUSN
01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwNSNLPIfw

Evryone calm down

theuuord
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
lol cuz they wanna have a good education

(lol what would be the right answer)

you think white people are the only people who want a good education?

or maybe...

just maaaaaaaybe....

they're the primary people who are afforded that good education?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
no but to me it seems like they want it more

and if you study hard, you can get a scholarship

theuuord
01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
no but to me it seems like they want it more

and if you study hard, you can get a scholarship

Ah yes. Anyone can succeed if they put their mind to it! What an ideal world.

The American Dream.
because you have to be asleep to believe it.
(c) George Carlin

Raps18-19 Champ
01-30-2009, 03:24 PM
ok I use to go to a school where it was almost 50% black, 40% indian/Srilankan and 10% other(asians, hispanic, white etc)

You know how sometimes they do that thing where they ask what you wanna be when you grow up. Most black guys said they'd rather be a rapper or athlete and skip college or university. I mean every guy. They all raised their hand as soon as they said professinal athlete or musician. probably about 50 out of the 300 black guys said they wanna go to unioversity to find a real job. and the others(asian, Hispanic, white) said they wanted to go to university to become doctors and all that stuff

Diewitdaknicks
01-30-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwNSNLPIfw

Evryone calm down

Lol. Well if I may chime in, we all need to stop and look at ourselves because we're all a little bit racist. What took centuries to develop cannot be erased overnight. Talking about it and bringing it out in the open helps I feel. Why wait for aliens (NOT MEXICANS) to attack the planet earth before we realize that it's the human race. We all can interbreed successfully unlike some animals we're all the same crap. The Human Race. It's too late for us but we should teach that to our kids.

albertc86
01-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I see your point, but aren't Jay-Z and Usher co-owners in the NBA or have some stock? If celebrities have some ownership, I'd say there is plenty of opportunities for minorities.

DrDEADalready
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

I love it how you call them Afro-americans. That sounds racist to me.

curtie74
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Racism is still alive point blank the nba should chang something. For example it took michael jordan along time 2 get a team of his own and the nba wouldnt let jay-z and diddy buy the knicks sum years ago.

curtie74
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I think the nfl is doing a good job with that issue

IndyRealist
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Isn't Jay-Z part owner of the Nets? Isn't Jordan part owner of the Bobcats, and the Wizards before that? Yes there's racism in the NBA, but I don't think it's any more prevelant than anywhere else in the United States. There certainly isn't the institutionalized racism that some suggest.

rhymeratic
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Just to chime in. I wouldn't necessarily say there is racism going on in the NBA. The only thing that raises and eyebrow is the owner demographics but honestly, it's really a representation of general demographics more so than anything else. You really need to be a billionaire to fully own a team and be able to absorb losses etc.

Right now, outside of Mr. Bobcat himself, I can't think of too many minority billionaires with a legit interest in owning a sports franchise outright and having the stable funds to be there for a long time. A few millionaires have tried but realistically, you gotta be a billionaire and there aren't that many to begin with.

Besides, we have a minority president. He may be getting hell from haters in congress but I'll take that as a victory and hope it creates more ambition for those to become ultra-successful, regardless of race.

philab
01-30-2009, 06:47 PM

Obviously.

Isn't that true for every race?

No need to answer . . . IT IS.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
if david lee was black people would consider him a beast so take that for what it's worth.

MAC10TIZZY
01-30-2009, 07:08 PM

do you even know what your point was?

philab
01-30-2009, 07:08 PM
you think white people are the only people who want a good education?

or maybe...

just maaaaaaaybe....

they're the primary people who are afforded that good education?

Can you just get to it already? Either make a point or say nothing.

Stephen A. Smith did the same thing when the Browns hired Mangini as coach. He was FURIOUS. He said, "All I'm saying is I'm starting to get REAL tired of things like this."

What are you saying Stephen A.? Are you calling Randy Lerner a racist? That he hired Mangini because he didn't want a black coach?

Well, SAY IT. Implying racism is about as irresponsible as it gets for a journalist. If there's actually a case to be made, MAKE IT. If not, then shut up.

Sorry to go off like that, but it needs to be said.

Anyway, to your question(s), blacks are generally at a significant disadvantage when it comes to education, acquisition of wealth, etc. The reasons for this disadvantage are societal and economic (or, socioeconomic, if you prefer). The roots go back 60 years, 150 years, 400 years, and even like 5000 years.

However it happened, ignoring it is absurd. The government is trying (or at least acting like it) to ameliorate the problem, but it will take centuries even if the correct decisions are made. And ****, what has the government ever solved?

I truly believe that CONSCIOUS racism is virtually nonexistent at the higher levels of government, business, and the like. That's comforting in one sense, but terrifying in another. Subconscious racism is difficult to spot and even harder to curb.

crc9246
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I actually think the NBA does a better job then most other sports in terms of allowing for minorities to have opportunities. As far as ownership and management, more advancements need to be made in those areas....

Agreed

HOZ THE KNICK
01-30-2009, 07:17 PM
that's because minorities are the best basketball players.

Kings Faithful
01-30-2009, 07:46 PM
This is ridiculous. People need to stop with the race posts. Racism will always exist, but its a ridiculous notion that the NBA and its teams are racist because most coaches, gm's, and managers are white. Maby black people just want to live in peace with the millions they made playing and don't want to coach, while white people would rather coach. Or maby there are just more qualified white people for the job than black people! That is a real possibility. If I was an owner i would hire the best guy for the job, I would never stop and go "there isn't enough black people coaching, so lets hire a black guy". Plus, i would rather be a black guy earning millions than a coach any day so people need to stop complaining like babies and get over it. Lets focus on better things with our lives why don't we?

3lite-Raptors
01-30-2009, 07:55 PM
simple answer

NO

Iron24th
01-31-2009, 08:30 AM
I honestly don't think there's any racism. More white people just try to get those jobs.

Are you serious??? :speechless:

Raps18-19 Champ
01-31-2009, 12:17 PM
I love it how you call them Afro-americans. That sounds racist to me.

lol i just booked that

Shieldsz
01-31-2009, 12:23 PM

it makes him white too.

There isn't much racism in the NBA. If there was it would be from the refs.. which there is not. I think the racism comes from the fans when they draft a "white guy" or bring a white guy on the team.

AIsixersFK
01-31-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't see why there can't be a lot of minority owners. You've got guys making 20 + mil a year. You mean to tell me once they retire say 5 or 6 of them can't get together and buy a franchise? using at least 1 years pay? Ridiculous

vigilantex69
01-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Well if 80% of basketball players are black, shouldn't some "affirmative action" step in for white people? Just saying :rolleyes:

philtheimpaler
01-31-2009, 12:56 PM
obviously white people run **** cause 29 out of the 30 team owners are white... The commisioner is a jew and the second in command is black... Half the head coaches are black... There have been quite a few gm's... The president of the country is black... Its time to relax a bit...

damn right

slvrandblkatack
01-31-2009, 01:55 PM
This is a silly topic but being of a biracial background i just fealt the need to comment.My mom is white and my father is african american and i can tell you first hand the story of racism.My whole life i lived with my mom and her family and it seemed as though my dads family wasn't ever around.Growing up i recieved a lot of hatred from neighbors in the area.I played basketball in high school so i played a lot in the backyard.Often my basketball would bounce over a fence or roll down and bounce of the side of the neighbors house.No big deal right................WRONG? I was called a black bastard just about twice a week and it all accumulated one day when i entered the neighbors yard to retrieve my basketball. Soon after getting the ball the neighbor verbally assaulted me and began threatening me saying he would kill my black *****! I sort of brushed it off until he came out his back door with a pistol and came up our driveway.Now this all stemmed from a basketball going over a fence and it had me and three of my aunts along with my grandparents and my best friend on the floor in the house trying to remain unseen. We just layed there trying to keep quiet knowing he was out there with gun in hand.That lasted about an hour or so til the police arrived cause my moms family isn't rich and our neighborhood wasn't the suburbs it was the inner city the police always take their time answering those calls.A year later the neighbor who stormed up the driveway, his wife passed away and come to find out she was the problem because from that day forward he was the nicest guy in the world.My whole point i guess would be that racism is present whether we admit it or not and that not all whites are filthy rich and college grads.Also that blacks can be just as racist as whites that is proven by my dads family that didn't want anything to do with me or my sister.The only reason i can think of is his parents came from slavery and witnessed it first hand.Maybe this is why they didn't accept me being half of their worst nightmare a slave owner.As far as blacks being owners, managers or coaches there are a lot of managers and coaches out there. The simple fact of the matter is blacks only account for 18% of the population so it is obvious that there would be more whites living in prosparity.As far as players making money and owning teams they have the blessed skill to be able to be on the court and most owners are guys that love the game and being an owner is the next best thing.Either way the guys on the court or in the owners box black or white are millionares!!!!!!!!!! NEED WE SAY MORE?

philab
01-31-2009, 04:47 PM
it makes him white too.

Not really . . .

You can't be both black AND white. And by the current system of classification (god, that sounds awful, but there's no better word), Barack Obama is black. He is NOT white. I'm not saying I care either way, but that's just how it is.

Butter$
01-31-2009, 05:09 PM
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

The term "Afro-American" isn't correct.

The correct term is Black.

Please make a note of that.

cambovenzi
01-31-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't see why there can't be a lot of minority owners. You've got guys making 20 + mil a year. You mean to tell me once they retire say 5 or 6 of them can't get together and buy a franchise? using at least 1 years pay? Ridiculous

it doesnt really work like that.
you need tons of money to buy a franchise.

and if they did in fact have enough, then it is on them to buy a team.
if they dont want to, what are you going to do? make them? i dont think so..

its not like all the white people are sitting around not wanting to sell teams to black people or hire black coaches.

Butter$
01-31-2009, 05:25 PM
This is a silly topic but being of a biracial background i just fealt the need to comment.My mom is white and my father is african american and i can tell you first hand the story of racism.My whole life i lived with my mom and her family and it seemed as though my dads family wasn't ever around.Growing up i recieved a lot of hatred from neighbors in the area.I played basketball in high school so i played a lot in the backyard.Often my basketball would bounce over a fence or roll down and bounce of the side of the neighbors house.No big deal right................WRONG? I was called a black bastard just about twice a week and it all accumulated one day when i entered the neighbors yard to retrieve my basketball. Soon after getting the ball the neighbor verbally assaulted me and began threatening me saying he would kill my black *****! I sort of brushed it off until he came out his back door with a pistol and came up our driveway.Now this all stemmed from a basketball going over a fence and it had me and three of my aunts along with my grandparents and my best friend on the floor in the house trying to remain unseen. We just layed there trying to keep quiet knowing he was out there with gun in hand.That lasted about an hour or so til the police arrived cause my moms family isn't rich and our neighborhood wasn't the suburbs it was the inner city the police always take their time answering those calls.A year later the neighbor who stormed up the driveway, his wife passed away and come to find out she was the problem because from that day forward he was the nicest guy in the world.My whole point i guess would be that racism is present whether we admit it or not and that not all whites are filthy rich and college grads.Also that blacks can be just as racist as whites that is proven by my dads family that didn't want anything to do with me or my sister.The only reason i can think of is his parents came from slavery and witnessed it first hand.Maybe this is why they didn't accept me being half of their worst nightmare a slave owner.As far as blacks being owners, managers or coaches there are a lot of managers and coaches out there. The simple fact of the matter is blacks only account for 18% of the population so it is obvious that there would be more whites living in prosparity.As far as players making money and owning teams they have the blessed skill to be able to be on the court and most owners are guys that love the game and being an owner is the next best thing.Either way the guys on the court or in the owners box black or white are millionares!!!!!!!!!! NEED WE SAY MORE?

Why is your Mom white, but your father is "African American" ??

I'm both too, only my Mom is "Black" and my dad is "White", end of story.

Why are people so scared to just say Black the way they say White?? lol

Then you got all these white people in here using "AFRO-AMERICAN" like its 1982 or something.

Stop making things more complicated than they have to be.

cambovenzi
01-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Why is your Mom white, but your father is "African American" ??

I'm both too, only my Mom is "Black" and my dad is "White", end of story.

Why are people so scared to just say Black the way they say White?? lol

Then you got all these white people in here using "AFRO-AMERICAN" like its 1982 or something.

Stop making things more complicated than they have to be.

the guy who said afro-american is from spain IIRC.

i just say white or black.
maybe african-american once in awhile.

wait...I mean, "we are all the same. i dont even notice".:rolleyes::smoking:

Butter$
01-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Who?

Don't come in here with your Clan outfit, Buffalo...I know how you get down lol.

You know exactly who Rosa Parks is.

Aren't you fresh off a ban?

Butter$
01-31-2009, 05:36 PM
the guy who said afro-american is from spain IIRC.

i just say white or black.
maybe african-american once in awhile.

wait...I mean, "we are all the same. i dont even notice".:rolleyes::smoking:

Always bet on Black;)

Hellcrooner
01-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Well i used Afroamerican because i thought that was the "no implications" way of telling it.
here in spain if you say "negro" with is litteraly "black" it is considered offensive.

run4sun1988
01-31-2009, 05:47 PM
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

It sounds like affirmative action to me.

JustinLafferty
01-31-2009, 06:04 PM
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

Well over half of the US is Caucasian. I believe it's like 55-65% or more and many players don't make good GM's just like many coaches don't. There's more to being a GM than just knowing how to PLAY basketball. You got the salaries and much more to deal with. The owners you can't really make someone sell their team to a black or hispanic owner.......I believe the percentages of African American are like 15-20% so when you look at the percentages of coaches and such then theres a much more likely chance that there still gonna be more White coaches, GM's, Owners, etc. It's not racism! It's just theirs more white people so naturally your not gonna have equal number of races. The NBA does a very good job with the race thing but I hate to say but if an Owner don't want a black GM or Head Coach you can make him interview someone but you don't have to make him hire him. I just think you should take a look at the difference in the number of caucasian, african american, hispanic, etc. before you go shouting the racism card. 85% of College professors I think I read was Democrat and Liberal so there inequalities in every aspect of life that means everyone who go to college is more likely to have a liberal ideology threw down there throat. it's just the way things work.

michaelb2254
01-31-2009, 06:14 PM
I think it's the other way around. 95% of former Caches, GM's and Owners are white so there should be more white players.

Same arguement

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

Listen here shitdick. Dont even tell me that the NBA is discriminating against blacks. you ask all the ratios of those positions..well listen shitjockey. How about the ratio of black PLAYERS vs every other type of player. 9 out of 10 players are black. I love how black people ***** about baseball being discriminating for not having enough blacks..but no one ever complains that the NBA doesnt have enough whites. but i never thought i'd see this. "NBA discriminates against blacks"?! You ****.

There is no discrimination in sports. if i were to make any argument about the NBA..its that it discriminates against whites.

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 06:39 PM

shut the hell up

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 06:40 PM
I mean,
racism is everywhere,
so...
yeah.

yeah tell me about it. where people least expect it too

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 06:43 PM

o wow. i dont know...lemme think about it....maybe people who have more money..have better jobs? worked harder? took more risks? and im not dividing races here im talking about the whole world as one.

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
do you have any concept of history?
No, better yet. let me ask you a question.
why do you think a huge majority of our professional athletes are black?
10 percent of the population and 90 percent of the Final Four. (c) Chris Rock
can you even muster a guess?

cuz dey racists! duh!

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 06:49 PM

You have GOT to be kidding. maybe theres more white people living than any other race.

Dont even TRY to say colleges discriminate against blacks. Dont even go there. There are all black colleges. Colleges are litereally more likely to accept a black student if his credentials are identical to a white kids. literally.

and as for money and jobs...whites dont have any affirmitive action do they?

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Are you serious??? :speechless:

Yes.

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 06:55 PM
your first wrong answer!

(well, maybe not. but. for fun, to assume it's true.
why do you think they study more?)

will you shut the hell up? Because there not as lazy?! Happy? Keep asking dumbass questions and keep getting dumbass answers

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 06:56 PM
The definitive racist answer i was sure someone would bring up.

ur a racist urself in that case fr implying whites arent athletic.

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Well i used Afroamerican because i thought that was the "no implications" way of telling it.
here in spain if you say "negro" with is litteraly "black" it is considered offensive.

well i think "white" is offensive. say caucasion. or more specifically, address every like you would an "African American". call italians "Italian Americans." "Irish AMericans" and so on. instead everyone just says "Irish" or "Italian", and everyones fine with it. what if people just called black people "Africans"? ooo thatd be horribly offensive though.

Master Mind
01-31-2009, 07:04 PM
well i think "white" is offensive. say caucasion. or more specifically, address every like you would an "African American". call italians "Italian Americans." "Irish AMericans" and so on. instead everyone just says "Irish" or "Italian", and everyones fine with it. what if people just called black people "Africans"? ooo thatd be horribly offensive though.

Calm down bro, you're started to give off a racist stench....

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Calm down bro, you're started to give off a racist stench....

actually...what i said was anti-racist. it was basically calling for equality. racism is against all races. NOT just "african americans"

philab
01-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah you can....

http://www.devilgraphics.com/zebra/zebra-0003.jpg

http://anonymousradioshow.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/marilyn_manson_and_gene_simmons.jpg

:clap:

I was referring to HUMANS, which those two things clearly are not.

WSU Tony
01-31-2009, 07:24 PM
I think the very first post saying "afro-american" is racist in itself. !!!

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 07:24 PM
No there is not racism in NBA, black people make up majority of the league, there are black coaches, GMs as well whats the problem. People seriously wake up if a black person can become President of the United States than anything can be done.

Master Mind
01-31-2009, 07:25 PM
actually...what i said was anti-racist. it was basically calling for equality. racism is against all races. NOT just "african americans"

I understand...For as long as racism have been going on it's gonna take centuries to eradicate...As the saying goes "one bad apple spoils the rest", we influence each other and to truly represent equality you can't exclude any race, culture or group; If it wasn't for that one person who said "hey I hate anything that don't look like me, so let's enslave them and segregate them while spewing cruel divisive words" then we wouldn't be worrying about it today...To reverse this plague we must come together and lead by example, the future of the human race depends on it... :eyebrow:

jehovah joe
01-31-2009, 07:28 PM
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

you make a great point.

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
I think the very first post saying "afro-american" is racist in itself. !!!

Yeah some black people take offense to being called African American. Black people don't speak African languages, they have a totally different culture, so they take it offensively. It really depends I have some black friends that take offense and I have other black friends that don't really care. It really just depends on the person.

Master Mind
01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
No there is not racism in NBA, black people make up majority of the league, there are black coaches, GMs as well whats the problem. People seriously wake up if a black person can become President of the United States than anything can be done.

Yeah. He's right. 43 white to 1 black president indicate that it will take time to truly overcome racism....

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 07:30 PM
I understand...For as long as racism have been going on it's gonna take centuries to eradicate...As the saying goes "one bad apple spoils the rest", we influence each other and to truly represent equality you can't exclude any race, culture or group; If it wasn't for that one person who said "hey I hate anything that don't look like me, so let's enslave them and segregate them while spewing cruel divisive words" then we wouldn't be worrying about it today...To reverse this plague we must come together and lead by example, the future of the human race depends on it... :eyebrow:

this isnt 200 years ago, or even 50. its now. african americans are not discriminated against anymore, at all. they still pull racism out of everything they can though, and blame everyone else for anything thats not right in their life. THATS a big part of what keeps racism alive, period.

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah. He's right. 43 white to 1 black president indicate that it will take time to truly overcome racism....

it just so happens that that 1 black president is active. racism against african americans exists no more then it does against any other race.

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 07:33 PM
No, fair chance, it's a fact it has to do with genetics. You give the chances to the players that are best and it just happens to be that the best players majority in the league are black. I don't see any racism in NBA.

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 07:36 PM

You can't keep living in the past. Yes black people have been mistreated in the past, long history of that, what happened was totally wrong. But we have made big strides as a country to change peoples perception. Racism will always exist.

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
How has nobody figured out that the system of racism is the reason that blacks are most of our athletes in the first place??!?!?

LOL.

philab
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
this isnt 200 years ago, or even 50. its now. african americans are not discriminated against anymore, at all. they still pull racism out of everything they can though, and blame everyone else for anything thats not right in their life. THATS a big part of what keeps racism alive, period.

Right . . . . :rolleyes:

From Boston perchance?

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
You can't keep living in the past. Yes black people have been mistreated in the past, long history of that, what happened was totally wrong. But we have made big strides as a country to change peoples perception. Racism will always exist.

We've made some strides (mostly from overt and violent racism to quiet and economic racism, although the former still exists), but the system of racism is still very powerful.
Things that happened 400 years ago are still affecting us today as a world.

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:41 PM
No there is not racism in NBA, black people make up majority of the league, there are black coaches, GMs as well whats the problem.People seriously wake up if a black person can become President of the United States than anything can be done.

this quote is proof that racism still exists.

Would you say "wake up, if a white person can become President than anything is possible"?

of course not.

The black man has to fly for something that the white man can walk to. (c) Chris Rock

philab
01-31-2009, 07:42 PM
How has nobody figured out that the system of racism is the reason that blacks are most of our athletes in the first place??!?!?

LOL.

Racism today or racism historically?

If I understand you correctly (which I'm not sure I do), then I agree that it's likely a contributing factor.

We're typically taught to keep thoughts like that to ourselves, however.

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:43 PM
You have GOT to be kidding. maybe theres more white people living than any other race.

Dont even TRY to say colleges discriminate against blacks. Dont even go there. There are all black colleges. Colleges are litereally more likely to accept a black student if his credentials are identical to a white kids. literally.

and as for money and jobs...whites dont have any affirmitive action do they?

Yeah, because whites really need affirmative action.:rolleyes:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v200/42/45/1341450087/n1341450087_30039025_2884.jpg

theuuord
Racism today or racism historically?

If I understand you correctly (which I'm not sure I do), then I agree that it's likely a contributing factor.

We're typically taught to keep thoughts like that to ourselves, however.

Historically.

theuuord
however, if you were taught to keep a thought like that to yourself, you may be misunderstanding me.

philab
01-31-2009, 07:44 PM
this quote is proof that racism still exists.

Would you say "wake up, if a white person can become President than anything is possible"?

of course not.

The black man has to fly for something that the white man can walk to. (c) Chris Rock

That's a very unfair interpretation of his post. And as much as I love Chris Rock, that quote isn't quite applicable.

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Right . . . . :rolleyes:

From Boston perchance?

Detroit

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah, because whites really need affirmative action.:rolleyes:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v200/42/45/1341450087/n1341450087_30039025_2884.jpg

doesnt matter. its still discrimination

and that cartoon is ********

philab
01-31-2009, 07:46 PM
however, if you were taught to keep a thought like that to yourself, you may be misunderstanding me.

No, historically was what I was thinking.

I think I understand you.

Typically, any sort of biological, genetic, evolutionary, or scientific analysis is to be kept out of such discussions, however. If we're on the same page . . .

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:48 PM
That's a very unfair interpretation of his post. And as much as I love Chris Rock, that quote isn't quite applicable.

Not really.
The white man is considered the "standard" as an effect of systemic racism in the last like 400 years.

It's not that the poster I quoted is an actively racist person (although he might be, who knows, I don't know the guy), but just the fact that a black man becoming president is such the massive achievement that it is is proof that racism is still alive and well.

philab
01-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Detroit

Haha, explains the Patriots fan-ship.

Anyway, just wondering. South Boston has been called one of the most racist places in America (don't kill the messenger everyone). So if you were from Boston, I'd be surprised you hadn't witnessed racism.

Although, wherever the hell you're from, the fact that racism exists should be apparent.

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:50 PM
No, historically was what I was thinking.

I think I understand you.

Typically, any sort of biological, genetic, evolutionary, or scientific analysis is to be kept out of such discussions, however. If we're on the same page . . .

Well let me make myself clear.

During the era of slavery, white people bred slaves to be the biggest, strongest, and fastest of people, to get the most efficient workers (and best entertainers for boxing matches, things like that). Because of that, the weak and sickly were lynched, and the blacks who showed intelligence over athleticism met the same fate (also killed in some form).

hence, the descendants of slaves we have today make up a huge part of our athletic pool.

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Seriously people lots of other cultures have been mistreated too, we need to forget the past and move on. Everyone has their own interpretation on history everyone see's it differently. For me to see a black person become President, the highest position you can receive and become the voice for the people and Lead our nation it says a lot to me and how far we have come as a nation. Is there still racism? Of course there will always be racism as long as people hold hate in their hearts.

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:52 PM
doesnt matter. its still discrimination

and that cartoon is ********

Yeah, you poor disadvantaged white people get discriminated against soooooo much.
how do you live?

lol.
mad that it's right?

sorry man. let it sink in for a bit.

philab
01-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Not really.
The white man is considered the "standard" as an effect of systemic racism in the last like 400 years.

It's not that the poster I quoted is an actively racist person (although he might be, who knows, I don't know the guy), but just the fact that a black man becoming president is such the massive achievement that it is is proof that racism is still alive and well.

Oh, I agree.

The fact that a black man is President is indicative of NOTHING. Celebrate the achievement and whatnot, but it means nothing. America did not change overnight.

That said, things are improving, however slightly.

Anyway, as to his post, I think his comment was pretty tame. Just the typical rhetoric of the past three months.

Master Mind
01-31-2009, 07:53 PM

Are you black? How would you know? :eyebrow: Yeah everyone is accountable for what goes on in their life but certain things are uncalled for, life is tough as it is already....Cops who use excessive force against a certain race--uncalled for! There's still parts of the USA that commit heinous hate crimes against other races, you just don't see it....How can a group like the KKK still be around and the black panthers are eradicated a year or two of being established...Racism is alive and it begins with the hierarchy and just trickle down to society...

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Seriously people lots of other cultures have been mistreated too, we need to forget the past and move on. Everyone has their own interpretation on history everyone see's it differently. For me to see a black person become President, the highest position you can receive and become the voice for the people and Lead our nation it says a lot to me and how far we have come as a nation. Is there still racism? Of course there will always be racism as long as people hold hate in their hearts.

Oh definitely, other cultures have been mistreated hugely. The Irish, the Jews, my people (the Armenians) all throughout history have been discriminated against on a global scale in the deadliest of ways. The point is that we're speaking on an American/North American scale (since that's where the NBA is), and therefore the cultural mistreatment that we're discussing is as a result of our history with it.

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh, I agree.

The fact that a black man is President is indicative of NOTHING. Celebrate the achievement and whatnot, but it means nothing. America did not change overnight.

That said, things are improving, however slightly.

Anyway, as to his post, I think his comment was pretty tame. Just the typical rhetoric of the past three months.

Oh it's totally tame. it's subconscious. that was my point.

philab
01-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Well let me make myself clear.

During the era of slavery, white people bred slaves to be the biggest, strongest, and fastest of people, to get the most efficient workers (and best entertainers for boxing matches, things like that). Because of that, the weak and sickly were lynched, and the blacks who showed intelligence over athleticism met the same fate (also killed in some form).

hence, the descendants of slaves we have today make up a huge part of our athletic pool.

Yeah, we're definitely on the same page.

There's more to it than that, but those are similar stories too.

Basically, through one method or another, a significant portion of the gene pool was cut out. And as any introductory biology or evolution class will teach, that can have enormous effects.

rhymeratic
01-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Look, I'm black and it's this should answer it all. Majority of Billionaires are white, some own teams. That aren't as many minorities that have enough money to make it a worthwhile investment to own a sports franchise. A part of it, yes but in it's entirety no. It's frankly not a good investment unless you got in when the league was just formed etc.
So with that being said, racism does exist in sports and outside of sports. It may not be as blatant but just minor things like player projections coming out of college and player comparisons breed it.

It's no big deal, everyone on this planet is racist in one form or another. Let's just win games, have fun and live in peace.

Missing56&33
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

well I think you just answerd your question. One black owner???

theuuord
And you ignore that fact that white people have to fear for their life when they walk through places like Camden and Philly. I personally have been discriminated against by black people a lot...as I live near those areas.

....and black people have to fear for their life any time they walk past a police station.

what's your point?

(lol by the way, as an Armenian I can be perceived as "white" sometimes and I've never felt scared walking through Camden. Like anywhere else, you just gotta know where the bad areas are.)

Master Mind
01-31-2009, 07:58 PM

I'm not living in the past bro...Have you payed attention to the campaign? The stuff I've witnessed is appalling...I thought it was 50 years ago....

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah, we're definitely on the same page.

There's more to it than that, but those are similar stories too.

Basically, through one method or another, a significant portion of the gene pool was cut out. And as any introductory biology or evolution class will teach, that can have enormous effects.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean of course there's more to it, but that's just a quick message-board worthy history.

theuuord
01-31-2009, 07:59 PM
lol, i still can't get over the idea that people actually think racism is over...

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Are you black? How would you know? :eyebrow: Yeah everyone is accountable for what goes on in their life but certain things are uncalled for, life is tough as it is already....Cops who use excessive force against a certain race--uncalled for! There's still parts of the USA that commit heinous hate crimes against other races, you just don't see it....How can a group like the KKK still be around and the black panthers are eradicated a year or two of being established...Racism is alive and it begins with the hierarchy and just trickle down to society...

maybe because the KKK is more organized then the black panthers. More intelligence.

and i live in detroit. its scary as **** walkin around there..the looks i get..

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 08:01 PM

I understand where your coming from. The cop that shot that black person, when he was already down and not resisting arrest and cooperating was killed in Oakland I think. The force was uncalled for, than the cop just resigns, I agree something needs to be done with our system. Does our system fail us, Yes it does, but we need it to keep order in our world. It's really easy to fall into the grips of Racism.

philab
Oh it's totally tame. it's subconscious. that was my point.

All right.

I understand the terrifying reality that is subconscious racism (refer to my earlier post, page 3/4/whatever).

But I think he was just repeating the rhetoric of the day.

It's more of an (quasi-)inspirational saying. If you're from Podunktown, Montana and your friend becomes a movie star, then it's natural to think "Hey, if Bill came from Podunktown and became a movie star, anything is possible!"

Just my interpretation.

wwwhat
This is a stupid topic. It may or may not be true owners are racist and may hire whites over blacks if they're of equal skill level, etc. But how are you going to change character that's been bred over centuries? With affirmative action? No. How about overcoming them by your *** off and becoming owner yourself. If blacks cared enough about being GMs/President (of an NBA team), etc, then they should work as hard as possible to reach the top. It may sound ****ed up but it's how it is and it won't be changing any time soon. And *****ing and moaning for affirmative action and **** like that makes you look like a ****** (theuuord).

Master Mind
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
And you ignore that fact that white people have to fear for their life when they walk through places like Camden and Philly. I personally have been discriminated against by black people a lot...as I live near those areas.

Exactly, I can't speak for you---So what makes that guy think he can talk for blacks...I never said whites couldn't go through the same but the majority of this country is ????? :eyebrow:

theuuord
01-31-2009, 08:03 PM
maybe because the KKK is more organized then the black panthers. More intelligence.

ohhhh nooo! you get "looks"? how scary! people giving you dirty eyes!

i'm shivering just thinking about it.

meanwhile, Oscar Grant gets an unprovoked bullet in his brain from a cop.

wait, what was your point?

Lone Maverick
01-31-2009, 08:04 PM

and white tbh :rolleyes:

I have several biracial friends and they all said at some point or another how Barack isn't the first black president he is the first biracial. Doesn't matter though because that is not how society sees him and not how history will remember him.

As for the thread, racism is everywhere, whether you know it or not it is in some form or fashion. Not just whites against blacks, but both ways no ALL ways. So with that being said I find it hard to believe that the NBA is only place in the entire world to not have ANY tiny shred of racism. Not sure how prevalent it truly is but then again none of us do since we're not in the NBA.

/my opinion

theuuord
01-31-2009, 08:05 PM
What the hell do you mean "what's my point"? What was his point? Oh I get it...the post showing that black people aren't always the victim must be utter bullsh*t right?

lol. keep getting mad. it makes you look good.

there's a difference between discrimination and racism. at least if you go by the systemic definition of racism.

theuuord
01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah this thread can get some real laughs out of me too. Like people yelling about how black people are at every disadvantage when there are literally laws that FORCE people to hire black people over white people.

lol @ white people who get a hundred times the opportunities that black people do from the day they're born and then whine about affirmative action.

(and i'm not even black!)

philab
01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
and white tbh :rolleyes:

I went this before, but NO.

Barack Obama is NOT white.

I didn't make the, um, "rules," but that's the truth of the matter.

davg31
01-31-2009, 08:07 PM
This is one of the reasons there is racism. When people try to play the not enough minorities card. The best person for the job gets the job. Just look at the President

Master Mind

See if I wasn't a understanding person I would identify the racial implication in that statement, but that would just be ignorant right :eyebrow: But anyways the KKK disgust me organized or not, they're a terrorist group...Yeah I know there's parts thats scary but my point is, America made it that way....

theuuord
This is a stupid topic. It may or may not be true owners are racist and may hire whites over blacks if they're of equal skill level, etc. But how are you going to change character that's been bred over centuries? With affirmative action? No. How about overcoming them by your *** off and becoming owner yourself. If blacks cared enough about being GMs/President (of an NBA team), etc, then they should work as hard as possible to reach the top. It may sound ****ed up but it's how it is and it won't be changing any time soon. And *****ing and moaning for affirmative action and **** like that makes you look like a ****** (theuuord).

So, blacks should work much harder than whites do, to be even with whites?

:eyebrow:

also, calling someone a ****** really makes your point resonate stronger.

philab
01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, pretty much. I mean of course there's more to it, but that's just a quick message-board worthy history.

And you understand my point about keeping things like that to yourself, right?

It's stupid, but race and genetics in one conversation is frowned upon.

Maybe it's that it's a very slippery slope -- with eugenics at the bottom -- but such things are generally to be kept to one's self in our society.

Master Mind
01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
I understand where your coming from. The cop that shot that black person, when he was already down and not resisting arrest and cooperating was killed in Oakland I think. The force was uncalled for, than the cop just resigns, I agree something needs to be done with our system. Does our system fail us, Yes it does, but we need it to keep order in our world. It's really easy to fall into the grips of Racism.

Agreed...Uncalled for

theuuord
01-31-2009, 08:11 PM
And you understand my point about keeping things like that to yourself, right?

It's stupid, but race and genetics in one conversation is frowned upon.

Maybe it's that it's a very slippery slope -- with eugenics at the bottom -- but such things are generally to be kept to one's self in our society.

I wasn't really talking about genetics though - just race and how those perceived to be either weak or intelligent in the race were weeded out.

I mean, that does kind of intertwine with genetics (like you said), but i wasn't bringing that up.

philab
01-31-2009, 08:15 PM
I wasn't really talking about genetics though - just race and how those perceived to be either weak or intelligent in the race were weeded out.

I mean, that does kind of intertwine with genetics (like you said), but i wasn't bringing that up.

Oh, I wasn't trying to "call you out" or anything. Like I said, it's stupid that things are that way.

I was just explaining my reluctance to speak explicitly on the subject, at least initially.

theuuord
01-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh, I wasn't trying to "call you out" or anything. Like I said, it's stupid that things are that way.

I was just explaining my reluctance to speak explicitly on the subject, at least initially.

understood. luckily, i've had no problem my entire life being explicit if i so desired.

City of Angels
01-31-2009, 08:19 PM
well if you want their to be 50% blacks as owners and refs....then i want 50% white people as players...

vigilantex69
01-31-2009, 08:25 PM
well if you want their to be 50% blacks as owners and refs....then i want 50% white people as players...

:clap:

NotVeryOriginal
01-31-2009, 08:26 PM
whites are not a physically gifted as blacks so they GENERALLY rely more on bball IQ than pure talent, athleticism and skills to do well, this correlates well with becoming a basketball mind later in life whether it be coach, GM or whatever..... just my 2 cents but there are probably numerous reasons that will give you your answer.....

I could honestly see most owners being a little racist in hiring their presidents and GMs, seems like the majority of them are white, but than those that are hired seem to have no preferences when hiring black coaches and personel. It probably has to do with the owners going to white collar schools and mostly being older growing up through tense racial times, the guys whom they hire mostly have been former players who have bonded with african americans on their former teams and have no problem hiring black coaches/drafting black players etc.

That why the worlds strongest man and majority of HW boxers tend to be white, why the olympics power lifting is dominated by Indo-Chinese, and why most marathon runners that have the most success are white?

West Africans (and their decendants in America, Brazil, and the carrabean) and Samoans are proven to have a higher percentage of fast twitch fibres in their muscles. Meaning they are faster and have faster transfer of power skills, so jump higher, punch faster, ect.

Whites, Indo chinese and east africans have a higher concentration of slowtwitch fibres so they are better at things involving cardio. Be it a 90 game of p-ssyball or dragging a 20 ton truck 100 metres.

For those too lazy to read a book, look at all the 100 metre runners, not one non black has officially finished in under 10.0. Then compare that to the marathons and the high percentage of caucasian and indo chinese winners.

magichatnumber9
01-31-2009, 08:28 PM
listen this is a simple solution, most nba franchises are partnerships,,, that means anyone can buy in ummm so why do we have this thread?

Master Mind
01-31-2009, 08:28 PM

OK I see things like "why aren't there (x race) in this sport and so on?"...Maybe cause they just don't cut it...Players are judged by skill not color--The best will always make it barring setbacks....For Owners the only color that matter is green...

philab
01-31-2009, 08:38 PM
For those too lazy to read a book, look at all the 100 metre runners, not one non black has officially finished in under 10.0. Then compare that to the marathons and the high percentage of caucasian and indo chinese winners.

Distance running is dominated by Kenyans, Ethiopians, and Moroccans, not whites.

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 09:15 PM
eh

NotVeryOriginal
01-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Distance running is dominated by Kenyans, Ethiopians, and Moroccans, not whites.

West Africans (and their decendants in America, Brazil, and the carrabean) and Samoans are proven to have a higher percentage of fast twitch fibres in their muscles. Meaning they are faster and have faster transfer of power skills, so jump higher, punch faster, ect.

Whites, Indo chinese and east africans have a higher concentration of slowtwitch fibres so they are better at things involving cardio. Be it a 90 game of p-ssyball or dragging a 20 ton truck 100 metres.

bosoxkid429
01-31-2009, 09:46 PM
rediculous post!!!

29sbuc
01-31-2009, 11:36 PM
the whole thread is rediculous

BALLER R
01-31-2009, 11:57 PM
actually alot of those black players in the nba had a rough life growing up and basketball was kinda their way of escaping from it all so they spent alot of time playing it...hence thats why theres so much black players...theres other reasons but i think thats one of the main ones

P.S same can be said for football

29sbuc
02-01-2009, 12:00 AM
actually alot of those black players in the nba had a rough life growing up and basketball was kinda their way of escaping from it all so they spent alot of time playing it...hence thats why theres so much black players...theres other reasons but i think thats one of the main ones

P.S same can be said for football

whats that have to do with te NBA being racist toward blacks, like shitsky says?

BALLER R
02-01-2009, 12:06 AM
whats that have to do with te NBA being racist toward blacks, like shitsky says?

its not the nba being racist towards black people but going to the nba is alot of young black men dream..they spend alot of time trying to make it to the nba..im not saying white players dont but if you look at the history and bio of players see how they lived there life before they made it in the nba they had it rough..some were poor or involved in gangs and they looked at basketball as a way to escape it all

Jacob K.
02-01-2009, 12:17 AM
if a black person wants to buy a franchise, theyre allowed, they just have to pay the price, just like a white person would have to

29sbuc
02-01-2009, 12:21 AM
if a black person wants to buy a franchise, theyre allowed, they just have to pay the price, just like a white person would have to

"yeah but its racist cuz they does that on purpose cuz they knows black peoples aint got as much money so the nba be racist!!!"
--Love,
That guy from earlier in the thread who thinks the NBA is racist because franchises are expensive.

G-Funk
02-01-2009, 01:12 AM
I personally feel like NBA is not up there with NFL or MLB in ratings is due to the lack of white players but that's a different subject.

Spurred1
02-01-2009, 01:51 AM
I personally feel like NBA is not up there with NFL or MLB in ratings is due to the lack of white players but that's a different subject.

Maybe you could start a thread on it. So are you thinking that the NBA would pull in more viewers/fans if more of the players were white? Or did I misinterpret you?

Master Mind
02-01-2009, 02:39 PM

Are you serious? MLB?...Out of the 3 major sports MLB has lesser ratings....And to say it's because of the lack of whites :pity:

Master Mind
02-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Maybe you could start a thread on it. So are you thinking that the NBA would pull in more viewers/fans if more of the players were white? Or did I misinterpret you?

Uh maybe he shouldn't :eyebrow:

NJrockPD
02-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Exactly, lets shut the **** up about this.

MilfHunter07
02-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

Black people rather waste their money on cars or that good stuff lol.

theuuord
02-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Exactly, lets shut the **** up about this.

my president is black, in fact, he's half white
so even in a racist mind, he's half right

two points to whoever can place the quote without googling...

oshea225
02-01-2009, 04:18 PM
my president is black, in fact, he's half white
so even in a racist mind, he's half right

two points to whoever can place the quote without googling...

my president is black, jay z
+2

jollyjava
02-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Kind of ironic that theuuord keeps quoting people like Chris Rock and Jay Z when they're the people that give black people a bad name in the first place.

Hellcrooner
02-02-2009, 03:44 AM
Not quite.

If you want to buy th eother 29 owners have to approve.

And there is something that smells fishy....

There are some BIG soccer CLubs that have been Bought by Rich/Spoiled Millionaires form Saudi Arabia, Qatar , Russians or even Thailandese owners, like Chelsea, Manchester City, Fulham etc etc.

How come no offers have been held for nba franchises?.....

gcoll
02-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Yeah, black people are totally underrepresented in the NBA.

There are some BIG soccer CLubs that have been Bought by Rich/Spoiled Millionaires form Saudi Arabia, Qatar , Russians or even Thailandese owners, like Chelsea, Manchester City, Fulham etc etc.

How come no offers have been held for nba franchises?.
Soccer is a bigger sport on an international level.

Hellcrooner
02-02-2009, 04:04 AM
^The big clubs yes they are Barcelona, Madrid, Milan Man Utd but Manchester city=? i guranteee you tehre are far more Knicks fans around the globe than CIty fans.

TheKin367
02-02-2009, 04:55 AM
I mean.

G Ms????

Head COaches????

How is this "logical" at all? The skill set required to be a player in any sports league is completely different from those skills needed to fulfill other, non-player jobs in the NBA. Not to say that a player can't have those skills too, but the logic of assuming being a player is ample preparation for these jobs is foolish.

gcoll
02-02-2009, 05:37 AM
How is this "logical" at all? The skill set required to be a player in any sports league is completely different from those skills needed to fulfill other, non-player jobs in the NBA. Not to say that a player can't have those skills too, but the logic of assuming being a player is ample preparation for these jobs is foolish.

This is the point that kills the entire argument.

The big clubs yes they are Barcelona, Madrid, Milan Man Utd but Manchester city=? i guranteee you tehre are far more Knicks fans around the globe than CIty fans.
So what?

There are probably more Manchester United fans in the US than Memphis Grizzlies fans. What's your point?

So...only 20% are white?

What percentage of the US population is white? What percentage of NBA players are white Americans? OMG....Racism!!!!

I found the answer. The NBA is racist against white American basketball players.

davg31
02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
my president is black, jay z
+2

I thought Gilbert was the only "black President"

theuuord
02-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Kind of ironic that theuuord keeps quoting people like Chris Rock and Jay Z when they're the people that give black people a bad name in the first place.

some of the richest and most powerful black entrepreneurs in history give black people a bad name?

:eyebrow:

riiiiiight.