PDA

View Full Version : 8th seed in the east???

codes238
01-29-2009, 03:19 AM
ok so with philly and miami coming on strong, it looks like the top 7 teams are pretty set... and washington is done for the season... so whos gonna be the 8th seed?
the bucks, pacers, bobcats, knicks, bulls, the nets or raptors? these 7 teams are all within 2 games of each other, its gonna be some race... personally i think milwaukee and charlotte are done becuase of injuries to redd and gerald wallce... the bulls are too young and are rebuilding... the knicks just dont quite have enough talent... the nets just dont have enough... i think its gonna come down to the pacers and my raptors!

what do you guys think? and if youre gonna say something like "who cares, whoever makes it is just gonna get swept by the celtics!" then please dont bother posting...

Jonathan2323
01-29-2009, 03:25 AM
i say the Raptors if they can get Marion if not i pick the Nets.

Draco
01-29-2009, 03:26 AM
I didn't think I'd be writing this at the beginning of the season but now I wouldn't be surprised if NY grabs 8th.

codes238
01-29-2009, 03:29 AM
I didn't think I'd be writing this at the beginning of the season but now I wouldn't be surprised if NY grabs 8th.

yea i know what you mean theyre definitely the wildcard, i just cant see them keeping this up... we need to get marion

Iggydelphia
01-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Toronto

NYKnickFanatic
01-29-2009, 03:48 AM
Lmao @ the Knicks dont have enough talent.
Thats okay though, we will be a sleeper.
Like last years Hawks.

And FYI Pacers are NOT making the playoffs.

Wilson
01-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Who cares, whoever makes it is just gonna get swept by the Celtics!

:p

codes238
01-29-2009, 03:53 AM
Lmao @ the Knicks dont have enough talent.
Thats okay though, we will be a sleeper.
Like last years Hawks.

And FYI Pacers are NOT making the playoffs.

yea it wasnt a good choice of words... lee, nate and wilson chandler are all solid young players and i think danillo is gonna be good too... for some reason though i just cant see new york making it...

codes238
01-29-2009, 03:54 AM

:p

hahaha i hate you! and pandas are the gayest and most useless animals ever! no wonder theyre gonna be extinct soon...

colinskik
01-29-2009, 03:57 AM
The Knicks are the best team of the ones contending for the 8th seed.

NYKnickFanatic
01-29-2009, 04:01 AM
yea it wasnt a good choice of words... lee, nate and wilson chandler are all solid young players and i think danillo is gonna be good too... for some reason though i just cant see new york making it...

Well, you should be following them a little.
They have been playing great team basketball. ;)

1goldenrican1
01-29-2009, 04:02 AM
hahaha i hate you! and pandas are the gayest and most useless animals ever! no wonder theyre gonna be extinct soon...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:. But seriously man there not:no: Not atall useless. What animal would we we put on the duck sauce and soy sauce pakets

Wilson
01-29-2009, 04:09 AM

We need someone to get rid of all the bamboo we have lying around...

You know what? The NBA should expand to London like some people have suggested, and call the team the London Pandas. You know what else? That's still not as illogical a name as the Toronto Raptors...:p

1goldenrican1
01-29-2009, 04:10 AM
I dont think that the top 7 are set. Only the top 6. Philly is only 2.5 games ahead of the 8th spot and they have a tough shedule near the end of the season. I honeslty think the 4 teams that we battle for the 7th and 8th slot are philly, knicks, nets, and raps. Bucks and bobcats arent do to Injuries. They all have tough games but I think worst is for us Knicks. We have "dream week" coming up. The top 3 teams in the league Celts, Cavs, and Lakers at home.

codes238
01-29-2009, 04:11 AM
We need someone to get rid of all the bamboo we have lying around...

You know what? The NBA should expand to London like some people have suggested, and call the team the London Pandas. You know what else? That's still not as illogical a name as the Toronto Raptors...:p

how about utah jazz when theres a team from new orleans in the league!?

codes238
01-29-2009, 04:12 AM
I dont think that the top 7 are set. Only the top 6. Philly is only 2.5 games ahead of the 8th spot and they have a tough shedule near the end of the season. I honeslty think the 4 teams that we battle for the 7th and 8th slot are philly, knicks, nets, and raps. Bucks and bobcats arent do to Injuries. They all have tough games but I think worst is for us Knicks. We have "dream week" coming up. The top 3 teams in the league Celts, Cavs, and Lakers at home.

yea it is only 2.5 games but the sixers are a really good team, it just took them a while to put it together...

Wilson
01-29-2009, 04:12 AM
how about utah jazz when theres a team from new orleans in the league!?

That is a bad one. Come to think of it, Lakers doesn't make too much sense, but it's historical now!

codes238
01-29-2009, 04:14 AM
That is a bad one. Come to think of it, Lakers doesn't make too much sense, but it's historical now!

yea neither does memphis grizzlies, i dont understand why they didnt just change that one... its not like they had some rich tradition here in vancouver... i guess they didnt want anyone forgetting about bryant "big country" reeves...

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 04:38 AM

Did this guys seriously just diss Pandas? Wow...

If you had asked me two days ago, I would have said the Bobcats. But Wallace is going to be out awhile and I just saw DJ Augustine is gonna be out 10 more days...and this all happens as we start our big road trip...:(

codes238
01-29-2009, 04:44 AM
Did this guys seriously just diss Pandas? Wow...

If you had asked me two days ago, I would have said the Bobcats. But Wallace is going to be out awhile and I just saw DJ Augustine is gonna be out 10 more days...and this all happens as we start our big road trip...:(

a collapsed lung and broken rib take a long time to recover from, he might be out for the whole year... theres no way youre making it over all those teams without wallace, sorry, you have "the stache" starting at small forward for crying out loud...

michaellui11
01-29-2009, 04:46 AM
New York/New Jersey
Raptors has the talent but they just seem like a cursed team

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 04:59 AM
a collapsed lung and broken rib take a long time to recover from, he might be out for the whole year... theres no way youre making it over all those teams without wallace, sorry, you have "the stache" starting at small forward for crying out loud...

And that's why I said "if you had asked me 2 days ago."

codes238
01-29-2009, 05:02 AM
And that's why I said "if you had asked me 2 days ago."

oh crap sorry man i didnt see that part...

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 05:03 AM
oh crap sorry man i didnt see that part...

No worries.

ombada
01-29-2009, 07:35 AM
wow, so quick to dismiss the Pacers... We just beat the bucks moving another full game closer to that 8th spot, and we are on a 6 game home winning sreak, going into a 4 game homestand. We went through the "gauntlet" early in the year and up through feb 25th we have a lot of winable games....well see, i guess.

Mckphins
01-29-2009, 07:47 AM
I think the pacers have a legit shot, and i also dont get wh the raptors cant put it together with their talent they have

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 08:18 AM
the knicks for sure........not enough talent to make the 8 th seed

n8
lee
galinari
chandler
duhon
al harrington
Qrich...that right there have more talent than the pacers and raptors.

Tblaze
01-29-2009, 08:28 AM

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 08:32 AM
yeah they said the celtics was going to sweep atlanta last yr too right,last i looked it went 7 games down the stretch into the 4th quarter.

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
the knicks for sure........not enough talent to make the 8 th seed

n8
lee
galinari
chandler
duhon
al harrington
Qrich...that right there have more talent than the pacers and raptors.

Not even close ,better coach maybe Bosh,Calderon, Bargnani all better than any of them.Rap's a healthy now and had by far the toughest sch. up to this point 4 out of the next 5 are tough then it's smooth sailing.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Not even close ,better coach maybe Bosh,Calderon, Bargnani all better than any of them.Rap's a healthy now and had by far the toughest sch. up to this point 4 out of the next 5 are tough then it's smooth sailing.
i give you bosh for sure but my roster is way better than yours check the stats,percentage,ppg,record i could go on and on.

richardj
01-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Checking out the standings today...I think that only seeds 1-3 are locked in the East. After that, seeds 4-8 are up for grabs! The Hawks and Pistons arent exactly running away with seeds 4 and 5 and both are struggling esp the Hawks who are really sliding right now. Then you have that 8th spot where there are a clutter of teams (seeds 9 to 14 lol) with the 14th being 2.5 games out, that have a legit chance at making it. I really dont know who will end up 8th, really since this is the east and it appeas like the team that will make that spot will have a losing record (possibly 7th aswell). I think that Raptors can turn it around and get one of those last 7 or 8 seeds, believing that the've underachieved abit and their schecule is lighter down the stretch. I wouldn't count out the pacers, bobcats and knicks as they have been playing scrappy and well. I could see a 5 way tie at the end of the season for the 8th and possible 7th spots lol.

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2009, 09:39 AM
i give you bosh for sure but my roster is way better than yours check the stats,percentage,ppg,record i could go on and on.

O.K. now look at defencive stat's mind you this is an off year for the rap's the knick's have sucked for a long time .Offensive stats are point less look at some of the highest scoring teams Golden State, knicks,Pacers.Name one guy from the knicks you would take over Calderon or Bargnani.

sturge
01-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Although im being biast,

I honestly think the Knicks will make the playoffs this year. And we certainly do have the talent. Its going to be tight for 7 and 8 i think but im confident the Knicks will make it, isee the Bulls making a run too

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2009, 09:46 AM
By the way rap's shoot a better FG%,3FG% and FT%.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
O.K. now look at defencive stat's mind you this is an off year for the rap's the knick's have sucked for a long time .Offensive stats are point less look at some of the highest scoring teams Golden State, knicks,Pacers.Name one guy from the knicks you would take over Calderon or Bargnani.
david lee nate robinson wilson chandler danilo galinari al harrington duhon.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 10:00 AM
by the way our future is bright we headed in the right direction whether you people like it or not.you should of known ny wasn't going to be down forever.

HoopsMachine
01-29-2009, 10:11 AM
going to be a lot of scoreboard watching, but right now I would have to put Knicks and Nets as more likely candidates than the Raps and Pacers. All four teams in my opinion are on the same level and no one is playing better than the other. It will come down to probably the tiebreakers at the end to determine who gets the 8th spot. You can probably expect that when these teams meet later in the season it will be highly competitive particularly the Knicks and Raptors.

gregd111
01-29-2009, 10:11 AM

The entire 9 man rotation.

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2009, 10:24 AM

you might but no GM in the league would but thats probly why the knicks have suck for, well since I can remeber.Your think your future is bright but if LBJ does'nt sign then well another 5 to 10 years and even if he does ,what happens to every star who goes there, they underachieve.

HoopsMachine
01-29-2009, 10:25 AM
here's a link to get a good idea of the outlook for those teams in their remaining schedule. Raptors seem to have the easiest remaining schedule with only 14 games left against +.500 opposition and having 20 home games/14 away games on their schedule.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/matchups

HoopsMachine
01-29-2009, 10:33 AM
The entire 9 man rotation.

plz you can thank Mike D'Antoni and his system which makes those guys look good, before he came in none of those players were doing well. My only exception would be David Lee and that's it. If D'Antoni were coaching Calderon, Bargnani, and Bosh they all would have insane numbers right now.

sturge
01-29-2009, 10:47 AM
you might but no GM in the league would but thats probly why the knicks have suck for, well since I can remeber.Your think your future is bright but if LBJ does'nt sign then well another 5 to 10 years and even if he does ,what happens to every star who goes there, they underachieve.

Yeah no GM in the league wants David Lee at all :eyebrow:

I personally think both the Raptors and Knicks will make it, i also agree with a previous post that its open from 4th down, Hawks and Pistons are no way locks and the teams around 7th/8th are putting runs together at the right time

DieHardColtsfan
01-29-2009, 10:49 AM
:sigh: the Knicks?

Nocioni5
01-29-2009, 10:52 AM

lmao funniest post of the day!!!!

JordansBulls
01-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Hopefully the Bulls.:D

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah no GM in the league wants David Lee at all :eyebrow:

I personally think both the Raptors and Knicks will make it, i also agree with a previous post that its open from 4th down, Hawks and Pistons are no way locks and the teams around 7th/8th are putting runs together at the right time

I don't know how you thought I said no GM wants David Lee .More than Bargnani or Calderon no I don't think so.I love David Lee's game but not that much.

toronto_JazzFan
01-29-2009, 11:50 AM
knicks fans are haters! Raptors are way better then the knicks i dont care what u guys say raptors are way better just because u have this fluke season going on doesnt mean the knicks are better. calderon is way better then nate all nate has on him is hops and that crossover he did but at the end of the day we still won that game so i dont care. David will get it by bosh. AP rains 3s all day on u guys all u have is a bunch of talent that scores alot but still loses whats the point of that. Raps better any day any person will tell u raps are better.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 12:18 PM
knicks fans are haters! Raptors are way better then the knicks i dont care what u guys say raptors are way better just because u have this fluke season going on doesnt mean the knicks are better. calderon is way better then nate all nate has on him is hops and that crossover he did but at the end of the day we still won that game so i dont care. David will get it by bosh. AP rains 3s all day on u guys all u have is a bunch of talent that scores alot but still loses whats the point of that. Raps better any day any person will tell u raps are better.
you sound like a damn fool....but anyway everybody is in title to their own opinion if you take a poll im pretty sure people would take the knicks roster over the raptors roster any day....in after bosh leaves you guys can forget it you will be in the lottery for the next 10 yrs.

Missing56&33
01-29-2009, 12:22 PM
I have to go with the Knicks, right now Milwakee has the 8th seed but without Redd its going to be a long second half of the season. Knicks needed some luck and they just got it, the bucks hold the tie breaker but that wont matter. Knicks run away with this, might even get 7th seed

serratedmuffin
01-29-2009, 12:38 PM
you sound like a damn fool....but anyway everybody is in title to their own opinion if you take a poll im pretty sure people would take the knicks roster over the raptors roster any day....in after bosh leaves you guys can forget it you will be in the lottery for the next 10 yrs.

Seriously? Go post a poll. Neutral coach, Raps roster would get taken over knicks roster. It's okay to like your team but the blinders need to come off. You have a great coach which allows your players to overachieve.

The Ooh Child
01-29-2009, 12:40 PM

I would take Calderon over all of those players except Harrington and David Lee, but I would easily take all of those Knicks over Bargnani.

I definitely think the Knicks have a shot if they keep playing how they are playing right now. I thought the Nets and Raptors were going to compete for a spot, but I think the Knicks have more talent than either of those teams.

Kenny
01-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Ever since the Knicks finally got enough bodies to play a 9 man rotation theny been playign very well.. Trading there 2 top scorers early and having jeffries and gallinari hurt... they only used 6, 7 tops players a game and you just get worn down doing that..

The knicks bench been scoring 40-50 a game

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 12:48 PM
I think the Knicks have more talent than either of those teams.

I totally agree. The Knicks do have way more talent than any of those teams especially the Raptors.

But your also forgetting, they spend an extra 25 million (97 million of the knicks against the 72 million of the raptors) on players salaries. So really, for the amount they spend, they should have talent, and should be ranking among the highest in the East. :pity:

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 12:51 PM
we have the top 5 bench in the league that proves that our roster is leaps and bounds better than toronto's

Giaps
01-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I think it will come down to Knicks, Raptors and the Nets (if they don't trade Vince Carter) and it might come down to tie breakers.

And I see a lot of Raptor fans talking about finally being healthy, having an easy schedule and hating on the Knicks for their 'fluke season', but the Knicks should actually be better than they are now because they played with 7 players for 3 weeks.

Knicks have won 5 of 6 and 7 of 10 are the hottest team of the bottom of the east. After we play Indiana we have a hell week vs LA, CLE, BOS and if we win 1 of those games then I believe we will definitely make the playoffs.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Seriously? Go post a poll. Neutral coach, Raps roster would get taken over knicks roster. It's okay to like your team but the blinders need to come off. You have a great coach which allows your players to overachieve.

post a poll and i gurantee the people would take the knicks roster.

BluejaysFan08
01-29-2009, 12:54 PM
No way the knicks have enough depth and talent

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 12:55 PM
we have the top 5 bench in the league that proves that our roster is leaps and bounds better than toronto's

With 25 million more in cap you are gonna have a deeper bench. GEEZ

Giaps
01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I totally agree. The Knicks do have way more talent than any of those teams especially the Raptors.

But your also forgetting, they spend an extra 25 million (97 million of the knicks against the 72 million of the raptors) on players salaries. So really, for the amount they spend, they should have talent, and should be ranking among the highest in the East. :pity:

With 25 million more in cap you are gonna have a deeper bench. GEEZ
And what you are saying here has absolutely nothing to do with basketball. Salaries and pay roll? Who the hell cares other than the owner? That 97 million is misleading because about $55 million of that money does not even play.

Marbury- $21 mill
Curry- $10 mill
Mobley- $9 mill
Rose- $8 mill
James- $6 mill
Roberson- $1 mill
--------------------
$55 million in salaries and they never play so please do not talk about the Knicks' salary in a discussion about the 8th seed in the playoffs. It's totally irrelevant.

Giaps
01-29-2009, 01:05 PM
No way the knicks have enough depth and talent
What are you basing that on? Their bench has scored 50+ points in 5 of their last 7 games and the other 2 were around 45 points. They have one of the deeper benches in the league. Some of their starters are the problem with productivity (Jeffries, Richardson).

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 01:09 PM
And what you are saying here has absolutely nothing to do with basketball. Salaries and pay roll? Who the hell cares other than the owner? That 97 million is misleading because about $55 million of that money does not even play.

Marbury- $21 mill
Curry- $10 mill
Mobley- $9 mill
Rose- $8 mill
James- $6 mill
Roberson- $1 mill
--------------------
$55 million in salaries and they never play so please do not talk about the Knicks' salary in a discussion about the 8th seed in the playoffs. It's totally irrelevant.
James- $

Your fellow fan was talking about your team being deeper than the Raptors. To my knowledge, all those guys (with the exception of Mobley) are still on your roster. Whether you use them or not, they still are, so that contributes to your team being deep with them, and having 25 million in cap more than the Raptors.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/roster/

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm

So, if you did not understand my post, I did not say anything regarding the Knicks not making the 8th seed, or the Raptors making the 8th seed (cause to be honest, I'm a big fan of D'antoni and David Lee), I was just commenting on one of your fans post on how the Knicks are so much deeper. And i agreed they are, and they should be with 25 million more in cap space.

Sportscenterman
01-29-2009, 01:11 PM
The New Jersey Nets will be the 8th seed in the east. Devin Harris and Vince Carter are being complemented well by rookie Brook Lopez. If this strong 3 can remain at the top of their game they can be hard to beat. If only they played better at home. I do still believe they are the favorite and not just because im from new jersey

Giaps
01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Your fellow fan was talking about your team being deeper than the Raptors. To my knowledge, all those guys (with the exception of Mobley) are still on your roster. Whether you use them or not, they still are, so that contributes to your team being deep with them, and having a surplus of 25 million in cap more than the Raptors.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/roster/

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm

So, if you did not understand my post, I did not say anything regarding the Knicks not making the 8th seed, or the Raptors making the 8th seed (cause to be honest, I'm a big fan of D'antoni and David Lee), I was just commenting on one of your fans post on how the Knicks are so much deeper. And i agreed they are, and they should be with 25 million more in cap space.
Yes, and my post was explaining that $55 million does not ever play; meaning they have nothing to do with having a deep roster. The players who DO play and DO contribute to the bench are Robinson, Harrington, Gallinari & Thomas.

So yes, they do have a much higher pay roll, but no it has nothing to do with a deep bench because the majority of that payroll never even gets on the court.

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes, and my post was explaining that $55 million does not ever play; meaning they have nothing to do with having a deep roster. The players who DO play and DO contribute to the bench are Robinson, Harrington, Gallinari & Thomas.

So yes, they do have a much higher pay roll, but no it has nothing to do with a deep bench because the majority of that payroll never even gets on the court.

Ok. For the players that do play, your team is pretty well off. But the success of your team also goes to Dantoni. His system is benefiting your players.

Btw, the bench scoring tally for this season. New York isn't on the top, but they are above the Raptors.

http://www.82games.com/0809/STSORT11.HTM

And payroll has everything to do with basketball, regarding the players and the coaches. More money = better players. Just thought I would respond to that.

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2009, 01:37 PM
It's funny, the knick are so happy with mediocrity well all us raptor fans are so pissed at our record.I understand for you people from the usa no matter what Toronto's roster would be they would pick New York. Funny how weve owned your *** for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 01:42 PM
It's funny, the knick are so happy with mediocrity well all us raptor fans are so pissed at our record.I understand for you people from the usa no matter what Toronto's roster would be they would pick New York. Funny how weve owned your *** for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

There is no reason to be ignorant regarding that. The Raptors haven't played well during the stint that the Knicks were contenders in the East.

I was just surprised how much good Donnie Walsh did, after Isiah screwed up the team.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 01:52 PM

Marbury- $21 mill
Curry- $10 mill
Mobley- $9 mill
Rose- $8 mill
James- $6 mill
Roberson- $1 mill
--------------------
co signed

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 01:55 PM

we are going to see who gets the last laugh.

ty_smitty21
01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
The Pacers haven't been healthy all year, and they are almost there... They also have a very easy schedule all the way through February... Now is there chance to get hot and climb to the 8th spot. They've won several in a row at home, and have lots of home games coming up, against sub-par teams.

It will be a good race for that 8th spot. I can tell you one thing... if the Celtics get the 1 seed, they do NOT want to see the pacers grab the 8th spot. The matchups are tougher on the Celtics, and the Pacers have beat them once, and lost to them in OT the other time.

Milwaukee definitely won't make it with Redd out.

The Ooh Child
01-29-2009, 01:59 PM
What are you basing that on? Their bench has scored 50+ points in 5 of their last 7 games and the other 2 were around 45 points. They have one of the deeper benches in the league. Some of their starters are the problem with productivity (Jeffries, Richardson).

Yeah, out of the teams we are discussing, Knicks easily have the best depth.

The Analyst
01-29-2009, 02:02 PM
I think when healthy, the Raps have the best starting five (of the teams going for the 8th spot). Bosh and Calderon are two of the best at their positions in the NBA, O'Neil is a legit centre and in case you hadn't noticed, Bargnani has been averaging 20 points and 6+ rebounds per game this month. Parker is often outmatched at the 2, but then you can't have it all. The only thing in my opinion is whether they can climb out the 12-games under .500 hole they put themselves in.

Giaps
01-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Ok. For the players that do play, your team is pretty well off. But the success of your team also goes to Dantoni. His system is benefiting your players.

Btw, the bench scoring tally for this season. New York isn't on the top, but they are above the Raptors.

And payroll has everything to do with basketball, regarding the players and the coaches. More money = better players. Just thought I would respond to that.
Yes D'Antoni has a lot to do with our success... no question and no doubt about it. My only issue is that people can no longer point out the Knicks' high spending and lack of success because this is the first year it's not true. I know the Knicks would be higher on that list if they didn't have to play with 7 guys for the 3 weeks I mentioned. 50+ points in 5 of heir last 7 and 45+ in the other 2.

I'm not gonna lower myself and take a jab at the Raptors because I know you are in the minority of jealous ignorant haters. :)

There is no reason to be ignorant regarding that. The Raptors haven't played well during the stint that the Knicks were contenders in the East.

I was just surprised how much good Donnie Walsh did, after Isiah screwed up the team.
Like you said, teams will switch off from being bad and good at different times because it's a cycle. The Knicks have been one of the worst teams in the NBA and the joke of the sports world during Isiah's stay but Walsh and D'Antoni have done a great job at turning things around and gaining us some respect around the league. We were bad and now we're mediocre, but the point is we're getting better and the next step is to be a good team.

If the Knicks do make the playoffs D'Antoni should get serious consideration for coach of the year. The Knicks have a shot to tie last season's win total (23) by the all-star break.

RapToronto95
01-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I think when healthy, the Raps have the best starting five (of the teams going for the 8th spot). Bosh and Calderon are two of the best at their positions in the NBA, O'Neil is a legit centre and in case you hadn't noticed, Bargnani has been averaging 20 points and 6+ rebounds per game this month. Parker is often outmatched at the 2, but then you can't have it all. The only thing in my opinion is whether they can climb out the 12-games under .500 hole they put themselves in.

With calderon and oneal 'finally' healthy, i think we can :cool:

ty_smitty21
01-29-2009, 02:11 PM
sorry guys, but O'Neal may never be fully healthy ever again... I've been saying "If JO is healthy" for the past 4 years as a Pacers fan, and it just doesn't happen for long.

And speaking of health, once again, my Pacers are 8-7 in the last 15 games as they start to actually get healthy.. they started the year something like 10-21 with all kinds of injuries. If the play 8-7 ball the rest of the year, they will be going to the playoffs.

NYYCowboys
01-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Raptors suck the knicks are gonna beat them out for the 8 seed then take chris bosh in 2010 hahahaha.

abs321
01-29-2009, 02:14 PM
nets

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 02:16 PM

Some stats just for fun:

Starters PPG Bench PPG PPG OPP PPG FG % OPP FG%

Raptors 72.1 points 25.6 97.9 99.8 46.3 45.7

Knicks 71.8 points 31.6 103.7 105.9 43.9 47.5

Wouldn't call your bench better by leaps and bounds, but it is still it scores more than ours.

Top 5 Benches:

Dallas - 37.3
Portland - 34.9
Chicago - 34.2
Milwaukee - 33.7
Minnisota - 33.6

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Some stats just for fun:

Starters PPG Bench PPG PPG OPP PPG FG % OPP FG%

Raptors 72.1 points 25.6 97.9 99.8 46.3 45.7

Knicks 71.8 points 31.6 103.7 105.9 43.9 47.5

Wouldn't call your bench better by leaps and bounds, but it is still it scores more than ours.

Top 5 Benches:

Dallas - 37.3
Portland - 34.9
Chicago - 34.2
Milwaukee - 33.7
Minnisota - 33.6
good post dog.

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 02:28 PM
good post dog.

Thanks. I'm just annoyed that there are so many homers here.

Raptors suck the knicks are gonna beat them out for the 8 seed then take chris bosh in 2010 hahahaha.

That's an example. No merit or substance to that post. Just sad.

But anyways, both the Raptors and the Knicks, along with the Pacers, Nets, and Milwaukee have a good shot of getting that 8th seed. If any team were deep and had a great team, they wouldn't be in this discussion.

what54!?
01-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I think the knicks sneak into the 8th spot.

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2009, 02:50 PM
good post dog.

Really who cares about your bench Golden State has a pretty good bench to.I care more about the starters.You think cause you score more ,your better,there's a little thing called Defence to.Anyway we will see 2 back to backs for TO and NY lets just hope it's been like it has for the last couple of seasons.

Missing56&33
01-29-2009, 02:53 PM

not only should you be pissed you should be scared to death, you have two all stars in Bosh and JO that has no chemistry what so ever and nearing the end of their contracts. Both guys played at C last year but they have thrived at PF, Bosh at C last year....basically they cant coexist. Big problem and your record validates that. Looks like Jerry ****e*you guys up. Can u say---------------REBUILDING

Missing56&33
01-29-2009, 02:57 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^sorry Bryan ****e* you guys up but same thing apple dont fall to far from the tree. lol

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 03:08 PM
not only should you be pissed you should be scared to death, you have two all stars in Bosh and JO that has no chemistry what so ever and nearing the end of their contracts. Both guys played at C last year but they have thrived at PF, Bosh at C last year....basically they cant coexist. Big problem and your record validates that. Looks like Jerry ****e*you guys up. Can u say---------------REBUILDING

You fixed up Jerry to Bryan that's good. But Bosh never played the C since his rookie year. And I believe JO hasn't played the C for a while until coming to Toronto. And JO is long past his all-star days, so you should get that right too. And chemistry, is kinda hard to build on, since JO and Calderon have been injured for somewhat the majority of this season to date.

So can you say, check your facts before posting negative comments about another team you clearly don't know anything about?

:)

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 03:09 PM
if they dont resigned bosh that would set them back into rebuilding mode but it other free agents that can fill his void

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 03:10 PM
if they dont resigned bosh that would set them back into rebuilding mode but it other free agents that can fill his void

Yup. That summer has a lot of free agents, it's funny that only Bosh, Lebron, and Wade are the only ones being talked about.

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2009, 03:25 PM
HUH Bosh has'nt been center for a while .And BC is the man they trade an often injured PG for an often injured big.you should be a little more informed before you shoot off.And believe me were not the only team who could change after 2010 the league could look alot diffrent.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Yup. That summer has a lot of free agents, it's funny that only Bosh, Lebron, and Wade are the only ones being talked about.

3 franchIse players that might not be going anywhere lol.

IversonIsKrazy
01-29-2009, 03:48 PM
raps if they cana trade JO for a good wing player, plus brand is coming back and i dont think philly is going to hold the 7th spot. I think it's going to be between Nets, Bulls, Sixers, or Raptors that'll take the 7th and 8th seed. If raps cant pull off a trade, then there not making it.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 03:53 PM
raps if they cana trade JO for a good wing player, plus brand is coming back and i dont think philly is going to hold the 7th spot. I think it's going to be between Nets, Bulls, Sixers, or Raptors that'll take the 7th and 8th seed. If raps cant pull off a trade, then there not making it.
i like when people under estimate my squad that's when you get rocked to sleep and by the way the 76ers is a lock to make the playoffs.

Fire&Ice2&33
01-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Knicks or Nets...or probably even the Raptors...Whoever its gonna be the Celtics bringing out the brooms on them

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Knicks or Nets...or probably even the Raptors...Whoever its gonna be the Celtics bringing out the brooms on themhow you know the celtics is going to be a 1 seed?

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 07:39 PM

I felt bad for them. Sixers were an excellent team last year, during the second half, and getting Brand just made them change their whole style that made them successful. Once EB got injured this season, they went back to that style, and it's been benefiting them perfectly.

boms-4
01-29-2009, 07:46 PM
i would like to say the Raps

HOZ THE KNICK
01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
lets go knicks!