PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace- Broken Rib and Collapsed Lung

homestarunner93
01-28-2009, 07:54 PM
LOS ANGELES - Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace suffered a collapsed left lung and a broken rib in a collision with Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum in the Bobcats' 117-110 double-overtime victory Wednesday night.

According to the team, Wallace lost 30-40 percent of the capacity in his left lung. He also suffered a non-displaced fracture of the fifth rib on his left side.

Doctors at Centinela Hospital inserted a tube in Wallace's lung to help restore functional capacity. Wallace will spend at least Wednesday night in the hospital. Doctors do not anticipate releasing him before late Thursday. At that time, the Bobcats will be better prepared to decide whether Wallace would join the team on its current West Coast trip or return directly to Charlotte.

Bynum was called for a Flagrant 1 foul on the play in which Wallace was driving the lane in the fourth quarter. Bynum threw a hip-check and struck Wallace's rib cage with his right elbow.

The Bobcats will play the Bobcats tonight in Portland. It was unclear who coach Larry Brown would start in Wallace's place.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...roken-rib.html

Here's the play for those who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcjL7AVxMA

:cry:

Get well soon, G-Force.

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 01:09 AM
****ing Lakers...

jimbobjarree
01-29-2009, 03:09 PM
yet another reason to hate the Lakers

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 03:13 PM
yet another reason to hate the Lakers

I had enough already.

Vidball
01-29-2009, 03:35 PM
lol...you guys are great. I hate the Bobcats as well--we can't beat you guys!!! Good thing we won't meet in the playoffs :D

I hope Crash gets better ASAP!

lowdown32
01-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Looks like crash got smashed , let it be a lesson to to the rest of the league stay out of Bynums paint.

DerekRE_3
01-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Looks like crash got smashed , let it be a lesson to to the rest of the league stay out of Bynums paint.

Let that be a lesson to Bynum to not elbow a guy in the ribs and just let the guy go by for a dunk. People that think this is going to stop Wallace from going to the rim are kidding themselves. 4 concussions, a seperated shoulder, and a broken wrist hasn't stopped him.

It's pretty funny how Laker fans think their team is all tough because of Bynum sending Wallace to the hospital.

JakeDelbreezy
01-30-2009, 08:36 AM

Trolly troll troll troll troller....go away, we don't feed the trolls here.

homestarunner93
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM

Bynum is a *****...Wallace was completely exposed, even Derek could've stuck his elbow right into G-Force's chest and broken something.

masalex1205
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM

OOOOOO, Bynum is such a tough guy, taking out an exposed guy by throwing an elbow from the side (didn't even challenge him) who is 65 pounds less and 4 inches

Andrew Bynum is the official new Chuck Norris

DerekRE_3
01-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Bynum is a *****...Wallace was completely exposed, even Derek could've stuck his elbow right into G-Force's chest and broken something.

But I would NEVER EVER do that. :D

But yeah great textbook defense by Bynum. Do I think Bynum tried to to hurt him? No.
Was Bynum ******** to do that? Absolutely.

Living Legend
01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
I wish Gerald a quick recovery.

dskjfd
02-01-2009, 01:52 AM

Karma's a nasty mistress

JJ81
02-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Bynum obviously didn't mean to hurt him, all of the Bobcats players knew that (some of them stating it after the game). Bynum even tried to visit Wallace after the game and appologised to the coach. Why can't Bobcats fans see it the same way that everyone else did.

You really think Bynum saw him coming down the lane and thought "I know, I'm gonna break his ribs".

IndiansFan337
02-01-2009, 06:11 PM
This is hurting my fantasy team....I imagine he's going to be out for over a month....Which leaves me with the dilemma of whether or not I should release him for a healthy player.

boms-4
02-01-2009, 06:24 PM
^^yeah but anyone can clearly see Bynum throw the hipo check motion in that, which was uncalled for but what can you do now right

JakeDelbreezy
02-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Bynum obviously didn't mean to hurt him, all of the Bobcats players knew that (some of them stating it after the game). Bynum even tried to visit Wallace after the game and appologised to the coach. Why can't Bobcats fans see it the same way that everyone else did.

You really think Bynum saw him coming down the lane and thought "I know, I'm gonna break his ribs".

I think most people on this forum where more or so reacting to post #6....see that post from one of your fellow Laker fans and obviously you'll see that not all fans seen it the same way...I don't think Bynum intended to injure Wallace as severly as he did, but I also don't think he thought was making a great play either...and if he were willing to apologize then obviously he thought there was something to apologize for....

lowdown32
02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Karma's a nasty mistress

true. i guess so was Jordan's

lowdown32
02-03-2009, 03:47 PM
^^yeah but anyone can clearly see Bynum throw the hipo check motion in that, which was uncalled for but what can you do now right

Propagandi rules!!!

lowdown32
02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Let that be a lesson to Bynum to not elbow a guy in the ribs and just let the guy go by for a dunk. People that think this is going to stop Wallace from going to the rim are kidding themselves. 4 concussions, a seperated shoulder, and a broken wrist hasn't stopped him.
It's pretty funny how Laker fans think their team is all tough because of Bynum sending Wallace to the hospital.

No one said anything about being tough

king4day
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
No one said anything about being tough we are a finess team, all was have been dont put words in my mouth just cause your a Laker hater.Ill stay out of this forum you got anything to say to me go to lakers forum and try and spread your lies, but what can say typical Nor Cal kid how else sould you feel after the Lakers beat the sac queens in 02 they preety much broke that teams will over and over again.CAN YOU DIG IT!!!

Had to go back 7 years to find a comeback :pity:

JakeDelbreezy
02-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Ill stay out of this forum you got anything to say to me go to lakers forum and try and spread your lies,

So does this mean you're not coming back to the Bobcats Forum? Ahh man, that stings :(. I guess it's true what they say, every season comes to an end. I guess we will all just have to pull through without you here in the Bobcats Forum. What a drag. It was nice knowing you. We're going to miss your run-on sentences, lack of punctuation, mispelled words, bad jokes and all round ridiculous opinions.

VCaintdead17
02-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Karma's a nasty mistress

You called it. Bynum is out 8-12 weeks lol

lowdown32
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
wow now i'll stick around until i spell my words right and fix my opions or i'll just go to the beach.good luck trying to get to 35 wins this year we all be pulling for ya.

send all spelling errors to www.EASTCOASTKIDSLOVETOTAKEITUPTHE.com

lowdown32
02-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Had to go back 7 years to find a comeback :pity:

yep

JakeDelbreezy
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
wow now i'll stick around until i spell my words right and fix my opions or i'll just go to the beach.good luck trying to get to 35 wins this year we all be pulling for ya.

send all spelling errors to www.EASTCOASTKIDSLOVETOTAKEITUPTHE.com

Well that's the spirit. Glad to hear you're sticking around. There for a moment I was pretty upset because your opinion is invaluable. I guess you really told me what's what huh? Boy is my face red. I'll probably never be able to post on this forum again. Oh wait, I'm posting now. Say, how come you edited that one post from earlier? Post #20 to be exact. Did you know the guy that posted right after you has your original post copied in his post? Maybe you should PM him and ask if he'll erase it. That way nobody will see what deep and intellectual comments you wrote.

lowdown32
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
i erased it becuase the first part made no sense to me and i wrote it.,my high *** didnt read what i wrote and all i really wanted to say was laker fans do not think our team is tough. Derek 3 really hates the Lakers so i like to say dumbass crap to see what he rights but i do not thimk Bynum threw an elbow or any of that nonsense.I'm just some pompous fan who loves a good debate.

DerekRE_3
02-03-2009, 08:30 PM
No one said anything about being tough

I saw you edited out that little nor cal thing and Sacramento Queens reference....which by the way...its pretty old. I mean come on, you are going to use a that still when there are so many other insults you could come up with for the Kings? That's just lazy.

DerekRE_3
02-03-2009, 08:30 PM
i erased it becuase the first part made no sense to me and i wrote it.,my high *** didnt read what i wrote and all i really wanted to say was laker fans do not think our team is tough. Derek 3 really hates the Lakers so i like to say dumbass crap to see what he rights but i do not thimk Bynum threw an elbow or any of that nonsense.I'm just some pompous fan who loves a good debate.

Um...what?

Spurred1
02-03-2009, 09:11 PM
^Looks like a good debate to me. :eyebrow:

Spurred1
02-03-2009, 09:12 PM
By the way, Derek-what is the deal with the sexual harassment panda?

king4day
02-03-2009, 09:19 PM

LOL I was lookin at that too. South Park is so brilliant.

Does anyone know when Wallace is expected back?

DerekRE_3
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM

Yeah it's from South Park. I saw a re-run of it after not having watched it in a long time and I just had to because it went with my dancing pandas.

Speaking of...join the dancing panda revolution.

darrklover
02-04-2009, 04:07 AM
i think should be suspended i dnt like the fact eh basically got away wit that Gerald was hurt pretty bad

kEviN21
02-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Any idea when he will return? I need him on my fantasy but if its long its not worth keeping.

king4day
02-04-2009, 05:58 PM
The Charlotte Bobcats don't expect top scorer Gerald Wallace to return until sometime after this month's All-Star break as he recovers from a partially collapsed lung and broken rib.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3884460

That's good news

DerekRE_3
02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
That's earlier than I expected. Can't wait to see him back.