PDA

View Full Version : Save our Franchise

Phantomrider
01-28-2009, 03:33 PM
What can the Bucks do short and long term to keep the franchise in Milwaukee? A few years ago I was back home and heard rumblings about one of the Native American tribes that were willing to build a new arena. I know something has to be done to make our Milwaukee Bucks a viable franchise once again. Any thoughts???

brisk002
01-28-2009, 08:49 PM
We are wasting money on this stimulus bill on crap like std prevention and lots of liberal programs... Why not build new bucks stadium with that bill. That would actually create jobs and help stimulate the economy rather then stupid goverment programs!

cameroncrazies2
01-29-2009, 03:25 AM
The arena is a HUGE problem for the Bucks right now. I believe the lease is up in 2010 or 2011 or something like that. Stern is quietly disappointed in the franchise and I think if he had to move one franchise it'd be Milwaukee or Memphis, but because not too long ago Memphis was moved from Vancouver I doubt he'd want to move them again. If the Bucks want to stay in Milwaukee, they NEED a new arena but it's not going to happen. Milwaukee citizens would have to take on a stadium tax which will never happen because a) not many people care about the Bucks as they should and b) the ill feelings towards Miller Park still linger. That tax was such a huge issue even after the Brewers made the playoffs last season.

Interest needs to be gained in this team quickly and a playoff run would certainly help that unfortunately I don't see it happening this year now with Redd out. And with how much money Kohl has spent on the team, I doubt he wants to keep this team much longer. A report just came out he's spent 500 million on player salaries since 94' and with how poorly the economy is and Kohl's age I wouldn't be surprised to see him sell the team soon to save face. It was a good sign a few years back that he vehemently was against selling the team to a buyer with rumors that MJ was going to move the team as soon as he bought it. All signs point to that he would do the same again with a new GM and coach for a bright future especially with the prospects the Bucks have right now and how the team has improved but you never know.

Bucks_Packers
01-30-2009, 02:25 PM
The bucks have a been a great investment for Kohl. He bought them for 19 million dollars, and now they are worth 15x that amount. He has had a great business mind and i think we can find a way to keep them. Fan support is less open than for other teams. I see hundreds of packers/brewers hats and shirts but ZERO bucks gear. ever.

We need playoffs this year badly

favre_4life
01-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Yah baby playoffs!

Bucks_Packers
01-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Attending more games would help