PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace - Broken Rib + Collapsed Lung

Pages : [1] 2

Highlight
01-28-2009, 02:46 PM
LOS ANGELES - Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace suffered a collapsed left lung and a broken rib in a collision with Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum in the Bobcats' 117-110 double-overtime victory Wednesday night.

According to the team, Wallace lost 30-40 percent of the capacity in his left lung. He also suffered a non-displaced fracture of the fifth rib on his left side.

Doctors at Centinela Hospital inserted a tube in Wallace's lung to help restore functional capacity. Wallace will spend at least Wednesday night in the hospital. Doctors do not anticipate releasing him before late Thursday. At that time, the Bobcats will be better prepared to decide whether Wallace would join the team on its current West Coast trip or return directly to Charlotte.

Bynum was called for a Flagrant 1 foul on the play in which Wallace was driving the lane in the fourth quarter. Bynum threw a hip-check and struck Wallace's rib cage with his right elbow.

The Bobcats will play the Bobcats tonight in Portland. It was unclear who coach Larry Brown would start in Wallace's place.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/01/wallace-has-collapsed-lung-broken-rib.html

Here's the play for those who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcjL7AVxMA

Andrew Bynum's elbow hit Wallace in the ribs as he was driving through the lane.

There's no timetable for his return, but I'm sure the Bobcats will take extra precaution with G-Force. Especially with his injury history.

It's a very tough loss for the Bobcats. G-Force has been on a tear lately...

still1ballin
01-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Bad news for him. Hopes he recovers quick and gets back on the court. It was clearly unintentional. Bynum isn't even known as a dirty player.

what54!?
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
damn I didn't know Bynum's hit was that hard. Hope he heals quick

Big Game Son
01-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Bynum will be suspended.

I dont think it was intentional but I hope the league hits him hard. The NBA is about consistency and Al Horford got suspended for his hit on Tj. That also was TOTALLY unintentional. Horford did not even attempt to foul on that one. Here tho Bymnum meant to foul hard and absolutely munched the guy. This should be a miminum of two games. I have not lost and respect for Bynum nor do I question his motives, but he has to get hit with a biggy here. This was an aweful defensive lapse and he rly put the offensive player in a scary situation and ultimately hurt him bad. However just to show where I stand here.....Bynum certainly is no James Posey and doesnt deserve that rap.

I hope Gerald heals up and comes back ok and soon. The worse the injury though the more games Bynum should get.

FortyDubs
01-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Clearly unintentional? It's pretty obvious he wasn't trying to block the ball. I don't think he was trying to send him to the hospital but damn..

Big Game Son
01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Clearly unintentional? It's pretty obvious he wasn't trying to block the ball. I don't think he was trying to send him to the hospital but damn..

My point exactly. Unintentionally flagrant. He meant to stop the bucket. Totally screwed that up and clobered the guy. Didnt mean to hurt....terrible defensive attempt tho. Like I said he undercut the guy that a VERY dangerous play.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
He was not making a play at the ball, while I doubt he intended to hurt Wallace, he better get fined ans suspended for that. He threw his elbow into him.

Padres Son
01-28-2009, 02:57 PM
That really sucks for the Bobcats... they've been on a tear lately.

I'm sure Bynum didn't mean to injure him, but to throw an elbow to the guy's ribs while he's going up is pretty cheap. Bynum didn't even leave his feet.

Wilson
01-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Damn, hope Wallace heals quickly.

still1ballin
01-28-2009, 02:59 PM

Bynum was not able to contest the shot or block it, so he fouled him hard so Wallace can earn his points at the free throw line instead of giving up an easy bucket. Bynum in no means wanted to hurt the guy.

Iodine
01-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Hopefully crash can get back on the court soon.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Bynum was not able to contest the shot or block it, so he fouled him hard so Wallace can earn his points at the free throw line instead of giving up an easy bucket. Bynum in no means wanted to hurt the guy.

you just seconded his point. Nobody thinks Bynum was trying to hurt him, but the fact is, he needs to be punished for it.

still1ballin
01-28-2009, 03:06 PM
you just seconded his point. Nobody thinks Bynum was trying to hurt him, but the fact is, he needs to be punished for it.

I don't think he should be suspended. A fine? Yes. If Bynum intentionally fouled Wallace hard then yes he should be suspended but it wasn't intentional and it's not like he has a history of hurting guys. How many times does KG foul guys hard "intentionally" and nothing happens?

cali72888
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
yea Bynum should be suspended a few games, you cant have a 7' tall guy hip checking and throwing elbows into someone who is 6'8'' that you outweigh by 80 lbs

NYMetros
01-28-2009, 03:08 PM
LOL. If Kevin Garnett did this then everyone would be saying how dirty he is. But Bynum did it, therefore it's okay.

DrDEADalready
01-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I can't see the video. cause i'm at work. but knowing the lakers when they are getting a beating I'm sure it was intentional. :speechless:

what54!?
01-28-2009, 03:10 PM
LOL. If Kevin Garnett did this then everyone would be saying how dirty he is. But Bynum did it, therefore it's okay.:laugh: true.

still1ballin
01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
LOL. If Kevin Garnett did this then everyone would be saying how dirty he is. But Bynum did it, therefore it's okay.

KG has a history, Bynum doesn't

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
It happens. The game was tied and Bynum didn't want to give the easy 2 points. Morrisons flagrent on Gasol was worse. He might get suspended 1 game, but we can beat the Wolves without Bynum. This will have players thinking twice before they drive to the hoop with Bynum waiting.

Padres Son
01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't think he should be suspended. A fine? Yes. If Bynum intentionally fouled Wallace hard then yes he should be suspended but it wasn't intentional and it's not like he has a history of hurting guys. How many times does KG foul guys hard "intentionally" and nothing happens?Hard fouls and intentional fouls are part of the game. You see guys swatting arms, coming down on shoulders, plowing into other guys, grabbing jerseys, bear-hugging, and crashing into other players all the time. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's called by the ref.

But it's not ok to throw an elbow into a guy's ribcage as he's going up towards the hoop and fully exposed. I don't think Bynum intended to hurt him, but a one-game suspension would be in order to send the message that that type of foul will not be tolerated.

philab
01-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Bad news for him. Hopes he recovers quick and gets back on the court. It was clearly unintentional. Bynum isn't even known as a dirty player.

It wasn't a dirty play, but it was weak as hell.

If you're going to foul a guy, jump up and make a hard play on the ball. Don't just turn and toss your elbows at the guy.

A one-game suspension and appropriate seems about right to me. He clearly didn't do it intentionally, but this is still conduct that the league should deter.

NYMetros
01-28-2009, 03:21 PM
KG has a history, Bynum doesn't

YET. :p

And KG had had a history since when...? Since he clapped in front of Jose Calderon's face earlier in the year?
Oh my god! What a dirty play! :rolleyes:

I'm just saying... it's pretty lame for the same people who got mad at Garnett earlier this year to give Bynum a free pass for doing this to another player's lung.

IRUAM #21
01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Derek must be crying right now :cry:

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 03:31 PM

And KG had had a history since when...? Since he clapped in front of Jose Calderon's face earlier in the year? Oh my god! What a dirty play! :rolleyes:

I'm just saying... it's pretty lame for the same people who got mad at Garnett earlier this year to give Bynum a free pass for doing this to another player's lung.

So you don't know much about KG, you could have just said you don't know KG's history but instead you made an invalid statement. Here are some of KG's cheep/dirty plays.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-Kevin-Garnett-Cheap-Play-Over-The-Years-Blog-17085

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 03:34 PM
It happens. The game was tied and Bynum didn't want to give the easy 2 points. Morrisons flagrent on Gasol was worse. He might get suspended 1 game, but we can beat the Wolves without Bynum. This will have players thinking twice before they drive to the hoop with Bynum waiting.

You've got to be kidding me...Really? Gasol didn't even fall down. Wallace was knocked out of the game and got a COLLAPSED LUNG.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 03:35 PM
You've got to be kidding me...Really? Gasol didn't even fall down. Wallace was knocked out of the game and got a COLLAPSED LUNG.

Yeah he did, he dunked on Morrison and fell. Wallace always get's knocked out of games, it's nothing new. He is injury prone.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah he did, he dunked on Morrison and fell. Wallace always get's knocked out of games, it's nothing new. He is injury prone.

Yeah him being injury prone is the ONLY reason why he broke his rib and had his lung collapsed....Bynum's elbow had NOTHING to do with it.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah him being injury prone is the ONLY reason why he broke his rib and had his lung collapsed....Bynum's elbow had NOTHING to do with it.

Well maybe next time he see's Bynum waiting down on the block, G Wall will pull up for a jump shot.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Well maybe next time he see's Bynum waiting down on the block, G Wall will pull up for a jump shot.

I doubt it, 4 concussions haven't stopped him.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 03:43 PM
I doubt it, 4 concussions haven't stopped him.

And 1 more probabbly would end his career.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-28-2009, 03:45 PM

your right Bynum isnt known as dirty player but, He didn't make a play for the ball... I'm sure his intentions werent to break Gerald's ribs, but still a dirty play. IMO.

DoubleDragon
01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
I guess we should suspend Morrisson because he nearly took Pau's head off (not playing the ball) Oh sure , Pau got knocked on his *** driving the lane(!) Pau's O.K. but what if he landed on his neck or back and was injured? Didn't Ariza get a concussion as well? Suspend everyone! Let's change the new NBA uniforms into figure skating outfits with pads. There is absolutely NO past record of AB being malicious in any way. Punish the habitual, nasty players, YES.

Look, G-Wall is hurt and that REALLY sucks. Bynum should get a big fine, Yes. If he continues that type of off the ball play in the future (ala KG) then YES, suspend his ***. He's a 7+footer who turned with his elbow and you can tell he wasn't being malicious. I feel AWFUL for Wallace and the Bobcats because he seems like a straight-up good player/person but Bynum CLEARLY has no pattern of intentionally hurting players and is like a big kid who doesn't yet know his strength. BIG FINE, ABSOLUTELY, Suspension? No.

Big Quett
01-28-2009, 03:47 PM

Who cares if he is not known to be a dirty player or not? It was a dirty play. He elbowed him while he was in the air. He didnt even jump. Hell he didnt even put his hands up. He made no attempt at the ball. He turned his back and threw an elbow.

Big Game Son
01-28-2009, 03:50 PM

And KG had had a history since when...? Since he clapped in front of Jose Calderon's face earlier in the year?

He didnt just clap in Calderons face. He got on his knees and barked at Bayless. Told media Bosh is in a crappy situation. Unecessary and immature moves.

Knowledge
01-28-2009, 03:51 PM
one game suspension and fine.

Hard fouls are ok, elbows to the ribs are not.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm all for hard fouls...but once I guy goes up in the air...you just can't "hip check" a guy in the ribs. Once Wallace got up...Bynum has to let him go, because once that happens and you hit a guy in the body, he can't control his body anymore. Plus..elbowing a guy that's going full speed to the rim, when you are a 7 foot 280 pound Center, is gonna hurt a guy. He didn't make a play on the ball, sent him in the hospital, it's a dirty foul. I hope he gets fined and suspended.

J-Relo
01-28-2009, 04:01 PM
1. Is Bynum a dirty player? Not really, future will show us (plus he don't look like he would).
2. Is this move intentional? YES, no doubt... that can't come from just a mistake...
3. Did he wanted to injure Wallace? Don't think so, maybe he just wanted to make him go to the line and made it a bit harder than suposed to make...

4. Should he be spended? Probably yes, it would be nice lesson.
5. Or just charge him? Possible only that, but i think suspension should come...

Young2Kinsler
01-28-2009, 04:03 PM
This is the 2nd hard foul he has committed in the last week, clearly he should be suspended. You have to go after the ball, or it's flagrant, no if and's or buts. He gave lebron a forearm shiver to the neck and chin, now this. Simple fact is, he isn't helping his reputation lately.

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Bynum needs to go after someone his own size, not going after smaller players.:pity:What a punk, I use to like Bynum, but now he has turned into a punk.

:rolleyes:Sounds familiar.

jimbobjarree
01-28-2009, 04:06 PM
ouch that musta been ****ing agony for wallace, he woulda severly struggled to breath until they got a tube in him.

I'm gunna do the usual laker fan thing regardless though where they come in to a thread without reading the thread or knowing much about the topic and form a view anyways thinking they are better than everyone else and that they're always right.

Bynum what a ****ing dirty player

HOZ THE KNICK
01-28-2009, 04:08 PM
damn bynum so dirty and will get suspended

ElSerenoBlu
01-28-2009, 04:13 PM
ouch that musta been ****ing agony for wallace, he woulda severly struggled to breath until they got a tube in him.

I'm gunna do the usual laker fan thing regardless though where they come in to a thread without reading the thread or knowing much about the topic and form a view anyways thinking they are better than everyone else and that they're always right.

Bynum what a ****ing dirty player

:rolleyes:

Maddog-99
01-28-2009, 04:16 PM
You have to suspend Bynum & Im a huge Laker fan. You have the have automatic rules & penalties, regardless of intent.

As for the Garnett comment: thats like saying if Artest did it, we would view it differently. And we would. Because there is prior history with Garnett, and not (yet) with Bynum. If AB continues to do these kinds of things, that will change, but I suspect he will not. (yes, Garnett is not comparable even closely for Artest, but Im over making my point).

GoatMilk
01-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Bynum's definitely getting suspended which is fine and what should be done.

but it was all bad luck. he went to foul him and send him to the line. look at the time and score. any player would have done the same. really unfortunate for Wallace. but there was no malicious intent

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 04:18 PM

but it was all bad luck. he went to foul him and send him to the line. look at the time and score. any player would have done the same. really unfortunate for Wallace. but there was no malicious intent

Not Brad Miller, he'd be too lazy to.

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:18 PM

The point was he didn't even go for the ball. He just went for the body that = Dirty play.

JordansBulls
01-28-2009, 04:19 PM
That sucks for him.

nashty13
01-28-2009, 04:22 PM
coming from a suns fan, who hates the lakers, it didn't look like bynum did that with any malicious intent. Wallace opened up right before bynum got there. It was just very unfortunate since bobcats have been playing so well lately

GoatMilk
01-28-2009, 04:25 PM
The point was he didn't even go for the ball. He just went for the body that = Dirty play.

it wasnt a dirty play, just a hard foul
the flagrant was warranted and so is a suspension.
he's not a dirty player though. just bad luck

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:27 PM
it wasnt a dirty play, just a hard foul
the flagrant was warranted and so is a suspension.
he's not a dirty player though. just bad luck

I guess that is a matter of opinion...

keithm320
01-28-2009, 04:29 PM
R U Kidding me Bynum is a professional Athlete he knew exactly what he was doing...Obviously he wasn't trying to collapse his lung, but plays like that are stupid.... Anyone who plays basketball has got to hate to see a play like this, absolutely moronic, suspend him for 4-6 games

DrDEADalready
01-28-2009, 04:29 PM
DIRTY. Oh...Thats pisses me off.

DrDEADalready
01-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Bynum= Dirty mother ****er.

Butter$
01-28-2009, 04:31 PM
This is great news for my fantasy basketball league hehe.

bad news for wallace, feel better kid.

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Funny thing is this is 10000 times worse than what KG does to make him a "punk". KG never sent guys to the hospital.

DoubleDragon
01-28-2009, 04:33 PM

Yeah, I think you made your point by now.:surrender:

Maddog-99
01-28-2009, 04:34 PM
The subtext here is that all of LA (media, radio, forums, fans) have been on Bynum to get off his lazy butt & start playing like he cares.

Hes responded to that w/ passionate play the last couple weeks.

Prayers to Wallace, suspension for Bynum... but I hope he smartens (is that a word?) up his play without going back to his old self (aloof)

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Funny thing is this is 10000 times worse than what KG does to make him a "punk". KG never sent guys to the hospital.

Because KG is weak.

GCOOKIE7
01-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Ya Bynum made a dirty *** play. I saw it when it hapened and was like WTF is that?

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Because KG is weak.

That is something someone would say after they are proven wrong and know what I said was right.

KG clapping in another persons face is not as bad as Bynum taking out players, and you know it.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 04:37 PM
The subtext here is that all of LA (media, radio, forums, fans) have been on Bynum to get off his lazy butt & start playing like he cares.

Hes responded to that w/ passionate play the last couple weeks.

Prayers to Wallace, suspension for Bynum... but I hope he smartens (is that a word?) up his play without going back to his old self (aloof)

That was a smart play. If wallace makes the dunk or layup the game would have been over, but instead they missed both free throws and missed 2 more and we were back in it and sent it to OT, people get hurt, Wallace more than others.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 04:39 PM
That is something someone would say after they are proven wrong and know what I said was right.

KG clapping in another persons face is not as bad as Bynum taking out players, and you know it.

Too bad you were not right. Take a look at some of KG's cheep shots, most are when the other guy is not looking.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-Kevi...ars-Blog-17085

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Too bad you were not right. Take a look at some of KG's cheep shots, most are when the other guy is not looking.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-Kevi...ars-Blog-17085

And Bynums was when a guy was vulnerable in the air and had no way to defend himself. While he was in the air Bynum didn't even go for the ball and threw his elbows right into him. KG never injured guys like that.

KeithLBC
01-28-2009, 04:42 PM

Throwing an elbow to Aldridge's head is pretty weak too. Pushing Sasha Vujacic after the whistle is pretty weak as well. KG does plenty of dirty things all the time, he's just too much of a ***** to do them while anyone's looking.

I love how everyone says the Lakers are soft, yet when they start showing that they're not everyone's crying about it :cry:

Bynum cleary didn't want to give up an open layup/dunk so he went for the foul. It's not like he threw his elbow straight into Wallace, he appeared to try to stop his momentum and happened to lead with his elbow. From all the replays that I've seen I still can't see how it was his elbow that lead, but from the results I guess it's pretty evident.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 04:43 PM
And Bynums was when a guy was vulnerable in the air and had no way to defend himself. While he was in the air Bynum didn't even go for the ball and threw his elbows right into him. KG never injured guys like that.

Ok, bynum is a dirty player, what are you going to do now?

keithm320
01-28-2009, 04:44 PM
That was a smart play. If wallace makes the dunk or layup the game would have been over, but instead they missed both free throws and missed 2 more and we were back in it and sent it to OT, people get hurt, Wallace more than others.

That is the dumbest comment I've ever heard.

DoubleDragon
01-28-2009, 04:45 PM
I love how everyone says the Lakers are soft, yet when they start showing that they're not everyone's crying about it :cry:

Bynum cleary didn't want to give up an open layup/dunk so he went for the foul. It's not like he threw his elbow straight into Wallace, he appeared to try to stop his momentum and happened to lead with his elbow. From all the replays that I've seen I still can't see how it was his elbow that lead, but from the results I guess it's pretty evident.[/QUOTE]

Well said...
T R U T H

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Ok, bynum is a dirty player, what are you going to do now?

The point is if you admit he is a dirty player, don't whine and complain about KG. I don't know how many threads have been dedicated to how you and all other Laker fans hate KG and how he is a punk. The point is stop *****ing about it when a Celtic does it, and call it ok when a Laker does it.

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:46 PM

You should start lowering your standards around here.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 04:49 PM
The point is if you admit he is a dirty player, don't whine and complain about KG. I don't know how many threads have been dedicated to how you and all other Laker fans hate KG and how he is a punk. The point is stop *****ing about it when a Celtic does it, and call it ok when a Laker does it.

I don't think he is dirty, and I never complained about KG being dirty in past threads. I bet you Paul Pierce will think twice before he tries to drive to the lane.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 04:50 PM

So it would have been smart to let him get the 2 points?

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't think he is dirty, and I never complained about KG being dirty in past threads. I bet you Paul Pierce will think twice before he tries to drive to the lane.

I really doubt players like Pierce will all of a sudden shy away from doing what makes them succesful.

I bet if Bynum continues he won't be there to stop anyone from getting in the lane.

PRETTY BIRD!
01-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I love it.....Bynum's looking like a superstar out there...

awsome foul!:smoking:

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I really doubt players like Pierce will all of a sudden shy away from doing what makes them succesful.

I bet if Bynum continues he won't be there to stop anyone from getting in the lane.

We will see. When we played the Celt's on Christmas, Pierce was not driving to the lane at all when Bynum was in the game.

IRUAM #21
01-28-2009, 04:55 PM
I love it.....Bynum's looking like a superstar out there...

awsome foul!:smoking:

:pity:

Frrrrank!!!
01-28-2009, 04:59 PM
We will see. When we played the Celt's on Christmas, Pierce was not driving to the lane at all when Bynum was in the game.

We will see, and I think Pierce did ok....20 pts 10 rbs 3 ast while shooting 7-13 from the field, 2-4 from 3's, and 4-4 from the line.

cali72888
01-28-2009, 05:01 PM
KG is a dirty player no doubt about it. I have seen him multiple times just knock players to the ground while screening, or even getting close to a knee in the crotch. KG is a piece of ****.
Grim reaper lookin mother ****er. should have kept his skinny *** in Minn where he would have never won a ring, people like that should never be given a shot at a title, Im soooo happy the warriors never got him even if we do suck rite now. I would rather suck for a long time then have a douch bag like that on my team and win 100 titles.

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:02 PM
There should definately be a suspension. Hard fouls usually mean a hard smack to the arm or some other non-chest area of the body or if it's a hard hit to the chest area then the player is usually tied up and the defender is actually in the position to do that. Bynum wasn't close enough to Wallace to safely defend the play and ended up close lining him with his elbow out. Very dumb play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q2cBYKvYJw

PRETTY BIRD!
01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
what i'm saying is that maybe players would think twice now before driving to the paint......Wallace tried to embarrass bynum, he tried to dunk on his face...and apparently thats something you just don't do to him....:cool:

GspLAL
01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Bynum needs to go after someone his own size, not going after smaller players.:pity:What a punk, I use to like Bynum, but now he has turned into a punk.

:rolleyes:Sounds familiar.

Difference is Gerald Wallace isnt a little 6'1'' point guard, and Wallace is one of the most built guys in the NBA. So no it doesnt sound familiar smart ***.

cali72888
01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Dirt *** play, Bynum should be suspended for at least 4 games for this. pathetic.

Joshtd1
01-28-2009, 05:08 PM
No I dont think Bynum is dirty, but that individual play was dirty.

LAKERMANIA

KG has done it more times in his history than Bynum has.

/Story

Vidball
There should definately be a suspension. Hard fouls usually mean a hard smack to the arm or some other non-chest area of the body or if it's a hard hit to the chest area then the player is usually tied up and the defender is actually in the position to do that. Bynum wasn't close enough to Wallace to safely defend the play and ended up close lining him with his elbow out. Very dumb play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q2cBYKvYJw

Then I guess this should be a suspension too...it's from the same game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfCWGngcHA8

I'm just glad Crash didn't get a concussion as well--the guy is one head-shot away from being a vegetable.

jnb58
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM
what i'm saying is that maybe players would think twice now before driving to the paint......Wallace tried to embarrass bynum, he tried to dunk on his face...and apparently thats something you just don't do to him....:cool:

Embarrass him? He was trying to make a spectacular basketball play. I would consider this negative Karma worthy. The Lakers should watch their back next time they play Charlotte.

If you condone that kind of play you are a D***. If that happened to Kobe, you would be calling for a suspension.

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Then I guess this should be a suspension too...it's from the same game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfCWGngcHA8

I'm just glad Crash didn't get a concussion as well--the guy is one head-shot away from being a vegetable.

Did that result in Pau getting a broken rib and a collapsed lung?

keithm320
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM

Lets clarify something there are ways to foul people to prevent them from coming into the lane, and to stop them from getting an easy layup....this was not one of them

Just because Bynum has poor footwork and can't get over quick enough to defend guys slashing to lane, does not give him free range to commit a foul like that.. which is why I guarantee they suspend this moron

LAKERMANIA
01-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Embarrass him? He was trying to make a spectacular basketball play. I would consider this negative Karma worthy. The Lakers should watch their back next time they play Charlotte.

If you condone that kind of play you are a D***. If that happened to Kobe, you would be calling for a suspension.

If that happened to Kobe, the first thing I would be thinking about wouldn't be "Who should get suspended" but rather, if he will be ok sometime soon and when he will be able to come back, suspending someone doesn't give any kind of satisfaction but to rub it in other people's faces when their favorite players were suspended for doing the same thing a while back.

Gibby23
Lets clarify something there are ways to foul people to prevent them from coming into the lane, and to stop them from getting an easy layup....this was not one of them

Just because Bynum has poor footwork and can't get over quick enough to defend guys slashing to lane, does not give him free range to commit a foul like that.. which is why I guarantee they suspend this moron

Thats fine suspend him. He stoped the guy from scoring and they missed 2 free throws. Suspend him, I think he gets a fine and 1 game.

KeithLBC

The end result isn't the issue. The issue is that Morrison didn't play the ball, he went for the hard foul. When Pau came down, he came down awkwardly on one leg. What if he turned his ankle and was out for the next 20 games? Just because he didn't get hurt doesn't change the fact that it was a hard foul and that he wasn't trying to play the ball.

Odominator
01-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Why isn't Garnett suspended for elbowing several players? Why should Bynum be suspended based on this standard?

It would be outrageous to suspend Bynum and not suspend Garnett for the many dirty plays towards players half his size in the league.

Therefore, my opinion is, Bynum is a rising star and will not get suspended.

RocketsRule
01-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Andrew Bynum = Dereks enemy.

But seriously, hope he gets better. It seems that this kinda stuff follows him everywhere.

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:21 PM
The end result isn't the issue. The issue is that Morrison didn't play the ball, he went for the hard foul. When Pau came down, he came down awkwardly on one leg. What if he turned his ankle and was out for the next 20 games? Just because he didn't get hurt doesn't change the fact that it was a hard foul and that he wasn't trying to play the ball.

As a general rule anytime a player commits a flagrant foul that results in serious injury to another player the league should hand out a suspension and or fines. Whether it's an accident doesn't matter. What's at stake are players health and careers.

The Morrison issue should have been handled with a flagrant foul at most.. that's it.

DoubleDragon
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM

Thank God that NO it didn't. He could've easily gotten his neck broken or concussion if he wasn't coordinated enough to land safely. The point here is INTENTION. Nobody can say for 100% sure either way what his intent was (I don't care how clairvoyant you think you are) ...
So...you can only judge on past games/behavior/patterns. Based on that as well as Bynum's body language after the hit (he went over to try and check on him) it's obvious it was not an intentional, rib breaking foul.

No doubt it's a ***** bummer about G-Wall's injury. That is something everyone seems to agree on and my prayer's are with him.

Let the insulting replies begin...

Vidball
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM

So the basis of the suspension should be because Crash got injured on the play? I guess Juwan Howard should be suspended for the screen he set on Ariza (which led to Ariza's concussion) in the first half.

PRETTY BIRD!
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM

yes! he was trying to embarrass him and thats cool, he got what he deserved.... he saw bynum standing there in front of him and wanted him on his poster, is that simple.....and no i don't condone this type of play but i ain't against it either...this is not 'bailarinas del tango' this is the nba.....

cHi8DaL5LA420
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM
dam thats horrible... i cant believe that... i really hope bynum didnt mean to do that... get better soon gerald!

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:26 PM
So the basis of the suspension should be because Crash got injured on the play? I guess Juwan Howard should be suspended for the screen he set on Ariza (which led to Ariza's concussion) in the first half.

Maybe.. I didn't see the Ariza/Howard play. IMO, Bynum's flagrant on Wallace deserves a suspension.

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Thank God that NO it didn't. He could've easily gotten his neck broken or concussion if he wasn't coordinated enough to land safely. The point here is INTENTION. Nobody can say for 100% sure either way what his intent was (I don't care how clairvoyant you think you are) ...
So...you can only judge on past games/behavior/patterns. Based on that as well as Bynum's body language after the hit (he went over to try and check on him) it's obvious it was not an intentional, rib breaking foul.

No doubt it's a ***** bummer about G-Wall's injury. That is something everyone seems to agree on and my prayer's are with him.

Let the insulting replies begin...

No, actually that's not the point at all. The point is it's a basketball game not wrestling or football. Bynum close lining Wallace was not a freak accident it was a dumb play which he should be punished for.

PRETTY BIRD!
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM

plain and simple bynum took exception to wallace wanting to posterize him.....so he saw fit to stop him in his tracks.....and if you think bynum has poor footwork then apparently you don't know ****!

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM
No, actually that's not the point at all. The point is it's a basketball game not wrestling or football. Bynum close lining Wallace was not a freak accident it was a dumb play which he should be punished for.

Call the NBA for a job, Im pretty sure they wont hire you, but it seems like you think you know what you are talking about.

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Call the NBA for a job, Im pretty sure they wont hire you, but it seems like you think you know what you are talking about.

Yeah.. I'll get right on that. :rolleyes:

Vidball
01-28-2009, 05:31 PM
There was a reason it was assigned as a Flagrant 1 foul...no suspension is warranted.

LAKERMANIA
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM

1) Yes that is the point. Its all about intention, if the league thinks Bynum did it intentionally he gets a suspension, not the fact that Wallace got hurt.

2) It wasn't a clothesline, it was hip check.. Two completely different things.

Draco
There was a reason it was assigned as a Flagrant 1 foul...no suspension is warranted.

Yeah.. at the time the call was made the ref's didn't know that Wallace had a collapsed lung and broken ribs.

DoubleDragon

Thanks genius.:bang:

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:38 PM
1) Yes that is the point. Its all about intention, if the league thinks Bynum did it intentionally he gets a suspension, not the fact that Wallace got hurt.

2) It wasn't a clothesline, it was hip check.. Two completely different things.

1. Bynum wasn't playing the ball.. it was a flagrant foul that resulted in serious injury to an opposing player. Whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter change the fact that Wallace has a collapsed lung and a broken broken.

2. I'm not going to argue semantics. Call it whatever you like.

DoubleDragon
01-28-2009, 05:40 PM
2. I'm not going to argue semantics. Call it whatever you like.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what you're doing ("arguing semantics" ) and everyone IS calling it "whatever they like"

Vidball
Yeah.. at the time the call was made the ref's didn't know that Wallace had a collapsed lung and broken ribs.

Good thing the NBA doesn't base suspensions off of injuries. If they did, Bynum would be gone for the season. It's kinda nice the NBA has rules. Bynum committed a Flagrant 1--unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent. Nothing else.

Draco
Thanks genius.:bang:

What's with all these Laker fans who feel the need to get ******?

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Good thing the NBA doesn't base suspensions off of injuries. If they did, Bynum would be gone for the season. It's kinda nice the NBA has rules. Bynum committed a Flagrant 1--unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent. Nothing else.

I don't think that's a good thing at all. There have been plenty of Flagrant 1's that should have been 2's in the history of the NBA. Add this one to the list.

Vidball
01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
1. Bynum wasn't playing the ball.. it was a flagrant foul that resulted in serious injury to an opposing player. Whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter change the fact that Wallace has a collapsed lung and a broken broken.

The NBA has rules and what Bynum did was commit a Flagrant Foul...nothing more. Suspensions aren't based on injuries...they don't hand out 1 game for a bruise, 2 for a sprain, 3 for a fracture. There are rules Draco.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 05:44 PM
What's with all these Laker fans who feel the need to get ******?

Because you don't know what you are talking about. The NBA basis suspensions on intent not if the player got hurt. Morrison's foul and Bynum's foul were about the same, they should both get the same punishment.

PRETTY BIRD!
case and point..great hard foul......

no suspension.....

to bad wallace got injured, **** happens you know!

......nobody's going to loose sleep over it!

Draco
2. I'm not going to argue semantics. Call it whatever you like.

That's exactly what you're doing ("arguing semantics" ) and everyone IS calling it "whatever they like"

The league should suspend Bynum because he caused serious injury to an opposing player by way of a flagrant foul.. that's my point. Do you need me to draw you a picture?

DrDEADalready
01-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Lol is there anyone else posting in this except for Draco and Lakerfans.

Kyle916
01-28-2009, 05:46 PM
BS foul.

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:46 PM
The NBA has rules and what Bynum did was commit a Flagrant Foul...nothing more. Suspensions aren't based on injuries...they don't hand out 1 game for a bruise, 2 for a sprain, 3 for a fracture. There are rules Draco.

And the punishment for his flagrant foul should be a suspension. I'm not suggesting it will be. I'm expressing what I think based on what I saw.

boms-4
01-28-2009, 05:48 PM
that was a flagent foul for sure Bynum wasnt even playing the ball. No need for a suspension tho

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Because you don't know what you are talking about. The NBA basis suspensions on intent not if the player got hurt. Morrison's foul and Bynum's foul were about the same, they should both get the same punishment.

Actually you don't know what you're talking about.. reread my posts and pay particular attention to where you see the word, "should"

Vidball
01-28-2009, 05:51 PM
And the punishment for his flagrant foul should be a suspension. I'm not suggesting it will be. I'm expressing what I think based on what I saw.

I can respect that. I misunderstood...all I'm saying is giving him a suspension doesn't follow the rules of the game. Drew may be civilly liable for the injury, but he did nothing more than commit a flagrant 1, so he won't be getting a suspension. The only way Drew would get a suspension would be if the NBA deemed he intended to injure Wallace.

NFLNBA
01-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Bynum said he got lost on the play and had his back to him and knows Wallace was going hard so he just put him arms up and Wallace went into his elbow, look at the video he isnt even looking at where wallace is, it just happen to be Wallace jumped into a elbow and not his back ect.

Bynum is prob tired of watching the Lakers give up easy buckets and i thought it was a good foul! Wallace is just very injury prone and i wish him the best and a speedy recovery

^ Kevin Garnett does do this stuff all the time but not everyone gets a colapsed lung because of it LOL Garnett used to be my favoite player but you have to admit he is a straight azzhole now. Dont know why he picks on little guards all the time and is all cocky cuzz he was bought into 1 title. Dont see Kobe acting like a azz because he has 3 titles, do you? And dont give me that he plays with passion crap cuz so does Kobe and Duncun ect

PRETTY BIRD!
01-28-2009, 05:52 PM
The league should suspend Bynum because he caused serious injury to an opposing player by way of a flagrant foul.. that's my point. Do you need me to draw you a picture?

send a letter to the nba......and while your at it ask them if they can somehow re do the draft so maybe this time chicago would be smart and take mayo.....and maybe you wouldn't be so pissed off at random ****!:smoking:

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:53 PM
As far as the holiness and righteousness of NBA rules.. Diaw, Horry and Amare getting off the bench in a playoff game pales in comparison to this.

Vidball
01-28-2009, 05:57 PM
As far as the holiness and righteousness of NBA rules.. Diaw, Horry and Amare getting off the bench in a playoff game pales in comparison to this.

Some rules do need to be adjusted, but thats the way it is for now.

Draco
01-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Some rules do need to be adjusted, but thats the way it is for now.

And the league should look at this incident and change the rules accordingly.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Andrew Bynum = Dereks enemy.

But seriously, hope he gets better. It seems that this kinda stuff follows him everywhere.

Yep, him, Danny Granger, Tamar Slay, and Mikki Moore.

phila_gorilla
01-28-2009, 06:00 PM
"The Bobcats will play the Bobcats tonight in Portland."

lol

NYMetros
01-28-2009, 06:03 PM
I can respect that. I misunderstood...all I'm saying is giving him a suspension doesn't follow the rules of the game. Drew may be civilly liable for the injury, but he did nothing more than commit a flagrant 1, so he won't be getting a suspension. The only way Drew would get a suspension would be if the NBA deemed he intended to injure Wallace.

How can you fairly judge when one player intends to injure another? There's no exact formula for it.

Vidball
01-28-2009, 06:04 PM
And the league should look at this incident and change the rules accordingly.

lol...ummm, okay. This 'incident' was a non-malicious flagrant foul on an injury-prone player nicknamed "Crash" because of how he throws his body around. I think Webber made a good point after the game--he said that he gets scared for Wallace every time he takes off to go to the hoop. He exposes himself and gets in some risky situations while he is flying around near the hoop.

Odominator
01-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Because they found out he had broken ribs and a collapsed lung doesn't warrant a flagarant 2. Bynum did not spear-tackle him, Bynum took an intentional foul to stop the drive.

Vidball
01-28-2009, 06:05 PM
How can you fairly judge when one player intends to injure another? There's no exact formula for it.

Thats true--thats why Stu Jackson has so much power in situations like these.

Gup
01-28-2009, 06:06 PM
G-Force is the man too

Draco
01-28-2009, 06:11 PM
lol...ummm, okay. This 'incident' was a non-malicious flagrant foul on an injury-prone player nicknamed "Crash" because of how he throws his body around. I think Webber made a good point after the game--he said that he gets scared for Wallace every time he takes off to go to the hoop. He exposes himself and gets in some risky situations while he is flying around near the hoop.

Come on.. Shifting blame to Wallace is weak. Wallace didn't expose himself on this play any more than any other player driving to the rim. It's entirely Bynum's fault for "hip throwing" him or whatever you blame shiting Laker fans want to call it.

LA412
01-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I hope he is OK but.........

Other teams can learn a lesson from this:

Don't come in the lane against the Lakers

Vidball
01-28-2009, 06:12 PM
In order to have a flagrant 2, the player must do one of the following:

Make contact with the head or neck

Show intent to harm

Apply force that, even without demonstrable intent, is reasonably assumed to be excessive.

This was a Flagrant 1--called correctly. End of Story!

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 06:15 PM

Show intent to harm

Apply force that, even without demonstrable intent, is reasonably assumed to be excessive.

So applying a force that breaks a guys rib and collapses one of his lungs isn't excessive...that's interesting.

Vidball
01-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Lacking any significant swinging of the elbow, lowering of the shoulder, or aggressive move with the body, Bynum's contact on the foul is not excessive beyond many fouls that are not deemed flagrant at all. The only case for flagrance is the unnecessary part (no play on the ball), hence the flagrant 1.

Draco
01-28-2009, 06:16 PM

Show intent to harm

NBA's misunderstood rules for fans who misunderstand.. enjoy.

A flagrant foul 2 is unnecessary and excessive contact. This usually has a swinging motion, hard contact, and a follow through. Both fouls carry a penalty of two free throws and the team that was fouled retains possession.
http://www.nba.com/features/misunderstoodrules_051128.html

jayl1377
01-28-2009, 06:17 PM
imagine it was kobe who got hurt and okafor hit him or something....lakers fan would be looking for blood

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 06:18 PM
imagine it was kobe who got hurt and okafor hit him or something....lakers fan would be looking for blood

Yep. Next time the Bobcats play the Lakers, if Kobe drives the lane, and Gana Diop happens to be there, I wouldn't mind if he laid him out.

Vidball
01-28-2009, 06:20 PM

True...but the rules of the game are still the same. It still wouldn't merit a suspension.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 06:21 PM
True...but the rules of the game are still the same. It still wouldn't merit a suspension.

Says you...

Ron Artest got suspended for hitting Manu in the head, Manu was fine and no foul was called on the play. But they reviewed it and he got suspended.

The NBA has been cracking down on flagrants and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets suspended a game or 2.

Vidball
01-28-2009, 06:22 PM
NBA's misunderstood rules for fans who misunderstand.. enjoy.

http://www.nba.com/features/misunderstoodrules_051128.html

Thats exactly what I was saying in the previous post. This is why Bynum was assigned a flagrant 1...no swinging motion, no follow through...

Draco
01-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Thats exactly what I was saying in the previous post. This is why Bynum was assigned a flagrant 1...no swinging motion, no follow through...

Swinging motion and follow through is used to describe usual infractions but it's not required. The only criteria for a flagrant foul is any contact that is unnecessary or excessive.

Flagrant Fouls: These fouls are considered unnecessary and/or excessive. There are two types of flagrant fouls, 1 and 2. A flagrant 1 is unnecessary contact. This is usually when a defensive player swings and makes hard contact with the offensive player or makes hard contact and then follows through. A flagrant foul 2 is unnecessary and excessive contact. This usually has a swinging motion, hard contact, and a follow through. Both fouls carry a penalty of two free throws and the team that was fouled retains possession. A flagrant foul 2 also results in an ejection of the player committing the foul. A player also is ejected if he commits two flagrant foul penalty 1’s.

Vidball
01-28-2009, 06:30 PM
lol...so thats your argument?

Vidball
01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Says you...

Ron Artest got suspended for hitting Manu in the head, Manu was fine and no foul was called on the play. But they reviewed it and he got suspended.

The NBA has been cracking down on flagrants and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets suspended a game or 2.

That was in '06 before the rule change that officials could review flagrants. The officials already had an opportunity to look at what Bynum did on film and decide whether it was a flagrant 1 or a flagrant 2.

Draco
01-28-2009, 06:32 PM
lol...so thats your argument?

I think it was a Class 2 flagrant regardless of what the ref's called. Wallace has injuries that are only the result of excessive contact. I think it's possible that the league hands out a suspension.. who knows whether they will.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 06:32 PM
That was in '06 before the rule change that officials could review flagrants. The officials already had an opportunity to look at what Bynum did on film and decide whether it was a flagrant 1 or a flagrant 2.

Pretty sure it's Stu Jackson, not the refs, that decide if Bynum gets suspended or not.

DoubleDragon
01-28-2009, 06:34 PM

Yeah , draw me a picture. Or better yet, try knowing what you're talking about.

Here is the NBA rule on flagrant 1:
A flagrant foul 1 is unnecessary contact. This is usually when a defensive player winds-up and makes hard contact with the offensive player or makes hard contact and then follows through

You made your point (ad nauseum). Do you feel neglected, misunderstood, what?:sad2:

YES, Bynum should be put in prison, stripped of his uniform and sodomized by farm animals. We get it! You know exactly what his intent was and ONLY you are right. Shame on everyone:hide:

Draco
01-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah , draw me a picture. Or better yet, try knowing what you're talking about.

Here is the NBA rule on flagrant 1:
A flagrant foul 1 is unnecessary contact. This is usually when a defensive player winds-up and makes hard contact with the offensive player or makes hard contact and then follows through

You made your point (ad nauseum). Do you feel neglected, misunderstood, what?:sad2:

YES, Bynum should be put in prison, stripped of his uniform and sodomized by farm animals. We get it! You know exactly what his intent was and ONLY you are right. Shame on everyone:hide:

Yes.. thank you for posting the rule covering Class 1 flagrant fouls because it hasn't already been posted and source linked, and interpretted in this thread. Dude, you're all over it. :rolleyes:

JerzeyFresh
01-28-2009, 06:41 PM
it said he lost 45% of his lung capacity hes gonan be out for a while. get back soon gerald

BTownTeamsRKing
01-28-2009, 06:51 PM
umm all i can say is.....OUCHHHHH!!!

broken rib and collapsed lung!??!?! i think it bring a suspension because he may nnot have been trying to injure him, but we see hits like these all the time and they have to stop.

hey lakers fans, what if Okafor did that to Kobe and he was out for that long?
Bynum gave a bad shot to Wallace and should pay for it. the hit was unnecesary and the degree of the hit is just too hard to justify.

5 game suspension and move on.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Wow, that definitely sucks.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-28-2009, 06:55 PM
on second look.

where did bynum go for the ball? no where.

this is very much like the ryan clark hit. no intent to injure, but he made a hit in which he couldnt control what he doing.

i stand by 5 game suspension

hyphy king 88
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Man, he always gets injured by someone every year it seems. One of my favorite players. Get well G-Wall!

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 07:02 PM

broken rib and collapsed lung!??!?! i think it bring a suspension because he may nnot have been trying to injure him, but we see hits like these all the time and they have to stop.

Bynum gave a bad shot to Wallace and should pay for it. the hit was unnecesary and the degree of the hit is just too hard to justify.

Please, he will get 1 game at the most.

Wilson
01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
on second look.

where did bynum go for the ball? no where.

this is very much like the ryan clark hit. no intent to injure, but he made a hit in which he couldnt control what he doing.

i stand by 5 game suspension

I must make teams violent...:shrug:

If the league wants to be consistent (which it doesn't I suppose), then Bynum should definately be suspended.

I think all Bynum was trying to do was slide over and take the paint away, but by putting his arm in there (he should have just put them both in the air), he created a more violent collision and fall, and that's what made it a flagrant.

I don't believe there was any malicious intent on Bynum's part, but he did cause the fall to be a more violent one, and a suspension is probably in line.

sacgiants1213
01-28-2009, 07:12 PM
i'm sorry this happened to gforce. When he comes back he really needs to bring it down a notch. he's gonna be broken down before we know it. I love how he plays, but he's gonna suffer a career threatening injury if this keeps up. Get well soon Gforce!

S.J.Basketball
01-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Wow. The hit doesn't even look like it'd be hard enough to cause that kind of injury. I've seen Shaq's huge body plow people over where it looked like the player hit by Shaq should've ended up in the hospital, but didn't.

Bynum has sent the message: Come down the lane and you will have to EARN your 2 points biatches!

In all seriousness though I hope G.Wallace gets better quick. The guy has been putting up great numbers on my fantasy team and it sucks when you have to sit out on an injury that could've been avoided.

Big Game Son
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Honestly. Not that Bynum meant to cause injury. I will say again the kid tried to just hold down the paint. That said....I now say 3 games. When you severely hurt a player in my opinion. You need to be out as long as the player in severe pain. It was an aweful defensive attempt and I think Bynum deserves 3 games - no/little fine. Or 2 games and like 25,000. Inadvertant but he seriously injured someone, similar to the Al Horford but wrse because he ENTIRELY didnt go for the ball. We are here for Gerald!

ALQ20
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
it does suck......but I dont think Bynum will get penalized for it though. I mean....if you saw the game...and you know gerald wallace (and the complete disregard he has for his body)....he was flying from one side of the court to the other at a little above 70 mph....going into the paint with Bynum there? It was a hard foul...period. It would'nt have been as serious if he would've just slowed down and known there were like 3-4 lakers in the paint. he just wanted to dunk on the 7 footer....but he didnt care for his body....it sucks nonetheless....

i wish gerald wallace the best and a speedy recovery!

KmB728
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I hope Wallace can recover fast, and get back to playin some basketball...

:laugh::laugh::laugh: when KG barks in peoples faces, or claps or even just gets on all fours hes a punk, and should be kicked out of the league, but when Bynum sends a guy to the hospital with a broken rib and a collapsed lung hes just playing with passion

can a laker fan tell me what they would think if KG had done something like this to Kobe??

im guessing you would want him to be suspended indefinatley

Hoopsadvocate
01-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow when i first read the header i though he got in a car accident or something. After looking at the video it first looked like bynum wasn't going for the ball at all and looked like a dirty play but after a few closer replays it shows he didn't even directly hit Wallace with his elbow his elbow bent up and was never point towards his sternum. Its wierd to think all those injuries came from what looked like a awkward forarm/shoulder push.

Regardless its definitely s flagarent foul and Bynum should be suspended a couple games. But i dont think he did it maliciously enough to hurt him especially this bad

GarlicStench
01-28-2009, 07:21 PM
The lakers are SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sly Guy
01-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Bynum will be suspended.

I dont think it was intentional but I hope the league hits him hard. The NBA is about consistency and Al Horford got suspended for his hit on Tj. That also was TOTALLY unintentional. Horford did not even attempt to foul on that one. Here tho Bymnum meant to foul hard and absolutely munched the guy. This should be a miminum of two games. I have not lost and respect for Bynum nor do I question his motives, but he has to get hit with a biggy here. This was an aweful defensive lapse and he rly put the offensive player in a scary situation and ultimately hurt him bad. However just to show where I stand here.....Bynum certainly is no James Posey and doesnt deserve that rap.

I hope Gerald heals up and comes back ok and soon. The worse the injury though the more games Bynum should get.

don't know if I agree with the assessment of the Horford call. See, Horford was behind TJ who had a clear path. Horford came down on top of TJ's head from behind with no chance at making a play for the ball. Horford may not have meant it, but he should have known he couldn't have made a play at that point and let him go. That's why he got suspended. Because he made a choice to make a bad play with a chance of injury, willfully or not.

Bynum's play looked relatively harmless. I mean, just listen to the broadcasters during the injury, they just saw a hard foul, and were talking as if they were expecting him to get back up. Bynum looked like he was trying to step in and got there really late.

Besides, a hit to the head > a hit to the ribcage.

S.J.Basketball
01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I hope Wallace can recover fast, and get back to playin some basketball...

:laugh::laugh::laugh: when KG barks in peoples faces, or claps or even just gets on all fours hes a punk, and should be kicked out of the league, but when Bynum sends a guy to the hospital with a broken rib and a collapsed lung hes just playing with passion

can a laker fan tell me what they would think if KG had done something like this to Kobe??

im guessing you would want him to be suspended indefinatley

There's a difference. KG's a pansy who picks on little people and when someone his size goes after him he runs away. He IS a punk and has a history of being a punk. He also acts like a moron and is ALLOWED to get away with it and the rare times and ref actually calls him on it he can't even own up to it like a man.

Bynum wanted this guy to earn his free throws and I've seen people get hit a lot harder who don't go to the hospital with a collapsed lung and broken rib. Bynum was called for the foul and given the flagrant and will most likely be fined/suspended.

Leave it to a Celtic fan to try to even compare the two. Idiot.

KmB728
01-28-2009, 07:34 PM
There's a difference. KG's a pansy who picks on little people and when someone his size goes after him he runs away. He IS a punk and has a history of being a punk. He also acts like a moron and is ALLOWED to get away with it and the rare times and ref actually calls him on it he can't even own up to it like a man.

Bynum wanted this guy to earn his free throws and I've seen people get hit a lot harder who don't go to the hospital with a collapsed lung and broken rib. Bynum was called for the foul and given the flagrant and will most likely be fined/suspended.

and leave it to a laker fan to say the hit wasnt hard :clap:

theres a difference in wanting a guy to earn his 2 points at the line, and sending him to the hospital

wayneo92
01-28-2009, 07:46 PM
of course the boston fans want him suspended :cool:

homestarunner93
01-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Intentional, flagrant, dirty, suspend him. He sure wasn't going for the ball.

Draco
01-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Honestly. Not that Bynum meant to cause injury. I will say again the kid tried to just hold down the paint. That said....I now say 3 games. When you severely hurt a player in my opinion. You need to be out as long as the player in severe pain. It was an aweful defensive attempt and I think Bynum deserves 3 games - no/little fine. Or 2 games and like 25,000. Inadvertant but he seriously injured someone, similar to the Al Horford but wrse because he ENTIRELY didnt go for the ball. We are here for Gerald!

I agree that Bynum should be suspended but this talk about "meant to" and "intentions" is missing the point. With regards to the rules on flagrant fouls Bynums contact was an intentional hit on the body. Put another way, there was no intention to make a play on the ball. People have suggested that Bynum didn't intend to injure Wallace. Well, good. It would be even worse for Bynum if that was his intention and the league could somehow prove it. But that's not the issue and what Bynum didn't do is not what league officials should be looking at when deciding his punishment. He put a player in the hospital because he was reckless on the court. That's what he should get nailed on.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2009, 07:55 PM
And 1 more probabbly would end his career.

so no you are a doctor and a basketball know it all? Impressive

Hawkeye15
01-28-2009, 07:57 PM

I wonder how many Laker fans hated KG so much before last June. It used to be, "oh, I feel bad for KG, he plays on an awful team that comes up short, he just plays so hard, and is so intense, I would love him on my team". Then around June 30, it was more, "Hate him. He is dirty and whiny". Comical to say the least

Hawkeye15
01-28-2009, 07:59 PM
anyways, Bynum deserves a $10,000 fine, and 1 game suspension. He didn't do it intentionally, well, at least didn't hurt him intentionally, but a message has to be sent you can't put the butt of your elbow into an exposed player

Big Game Son
01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
I agree that Bynum should be suspended but this talk about "meant to" and "intentions" is missing the point. With regards to the rules on flagrant fouls Bynums contact was an intentional hit on the body. Put another way, there was no intention to make a play on the ball. People have suggested that Bynum didn't intend to injure Wallace. Well, good. It would be even worse for Bynum if that was his intention and the league could somehow prove it. But that's not the issue and what Bynum didn't do is not what league officials should be looking at when deciding his punishment. He put a player in the hospital because he was reckless on the court. That's what he should get nailed on.

Your absolutely right is isnt about intentions and ish. Exactly why I bring up the Horford situation. However there is one part of this that hasn't been touched on though. The timing of this incident. Clutch time in a basketball game. Intense moment where the game is on the line and you clock a player. Makes Bynum's defensive move look even worse here. Bad decision in crunch time and the NBA office may hit him hard for it.

KB24PG16
01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
when i saw it didnt think it would be serious

GoatMilk
01-28-2009, 08:13 PM
if it wasnt a flagrant II or an ejection, he won't be suspended. just an unfortunate situation

Teeboy1487
01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
He definately deserves a suspension for being careless, but he not a dirty player. Next time bynum should be more careful because at the end of the day, it is just a game.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
I would never consider Byum dirty. But he still needs to be punished, even if its a game suspension and a small fine.

LAKERMANIA
01-28-2009, 08:18 PM

It depends, did KG get on all fours and bark like a dog while Kobe was hurt?- Then Yes he should be suspended.

Did he go by Kobe and see if hes ok?- If thats the case then NO i dont think he should be suspended. Fined? sure, not suspended.

GoatMilk
01-28-2009, 08:21 PM
I would never consider Byum dirty. But he still needs to be punished, even if its a game suspension and a small fine.

i agree with this

torontoraptors1
01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
stupid lakers

jimbobjarree
01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
stupid lakers

seconded

G-Funk
01-28-2009, 08:28 PM
****it he can get suspened 10 games, Lakers will still be better than the West, And that's not just a lesson for bynum but for the league, don't expect easy dunks/layups.

JRisdabest
01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
that was a dirty play.....he didnt even go for the ball...they should suspend him atleast 1 game....:horse::pity:.......good luck wallace

Hawkeye15
01-28-2009, 08:37 PM
****it he can get suspened 10 games, Lakers will still be better than the West, And that's not just a lesson for bynum but for the league, don't expect easy dunks/layups.

I don't think a lot of teams are scared about LA on that side of the floor. It is stopping them that concerns most teams.

Living Legend
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
I feel that Gerald Wallace was being rather reckless on that play.

Why would he just run and jump full speed into a 7'1" 290lb guy with his arms above his head?

I hope it sends a message to other players in the league to stay out of the paint against the Lakers or else you are gonna get hit.

Draco
01-28-2009, 08:48 PM
I feel that Gerald Wallace was being rather reckless on that play.

Why would he just run and jump full speed into a 7'1" 290lb guy with his arms above his head?

I hope it sends a message to other players in the league to stay out of the paint against the Lakers or else you are gonna get hit.

I guess if I never saw player try dunk a basketball before, I'd feel the same way too. I hear players have been doing this a lot lately.. since oh about the time Mikan was in the league.

PhillyLuver
01-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Stuff happens I guess.

On this instance it seems to be a pretty severe injury, I think Bynum needs to get fined or suspended

COLH
01-28-2009, 09:05 PM
oucchh...hope he's alright.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Collapsed lung and a broken rib??? I just thought he got the wind knocked out of him. He didn't even hit him that hard. I hope he does not miss too much time. Bynum or any other player has to play the ball when a player is in the air. Too many bad things can happen when that scenario is in play.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 09:12 PM
so no you are a doctor and a basketball know it all? Impressive

Don't be mad because the Lakers are a sucessful team, you just love to hate on them because the team you support is no where close to the Lakers. Like I said, even if Bynum is Suspended, the Lakers will still destroy the Wolves Friday.

infamous
01-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Ouch, I hope he recovers soon. Sucks that heavily rumored tradeable players are getting seriously injured before the trading deadline.

Trouble87
01-28-2009, 10:20 PM
hope Crash Wallace can get back on his feet soon the Bobcats were starting to look pretty good....

punctured lung is no joke though... he might be out for a few weeks (at least 6)

GspLAL
01-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I wonder how many Laker fans hated KG so much before last June. It used to be, "oh, I feel bad for KG, he plays on an awful team that comes up short, he just plays so hard, and is so intense, I would love him on my team". Then around June 30, it was more, "Hate him. He is dirty and whiny". Comical to say the least

Are you freakin stupid? Maybe because he TURNED into an arrogant prick? No one hated KG before because he changed after June, why would anyone hate him if he was humble like a lot of people who win championships?

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 10:25 PM
hope Crash Wallace can get back on his feet soon the Bobcats were starting to look pretty good....

punctured lung is no joke though... he might be out for a few weeks (at least 6)

It's not punctured, it's collapsed. They fixed the lung, he just has to stay in the hospital for observation. The rib is what is going to keep him out. The good news is, it wasn't a displaced rib.

NYMetros
01-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Are you freakin stupid? Maybe because he TURNED into an arrogant prick? No one hated KG before because he changed after June, why would anyone hate him if he was humble like a lot of people who win championships?

:laugh2:

GspLAL
01-28-2009, 10:31 PM

sup, nothing to say?

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 10:32 PM
sup, nothing to say?

I think he just found that comment funny...Hence the laughing smiley.

GspLAL
01-28-2009, 10:34 PM
I think he just found that comment funny...Hence the laughing smiley.

Has to be a reason why its funny right?

Spurred1
01-28-2009, 10:37 PM
It's not punctured, it's collapsed. They fixed the lung, he just has to stay in the hospital for observation. The rib is what is going to keep him out. The good news is, it wasn't a displaced rib.

Derek, are you staying in the hospital with him to comfort him? :D You know, wipe his sweaty brow, bring him cool drinks, massage his feet, read the National Enquirer to him..that kind of thing?

So how long is this rib going to keep him out?

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Derek, are you staying in the hospital with him to comfort him? :D You know, wipe his sweaty brow, bring him cool drinks, massage his feet, read the National Enquirer to him..that kind of thing?

So how long is this rib going to keep him out?

Technically, I could if I knew where he was...I could take the trip from Orange County to LA.

And so far there's no timetable. I'm pretty sure he's gonna be out at least for the rest of the road trip, probably longer. And we were just clicking as a team....

RapsGuy23
01-28-2009, 10:46 PM
I saw the collision last night. It didn't look that bad but then again Bynum is no small cat. The way the Wallace play (constantly driving) I'm sure this isn't the first time he's broken some ribs.

Trouble87
01-28-2009, 11:18 PM

Ah ok... my mistake

get well soon to Crash ... hope he comes back soon

3lite-Raptors
01-28-2009, 11:28 PM

true say lakers suck

Hawkeye15
01-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Don't be mad because the Lakers are a sucessful team, you just love to hate on them because the team you support is no where close to the Lakers. Like I said, even if Bynum is Suspended, the Lakers will still destroy the Wolves Friday.

thank you for proving my point. You are so gracious. Anyone who says anything against the machine, ie, the Lakers, is a hater. Funny

Hawkeye15
01-28-2009, 11:39 PM

no, he has been this way since 1995. You just recognize it now. I have watched him since 1995. You haven't obviously. Btw, thanks for calling me stupid. Like I care what someone with a UFC fighter for a sig calls me. Its a sport. There are 100 better fighters.

Kyle N.
01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Is Bynum a dirty player? No, I'm sure he felt terrible, that was a really lazy play though. But you guys call Wallace soft and injury prone. If you got hit by Bynum coming down the lane like that you'd never get back up again.

CaptainCool79
01-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Is Bynum a dirty player? No, I'm sure he felt terrible, that was a really lazy play though. But you guys call Wallace soft and injury prone. If you got hit by Bynum coming down the lane like that you'd never get back up again.

agreed. I dont think bynum should receive a ton of blame for this but he's gotta be suspended so that the NBA can stress that you cant foul a guy by taking him out of the air anyway possible.

mjt20mik
01-29-2009, 12:16 AM
That's a suspension for sure. He didn't mean to hurt him ofcourse, but it was sloppy and reckless.

theimortalone
01-29-2009, 12:23 AM
:ouch: That had to of hurt!

GspLAL
01-29-2009, 12:50 AM
no, he has been this way since 1995. You just recognize it now. I have watched him since 1995. You haven't obviously. Btw, thanks for calling me stupid. Like I care what someone with a UFC fighter for a sig calls me. Its a sport. There are 100 better fighters.

He's always played with intensity, that's different than being an arrogant prick. Obviously he couldn't show his arrogance in Minnesota because he had no room to talk being on crappy teams over and over again, now that he won a title, he's showing his true colors so take your head outta your ***.

I dont even know wtf youre saying about the UFC thing or what that has to do with anything, are you running out of **** to throw at me?

Kyle N.
01-29-2009, 01:09 AM
That's a suspension for sure. He didn't mean to hurt him ofcourse, but it was sloppy and reckless.

Exactly right.

mnvikings28
01-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Bynum should be suspended a game. If this would have been a bobcats player doing it to kobe then everyone would be saying how dirty of play it was and the guy should be suspended indefinately

adrian28kobe24
01-29-2009, 01:23 AM

no he has messed up marco bellineli and has slapped tim duncun in the back of the head while he wasnt looking he has puched former teamate wally szurbiack in the face before and theres alot more that ive seen kg has a history not just the jose calderon thing did i mention he crawled at brandon roy thats not dirty i think thats ****en wierd no one should get suspended for something unintentional, but they should get fined

adrian28kobe24
01-29-2009, 01:26 AM
i remember kg trying to pick on a little guy on the kings i forgot his name, but that guy didnt back down at all i think he puched kg in the face and he elbowed him that **** was funny kg didnt do anything

IRUAM #21
01-29-2009, 01:27 AM
i remember kg trying to pick on a little guy on the kings i forgot his name, but that guy didnt back down at all i think he puched kg in the face and he elbowed him that **** was funny kg didnt do anything

Anthony Peeler

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 01:29 AM

Yeah I was at that game. Peeler elbowed KG in the face when KG tried to start something, and then Peeler got ejected and nothing happened to KG. So a lot of Kings fans started to throw these glow sticks they gave us for the player introductions onto the court. It was pretty crazy. I look up to see tons of glow sticks flying in the air. Then I see Jabari Smith (bench player on the Kings at the time) standing at mid court trying to catch the glow sticks as they rained onto the court. Good times.

IRUAM #21
01-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Yeah I was at that game. Peeler elbowed KG in the face when KG tried to start something, and then Peeler got ejected and nothing happened to KG. So a lot of Kings fans started to throw these glow sticks they gave us for the player introductions onto the court. It was pretty crazy. I look up to see tons of glow sticks flying in the air. Then I see Jabari Smith (bench player on the Kings at the time) standing at mid court trying to catch the glow sticks as they rained onto the court. Good times.

Those Pandas crack me up :laugh2:

GspLAL
01-29-2009, 01:34 AM

:laugh:

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 01:38 AM
:laugh:

Yep Jabari was the man. One of my favorites from back in the day. He was in the same draft is Gerald Wallace actually. He was our 2nd round pick that year.

Kyle N.
01-29-2009, 01:45 AM

Ha ha. I can see it now.

Jabari: There's too many of them! Help!!!

Kyle N.
01-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Yep Jabari was the man. One of my favorites from back in the day. He was in the same draft is Gerald Wallace actually. He was our 2nd round pick that year.

Wait a minute, that doesn't seem right. I thought he was on the Kings at least a year before Gerald was there.

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 01:59 AM
Wait a minute, that doesn't seem right. I thought he was on the Kings at least a year before Gerald was there.

Pretty sure they were the same draft year, I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Nevermind, Jabari was the year before, he was drafted with Hedo.

ragee
01-29-2009, 02:22 AM
If that happened to Kobe, the first thing I would be thinking about wouldn't be "Who should get suspended" but rather, if he will be ok sometime soon and when he will be able to come back, suspending someone doesn't give any kind of satisfaction but to rub it in other people's faces when their favorite players were suspended for doing the same thing a while back.

Suspensions are made to make sure players should refrain from making dirty plays like that...

Wilson
01-29-2009, 02:26 AM
Those Pandas crack me up :laugh2:

I've seen a few people with them. What's going on? :shrug:

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 02:28 AM
I've seen a few people with them. What's going on? :shrug:

Just don't worry about it, go with it, and wear the panda. It was all started by jimbobjaree, the hero.

Shieldsz
01-29-2009, 02:29 AM
I wish G-Wallace the best on his recovery!

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 02:31 AM
I wish G-Wallace the best on his recovery!

Oh dang, more pandas in the house. And yeah we need Wallace back ASAP, as you can tell from the Bobcats performance against the Blazers tonight. Getting DJ Augustine back won't hurt either.

Shieldsz
01-29-2009, 02:32 AM
Also, that was either very intentional or just the worst defense I have seen on a drive. Seriously.

He didn't go for the ball... he just kind of whaled his arms up grabbing whatever he could... wow

IRUAM #21
01-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Just don't worry about it, go with it, and wear the panda. It was all started by jimbobjaree, the hero.

K im gonna wear a Panda, or 2, or 3

Wilson
01-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Andrew tried to meet Gerald at the team bus...

“That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,’’ Brown said. “If he had a history of that (rough play), I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul.’’

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/502200.html

Whilst it definately won't take the sting off the injury for Gerald or the Bobcats, this was a classy thing for Andrew to do. Again, I don't think there was any malicious intent on his part, but a suspension is probably the right thing.

Wilson
01-29-2009, 02:49 AM

:shrugh: Can't argue with that...where can I get me a panda?

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Andrew tried to meet Gerald at the team bus...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/502200.html

Whilst it definately won't take the sting off the injury for Gerald or the Bobcats, this was a classy thing for Andrew to do. Again, I don't think there was any malicious intent on his part, but a suspension is probably the right thing.

That's good that he did that, but still...dumb decision and I bet he learns from it.

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 02:57 AM
:shrugh: Can't argue with that...where can I get me a panda?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6pslfrr&s=1&hid=2&tag=dancing+panda

stawka
01-29-2009, 02:57 AM
For anyone saying he shouldn't be suspended - GET OVER IT! Seriously an intentional foul. Obviously not trying to hurt him, but still an unnecessary foul. Should definitely be suspended for a game as a lesson. I hate seeing people get hurt, and something like this is terrible.

cahawk
01-29-2009, 03:00 AM
Forget Bynum, NBA need s to look at fining the Laker's & Coach.

The talk & play for some time has been getting rougher & dirtier.
The inciting is probably coming from kobe or Phil.

As announcer said in Clevland game, Lebron was getting beaten up.
This has been going on for sometime & could not go on without it being condoned.

GspLAL
01-29-2009, 03:01 AM

This has been going on for sometime & could not go on without it being condoned.

wtf did I just read?

IRUAM #21
01-29-2009, 03:05 AM

:pity:

wtf did I just read?

RaidLakeDodgers
01-29-2009, 03:05 AM
He was not making a play at the ball, while I doubt he intended to hurt Wallace, he better get fined ans suspended for that. He threw his elbow into him.
If they didnt fine KG in the past for all his dirty elbows , then why would they fine AB for that .
G-money just caught a bad break.

Wilson
01-29-2009, 03:08 AM
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6pslfrr&s=1&hid=2&tag=dancing+panda

:cool:

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 03:08 AM
:cool:

Fantastic.

DfanAlways
01-29-2009, 03:25 AM
I don't think he should be suspended. A fine? Yes. If Bynum intentionally fouled Wallace hard then yes he should be suspended but it wasn't intentional and it's not like he has a history of hurting guys. How many times does KG foul guys hard "intentionally" and nothing happens?

Bynum DID Intentially foul Wallace hard, so that Wallace wouldn't make the shot attempt & have to shoot 2 free throws.
So he should be suspended.
He could have left his feet and totally wrapped up Geralds arms so the shot couldn't be made. But instead, he stayed grounded and threw an elbow in the mans chest. That's Karl Malone dirty.
NOT saying that Bynum is a dirty player... but that WAS a dirty play. His lapse of judgment at that moment was horrible. I'm sure he won't ever do it again. But he does need to be punished in this situation.

DfanAlways
01-29-2009, 03:32 AM

The NBA needs to become tougher anyways.
Have you seen the influx of "flopping" in the last 15 years?
But that's the NBA machine for you. It's makes fouls tackier, to allow for more "good" players. But really, the only GOOD players are those that can beat all the hacking. That's why Jordan, Bird & all of the greats were such standouts. They had the strength, desire, skill & mentality to beat any kind of defense. If a defender does as little as 'breathe' on the ballhandlers now a days, a foul is called.

codes238
01-29-2009, 03:36 AM
he didnt mean to injure him but that was a dirty and lazy play by bynum... why did he have to pick on a guy smaller than him, i used to like andrew but ever since he started winning he's become a huge *******! if he ever waves a hand in someone's face or shows any kind of emotion and competetiveness which david stern disapproves of i say we make a milion threads bashing him on here!

Haran
01-29-2009, 03:45 AM
its pretty obvious that bynum wanted to foul him hard, but Bynum's intent was clear : foul hard and not let him get the basket, he coudlnt makea play at the ball because g-force was already up and would prolly have scored so he tried to take him out by pushing him away from the basket, but instead elbowed him in the ribcage. It is just a sign up his lack of experience in that type of situation. Im sure if it was Shaq or JO they would have just jumped straight up with their arms up and let g-force bounce into them so he would have no way of scoring and would probably land hard but not the the extent to seriously break anything. If your thinking of g-force, think about bynum as well dude is a young dude and just foound out that he just broke another players ribs and gave him a collasped lung. Close as you can get to a near death experience in the NBA :p

Lizard King
01-29-2009, 04:08 AM
If this was KG, this thread would be 17 pages of people *****ing about how KG is officially the dirtiest player in the game, and how he should be suspended for the rest of the season. Please. What Bynum did was wrong. A suspension is due as a punishment. If not, then that proves that Stern is a Laker loving ****.

GspLAL
01-29-2009, 04:21 AM
If this was KG, this thread would be 17 pages of people *****ing about how KG is officially the dirtiest player in the game, and how he should be suspended for the rest of the season. Please. What Bynum did was wrong. A suspension is due as a punishment. If not, then that proves that Stern is a Laker loving ****.

Theres a difference between someone who has had a history for his whole career compared to someone who hasn't.

innovator
01-29-2009, 04:26 AM

cuz garnetts fouls are intentional and bynum's fouls arent

but people wont shut up until bynum gets suspended so league pls suspend bynum for the lakers next 2 games vs. the wolves and the grizzlies even if he doesnt deserve it

codes238
01-29-2009, 04:47 AM
Theres a difference between someone who has had a history for his whole career compared to someone who hasn't.

what history!?!? i would really like to see footage of garnett intentionally trying to injure a player in mid-air...