PDA

View Full Version : Fritsche placed on waivers

messleetch94
01-28-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't think putting him on waivers means they want to call up a 7th d-man. Hartford is a stones throw away. this was one of those little things that had to be done to have more cap flexibility. Fritsche was a throw in in the Zherdev deal. I just don't understand why Sather offered him arbitration, should have let him walk.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Ny rAnGeRS 4EvA
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
whats he making anyways these days would he clear any cap room if he is picked up or anything ???

redwhiteandblue
01-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Not really seeing the point of this... I mean, if were going to waive someone, why not Rissmiller? I feel that every night Fritsche is in the lineup, as opposed to say a guy like Rissmiller who rarely gets dressed, is at least an adequate 3rd/4th line player. I really wish I could see some motivation in this move, but like alot of the things Sather does I'm kinda lost on tryin to figure out his thought process.

SLY WILLIAMS
01-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I believe in order to send a veteran guy like Fritche down to the minors you have to put him on waivers first. Rissmiller went through waivers as well.

messleetch94
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
whats he making anyways these days would he clear any cap room if he is picked up or anything ???

If he clears waivers and is sent to Hartford, the Rangers save about 360,000 against the cap. Their total now is around 1.2 in cap space.

IU Hoosiers 3
01-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Hmm..wouldn't hurt for him to play in Hartford. He shows passion when he plays and is pretty tough so I'd like to see how he does there.

jetsfan89
01-28-2009, 05:08 PM
im sure its cap flexibility plus bringing up a guy like potter or sanguinetti.

letsgorangers27
01-28-2009, 06:02 PM
According to New York Newsday, the Rangers are looking to acquire a defenseman to add depth to their blueline.

The Rangers placed forward Dan Fritsche on waivers yesterday, giving the team some flexibility against the salary cap.

The Rangers have been using six defensemen for most of the season and head coach Tom Renney wouldn't mind some extra support in the backend.

"It would be nice," Renney told Newsday. "In a perfect world, yeah."

Fritsche becomes the second off-season acquisition to be waived, after Patrick Rissmiller was sent down in December.
TFP (http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr090128.html)
yea he was waived for the purpose of calling up saguinetti/potter or even acquiring another depth defenseman. hopefully to get kalinin out of the lineup :pray:

SLY WILLIAMS
01-28-2009, 06:18 PM
I dont know if Bobby is ready for the big show yet but it would be fun to see him play.

C-Rod
01-30-2009, 04:49 AM
this to be the start of the fine tuning for this team...we had too many forwards to begin with.........l wouldn't mind seeing him go down to Hartford and bring up one of the kids..we'll have to see how Glen plays this..l believe for this team to take the next step, 3rd round and on, we have to shore up our defence..way too many turnover's for this defence...Boston on Saturday, is a huge game..Could you imagine Chara in our line-up instead of Redden !!!