PDA

View Full Version : Paul Millsap

bleedprple&gold
01-27-2009, 06:54 PM
How was this guy a second round pick? I saw on espn that he had as many 20-15 games in college as Duncan. You would think that alone would make him a lottery pick. I have a feeling he would have been if he was a couple inches taller, but because he is a little undersized scouts thought that his game wouldn't translate well to the nba. I think scouts put way too much emphasis on physical characteristics (i.e. a guy like Kwame Brown) as opposed to who actually has game.

DerekRE_3
01-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Because he went to a small school. Most people saw him as just a hustle player coming out of college. Also, he was an undersized PF and not quick enough to be a SF. So he came in without a set position. Things like this happen from time to time.

Zefflin
01-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I've always thought Millsap was awesome and wanted him wearing purple and gold.

_Sn1P3r_
01-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Millsap is a nice steal. He stepped in as if Boozer wasn't even out and putting up nice numbers. He'll be a solid player for the Jazz. Plus, I believe he is 23ish.

futureman
01-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Just goes to show that PF's from Louisiana Tech and the Utah Jazz make for a good combination. Him and Bynum would work wonders together if he was on the Lakers but I'm sure things in Utah would have to become a wasteland before that happens.

jimbobjarree
01-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Millsap is awesome, so glad he's with the Jazz, I look forward to the next ten years of greatness from D Will and P Mill

albertc86
01-27-2009, 07:39 PM
I knew this guy would materialize into a good player if given the opportunity. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Boozer gets back.

jimbobjarree
01-27-2009, 07:42 PM
we'll have an awesome front three, and hopefully Okurs production picks up due to the fact that we have 2 players dominant inside so he should get some good looks on the outside

Bandwag0n Hater
01-27-2009, 07:46 PM
played at a small school, undersized for pf and slow for sf. but he obviously has overcome those odds

DerekRE_3
01-27-2009, 09:25 PM
we'll have an awesome front three, and hopefully Okurs production picks up due to the fact that we have 2 players dominant inside so he should get some good looks on the outside

The Paperboy!!!!

Chronz
01-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Im pretty sure he led the nation in PER and Rebound Rate, I have no idea how he fell so far. His athletic markers were all fine, and rebound rates tend to translate very well into the NBA game. Guess they just didnt think he could dominate this well, same thing happened to Landry and hes tearing it up in Houston, probably their 3rd best player.

Kakaroach
01-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Its strange isn't it? Paul Millsap has like 21 double-doubles in 23 starts. I would not be surprised if the Jazz decided to got with him instead of Carlos Boozer. After all, they dont have the money to keep all 3 (Millsap, Okur, Boozer)

dbow1920
01-27-2009, 10:13 PM
the only thing i dont like about him is that he wont ever dunk in nba 2k9

stevefrancis
01-27-2009, 10:50 PM
i always though millsap and landry were equal but its not even close. millsap is a bigger beast than david lee who is always in beast mode.

DerekRE_3
01-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Im pretty sure he led the nation in PER and Rebound Rate, I have no idea how he fell so far. His athletic markers were all fine, and rebound rates tend to translate very well into the NBA game. Guess they just didnt think he could dominate this well, same thing happened to Landry and hes tearing it up in Houston, probably their 3rd best player.

I think he lead the NCAA in rebounding every year he was in college.

lakers4sho
01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Mainly because he's undersized and he came from a lesser-known college.