PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline

bringbackNAMATH
01-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Now, I know it is still relatively early, but after reading about the struggling Ducks I started to wonder if this was at all possible....

The ducks have 11/16 games on the road before the deadline. Odds are they wont do to well. Their GM is going to have to make a decision and might have to get rid of some big names.

We have already brough back rolston, shanny, and Holik....Lets make it four and bring back Scotty Neidermayer for a cup run. Hes one of my favorite Devils and no doubt everyone on the team would be thrilled to see him (me too).
:clap::clap:

What do you guys think?

firecrotchboggs
01-27-2009, 07:44 PM
would love to have him but what would we have to give up

bringbackNAMATH
01-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Dont really know. It depends on how desperate Anaheim is to dumb salary and prepare for the future. Maybe a draft pick or a young star.

Maybe someone like Gionta.

I dont want to get rid of any of our players...but to bring back Neidermayer gives us a much better chance to win. He plays great Defense and is what the NJD are all about.

Note: I AM NOT SAYING TRADE GIONTA! It was just a thought. Maybe Zajac would be bate too....although hes up and coming I want to keep him.

bringbackNAMATH
01-27-2009, 08:03 PM
How about someone like Pandolfo. Hes pissed we are cutting his playing time for Shanny...maybe he would like to go where he can start again...

Sportscenterman
01-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Neidermayer would be awesome to have back on defense for a great run but I agree in that there is not one player I would really want to take out of our starting lineup but if I had to trade anybody my guy would be Pando too although I have tremendous respect for Pando and would be upset if we traded him and he didnt want to do after all he has done for this organization.

JetsYanksDevils
01-28-2009, 09:59 AM
i would trade pando in a heartbeat. I like the guy but he has no use for out team anymore. we should also try giving stevens a call :P

Bricklayer
01-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Ive heard that Pronger may also be on the block if the Ducks continue to slide in the standings, but lets not kid ourselves, Pandolfo isn't enough to get either one of those players.

Other teams will be asking for Tenenby no doubt after a strong world juniors.

Freekshow187187
01-28-2009, 04:25 PM
if the devils would of thought zajac wasnt going to be a good player they wouldnt of left him on lowell nd ow seeing what hes done this year and how much he has improve and also how great he has played with parise this year if lou would trade him then he better quit because that would be the worst move in awhile, are defense is playing good and getting scott back dont think would help that much cause i watched him play this year and have not been impressed so i dont think it would be worth to even consider him thats only they want nothing for him. and gionta has been playing good this year and much better from the last two years and im his biggest fan so i might be a little bias about him but i admit hes been not as good the last couple of years but this year hes skating better playing on the pentalty kill now with parise to show how good hes playing defense and been winning almost all his 1 on 1 battles in every game.

bringbackNAMATH
01-28-2009, 06:36 PM
The devils should not trade Zajac or Gionta. The only player that I think would be considered trade bate is Pandolfo right now. I doubt we can get Neidermayer just for him.

I'm more than happy going into the post season with the roster we have now though too. We are scary good this year. Just wait till Marty comes back

:clap:

firecrotchboggs
01-28-2009, 06:37 PM
yea keep gionta, i would love to have scott back but not willing to give up a ton for him, hes not getting any younger, if we can get him in a steal somehow then obviously, but im content with the team we have now, marty will be our big pickup for the last of the season

JetsYanksDevils
01-28-2009, 07:24 PM
i would trade pando and a 1st pick 4 a player i think this year is looking very promising and 1 more defender would make all our defensmen solid.

Bricklayer
01-29-2009, 12:48 PM
I would consider trading Zubrus as well. I know he has played great for us this year but he has a history of disappearing in the playoffs. Speaking of bringing back ex-devils how about Zubrus and a draft pick to Nashville for Jason Arnott. Jason is great in the playoffs every year, and we all remember the kind of chemistry he had with Elias.

jimmyjames
01-31-2009, 09:47 AM
sign mike liut!

i also heard zarley zalapski is ready to suit up again

JetsYanksDevils
01-31-2009, 11:11 AM
I would consider trading Zubrus as well. I know he has played great for us this year but he has a history of disappearing in the playoffs. Speaking of bringing back ex-devils how about Zubrus and a draft pick to Nashville for Jason Arnott. Jason is great in the playoffs every year, and we all remember the kind of chemistry he had with Elias.

that might be the only trade i would allow with our forwards because elias and arnott have chemistry. other than that i would not trade anyone from our lines cuz there all working good together and i love the debt, like rolston scored 35 goals the past to seasonds and hes on line 3 i love it. I would try gettin a defensmen because that would complete the one minor whole in our lineup because andy greene is just okay so if we bring a guy like niedemyer or something in here that would fill that gap tremendously

bringbackNAMATH
02-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Idk how I feel about trading Zubrus. I love our team right now and have no idea how much any trade is going to cost us. I dont think Arnott is going to come cheap. A 1 for 1 trade Arnott for Zubrus doesnt seem possible.

I think we are the best team in hockey...the only team that could be better is San Jose. Devs just need to make sure that other contenders dont make all these moves to get ahead of us.

I would like someone like Arnott, Neidermayer, Pronger....but truthfully we dont need them.

oh...off topic...but kudos to Jamie Langenbrunner for 6 goals in 3 games. Way to step it up kid. :clap::clap::clap:

bringbackNAMATH
02-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Colin White is injured for possibly a while. No doubt we trade for a defenseman now. BRING BACK NEIDERMAYER

BranWingss
02-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Great old time NJ HOCKEY. Brenden Morrison for a little more depth was be fun to watch too.

bringbackNAMATH
02-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Colin White is injured for possibly a while. No doubt we trade for a defenseman now. BRING BACK NEIDERMAYER

Hey, I read the same news report you did, but Colin White has yet to miss any games. He is still averaging 20+ minutes a game too. I guess whoever reported he broke his hand and was going to be out a long time was full of crap. Terrible reporting. :mad:

Altho C-White is healthy so :clap::clap::clap:

JetsYanksDevils
02-16-2009, 10:12 AM
since theres no thread for it i just wanna say im ****in pumped we beat the bruins and sharks back to back

Nascar-NJDevils
02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
since theres no thread for it i just wanna say im ****in pumped we beat the bruins and sharks back to back

I double that. I was at the game against the Sharks yesterday and the Rock was ROCKIN'. I can't wait when Marty comes back in two weeks, they'll be unstoppable.

i also heard zarley zalapski is ready to suit up again

:laugh: Too funny.

Jersey Mike
02-16-2009, 12:49 PM
yeah, this is true team chemistry...clemmesen stood tall against the bruins when our offense sputtered and our offense stood tall against the sharks and the goalie with the best save percentage in the NHL at this point...A LOT of players have stepped up and earned their money this season...After marty getting hurt early on, I NEVER would have thought that wins like this were possible...I say we are in the running for the cup this season...

birdrock7525
02-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Just want to say that I would have no problem standing pat. The team is really solid right now, all 4 lines + defense. But my question is if management thinks Brodeur could handle the load, what kind of value does Clemmer have on the market. Can we package him, Pando and maybe a pick or prospect for a big time defensemen?

Nascar-NJDevils
02-19-2009, 02:15 PM
I think Clemmer is staying put. I really think next season that Marty will not be playing his normal 70 to 75 games. I say between 55 to 65 games will keep him fresh. That leaves Clemmer with between 17 and 27 games . The two goalie system seems to be working for the Bruins and RedWings so why not the Devils. This way Marty will be fresh for the playoffs and once the playoffs start then Marty can play ever game.

NjDevilsFan
02-20-2009, 01:15 PM
That sounds amazing but I'm not sure if that would work out. Brodeur really could use the rest and Clemmensen has proved he's a more then capable back-up and can handle the load in between Marty's games but will he stay? The guy helped the Devils win a lot of games this year I think he's gonna want a raise.

JetsYanksDevils
02-20-2009, 07:03 PM
i say we see how marty looks i have a feeling that his elbow will be fine but if it isnt we give clemmens however much money he wants he is leading us to the playoffs, with a bad goalie this wouldve been a throw away year

Bricklayer
02-21-2009, 12:05 PM
i say we see how marty looks i have a feeling that his elbow will be fine but if it isnt we give clemmens however much money he wants he is leading us to the playoffs, with a bad goalie this wouldve been a throw away year

:rolleyes: Knee jerk reaction much. Lou knows better than that.

tigeronio
02-21-2009, 11:43 PM
I think Clemmensen has played fantastic with Marty out. I won't lie, I was completely bummed when Marty got hurt. I was with EVERYONE else thinking NJ's season was done. Clemmensen hsa been great. With Marty coming back now, how much will Clemmensen really play anyway? Trade Clemmer while he's hot to a team that needs an actual starter for somebody to help with a push for the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I think Scotty is great and I appreciate all he did for the team this year, but trade him now before he loses his value now that Marty is coming back. Don't keep him because of sentimental reasons. Look what happened with Brylin. Sure, I liked Brylin, but seriously, what kind of offensive threat was he? Trade Clemmensen while he's got some of the best goaltending numbers in the league, better than MOST starters, while his stats are hot.

JetsYanksDevils
02-22-2009, 09:22 PM
I think Clemmensen has played fantastic with Marty out. I won't lie, I was completely bummed when Marty got hurt. I was with EVERYONE else thinking NJ's season was done. Clemmensen hsa been great. With Marty coming back now, how much will Clemmensen really play anyway? Trade Clemmer while he's hot to a team that needs an actual starter for somebody to help with a push for the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I think Scotty is great and I appreciate all he did for the team this year, but trade him now before he loses his value now that Marty is coming back. Don't keep him because of sentimental reasons. Look what happened with Brylin. Sure, I liked Brylin, but seriously, what kind of offensive threat was he? Trade Clemmensen while he's got some of the best goaltending numbers in the league, better than MOST starters, while his stats are hot.

Dude i actually think this is a pretty good idea and i think we could get a very good player for him and stuff. The only thing is i feel that would be pretty dooshy of us cuz he has lead us to the point we are at. I dont think we should do it for that reason but it is a really good idea plus lou lamoriello has no heart and would do something like that lol

tigeronio
02-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Right now NJ should find someone off Buffalo to trade for. Clemmensen is playing great and Miller is injured. Buffalo needs a new goaltender, who can we get? It's perfect. I think the only problem is Lou doesn't like trading within the same conference.

BranWingss
02-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Needs

#1 Ed Jovinoski
#2 Scotty Upshall
#3 Scott Neidermayer
#4 Jason Blake
#5 Derek Morris