PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Clippers so bad????

Iman5830
01-27-2009, 05:09 PM
When you look at this team, they seem pretty good. If not for the injuries, they would have an all-star point guard, a great rookie, one of the best defensive centers, and two more all-star forwards. My real question is, if their linep doesn't completely implode and they trade one of their centers for a small forward (provided they're healthy) are they a legit contender?

arlubas
01-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Dude, I'm a clippers fan but I've come to terms with reality. We could get Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Lebron James to play for us and fate would still find a way for us to end up in the lottery.

Gibby23
01-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I think if they would have had a healthy line up of BD, Gordan, Thortan, Camby, Kaman, and Z-Bo off the bench they would have been good. But they had late additions and players get hurt.

Zefflin
01-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Haha, that LA team has 0000000000 chemistry.

KobeIs
01-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Dude, I'm a clippers fan but I've come to terms with reality. We could get Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Lebron James to play for us and fate would still find a way for us to end up in the lottery.

lol couldnt have said it any better

Kyben36
01-27-2009, 05:36 PM
The need bench help. I also dont know how their coaching is.

MoBASS
01-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Mike Dunleavy: he sucks the life out of his players with his system.

They're like butterflies trapped in sandwich bags.

Dmagic87
01-27-2009, 05:48 PM
It is the coach obviously... How does that guy still have a job? I find it ridiculous. BD has always been a winner. He won on GS and was terrific as a Hornet. Camby is great defesively. Kaman is a center I would like to have. ZBO does kill chemistry. That was not a good move. Eric Gordon is the real deal.

It is simple. First you trade Kaman for something of value. Maybe a late first rounder. I am sure the Spurs would love to have him.

Your line should be

BD
Gordon
Thorton
Zach
Camby

When healthy that should be good.

Let BD be BD, he is crazy but will win.

bahama0811
01-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Camby's not great defensively. He's always just waiting near the lane to block someone's shot. He's not a very good post defender, pretty soft. Once he left the Nuggs our D got 10 times better. He's overrated.

unwantedplayer
01-27-2009, 05:53 PM
One word: Injuries.

Iron24th
01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Because they're the clippers.

lakers4sho
01-27-2009, 06:08 PM
It is the coach obviously... How does that guy still have a job?

Because the owner is cheap is doesn't want to hire two guys to do the coaching and the GM duties.

IndyRealist
01-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Isn't their coach, Mike Dunleavy Sr., also acting as team president? Never a good situation, ask Knick or Heat fans about that one.

Baron Davis needs to have a team and style of play constructed to suit him. He was never going to fit into a lineup with Kaman, let alone Randolph.

Eric Gordon and Al Thornton are both the Real Deal. Scrap the rest of it, that's your core players.

Trouble87
01-27-2009, 06:16 PM
The Clippers arent that bad ... they've had some horrible seasons but i remember not too long ago the Clips were playoff contenders (05/06 season)

Right now the team got hit by the injury stick & cant get up.... once players get healthy you should have a pretty decent team

O and stop wasting draft picks Yaroslav Korolev at 12 overall in 05 was the worst pick ive seen in a long time

td0tsfinest
01-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Its only fair. :p
The Lakers are the best team in the west, so its only fair that the clippers are lottery bound. :p

I've always thought they were poorly managed. Though they've always had quality players like Brand and Maggette and at one time were actually strong in the west, they haven't really put consistent seasons.

I'm really suprised they aren't better but I guess one big problem is injuries. Than there is also some internal problems; I've heard that some players don't like Dunleavy's system. Their bench is really weak. And their management makes some weird choices. Does anyone know why they signed Jason Williams?

KiLLA RAiDER
01-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Games arnt played on paper. I thought they would be a good team as well but i guess i thought wrong!

Gup
01-27-2009, 06:34 PM
injuries x 2

ALQ20
01-27-2009, 06:52 PM
dunleavy sux balls

NYMetros
01-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Well...
1. Their bench is terrible.
2. Coaching isn't great.
3. Lack a true inside scoring presence.
4. They can't score.
5. They can't play defense.
6. They're the Clippers. :D

KB24PG16
01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
i always wondered that i think one of the main reasons are injuries

ElMarroAfamado
01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
our injuries are terrible
baron davis
marcus camby
zach randolph
chris kaman

thats arguably our starting lineup and guys keep falling left n right
without those guys healthy, WE ARE THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.....

but yeah...its like putting on a Clippers uniform sucks the life out of every player
personally i think we should change our damn name or colors or something

theres a reason these guys have been out so long
im sure they are like
"eh **** it we are losing whats the point of going back"

we are a disgrace and if we are already not the laughing stock of the league like years past i blame it all on Mike Dunleavy...

Lost Art
01-27-2009, 08:57 PM
It must be tough to see the rim when you're playing in the darkness of the Lakers shadow :D

Just like Danny Devito in "Twins", they are the crap leftover :laugh:

LA_cabals
01-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Answer: MIKE DUNLEAVY

The man does NOT stop yelling at his players while their on the court PLAYING! Whether they're on offense or defense, he is constantly yelling at his players to tell them what to do, what play to run, who to cover, where to stand, etc etc. How are they supposed to play the game and simultaneously listen to their coach who will not shut up.

Baron Davis is the type of player who likes to create shots for himself and the team. This is what he does best, and he is not allowed that freedom with Dunleavy on the sidelines. Dunleavy did a great job putting the roster together, and that is what he should do. Stick to being a being a GM.

So to sum it all up, Dunleavy needs to stop MICRO-MANAGING the game.

JIDsanity
01-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Fate

Hawkeye15
01-27-2009, 09:45 PM
I mean no offense to Clippers fans, but the answer is in the question. They are the Clippers, that is why. Horrible luck, bad management, etc, etc.

Kakaroach
01-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Well it's true that Mike Dunleavy is a GM, not an NBA coach. I think Baron Davis has been tanking it and is still mad that the management of the Clippers let Corey Maggete and Elton Brand both go. I mean seriously? At least try to keep one.

stevefrancis
01-27-2009, 09:54 PM
well take 4 starters out from any team and wouldnt they suck. why are the wizards bad because injuries dam you guys really don't think. wats up with that define tmac thread. how many tmac threads are there every week. somebody make a thread to ban tmac threads im sick of seeing his crap we get it hes injured all the time he's puhsee and doesn't know how to get pass the first round.

lorenz00
01-27-2009, 09:55 PM
lack of chemistry + people are getting hurt? haha same with my raps!!

Lakersfan2483
01-27-2009, 10:06 PM
When you look at this team, they seem pretty good. If not for the injuries, they would have an all-star point guard, a great rookie, one of the best defensive centers, and two more all-star forwards. My real question is, if their linep doesn't completely implode and they trade one of their centers for a small forward (provided they're healthy) are they a legit contender?

The Clippers need better leadership from the ownership on down, Sterling has been a terrible owner and has ruined the franchise. The main thing for the Clips to do is to get better management and everything else will improve as a result.....

JMKnick33
01-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Because they're the clippers.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chronz
01-27-2009, 10:20 PM
We suck because we lack talent, a team cant be considered talented if they are never on the floor together. Especially when injuries are compounded by the fact that people overrate our players to begin with, I cant begin to express my disbelief in how many people have faith in Thornton becoming a stud. You cant win if you dont play with cohesion and trust, these guys never play together so it limits how effective they can be. If everyone were on the same page we mightve had 36wins by the end of the year and thats still not good enough. We need some legit players here in LA. We shouldnt have 1 ****** franchise and 1 transcendent one, we should have 2 dominant LA teams.

Sixerlover
01-27-2009, 10:22 PM
...The Rays made the WS, The Cardinals made the Superbowl....

THE CLIPPERS WILL BE IN THE 2010 NBA FINALS!!!!!!!

Kakaroach
01-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Lol Sixerlover. Unfortunately, the Cardinals and the Rays were good to start off the season. The Clippers have had no such luck. Granted, lots of that is due to injuries. The Clippers are probably the second worst team in the west, only followed by the Grizzlies.

cali72888
01-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Dunleavy is the worst coach ever.
Simple as that.

njnets09
01-27-2009, 11:50 PM
because dunleavy sucks as a coach. and they should have never given that huge contract to baron davis. he has completely played the opposite of what his potential could have been.

Korman12
01-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Dunleavy is the worst coach ever.
Simple as that.

Isiah.

king4day
01-28-2009, 12:09 AM
They are so bad cuz they are so injured

dodgernation
01-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Everyone gets hurt! Camby, Davis, Kaman i dont know why they signed two injury prone FA's. stupid IMO

cali72888
01-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Its not that everyone get hurt, its that Dunleavy plays everyone until they get hurt.
You know Baron cannot carry the load by himself, he is known to get hurt if given alot of minutes.

Dunleavy has a responsibility to coach the team significantly according to where his players are health wise and to according to his players abilities, he does none of that.

I really think Isah is a better coach then Dunleavy.

blackjack_119
01-28-2009, 04:43 PM
...The Rays made the WS, The Cardinals made the Superbowl....

THE CLIPPERS WILL BE IN THE 2010 NIT FINALS!!!!!!!

Corrected... but they will still lose in the finals.

Iman5830
01-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Many of you are blaming this failure on mike dunleavy, which is fair considering his inefficiency, but in all honesty even if he werent the coach, unless the players become healed and you get rid of one of your big men, this team still wouldnt be a contender

cambovenzi
01-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Isiah.

i think isiah was underrated.
..which isnt very hard to be when people are calling you the worst ever.
they almost made the playoffs that one time.

JRisdabest
01-29-2009, 05:38 PM
cippers have a decent team but they are injured...maybe next yr