PDA

View Full Version : The Celtics

ragee
01-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Do guys guys think we can beat em in the Playoffs? I just hope we can be on the second or first spot so the Cavs can take care of them... I do think we can handle the Cavs and they can handle the Celtics better than us...

BoSawx22
01-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I think we could take the Celts if it went 6 or 7 games.....but I agree that the Cavs could probably handle them a little bit better. I would guess we are either gonna get the first or second seed in the East, and the recent West Coast roadtrip shows what the team is capable of when they are playing at their best.

Bengals1fan
01-27-2009, 07:18 PM
2 say that Cavs match up better than us is a lil crazy. Our problem is not hitting open shots in BIG GAMES, Dwight gets in foul trouble in BIG GAMES, and he doesnt play like Superman.....IN BIG GAMES. Orlando destroys anyone else they play. They dont miss the shots, D 12 is never in foul trouble, and he always plays well. Take care of that and the Celts/Cavs dont scare me

ragee
01-28-2009, 01:24 AM
2 say that Cavs match up better than us is a lil crazy. Our problem is not hitting open shots in BIG GAMES, Dwight gets in foul trouble in BIG GAMES, and he doesnt play like Superman.....IN BIG GAMES. Orlando destroys anyone else they play. They dont miss the shots, D 12 is never in foul trouble, and he always plays well. Take care of that and the Celts/Cavs dont scare me

The Cavs, no but the Celts, I don't know... I don't want to find that out in the playoffs! i'd rather not face them! The reason I said that is this... We usually play an inside out game... We let Dwight do the pounding then when he gets doubled, we rotate the ball to the open man for a jumper... That more open shots we get, the more points we get... However, If you do that against the Celtics, we will not get as much open shots as we usually get coz they are the best in rotating and helping out in defense... Some may argue that the Cavs has the best defense but Celtics are the best at rotating and that is where we usually torch our opponents...

macc
01-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I think we can beat them but we just have to give credit where credit is due. The Celtics are tough. They play some of the best D in the league if not the best. Actually last year when we played them Lewis said that was the best D he has ever faced. I think we can hang with them for the most part, where our advantage is, is our bench, I believe we have a better bench then the Celtics do. So if we can keep it close for most of the game and our bench steps up for us we can pull out wins. With MP back that really helps us space the floor, because when we played the Celtics twice this year they did a good job guarding the peremeter. With MP just like he did against the Pacers, he can drive and dish at any given time he wants so that really helps us out in that dept.

ragee
01-28-2009, 05:09 PM
I think we can beat them but we just have to give credit where credit is due. The Celtics are tough. They play some of the best D in the league if not the best. Actually last year when we played them Lewis said that was the best D he has ever faced. I think we can hang with them for the most part, where our advantage is, is our bench, I believe we have a better bench then the Celtics do. So if we can keep it close for most of the game and our bench steps up for us we can pull out wins. With MP back that really helps us space the floor, because when we played the Celtics twice this year they did a good job guarding the peremeter. With MP just like he did against the Pacers, he can drive and dish at any given time he wants so that really helps us out in that dept.

Huh? I love the Magic but they have one of the most shallow roster in the NBA... Who do we have? Now that Pietrus is back, He or Lee can be our sixth man... Other than that, who else? The Celts have Powe, Cassell, Tony Allen, House and maybe Big Baby... I think the only way we can eat the Celts is for Dwight to dominate every game like what he did against the Raptors last year... It is going to be hard because the Celtics' defense is suffocating but it is possible...

MAC10TIZZY
01-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Huh? I love the Magic but they have one of the most shallow roster in the NBA... Who do we have? Now that Pietrus is back, He or Lee can be our sixth man... Other than that, who else? The Celts have Powe, Cassell, Tony Allen, House and maybe Big Baby... I think the only way we can eat the Celts is for Dwight to dominate every game like what he did against the Raptors last year... It is going to be hard because the Celtics' defense is suffocating but it is possible...

we are in desperate need of a back up point gaurd......i see two things wrong with us this year...one is anthony johnson, ya there is worse but we are competing for a championship this year, WE NEED ANOTHER GOOD POINT GAURD....number two we need to reach out to dwight to stop pitty fouling and stop mother f'n goaltending, if its blockable block it, if its not , let it go........last nite was a much need win

Bengals1fan
01-28-2009, 08:39 PM
good point REGEE ....u 2 MAC

ragee
01-29-2009, 01:36 AM
we are in desperate need of a back up point gaurd......i see two things wrong with us this year...one is anthony johnson, ya there is worse but we are competing for a championship this year, WE NEED ANOTHER GOOD POINT GAURD....number two we need to reach out to dwight to stop pitty fouling and stop mother f'n goaltending, if its blockable block it, if its not , let it go........last nite was a much need win

Nah... I'm ok with the Goaltending... He is being aggressive and thats a good thing... ON the PG issue, we should get Marcus Williams next year! I think GS is going to let him go...

macc
01-29-2009, 11:28 AM

I honestly don't think our bench is shallow at all. Agree or disagree. MP, Reddick, Bogans or Gortat could be in alot of the NBA teams starting line ups? I would take our bench over the celtics bench anyday.

Powe - energy guy, will get some good rebounds and has some decent post up. Very inconsistant though. Passes on wide open shots or drives to the lane. Not very confident in his game. Or at least it looks like that when he plays.

Cassell - Doesn't get really any min. He can still knock down an open shot but he's done creating his own shot and dishing out like he used to.

Tony Allen - prob the most talented but extremely inconsistant. Some nights he'll knock down 5 straigt shots, the next night he'll be 1-4. You don't know what you're gonna get from him.

House - When his shot is on he's unstoppable, but that's the key, when his shot is on. If it isn't then he's just an nba player taking bad shots early in the shot clock.

Big baby - could be better if he lost weight. He doesn't get the nba quite yet and makes bad fouls all the time. Rivers will actually put him in the game and take him out the second he creates a stupid foul just to prove a point he needs to improve his defense.

In all honesty I'm not to worried about their bench. It's the big 3 + Rondo we have to worry about.

Somone said we need a backup point. I agree with this but I think our # 1 priorty is a PF that can bang and give D12 some help. AJ isn't that great but Turk and Lee play alot of point so that gets us by for the most part. Savy?

ragee
01-30-2009, 10:14 PM
I honestly don't think our bench is shallow at all. Agree or disagree. MP, Reddick, Bogans or Gortat could be in alot of the NBA teams starting line ups? I would take our bench over the celtics bench anyday.

Powe - energy guy, will get some good rebounds and has some decent post up. Very inconsistant though. Passes on wide open shots or drives to the lane. Not very confident in his game. Or at least it looks like that when he plays.

Cassell - Doesn't get really any min. He can still knock down an open shot but he's done creating his own shot and dishing out like he used to.

Tony Allen - prob the most talented but extremely inconsistant. Some nights he'll knock down 5 straigt shots, the next night he'll be 1-4. You don't know what you're gonna get from him.

House - When his shot is on he's unstoppable, but that's the key, when his shot is on. If it isn't then he's just an nba player taking bad shots early in the shot clock.

Big baby - could be better if he lost weight. He doesn't get the nba quite yet and makes bad fouls all the time. Rivers will actually put him in the game and take him out the second he creates a stupid foul just to prove a point he needs to improve his defense.

In all honesty I'm not to worried about their bench. It's the big 3 + Rondo we have to worry about.

Somone said we need a backup point. I agree with this but I think our # 1 priorty is a PF that can bang and give D12 some help. AJ isn't that great but Turk and Lee play alot of point so that gets us by for the most part. Savy?

I have to disagree with you here MACC.... Reddick? Starter? I don't think so... It may be an argument on who has the better bench but I do think our roster is shallow... I still love the Magic though!!! It was a nice game yesterday! Can finally shut some cavs fans' mouths!

macc
01-31-2009, 11:33 AM
I have to disagree with you here MACC.... Reddick? Starter? I don't think so... It may be an argument on who has the better bench but I do think our roster is shallow... I still love the Magic though!!! It was a nice game yesterday! Can finally shut some cavs fans' mouths!

Ya no doubt it was a great game. I'm just glad we blew them out. I honestly don't think the Cavs are as good as their record says they are.

ragee
01-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Ya no doubt it was a great game. I'm just glad we blew them out. I honestly don't think the Cavs are as good as their record says they are.

You got that right... Lebron is but not the rest of the Cavs...

MagicBucsSox
02-02-2009, 10:43 PM
even though we had our worse game all year when we played them , absolutely not until we get another big, atleast a channing frye

ragee
02-03-2009, 03:51 PM
even though we had our worse game all year when we played them , absolutely not until we get another big, atleast a channing frye

With the right player/s we can actually get him... The Blazers are not using him a lot lately coz they are using Outlaw as a PF when LA rests... Plus, I don't actually think he will be resigning with the Blazers and the management knows that so I think they would trade him just for the sake of getting something in return rather than losing him in the free agency...

domd85
02-06-2009, 01:24 PM
i feel a first time championship this year

Campy
02-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I love the Magic, but I feel the Celts always give us too hard of a time! If we could play team defense instead of jus relying on d12 to carry the defensive load in big games I would be much more confident.