PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire speculation

JordansBulls
01-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I am not too familiar with how Bosh is doing in Toronto as far as him wanting out or if the Raptors are thinking of trading him, but it seems the Suns may be willing to trade Amare at this point.

If this is case, then why not do a Bosh for Amare swap. That would help both teams out and both teams won't have the distraction as much.

I also think Bosh would fit next to Shaq better as well while Amare would fit better in Toronto.

Just my .02 cents

Kaptain Kanada
01-27-2009, 03:35 PM
How would trading Bosh for Amare help Toronto? Curious on that one.

da wood
01-27-2009, 03:36 PM
you know jordanbulls i don't agree with you much but on this one i have to agree that would be a good swap straight upor you can even trow in a barbosa and a kapono.

THE MTL
01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Chris Bosh and Amare are both leaving in 2010.

Phoenix Suns will be a disaster post 2010. No Nash, No Shaq, No Grant Hill, No 2010 pick (goes to Thunder and is unprotected).

WoJo50
01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
.02 cents is not the same as 2 cents.

.02 cents is actually 1/5 of a cent, lol

its a lateral move. wont help either team.

da wood
01-27-2009, 03:38 PM
How would trading Bosh for Amare help Toronto? Curious on that one.

because amares weaknesses are jo's strenths and viceversa

pebloemer
01-27-2009, 03:38 PM
I am not too familiar with how Bosh is doing in Toronto as far as him wanting out or if the Raptors are thinking of trading him, but it seems the Suns may be willing to trade Amare at this point.

If this is case, then why not do a Bosh for Amare swap. That would help both teams out and both teams won't have the distraction as much.

I also think Bosh would fit next to Shaq better as well while Amare would fit better in Toronto.

Just my .02 cents

I don't think there is any distraction in Toronto. There is no trade talk. There are no indications that Bosh has asked or will ask for a trade. We don't know what he will do in 2010, but that is a long time away. Based on personalities, I think Bosh would be more likely to stay past 2010 than Amare so I personally see more distraction for Toronto out of that trade.

Kaptain Kanada
01-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Isn't Amare a known head case though with a me first attitude? Not really what Colangelo is looking for in a player it seems.

da wood
01-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't think there is any distraction in Toronto. There is no trade talk. There are no indications that Bosh has asked or will ask for a trade. We don't know what he will do in 2010, but that is a long time away. Based on personalities, I think Bosh would be more likely to stay past 2010 than Amare so I personally see more distraction for Toronto out of that trade.

well it has been said that bosh will head to a bigger market like home to one of the texas teams where he's from

Kaptain Kanada
01-27-2009, 03:40 PM

Doesn't .2 = 1/5 of a cent? lol

.02 would be 1/50th of a cent

DrDEADalready
01-27-2009, 03:41 PM

Lol thats true. You should try to youtube a video of a guy calling Verizon i think. about his bill how it was so and so amount for a mb of internet. but they charged them this amount. Man he punked them good. he was smart at the math stuff

DrDEADalready
01-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Doesn't .2 = 1/5 of a cent? lol

.02 would be 1/50th of a cent

No wait thats the true one

da wood
01-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Isn't Amare a known head case though with a me first attitude? Not really what Colangelo is looking for in a player it seems.

thats true but with the offense now running through shaq he's just not getting the touches which has made him unhappy i think bosh can play off shaq alot better and in toronto amare will put up major numbers. trust me

JordansBulls
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM

1.00 = $1 dollar

.20 = $.20 Cents

.02 = $.02 Cents

What's the problem here?

If you don't believe me then divide 2/100 and see what you get?:D

Kaptain Kanada
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
So Phoenix gets the player that works for them.... and we get Amare based on trusting you? ;)

Tblaze
01-27-2009, 03:47 PM
well amare wants to be the first option on the team, in toronto he could be that guy.

And like someone pointed out earlier, Amare might actually fit pretty well with JO..

And well Bosh would be a nice fit for phoenix I think

It's not that bad of an idea but I'm slightly biased towards phoenix.

daleja424
01-27-2009, 03:48 PM
1.00 = $1 dollar

.20 = $.20 Cents

.02 = $.02 Cents

What's the problem here?

sorry dude...thats wrong

1.00= 1 dollar=100 cents
.20= .2 dollars= 20 cents
.02= .02 dollars = 2 cents

you meant thats your 2 (two) cents...not your .02 (point-zero-two) cents

canzano55
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
If Amare's contract expired in 2011 then I would definitely consider this trade.

But seeing as how Bosh is our captain and an iconic player in the city of Toronto, the trade makes no sense. This isn't a slant against Amare, he's a great player no doubt, its just that we can't afford the time for Amare to learn a new team and system because its a lateral move that makes things complicated instead of fixing anything.

thephoenixson28
Actually .02 is 2 cents just like .50 is 50 cents and 2.00 is 2 dollars didn't you guys go to school. Jordanbulls we already barked up that tree, but canada fans aint trying to have it.

Kaptain Kanada
sorry dude...thats wrong

1.00= 1 dollar=100 cents
.20= .2 dollars= 20 cents
.02= .02 dollars = 2 cents

you meant thats your 2 (two) cents...not your .02 (point-zero-two) cents

I think this will clear everything up:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=D2isSJKntbg&feature=related

-Juice-

Phoenix Suns will be a disaster post 2010. No Nash, No Shaq, No Grant Hill, No 2010 pick (goes to Thunder and is unprotected).

That doesn't sound like much of a disaster. They have the money to sign two players to max contracts and probably another good role player just in one off-season. Getting rid of 2 old guys and potentially getting 2 all-stars in return sounds like a good trade off for me.

da wood
no not trusting me based on he has the ability to put those numbers up on a night in and night out basis and his body will hold up while doing it plus he is a crowd attraction so it will bring in more money for your city trust me its a win win for both parties involved.

ramansingh3
01-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Amare is a downgrade to Bosh. He has trouble creating his own shot. Bosh is a smarter and more complete player at the 4 spot than Amare. Kevin Garnett said that he is glad he will be retired by the time Chris Bosh hits his prime.'' That says a lot there.

Kaptain Kanada
01-27-2009, 03:50 PM
no not trusting me based on he has the ability to put those numbers up on a night in and night out basis and his body will hold up while doing it plus he is a crowd attraction so it will bring in more money for your city trust me its a win win for both parties involved.

You're assuming that Bosh isn't already a huge fan favorite here. Which he is, I really doubt that Amare would be more of a draw than Bosh.

DrDEADalready
01-27-2009, 03:51 PM
1.00 = $1 dollar

.20 = $.20 Cents

.02 = $.02 Cents

What's the problem here?

What they are saying is. instead of you saying 2 cents. you said .02 cent.

.02 of 1 cent. so really you said 1/50th of a whole cent. But I know what you ment :D

Tom81
01-27-2009, 03:51 PM
I take Bosh but he have too many injurys.

da wood
01-27-2009, 03:52 PM
If Amare's contract expired in 2011 then I would definitely consider this trade.

But seeing as how Bosh is our captain and an iconic player in the city of Toronto, the trade makes no sense. This isn't a slant against Amare, he's a great player no doubt, its just that we can't afford the time for Amare to learn a new team and system because its a lateral move that makes things complicated instead of fixing anything.

that doesn't make sense because niether team run a cpmplicated system its a easy swap

da wood
01-27-2009, 03:54 PM
You're assuming that Bosh isn't already a huge fan favorite here. Which he is, I really doubt that Amare would be more of a draw than Bosh.

i'll take that bet in vegas amare is well and above a better draw in the city you just don't see it because thats you city take some advise from someone on the outside looking in

pebloemer
01-27-2009, 03:54 PM
well it has been said that bosh will head to a bigger market like home to one of the texas teams where he's from

Said by who? It is all speculation as far as I am concerned. Bosh has openly stated he has no clue what he will do and he won't think about it until closer to 2010. If we knew he was leaving, why wouldn't we wait until next year's trade deadline to make a deal rather than trade for a player who will leave in 2010 as well?

DrDEADalready
01-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Actually .02 is 2 cents just like .50 is 50 cents and 2.00 is 2 dollars didn't you guys go to school. Jordanbulls we already barked up that tree, but canada fans aint trying to have it.

Well if your talking about dollars then your right. .50 dollars equals 50cents.
but if your talking about .50cents that 1/2 of a full cent. make sense.?

da wood
01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
of course he will say that i've heard that on psd by the way but thats what he supposed to say nip it in the bud so it doesn't linger unlike what lbj did. chris did do the right thing but its also said that mark cuban has a love affair the the guy and will be trying to get him. don't know how true that is but we will see

canzano55
01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
that doesn't make sense because niether team run a cpmplicated system its a easy swapIts a swap that doesn't fill any of our needs and so its pointless. That's my point.

"Uh oh Amare isn't enjoying himself, lets ship him off to Toronto, where they will surely part with Bosh because hes' not that important to the Raptors either". lol

Kaptain Kanada
01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
i'll take that bet in vegas amare is well and above a better draw in the city you just don't see it because thats you city take some advise from someone on the outside looking in

That is a very uneducated statement.

How would some guy who's flown into Toronto be a bigger draw than Chris Bosh???

Bosh has only been with us since the day he was drafted, and has been the face of the franchise for the last couple years. If you think Amare somehow brings our attendance up, you're insane.

Why isn't Phoenix higher than Toronto in attendance already if Amare is such a huge draw???? Plus they have Nash and Shaq there, who are both bigger draws than Amare in my opinion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

da wood
01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
naw not like that my man we just stating that it would be a great trade for both teams we aren't saying that it will happen playboy and honestly it will be a great trade amare because he has such of an aggresive style would dominate in the east trust me on that.

pebloemer
01-27-2009, 04:05 PM
of course he will say that i've heard that on psd by the way but thats what he supposed to say nip it in the bud so it doesn't linger unlike what lbj did. chris did do the right thing but its also said that mark cuban has a love affair the the guy and will be trying to get him. don't know how true that is but we will see

Indeed of course he would say it. So what more is there than speculation at this point? Do you honestly think the Raptor's would trade the player they have been building around because of speculation from the media that he may leave? Mark Cuban can try as hard as he wants, it is Bosh's decision. And if the decision is about the money, then my knowledge of the cap is that the team with a players' rights can offer larger contracts than teams trying to acquire a new players. If the decision is about winning, than wouldn't it make more sense to ride him until the deadline next year to try and be successful in that regard? I don't see how Amare would help the Raptors' situation in any of these matters. I personally see Amare more likely to walk away in 2010 than Bosh.

da wood
01-27-2009, 04:09 PM
That is a very uneducated statement.

How would some guy who's flown into Toronto be a bigger draw than Chris Bosh???

Bosh has only been with us since the day he was drafted, and has been the face of the franchise for the last couple years. If you think Amare somehow brings our attendance up, you're insane.

Why isn't Phoenix higher than Toronto in attendance already if Amare is such a huge draw???? Plus they have Nash and Shaq there, who are both bigger draws than Amare in my opinion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance
i see you are doing your homework but i will say this and leave it alone. phx is a smaller market than toranto but thats has nothing to do with what i'm talking about. its useless for me to explain because you are bies kind of the way i would act if you would start saying something like trading kobe you know but all i'm giving you a a by pardeson point of view my man and thats it.

Kaptain Kanada
01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
i see you are doing your homework but i will say this and leave it alone. phx is a smaller market than toranto but thats has nothing to do with what i'm talking about. its useless for me to explain because you are bies kind of the way i would act if you would start saying something like trading kobe you know but all i'm giving you a a by pardeson point of view my man and thats it.

We'll agree to disagree on this one.

Get someone else here to say that Amare would be a bigger draw in Toronto than Bosh. I'd be impressed with that.

da wood
01-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Indeed of course he would say it. So what more is there than speculation at this point? Do you honestly think the Raptor's would trade the player they have been building around because of speculation from the media that he may leave? Mark Cuban can try as hard as he wants, it is Bosh's decision. And if the decision is about the money, then my knowledge of the cap is that the team with a players' rights can offer larger contracts than teams trying to acquire a new players. If the decision is about winning, than wouldn't it make more sense to ride him until the deadline next year to try and be successful in that regard? I don't see how Amare would help the Raptors' situation in any of these matters. I personally see Amare more likely to walk away in 2010 than Bosh.

my man i just said what i heard frankly i could careless if yall traed him i believe the thread was started on a what if bases anyways right al i am saying is that i thin for what you guys have right now i think amare is a better fit as i think bosh is a better fit for the suns thats all i'm not saying any one is better than the other.

pebloemer
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
my man i just said what i heard frankly i could careless if yall traed him i believe the thread was started on a what if bases anyways right al i am saying is that i thin for what you guys have right now i think amare is a better fit as i think bosh is a better fit for the suns thats all i'm not saying any one is better than the other.

Sorry if it seemed like I was on your ***. I just don't see how that would be a good trade for the franchise presently or moving forward and was challenging the points because I disagree with them. I personally don't know which one is better than the other. I think both have sub-par defense, Amare is more explosive and finishes better, but Bosh gets to the line better and has a better ball IQ. Pretty evenly matched players IMO. To me it just seems like a lateral move which confuses the direction moving forward for the team.

kntresistheheat
01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
This is a pointless arguement, because the raptors have not mention anything about bosh moving anywhere unless 2010 comes around and he decides to leave? Amare does not want to be a second or third option and the raps already have Bargs which is playing off his mind and jose too. I do see Amare going to new york with Diantoni but I doubt the knicks have anything that will attract the suns?

Frank Costanza
01-27-2009, 04:37 PM
cant belive how many ppl are trying to do the math on .02 and 2 cents, to the point of the thread, great trade for both sides, but as somoene said earlier better shot that bosh resigns than amare, dont want toronto to lose bosh and the guy they traded him for, but then again amare was drafted by BC and toronto will get a new coach next yr , very interesting all the moves that "could" be made great trade deadline this yrs will be

td0tsfinest
01-27-2009, 04:44 PM
We had this talk in our forum. It may work out but who knows. THough colangelo has made it clear, there are 3 untounchables on our team; Jose, Andrea and Bosh.

Kyle916
01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Bosh won't be traded.

Wilson
01-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Did you get this from Bill Simmons' podcast last week JB? Or the thread I made about it in the Trade Ideas Forum?

:p

DrDEADalready
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Man you have to put Jordanbulls up there with the greats. He's so good that his name can be abbreviated and we all know who your talking about. examples KG -Kevin Garnett
CP3- Chris Paul D12- Dwight Howard. LBJ Lebron James. :D Someday I want to be that good. To where my names is abbrevated and you all know me as DDA :( :cry:

Wilson
01-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Man you have to put Jordanbulls up there with the greats. He's so good that his name can be abbreviated and we all know who your talking about. examples KG -Kevin Garnett
CP3- Chris Paul D12- Dwight Howard. LBJ Lebron James. :D Someday I want to be that good. To where my names is abbrevated and you all know me as DDA :( :cry:

Maybe one day, I'll be known as W.

How did you know I wasn't talking to James Brown though?

Mile High Champ
01-27-2009, 05:50 PM
This is a terrible idea.. Why would the raps make this trade? Bosh in my opinion is alreay better than amare. Plus Bosh may resign in 2010, if Amare came here, I gurantee he would walk in 2010. There is no reason to take the risk in trading your franchise player for a guy that may or may not want to be apart of Toronto long term..

DrDEADalready
01-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Maybe one day, I'll be known as W.

How did you know I wasn't talking to James Brown though?

Lol James Brown. Cause James brown didn't start this thread. Plus He's been called that before. It's like a Nba psd rule you must know Who JB is otherwise your lost forever :)

IndyRealist
01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Chris Bosh does not get traded unless he tells Raptors' management that he wants to leave in 2010. For an organization that's been so good to him, I can see him letting them know so that they can trade him for talent and/or draft picks. That way he doesn't cripple the organization by leaving for nothing in return. He'd play half a season wherever, and then sign with the team he wants.

Other teams would trade for Bosh because:
1) They would get the right to offer a max contract over the salary cap, instead of having to gut their roster to get below the cap.
2) If he leaves his contract comes off the books and they can offer a big contract to someone else. Win-win.

Bargs is having a career year playing C. It does not make sense to trade for another big body without moving O'Neal. They need to lose JO and pick up a defensive wing in return, Shawn Marion for JO makes much more sense than Stoudamire for Bosh. Unless you're a Suns fan.

Gup
01-27-2009, 06:27 PM

Just my .02 cents

I actually was thinking this same trade. I believe Bosh is happy here in TO, and i also would like to think next year BC will have put together a championship contending team. If he does this, which he plans to, i dont think Bosh will think twice about resigning. When you see American bloggers writing columns about Bosh not being happy, or Bosh wants out now- its a load of crap, and wishful thinking on their part.

Gup
01-27-2009, 06:30 PM
I actually was watching The Raps play the suns back a couple of years ago, and asked my buddy- if you were the raps would you trade Bosh for Amare? he thought about it, and said they are both amazing players and it would be a win win for each team. I actually agree. Obviously it's just fantasy thinking here

cheetos185
01-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Between bosh and amare bosh has the advantage better scorer/defender/rebounder less injury prone and no me first attitude and younger but both players are great to have on your team :)

Raps18-19 Champ
01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
lol bosh rebounds like a 6'6 sf

JordansBulls
01-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Chris Bosh does not get traded unless he tells Raptors' management that he wants to leave in 2010. For an organization that's been so good to him, I can see him letting them know so that they can trade him for talent and/or draft picks. That way he doesn't cripple the organization by leaving for nothing in return. He'd play half a season wherever, and then sign with the team he wants.

Other teams would trade for Bosh because:
1) They would get the right to offer a max contract over the salary cap, instead of having to gut their roster to get below the cap.
2) If he leaves his contract comes off the books and they can offer a big contract to someone else. Win-win.

Bargs is having a career year playing C. It does not make sense to trade for another big body without moving O'Neal. They need to lose JO and pick up a defensive wing in return, Shawn Marion for JO makes much more sense than Stoudamire for Bosh. Unless you're a Suns fan.

I was thinking more if Bosh was to ask out.

IndyRealist
01-27-2009, 08:57 PM
lol bosh rebounds like a 6'6 sf

Bosh averages 9.8 rebounds, Stoudamire averages 8.1.

Nets fan 93
01-28-2009, 12:27 AM

Just my .02 cents
cmon mod... at least tell us why you think it will work... i am very, very curious as to how it would work and why the Raps would do this at all....

jmastert
01-28-2009, 12:40 AM
not happening, they will both wait till 2010. amare will get traded. bosh border line impossible

JordansBulls
01-28-2009, 01:00 AM
cmon mod... at least tell us why you think it will work... i am very, very curious as to how it would work and why the Raps would do this at all....

Well I'm sure Bosh doesn't like the team is losing considering the team had high expectations this year. And Amare has not been getting along with the coaching staff.

Legitimate
01-28-2009, 01:04 AM
We have 2 good Big Man with Bosh and Bargnani, don't fix something that is not broken. Get marion, and we have , Jose,AP,Marion,Bosh,Bargnani..a good line up if you ask me...Just tell miami we ain't taking that banks contract and we have a deal :).

rapswin98
01-28-2009, 01:36 AM
we'll have to wait till 2010 to see if bosh will leave or not, other than that he aint going nowhere. bosh would have a way better chance of staying in toronto than amare coming here and staying here. anyways bosh is better player than amare imo

BluejaysFan08
01-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Are you serious?
We dont want Amare hes trash bosh is the Face of our Franchise the king james of Toronto no way in hell this helps us at all what are yuo saying?

Unruly Fan
01-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Bosh is the leader/ franchise player and a blatant trade could spell catastrophe for Toronto. In order to make the Raptors true contenders I believe it would be best for Colangelo to build around Bosh.

...starting with the Marion trade :D

Apophis
01-28-2009, 05:15 AM
I think Bosh will be a Knick in 2010....

Stod will be on another team as well...

The .02 cents vs 2 cents posts actually had me interested in this thread.. Funny posts... but as another poster said.. $.02 without the word cents is the correct way to say it.. You dont have to write the word cents after it because its already in numerical format.. You all crack me up with those posts.. Thanks.. I was bored at work....

Matt-the-great
01-28-2009, 05:29 AM
Raptors need DEFENCE....Bosh is strong on D...Amare is NOT...

doesnt work

FarOutIos
01-28-2009, 05:46 AM
I'll trade my .2 Hundred dollars for 2 Hundred dollars if there are any takers...

FarOutIos
01-28-2009, 05:50 AM
... or trade anyone .2 times any amount they want to give...

thesparky33
01-28-2009, 01:17 PM
LOL at the math lessons everyone is trying to teach.

More shats!
01-28-2009, 01:24 PM
This trade is horrible.Phoenix would have to throw a bunch of picks and Barbosa for me to consider it and still i doubt i pull the trigger.Bosh is a better overral player,Bosh rebounds better,scores better for himself(Not like Amare that needs nash to set him up to score),Bosh is a better passer,Better teammate,Better shooter,better defender,Bosh is younger,Bosh has more potential,Bosh is a Franchise player and Amare is not.I mean if we trade Bosh for Amare we end up getting worse in all of that.

JordansBulls
01-28-2009, 04:22 PM
This trade is horrible.Phoenix would have to throw a bunch of picks and Barbosa for me to consider it and still i doubt i pull the trigger.Bosh is a better overral player,Bosh rebounds better,scores better for himself(Not like Amare that needs nash to set him up to score),Bosh is a better passer,Better teammate,Better shooter,better defender,Bosh is younger,Bosh has more potential,Bosh is a Franchise player and Amare is not.I mean if we trade Bosh for Amare we end up getting worse in all of that.

How is it a horrible trade when most consider them equals?

bartlett2266
01-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Raptors need DEFENCE....Bosh is strong on D...Amare is NOT...

doesnt work

since when

bartlett2266
01-28-2009, 04:39 PM
This trade makes no sense because the raptors r not going to be able to lure a big name free agent in 2010 that may include bosh as well. So they need to trade bosh for a player they would have a chance at retaining. A player who plays the wing and is athletic a josh smith type of player. Barganni seems to the real deal and not leaving anytime soon. they need to build around him and trading bosh would be a major part of that. cap space doesnt mean to much to the raps because they will have a tough time trying to get someone to come here just like in the past

WillisLovechild
01-28-2009, 04:57 PM

Well Colangelo drafted him in Phoenix so you'd assume he doesn't mind Amare.

Nets fan 93
01-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Well I'm sure Bosh doesn't like the team is losing considering the team had high expectations this year. And Amare has not been getting along with the coaching staff.
And Again. Explain why the Raps would trade for Amare?

JordansBulls
01-28-2009, 08:49 PM
And Again. Explain why the Raps would trade for Amare?

Read the opening post.

DitchDat
01-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Amare is washed up now

Bosh = the Raptors

JordansBulls
01-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Amare is washed up now

Bosh = the Raptors

How is Amare washed up?

Amare vs Bosh (http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&=s&p1=stoudam01&y1=2009&=b&p2=boshch01&y2=2009&=&=)

unwantedplayer
01-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Amare isn't washed up, but he isn't as dominant as a force as he was before microfracture surgery. I think that slowed him down a bit,however, he is still an elite player without a doubt. It is his attitude problems that force him to stay in Phoenix until 2010.

RapsGuy23
01-28-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm not a fan of that trade. Both are great players with tremendous upsides. I just think Bosh is developing and improving at a quicker rate than Amare. Amare will continue to hone his skills but I feels that Bosh has more room to grow. Not to mention the Bosh has the higher basketball IQ. The Raptors need to improve at the sg/sf positions not trade their best player. We also need a veteran pg and a veteran big to come off the bench.

TheHoopsProphet
01-28-2009, 10:34 PM
1.00 = $1 dollar

.20 = $.20 Cents

.02 = $.02 Cents

What's the problem here?

.02 = .02
$.02= 2 cents
my .02 cents = my 1/50th of a penny cents

IBleedPurple
01-28-2009, 10:35 PM

Pretty sure Colangelo is familiar with Amare, as he drafted him to the Suns in 2003

magikmc
02-03-2009, 03:23 AM
WTF are all you guys talking about??? lol.... Amare washed up?? amare not as good as bosh?? amare not as good as before the microfracture??? I love how the toronto fans are all posting this.... (i'm in toronto, and you guys need to get off the koolaid)... i'm a raptors and suns fan so i think i would have some good insight on this... LAST YEAR, Amare put up 25.2 ppg, 9.1 reb, and 2.1 blocks per game... the only other players to have 20 9 and 2 were dwight howard and yao ming. He averaged 28 ppg over the last half of the season. What has CB4 done in the post season?? Amare has had 20+ in 17 consecutive playoff games. If you've ever watched amare play you know he can create his own shot, and can dunk on about anyone. He runs the pick and roll as good as any big man in the game, and i think we have a pretty good PG to run the pick and roll. Amare injury prone?? He's missed 3 games in the last 2 and half years.

As far as the trade is concerned is makes perfect sense. You pick up marion, bring in amare, have a pg in jose, and you open up things for shooters like parker bargs and kopono-sound like the old phoenix suns?? Amare wants to be a franchise player on a team, which he'll be in toronto, so there's a good chance he resigns.

I don't understand why everyone is so high on Bosh. Is he a good player, sure. Is he a FRANCHISE player, no. He needs a plyer like wade or kobe to be great... like gasol. He doesn't go to the basket, he doesn't come through when the games on the line. A lot of the time with 6:00 minutes or less in the 4th he disappears. When was the last time you seen him make a big shot to win or tie a game with the clock going down? He's a jump shooting PF, and those shots don't go down late in games. Amare is driving, go to the basket PF. Exactly why they should make the trade.

magikmc
02-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Oh yeah and BC helped bring Amare to Phoenix so amare would feel right at home there.

Fact is jump shooting will not win you ball games most of the time because the %'s catch up with you. If you do not have a presence in the paint you are not a contender. Chris settles for jumpers, and amare shoots high percentage shots, banging in the paint. Stat is a better player than chris bosh, imo without question.

JayW_1023
02-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Amare may use is strength more...but that's becoming more of a rarity. More and more, like Bosh he prefers to face up his man and go for the perimeter shot or take his man off the dribble.

Bosh is the better defender, rebounder and passer...Bosh is a better and smarter allround player than Amare.

Nadhi1
02-03-2009, 08:47 AM

Just my .02 cents dam it for the last time we are not going to trade chris bosh because he is the franchise player for the raptors and also Bran colangelo is not really stupid.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Amare is washed up now

Bosh = the Raptors? :pity:

JPHX
02-03-2009, 01:30 PM
throw in calderon and we'll throw in barbosa. :p

king4day
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM

If Amare leaves then the Suns will have over 40mil off the books. Looks like a good start to me.

bartlett2266
02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
This trade makes no sense they Raps should trade bosh just not in this deal. He is not going to resign and anyone who says different is just lying to themself. and bosh is no longer the toronto franchise player because a franchise player has to be there more then 2 years in the future, time to look ahead before the raps r left in 2010 holding tones of cash but no star player to sign make the trade now and lock someone up while they r still here because bosh is gone

nashty13
02-03-2009, 01:51 PM

actually .02 cents is 2/100 or 1/50 cents. .20 cents would be 1/5.

It would help both teams because a)phx is trying to play half court which bosh is better at (and a bit better defensively) and toronto is playing more uptempo which amare is better at. Him and bargnani will out run big guys every game.

THE MTL
02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
That doesn't sound like much of a disaster. They have the money to sign two players to max contracts and probably another good role player just in one off-season. Getting rid of 2 old guys and potentially getting 2 all-stars in return sounds like a good trade off for me.

If Amare leaves then the Suns will have over 40mil off the books. Looks like a good start to me.

Wait you guys are forgetting that the Suns already have much salary locked up too. Barbosa & Richardson combine for 23 million alone. And Dragic is another 2 million. And got rookies options to pick up.

But the most important factor is that Phoenix aint no big city where Big time free agents will just come to. You guys attracted ppl because of the D'Antoni system and you were a winning team. D'Antoni is gone and Suns are becoming mediorce.

Are you really in the running for Wade? Are you really in the running for Lebron? Would Joe Johnson even come back to Phoenix? If Amare left you really arent in the running for him either.

mnvikings28
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Wait you guys are forgetting that the Suns already have much salary locked up too. Barbosa & Richardson combine for 23 million alone. And Dragic is another 2 million. And got rookies options to pick up.

But the most important factor is that Phoenix aint no big city where Big time free agents will just come to. You guys attracted ppl because of the D'Antoni system and you were a winning team. D'Antoni is gone and Suns are becoming mediorce.

Are you really in the running for Wade? Are you really in the running for Lebron? Would Joe Johnson even come back to Phoenix? If Amare left you really arent in the running for him either.

So just because our town isnt named NYC we dont have any chance of bringing in a big free agent :rolleyes:

3lite-Raps
02-03-2009, 05:18 PM
WTF are all you guys talking about??? lol.... Amare washed up?? amare not as good as bosh?? amare not as good as before the microfracture??? I love how the toronto fans are all posting this.... (i'm in toronto, and you guys need to get off the koolaid)... i'm a raptors and suns fan so i think i would have some good insight on this... LAST YEAR, Amare put up 25.2 ppg, 9.1 reb, and 2.1 blocks per game... the only other players to have 20 9 and 2 were dwight howard and yao ming. He averaged 28 ppg over the last half of the season. What has CB4 done in the post season?? Amare has had 20+ in 17 consecutive playoff games. If you've ever watched amare play you know he can create his own shot, and can dunk on about anyone. He runs the pick and roll as good as any big man in the game, and i think we have a pretty good PG to run the pick and roll. Amare injury prone?? He's missed 3 games in the last 2 and half years.

As far as the trade is concerned is makes perfect sense. You pick up marion, bring in amare, have a pg in jose, and you open up things for shooters like parker bargs and kopono-sound like the old phoenix suns?? Amare wants to be a franchise player on a team, which he'll be in toronto, so there's a good chance he resigns.

I don't understand why everyone is so high on Bosh. Is he a good player, sure. Is he a FRANCHISE player, no. He needs a plyer like wade or kobe to be great... like gasol. He doesn't go to the basket, he doesn't come through when the games on the line. A lot of the time with 6:00 minutes or less in the 4th he disappears. When was the last time you seen him make a big shot to win or tie a game with the clock going down? He's a jump shooting PF, and those shots don't go down late in games. Amare is driving, go to the basket PF. Exactly why they should make the trade.

did you forget the fact that he cant play D and he also has a great pg in nash look at marion from an allstar to the bench and bosh is 24 younger more potential better defensively and offensvely

Bosh for Stoudamire is a TERRIBLE trade

Raps18-19 Champ
02-03-2009, 05:39 PM
why say .02 cents

people are thinking you are saying .02 of 2 cents