PDA

View Full Version : Hang With Me and Read My Points on IF, a big IF, LeBron would go 2 New Jersey/Brookln

hgtiger32
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Hang with me and read my thoughts. This topic has had me interested very much so recently. I read up on the whole Brooklyn arena story and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like that project is stalled. With the economy weak and the prices going up it's in the rut.

However, i saw the designs for not only the stadium but also for the area around it. Awesome. A perfcet atmosphere for a basketball town. IF! Lebron would go there it would be perfect for him. The stadium is called Barclays Center and the whole project in the area is cool, Atlantic Yards. Here are some links to view the stadium and surrounding area:

http://www.barclayscenter.com/venue/venue_5.shtml

http://www.atlanticyards.com/html/ay/atlanticyards.html check around the site...very interesting

Back to LeBron and the Nets

Everyone would probably agree with me in the fact that Devin Harris at PG is a stud. He's better than what LeBron has at PG right now, Mo Williams.

Vince Carter- while LeBron becomes a FA in the 2010 summer , carter becomes a FA the year after...either the nets will keep him till then, or trade him for draft picks or a decent young piece

Yi Jinlian- while he supposedly can play SF/PF i think he's more suitable as a SF. As A milwaukee bucks fan ill tell u that he was too soft at PF and not quick enough at SF...idk...they could somehow transform him into a PF IF Lebron would sign with the Nets. Another option is trade him to a big market team in the west such as the Clippers, Warriors, or possibly Suns. IDK

Brook Lopez- IMO i think he's holding his own plus doing more in his rookie season. if he can build around that then i think he's the Nets center for a decade or so.

Bench- correct me if im wrong but they have some guys, some starters here and there, that are currently on the bench and would become part of a bench like the good lakers and celtic's benches...... Chris Douglas Roberts, Sean Williams, Josh Boone

Besides all of that the Nets are in playoff contention. Let's just say that they don't make the playoffs this year and are in the lottery... The following is the main reason why and how the Nets could become a dynasty along with LeBron

2009 NBA Draft: 1 first round and 1 second round pick
2010 NBA Draft!!!!!: 1 first round pick, 1 first round pick from dallas(who by then won't be as good i think which could mean the nets could get a lottery pick), 1 first round pick from) and a second round pick
2011 NBA Draft : 1 first round pick and New Jersey receives 2011 Golden State first round pick (lottery protected in 2011, top 11 protected in 2012, top 10 protected in 2013. *If it is not conveyed by 2013, the Nets get second-round picks in 2013 and 2015). (Marcus Williams trade 072208).

So if ALL of the cards go right the Nets over those 3 years the Nets will have a combined:

5! first round picks
3 second round picks

to go along with Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, and possibly Vince Carter and/or LeBron

So i would just like ur thoughts on IF this would all happen...please try not and get into the whole LeBron staying or going crap... :)

IndyRealist
01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
There is an official 2010 thread, it's right up top. Mostly to keep a flood of these threads from being made.

colinskik
01-27-2009, 01:12 PM
There will be no arena in Brooklyn. It's dead and it wasn't a very good idea to begin with. That area does not need EVEN MORE traffic.

La11
01-27-2009, 01:22 PM
so with the first round picks....they could start rebuilding around lebron instead of veteran players...ummm yeah he'll go there for sure

hgtiger32
01-27-2009, 01:33 PM
im just saying that if i was lebron i'd be intrigued to go play with devin harris, vince carter, brook lopez, and a PF like greg monroe from georgetown...idk...it's more intriguing than what cleveland has or will have

Sixerlover
01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Not when "what Cleveland has" is #1 in the East. And what they will have is potentially Chris Bosh or Amare along with LeBron.