PDA

View Full Version : Who will throw a no-hitter in 2009?

bcransom
01-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Every year, we have a few, which pitcher or pitchers will throw one this year?

DieHardColtsfan
01-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Ricky Nolasco!

sacgiants1213
01-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Tim Lincecum will throw one against the Dodgers.

Twins Fan 7
01-27-2009, 12:03 AM
I believe Scott Baker will get one eventually. He was 3 outs from a perfect game a couple years ago and every so on he goes into the fifth and sixth with no hits.

bosox3431
01-27-2009, 12:04 AM
i think roy halladay will throw a perfect game, and King Felix throws a no no

bosox3431
01-27-2009, 12:04 AM
What a ****ing ******** thread.

so why did you waste your time posting in it?

bcransom
01-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Tim Lincecum will throw one against the Dodgers.

That would not surprise me at all

tooch
01-27-2009, 12:06 AM
webb or haren

DieHardColtsfan
01-27-2009, 12:07 AM
I believe Scott Baker will get one eventually. He was 3 outs from a perfect game a couple years ago and every so on he goes into the fifth and sixth with no hits.

Baker is extremely underrated!

tonyd3b54
justin masterson... the young redsox pithcers just have a nack for it...

bcransom
how the **** did I know you would mention Webb and Haren... lol your homerism is crazy.

vigilantex69
01-27-2009, 12:10 AM

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-27-2009, 12:12 AM
CC Sabathia

marce14
01-27-2009, 12:18 AM

sorry but i agree, there is no way to call this because you can name fifty pitchers who should but won't. did anyone ever call anabal sanchez, or jon lester, or clay buccholz? Exactly its all a crapshoot here.

whitesoxfan83
01-27-2009, 12:19 AM
seriously your all forgetting gavin floyd? who had 1 no no in the minors and took two no nos into the 8th last year. he's most likely to get one. not saying he will but give the man his due.

marce14
01-27-2009, 12:21 AM
^^^^ that is more like it, that is actually based on fact, rather than just naming your favorite pitcher like everyone else is doing

Run Gardner Run
01-27-2009, 12:48 AM
CC Sabathia has already signed up for 3 no hitters in 2009. So you have those to look foward to

cuttygiantsfan
01-27-2009, 12:54 AM
matt cain

mattz1212
01-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Chris Young and Cole Hamels

Towelie
01-27-2009, 12:56 AM
me

goldglove212
01-27-2009, 01:00 AM
webb

GiantsNinersW's
01-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Matt Cain

R. Johnson#3
01-27-2009, 01:09 AM
Ricky Romero

isuk
01-27-2009, 01:10 AM
CC Sabathia

If CC Sabathia throws a no hitter I will cut off my right nut. Why are Yankee fans so high on themselves. They have like triple the payroll of any team and still can't make the playoffs.

IRUAM #21
01-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Andrew Miller

turnaround3
01-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Koyie Hill.

Towelie
01-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Carlos Silva

chrism516
01-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Carl Pavano.....the Indians 3rd straight Cy Young winner!

belliard is god
01-27-2009, 01:29 AM
kei igawa

mavwar53
01-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Cain

zambo4president
01-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Because you can really ****ing predict a no hitter.

ShinobiNYC
01-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Johan Santana

JRisdabest
01-27-2009, 02:14 AM
chad bills on the giants

markhebert42
01-27-2009, 02:25 AM
Jake Peavy, and the Padres will lose 2-0.

Matt-the-great
01-27-2009, 02:32 AM
No-hitters are kind of crap-shoots....i mean talent doesnt equal a no-hitter.....it is basically luck

i could guess as to whom is the most likely based on talent and ability and the teams they face:

- Dan Haren .vs. Giants
- Lincecum .vs. Padres
- Halladay .vs. Royals
- Sabathia .vs. Indians
- Hamles .vs. Nats (i would love if he no-hit the mighty Mets)

-> it is also important to keep in mind that this pitcher needs to have the stamina and endurance to last 9 innings and pitch at top quality....thats why i did not include Harden

CAIN=FUTURE
01-27-2009, 02:42 AM
Matt Cain. Not to just name my favorite player, but I read this somewere (not gonna dig it up), Cain has the highest chance of throwing a no hitter in his career, over any other pitcher, at .27%.

Gigantes4Life
01-27-2009, 02:43 AM
Mariano Rivera.

mattybeingmatty
01-27-2009, 02:46 AM
What the hey, I'll toss in a guess. Ryan Dempster no-no's the Reds, while allowing a single walk.

To the folks *****in' about this being a stupid thread, because it's a crap shoot...obviously it's a crap shoot. So what? It's just for fun. A bunch of people take a guess, 95% of them are complete homer picks. If someone actually hits the jackpot, 6 months from now they bump the thread, and do a little gloating. A few people make brief congratulatory remarks, while a few more once again whine about how dumb this thread was and state the obvious, that it was a lucky guess. Well, no sh1t, Sherlock. Other than the White Sox fan who made the ridiculous claim that Gavin Floyd is the most likely to throw a no-hitter, and actually tried to present an argument to back it up(lol), I don't think anyone else is taking there prediction too seriously, at least I'm not.

redsoxboi
01-27-2009, 02:46 AM
i think it could very well be Sabathia, who knows. other than that i will say a young red sox pitcher cuz like someone already said some tend to do that.lol. go ahead and call me a homer.bite me. but ya i have to believe someone on twins will do it.

yanks 4lif3
01-27-2009, 02:56 AM
Sabathia...maybe...seriously...

mattybeingmatty
01-27-2009, 02:58 AM
Other than the White Sox fan who made the ridiculous claim that Gavin Floyd is the most likely to throw a no-hitter, and actually tried to present an argument to back it up(lol), I don't think anyone else is taking there prediction too seriously, at least I'm not.

Matt Cain. Not to just name my favorite player, but I read this somewere (not gonna dig it up), Cain has the highest chance of throwing a no hitter in his career, over any other pitcher, at .27%.

Hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon? I would love to know what genius came up with that juicy little piece of pure fact. And how he came up with it. There are so many intangibles with something like this, that to suggest a single pitcher is the most likely to pull it off, is just silly.

CAIN=FUTURE
01-27-2009, 03:07 AM
Hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon? I would love to know what genius came up with that juicy little piece of pure fact. And how he came up with it. There are so many intangibles with something like this, that to suggest a single pitcher is the most likely to pull it off, is just silly.

I know it might be silly, but a lot went into it and it could be pausible.

theproof
01-27-2009, 03:12 AM

It's true. I heard it mentioned on ESPN when he was pitching last year. He came close a lot in his career.

mattybeingmatty
01-27-2009, 03:21 AM
I know it might be silly, but a lot went into it and it could be pausible.

I'm sure a lot did go into it. That does not make it valid, however. Even if you calculated which pitcher averages the most outs per start before surrendering a hit, and somehow combine that with IP's per start and complete game statistics, and god knows what else, to come up with some number, you can throw it right out the window when you start to consider all the other variables.

P.S. Pausible is not a word. Is it possible that Cain throws a no-no? yes. plausible? yup, that too. Does he have the best chance? impossible to say.

Hawkize31
01-27-2009, 03:32 AM
This is such a random event that predicting it is impossible and perhaps silly to try. Bad pitchers have done it, great pitchers haven't. It helps to have good stuff I suppose, but its not a strict requirement. Don't accuse people of being homers for picking their team's players since thats just as likely as anyone else. I pick Carlos Zambrano again against the Reds, but this is like playing the lottery.

mattybeingmatty
01-27-2009, 03:40 AM
It's true. I heard it mentioned on ESPN when he was pitching last year. He came close a lot in his career.

Big deal. Maybe the guys who trail him in the "most times coming close to a no-hitter" category have better nerves than him. Perhaps, while Cain may put himself in the position to do it more often than others, he lacks what it takes to seal the deal. Conversely, what if a guy who may not give himself the opportunity as frequently, is better equipped to finish the job when he does give himself a chance. One pitcher, while having more consistent stuff, may be more susceptible to fatigue beyond 100 pitches, than one who is more streaky.There is just no way to measure these things.

Hawkize31
01-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Big deal. Maybe the guys who trail him in the "most times coming close to a no-hitter" category have better nerves than him. Perhaps, while Cain may put himself in the position to do it more often than others, he lacks what it takes to seal the deal. Conversely, what if a guy who may not give himself the opportunity as frequently, is better equipped to finish the job when he does give himself a chance. One pitcher, while having more consistent stuff, may be more susceptible to fatigue beyond 100 pitcher, than one who is more streaky.There is just no way to measure these things.

Language like that is unfair. Did Greg Maddux "lack what it takes to seal the deal"? Sometimes its better to be lucky than good, and that's very true with no hitters, although being good makes it easier.

Iggydelphia
01-27-2009, 03:47 AM
cole hamels wont give up a hit all season... u heard it here.. believe me... i know what im talking about

DaaBoTownSox
01-27-2009, 03:48 AM

How could you possibly predict this?

bcransom
01-27-2009, 04:00 AM
^ It's for fun, its not like your life is on the line or something. Why're you taking it so seriously?

Matt-the-great
01-27-2009, 04:02 AM
WAY too many people are taking this way too ****ing seriously...like relax.

i hate people who come in here just to ***** and whine about the thread, if you dont like it, go **** yourself and shut the **** up. no one gives a **** what you think.

mattybeingmatty
01-27-2009, 04:11 AM
Language like that is unfair. Did Greg Maddux "lack what it takes to seal the deal"? Sometimes its better to be lucky than good, and that's very true with no hitters, although being good makes it easier.

Read the whole sentence... I said perhaps. Your misunderstanding what I was saying. What I was pointing out is that you cannot measure something like that, making it nonsense to say that ONE pitcher is THE MOST LIKELY to do it, and even more so to try to come up with a stat to prove it. Once again, too many variables that cannot be measured with statistics.

ciaban
01-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Like many others have said this is just a crap shoot, who knows who will do it, however, Sabathia , Halladay, Santana, Haren are all good choices because they are strikeout pitchers who have a history of success,(i would through LinCYcum in to the mix as well but he doesn't have the track record at the pro level yet).
This is just my hypothesis but i think a strike out pitcher is more likely than a ground ball pitcher i.e. webb because it keeps the game in the pitchers hands and a bad defense can't screw up a strike out no matter how bad they are. My example is Kofax and Ryan two strike out pitchers who threw a lot of no-no's in their time, i would also use Maddux as an example, a very talented ground ball pitcher who never came very close. On the other hand i picked two of the best pitchers ever, and a ground ball pitcher can still be perfect, plus i have no stats to back my hypothesis so I wont claim it for a fact, so go easy on it.

No-hitters are kind of crap-shoots....i mean talent doesnt equal a no-hitter.....it is basically luck

i could guess as to whom is the most likely based on talent and ability and the teams they face:

- Dan Haren .vs. Giants
- Lincecum .vs. Padres
- Halladay .vs. Royals
- Sabathia .vs. Indians

-> it is also important to keep in mind that this pitcher needs to have the stamina and endurance to last 9 innings and pitch at top quality....thats why i did not include Harden
Are you just saying that because he used to pitch for the Indians because Cleavland scored more runs than the Yanks last year I think they were like 7th in the majors. And now they have Martinez and Hafner healthy so i don't see why they would be no-no'd. They very well might have the best offense in the AL next year.

Don't feel bad every one else is doing it. This thread is the biggest excuse for homering i have see in a while

ciaban
01-27-2009, 04:27 AM

no we don't allways have one between Randy Johnson and Anibal Sanchez there was more than a year and a half, there was none in 05 but w/e and I'm sure there have been longer dry spells in the modern era of baseball (1900-present)

ciaban
01-27-2009, 04:28 AM
also it would take a good pitcher facing a crappy offense

NYY09
01-27-2009, 04:28 AM
If CC Sabathia throws a no hitter I will cut off my right nut. Why are Yankee fans so high on themselves. They have like triple the payroll of any team and still can't make the playoffs.

Because we love our revenue sharing money go to your ******** team and you dont spend a dime of it to better yourselves. then u have the balls to knock the yanks when we're the reason you have double or triple your attendance when were in town you ungreatfull little pion. keep drinkin your haterade and havin sex with your sister, you one nut wonder.

DaaBoTownSox
01-27-2009, 04:33 AM

i hate people who come in here just to ***** and whine about the thread, if you dont like it, go **** yourself and shut the **** up. no one gives a **** what you think.

And you say i'm taking this seriously? :confused:

Matt-the-great
01-27-2009, 04:35 AM

- Dan Haren .vs. Giants
- Lincecum .vs. Padres
- Halladay .vs. Royals
- Sabathia .vs. Indians

Like many others have said this is just a crap shoot, who knows who will do it, however, Sabathia , Halladay, Santana, Haren are all good choices because they are strikeout pitchers who have a history of success,(i would through LinCYcum in to the mix as well but he doesn't have the track record at the pro level yet).

Are you just saying that because he used to pitch for the Indians because Cleavland scored more runs than the Yanks last year I think they were like 7th in the majors. And now they have Martinez and Hafner healthy so i don't see why they would be no-no'd. They very well might have the best offense in the AL next year.

in part i did predict that because it would be a cool story-line since he won a Cy Young with them, but i also feel that the Indians have a mediocore offence.

and saying they might have the best in the AL is just ridiculous.

- Hafner doesnt have much left, as evidenced by his past 2 seasons.
- Martinez is great and Sizemore is amazing, but what else do they have?

DaaBoTownSox
01-27-2009, 05:00 AM
in part i did predict that because it would be a cool story-line since he won a Cy Young with them, but i also feel that the Indians have a mediocore offence.

You mean "Offense"?

FWBrodie
01-27-2009, 05:27 AM
Felix Hernandez will no-hit the Redsox at Fenway AND the Athletics in Seattle in 2009.

P.S. Look it up. Felix owns Fenway and dominates the A's.

Your Mama Sucks
01-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Nolan Ryan?

Matt-the-great
01-27-2009, 07:22 AM

You mean "Offense"?

did you honestly just make this post to correct a minor ****ing grammatical error i made in my post?

you are pathetic.

i can picture you in real life: a pathetic little worm sitting behind his computer desk because that is the only place he has any form of power. Small and scrawny (that could be a grammatical error), talking about sports because he cant play them.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
01-27-2009, 07:43 AM
A.J. Burnett

HOZ THE KNICK
01-27-2009, 08:24 AM
joba

futureheisman
01-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Josh Beckett and lincecum

koldjerky
01-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Jamie Moyer

nyybronxborn
01-27-2009, 09:52 AM
aj burnett

Morgan
01-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Bartolo Colon!

justinf30
01-27-2009, 10:42 AM
johnny cueto

Run Gardner Run
01-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Johnny Damon

Rattlehead2006
01-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Curt Schilling.

ritz
01-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Mike Pelfrey

FDusty06
01-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Peavy against the Padres.

Zambrano in 2008
Peavy in 2009;)

nithanyo
01-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Roy Halladay is gonna pitch 162 perfect games plus another 11 in the post season

WorldChamp08
01-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Cole Hamels!

Bo Sox Fan
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
daisuke matsuzaka i think will have a break out year if last year wasn't good enough... i could see him tossin a no-no, maybe in an inter league game or against kansas city, lol

favre_4life
01-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Yovani Gallardo.

jgthealpha2
01-27-2009, 02:19 PM
My mom...mean knuckle baller...

DewsSox79
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
gavin floyyd

hammerinhank
01-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Burnett

joey623pr
01-27-2009, 02:33 PM
something tells me big pelf with throw a no-no first in mets history

jetsfan89
01-27-2009, 02:46 PM
^^the mets are cursed to never throw a no hitter in their history and will never do so. so no to that.

marce14
01-27-2009, 02:50 PM
This is just my hypothesis but i think a strike out pitcher is more likely than a ground ball pitcher i.e. webb because it keeps the game in the pitchers hands and a bad defense can't screw up a strike out no matter how bad they are. My example is Kofax and Ryan two strike out pitchers who threw a lot of no-no's in their time, i would also use Maddux as an example, a very talented ground ball pitcher who never came very close. On the other hand i picked two of the best pitchers ever, and a ground ball pitcher can still be perfect, plus i have no stats to back my hypothesis so I wont claim it for a fact, so go easy on it.

Don't feel bad every one else is doing it. This thread is the biggest excuse for homering i have see in a while

actually, strikeout pitchers are at a disadvantage here, if they have 10 K's then thats more pitches than someone who pitches to contact and gets outs faster in the count thenone who racks up the K's

EAGLES3658
01-27-2009, 02:53 PM
actually, strikeout pitchers are at a disadvantage here, if they have 10 K's then thats more pitches than someone who pitches to contact and gets outs faster in the count thenone who racks up the K's

That doesnt matter with CC....:D

25YrsNcounting
01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Sir Colbert Hamels

EAGLES3658
01-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Wang or Joba...

Pierzynski4Prez
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Gavin Floyd on the WhiteSox got close as hell like 3 times last year

Zaunnie
01-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Derek Jeter

bcransom
01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Thats like the 20th attempted joke that hasnt been funny

theproof
01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Big deal. Maybe the guys who trail him in the "most times coming close to a no-hitter" category have better nerves than him. Perhaps, while Cain may put himself in the position to do it more often than others, he lacks what it takes to seal the deal. Conversely, what if a guy who may not give himself the opportunity as frequently, is better equipped to finish the job when he does give himself a chance. One pitcher, while having more consistent stuff, may be more susceptible to fatigue beyond 100 pitches, than one who is more streaky.There is just no way to measure these things.

Dude, calm down. I was just answering who I thought would have the best chance to do it. Like a smart person I went with the person who the experts picked. I am sorry that Lester was not in cains place but that is not my fault.

theproof
01-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Derek Jeter
I don't think anyone laughed. Save your energy next time.

Padres Son
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Chris Young. He's been close a few times... and the Padres have zero no-hitters in their history.

Eddie Gaedel
01-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Carl Pavano

bartoron
01-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Jose Lima.

FWBrodie
01-27-2009, 06:47 PM

Exactly.

FWBrodie
01-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Jamie Moyer

That'd be awesome.

Cheezombie
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
harden will be one out away from a no-hitter, and go down with an injury.

Lady's Man
01-27-2009, 07:34 PM
kyle kendrick

Tragedy
01-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm just going to throw a random name out there and say CC Sabathia. I've got nothing to back me up, just a random prediction.

northsider
01-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Lincecum, he has the stuff.

tooch
01-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Peavy has a good chance

NYYankeesWin#27
01-27-2009, 09:01 PM
cc sabathia

76YazwSideburns
01-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Don't know - but Varitek will catch him.

Zmaster52
01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
santana will come close but will fail but i think lincecum and oswalt will throw one

76YazwSideburns
01-27-2009, 09:15 PM
I totally agree, this dude is utterly worthless to the PSD.

Where does he come with this sh1t lol.

So you're saying, Burnett???

SJForTheCup
01-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Jake Peavy.

theLgndKllr35
01-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Cole Hamels will throw 5 no hitters, 22 complete games, and win one Cole Hamels.

ciaban
01-27-2009, 09:30 PM
the thing is most starters can throw well above 120 pitches in a game it generally is not done because the risk of injury increases and it might take longer for them to recover for their next start. The point i want to make is that when a strike out pitcher gets in his grove and he is hitting his spots it adds a level of confidence that greatly out ways fatigue towards the end of the game also it takes away a level of confidence to the opposing team, because if your the cardinals and you see Harden is dealing and he just struck out pujols and glaus and ludwig one after the other and he has been doing it for 5 innings what message dose that send to guys like Adam Kennedy, with ground ball pitchers you don't get that, opposing hitters and the starting pitcher the bat put to the ball and they know that it's only a matter of time tell someone finds a gap and get on base

Lincecum4CY
01-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Unlike most of you homers on here, i'm going to go ahead and say Johan Santana.

McPeak92
01-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Cole Hamels will throw a no-hitter, over the entire year.

Butter$
01-27-2009, 09:36 PM

There has never been a Met NoNo b4.

ruckus16969
01-27-2009, 09:38 PM
lester
becket
zambrano
Halladay

all these guys could have a chance
maybe Penny

76YazwSideburns
01-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Dude I'm in church every sunday praying he can even stay healthy.

I'm not stupid enough to waste my time predicting who's gonna throw a fckn nono lol.

As you can see, I'd rather waste my time making fun of this worhtless thread.

You are, however, intelligent enough to waste your time writing two posts about why it's stupid to talk about who is or isn't going to throw a no hitter.

How you rationalize wasting your time is your own business.

Butter$
01-27-2009, 09:50 PM
You are, however, intelligent enough to waste your time writing two posts about why it's stupid to talk about who is or isn't going to throw a no hitter.

Absolutely;)

How you rationalize wasting your time is your own business.

Yes it is, your absolutely right.

Do you feel better now, cuz I sure do :)

cHi8DaL5LA420
01-27-2009, 09:51 PM
AJ burnett

cHi8DaL5LA420
01-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Don't know - but Varitek will catch him.

not if he doesnt accept that offer

Red_Sox_89
01-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Um, no one?

¿QUE?
01-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Tim Redding :up:

SJ5382
01-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Timmy Lincecum is my best guess.

mattybeingmatty
01-28-2009, 12:19 AM

Dude, calm down. I was just answering who I thought would have the best chance to do it. Like a smart person I went with the person who the experts picked. I am sorry that Lester was not in cains place but that is not my fault.

Huh? Calm down? I'm cool as a cucumber, Homeslice. What in my post led you to believe otherwise? I was simply sharing my thoughts on whether or not it is possible, to somewhat accurately calculate a pitchers chances of throwing a no-hitter, as opposed to the rest of the field. You seemed to think it had merit, I did not, and wanted to throw in my two cents on the subject. Sorry for all the commotion.:rolleyes:

And why are you bringing Lester up? I didn't say anything about Lester. My pick was Ryan Dempster vs. Cinci, with one walk. For you see, I possess an ability that is quite foreign to this site. I am able to look beyond my favourite team, when posed a question such as this, and consider that there is an entire league full of players out there. Peace.

See, this one's got the hang of it.:clap:

goldglove212
01-28-2009, 12:32 AM
I don't think anyone laughed. Save your energy next time.

actually i did laughh

PhillyLuver
01-28-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to predict such a random event, but Cole Hamels :up:

Twinke Masta
01-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Zach Greinke

BeantownBill
01-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Me, against my 7 year old son, on the opening day of whiffleball season. Vegas oddsmakers have me at 3-2.

lavell12
01-28-2009, 01:35 AM
This is such a wild thing to guess so I won't go with a homer pick like most people here or a huge name pitcher.

I will say there are 3, one in the AL two in the NL.

AL: Joe Saunders
NL: Jair Jurrjens and Adam Wainwright

Iggy Stiggy
01-28-2009, 01:45 AM
James Shields write it down.

jnxzorz
01-28-2009, 02:46 AM
mike pelfrey

DaaBoTownSox
01-28-2009, 03:14 AM
did you honestly just make this post to correct a minor ****ing grammatical error i made in my post?

you are pathetic.

i can picture you in real life: a pathetic little worm sitting behind his computer desk because that is the only place he has any form of power. Small and scrawny (that could be a grammatical error), talking about sports because he cant play them.

:laugh2:

Picture what you will. What is with the attacking of me by the way? All simply because I asked how anyone could possibly predict this?

Ron!n
01-28-2009, 03:25 AM
This thread seems to have gotten out of hand, but im going to go out and say Jake Peavy for the Cubs against the Padres.

fscubsu9
01-28-2009, 03:45 AM
AJ Burnett but he walks 12 and hits another batter.

Yankees lose.

prodigy
01-28-2009, 01:02 PM
carmona

Rampage132
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to predict such a random event, but Cole Hamels :up:

That's what I was thinking...

Also I just noticed that three pitchers signed this offseason who have pitched no-hitters: Randy Johnson, Derek Lowe, and AJ Burnett.

Rampage132
01-28-2009, 01:24 PM
AJ Burnett but he walks 12 and hits another batter.

Yankees lose.

Lol, that would be funny, but extremely sad for me and AJ.

bloodhawk
01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Ian Kennedy :hide:

Yanks#1fan
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM

Last year was the first year in some time the Yankees did not make the playoffs.....With the addition of CC, AJ and Tex..be careful what you wish for....Cause the Yankees got younger, better and have more depth....The Red Sox got older. Also, without Manny, David Ortiz will be mortal! Have fun minus one nut d bag.....

Yanks#1fan
01-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Red Sox = 3rd in the AL East

Yanks#1fan
01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
:laugh2:

Picture what you will. What is with the attacking of me by the way? All simply because I asked how anyone could possibly predict this?

Ahhhh, another whiney little Beach from Boston.......Enjoy 3rd place sweet heart.......:clap:

Fred
01-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Cole Hamels will toss a no-hitter

NYY NYJ NYK
01-28-2009, 02:16 PM
I could see Scott Kazmir throwing a No-No

NYY09
01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Roger clemens!! For sure!!

ugadawgsfan17
01-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Does it really matter? It's impossible to predict

¿QUE?
01-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Endy Chavez

BR11228
01-28-2009, 11:13 PM
This is one of the hardest things to predict.
But I say Tim Lincecum, Johan Santana, Roy Oswalt or Roy Halladay.

BigRoy
01-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Barry Zito

JavthePumpkin
01-28-2009, 11:21 PM
A lot of the time it's some nobody. I'll say Scherzer or Volstad.

PS: The Hamels jokes really got old after the 50th time...

andybauer91
01-28-2009, 11:30 PM
this is a really stupid thread

the chances of the pitcher actually pitching a no no is very little

andybauer91
01-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Carl Pavano

he'll take it to the 9th with two outs
and say he injured his knee because he got dirt in his eye
and then leave the game

lulzz

Tragedy
01-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Red Sox = 3rd in the AL East
Not for nothing, but what is this based on?

degnor
01-28-2009, 11:46 PM
aaron heilman

Drucifer
01-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Now that the Mets are out of Shea, there will be two Mets no-hitters thrown in Citi -- John Maine & Johan Santana.

Tevv-nah-Bead
01-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Matt Cain will..be ready 4 a monster year for this young hoss!

Butter$
01-29-2009, 12:55 AM

Expletives don't make you seem any tougher, GUY.

I've seen you in talk alot crap to a few people in couple of threads. Do yourself a favor and pipe down tiger.

This is the dumbest thread up right now and it was destined to have half the people in here come in and say just how dumb it is, deal with it.

The L Train
01-29-2009, 12:59 AM
aaron heilman will throw 3 no hitters

you heard it here first

clang7777
01-29-2009, 01:14 AM
King Felix... in FENWAY too... how sweet would that be?

JHOx26
01-29-2009, 01:22 AM
ill go matt garza. made it three times into the 7th last year. also watch for david price

BoSoxFan2
01-29-2009, 01:38 AM
i am going with oliver perez.... when he is on its lights out

DaaBoTownSox
01-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Not for nothing, but what is this based on?

It's based on his opinion. He's a yankee fan. Enough said.

DaaBoTownSox
01-29-2009, 01:42 AM
And, to give my last 2 cents to this thread...

You guys are all naming these top notch pitchers to throw the no-hitter. Most of the time it is an unknown, or a somewhat mediocre pitcher.

Akagaminosteven
01-29-2009, 03:47 AM
Hiroki Kuroda.

He was inconsistent throughout the year, but last season he had a ton of starts where he outright fooled entire lineups for six innings plus. I think after a season to adjust to batters (and granted, batters will adjust to him) he has the stuff and composure to shut down a lineup for nine innings. Hell, he was one Tex swing from a perfect game.

Matt-the-great
01-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Expletives don't make you seem any tougher, GUY.

I've seen you in talk alot crap to a few people in couple of threads. Do yourself a favor and pipe down tiger.

This is the dumbest thread up right now and it was destined to have half the people in here come in and say just how dumb it is, deal with it.

haha, yeah, sometimes i get a little worked up. some people just really annoy me and i try my best to let them know.

Phelps89
01-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Adam Wainright.

bronxbombers427
01-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Tim Lincecum

Bronxbombers182
01-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Johan Santana!!! He is still the best, and he pitches in the NL now. For the AL I will go with Garza or Liriano. I think Liriano will be great, and Garza is a beast.

cigar17
01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
jon lester will throw a no hitter again :clap::clap:

todu82
01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Roy Halladay

Tekmosis
01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
From the Yankees: Chien-Ming Wang

Others: Roy Halladay, Edinson Volquez

kmo429
01-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Johan Santana, Roy hallady, Justin Verlander (gonna have a big bounce back year), if a big name guys ggonna get one, for smaller name guys, Scott Olsen of the Nats, Mike pelfrey of the Mets, maybe chad billingsley of the dodgers, or james shields of the rays

crc9246
01-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Watch Carl Pavano throw a no no, now that he's out of the spot light

belliard is god
01-30-2009, 07:29 PM
ervin santana

29sbuc
01-30-2009, 09:14 PM
John Grabow

GarlicStench
01-30-2009, 09:17 PM
For the 100th time! TIM LINCECUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29sbuc
01-30-2009, 09:22 PM
"John Grabow is the best pitcher in the MLB according to sabermetrics!!!!"

Love, Seamhead, aka Sabermetric McGahee

abomb4arod
01-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Johan santana

BACCDAD
02-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Oliver Perez and will shut eveyone up.

donnie23
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Watch Carl Pavano throw a no no, now that he's out of the spot light

When was he in the spotlight? He never even got out of his chair.

pa the nigan 14
02-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Lincecum or Hamels.

SnoopRock
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Kevin Slowey.

nady4president
02-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Felix Hernandez possibly

Freel for prez
02-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Gio Gonzalez or Johnny Cueto...Mark it down!

FlyersPhanatic9
02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Colbert Hamels

Spiderman 1nner
02-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Tim Lincecum and Tommy Hanson will throw no hitters in 2009. Both lights out and can complete a game.

frail8
02-07-2009, 03:39 PM
John Santan and Tim Lincecum

-I hope carl pavano will too :D

dismal
02-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Zambrano will throw 2

Sportfan
02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
zack grienke :D

Steve Sax
02-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Lincecum and Zambrano

Matt-the-great
02-07-2009, 11:36 PM
for all of the flak this thread has taken i am surprised that it is still getting activity and has this many responses

BLooDShoT_GrK
02-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Roy Halladay

The Bradley
02-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Randy Johnson. He's got one more in him before he retires

jsand3030
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Zambrano will throw 2

Zito will throw 3

ITS A CUBS WORL
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Rich Harden.

magichatnumber9
02-10-2009, 02:06 PM
the odds go slightly to an unkown Boston Pitcher. At least thats were I would put my money.

Twistedheat
02-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Rich Harden.

NO way... he has the stuff to do that no problem... but he throws to many pitches and also he always gets taken out within 5-6 innings. Cubs gotta protect him..

joey623pr
02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
like i said when this thread was started i think big pelf on a day that alex cora not luis castillo is playin second.

chicagowhitesox
02-10-2009, 09:14 PM
bartolo colon

AirJordanXVIII
02-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Roy Halladay or Cole Hamels.

ehmiu
02-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Ryan Howard and Matt Holiday... No, no, wait - Captain Morgan and the Shamwow guy.

Seriously, this thread will not exist at the end of the season, and no one will remember what anyone else guessed. Seasons have passed without any no-no games pitched... it could be anyone and it could be no one.

<we go through this every year...> :pity:

Talick
02-11-2009, 01:38 AM
lol @ the shamwow guy ^
wait why did i have to post this and prolong the existence of this thread?

johnnylee722
02-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Johan Santana against the Phillies... write down :D

tymonic1
02-11-2009, 03:15 AM
uehara throws 2

tymonic1
02-11-2009, 03:16 AM
okay probably not but it'd be sweet

kmoneyjuice
02-11-2009, 03:39 AM
webb or haren

I vote tooch biggest homer on here. Arizona this and that. Every damn thread.