PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez being wasted on the Blazers?

SlaterRaps
01-26-2009, 06:07 PM
i think Rudy Fernandez could be a legitimate shooting guard but the blazers just arent the team for him to develop. I think they should try and trade him for something they need and let him be a starter on another team

Hellcrooner
01-26-2009, 06:21 PM
1 yes he is beig waster

2 yes if he stays there he will become a career reserve

3 yes he could start in 10 or 12 teams out there

4 yes he could become a legit second ord third option like ginibili if given the playing time and responsability

5 no they wont trade him, his contract is cheap for what he gives them.

6 blazers are caught up thinking they can keep all of the pieces + get a star fa in 0r 10 and think chemistry wont be spoiled.

7 they are wrong, rudy, outlow, webster or bayless wont take being career reserves whe they could become allstars somewhere esle, chemistry problems will begin in a year or two.

8 you are spanish, is obvious

9 you are going to get lot of hate answers for your posts, some of them will be racist.

10 Hola!

SlaterRaps
01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
im not spanish ******* im from Canada
i just see a great player who could be better on another team

Jonathan2323
01-26-2009, 06:58 PM
im not spanish ******* im from Canadai just see a great player who could be better on another team

:laugh2:

blackjack_119
01-26-2009, 07:07 PM

I actually laughed out loud... nice.

As to the original question... I agree, though he will not be traded. Rudy is an extremely talented player who could start on many teams and would have better numbers if he were on the court for 30+ minutes/game.

While that is the case, I highly doubt Portland will trade him. Rudy is the perfect player for the Blazers off of the bench. He is an excellent shooter who can handle the ball and while not a good defender, he gambles at the right time and forces a few turnovers.

Since Portland's roster is so deep, Portland wouldn't want reserve players for him. If Rudy is to be moved, it would have to be as part of a larger package for a Starting PG or SF, who would have to be in their mid-20's to go along with the Blazers championship window. That group is very small and the teams who possess those players would likely not give them up for Rudy and other Blazer reserves.

SlaterRaps
01-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I actually laughed out loud... nice.

As to the original question... I agree, though he will not be traded. Rudy is an extremely talented player who could start on many teams and would have better numbers if he were on the court for 30+ minutes/game.

While that is the case, I highly doubt Portland will trade him. Rudy is the perfect player for the Blazers off of the bench. He is an excellent shooter who can handle the ball and while not a good defender, he gambles at the right time and forces a few turnovers.

Since Portland's roster is so deep, Portland wouldn't want reserve players for him. If Rudy is to be moved, it would have to be as part of a larger package for a Starting PG or SF, who would have to be in their mid-20's to go along with the Blazers championship window. That group is very small and the teams who possess those players would likely not give them up for Rudy and other Blazer reserves.

ya thats true id just like to see him go somewhere. I saw him play in a FIBA game and ive seen some highlights from him over the years and id like to see him become a key part of a good team. the Many Ginoblie comparison id say is a great one and i think if they played him more (which will obviously not happen right now) he could be a very valuable trade asset

IRUAM #21
01-26-2009, 07:15 PM

:laugh:

DerekRE_3
01-26-2009, 07:16 PM

That's great. My favorite post of the day.

SlaterRaps
01-26-2009, 07:17 PM
haha im glad i got a good laugh out of that
guys a ****ing moron
just cause someone likes a spanish player doesnt mean theyre ****ing spanish

DerekRE_3
01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, to him if you don't like Marc Gasol, Rudy Fernandez etc and are from the US then you are racist.

Ansy
01-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Rudy has been a huge contributor to Portland this season. He has 10ppg, but Portland plays the slowest pace in the entire league. His 10ppg actually means a LOT to the Blazers, more than any 10ppg player means to any other team in the entire league, probably. His style blends perfectly with the Blazers because he doesn't need the ball to be effective.

If you view a player's value only in ppg it looks like he's being wasted, but if you view it in terms of blend and helping a team win then he's a huge part of the team.

Rudy will only go if it's part of a bigger package for a star. Portland has no incentive to trade him for lesser players.

Kaptain Kanada
01-26-2009, 07:43 PM

Damn that is funny... we do have Spanish people in Canada though. Maybe you're both!! :cheers:

JermanJaysFan
01-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, to him if you don't like Marc Gasol, Rudy Fernandez etc and are from the US then you are racist.

Canadian are excused from being racists, though, because we like Jose Calderon.

DerekRE_3
01-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Canadian are excused from being racists, though, because we like Jose Calderon.

Exactly, that's why I didn't mention Canada. Personally though, I like Rudy Fernandez. I have been able to see past the racism I inherently have because I'm American. I'm a true success story.

lakers4sho
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Rudy can come to us when his contract is up.

IndyRealist
01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Funny thing is, Hellcrooner was completely right, all the way up through #7.

td0tsfinest
01-26-2009, 09:04 PM

you just made my day bro.
why did he assume you were Spanish, just because you were backing up Rudy Fernandez?
Is talking about Kobe mean we're from Philadelphia (where he was born). Or if the topic is about Dirk, that you are German.

Its funny that he also says your going to get a lot of hate mostly racist comments and the only racist/sterotypical comment i've seen so far is his.

Topic at hand: I love Rudy Fernandez, he has some great offensive skills. And I do agree he's being wasted in Portland, getting limited minutes on team with many weapons on the wing. I'd love to see him in a raptors uniform playing alongside Jose but I don't think Portland is going to let him ago anytime soon.

Hellcrooner
01-26-2009, 09:18 PM
^for what to keep being a reserve for kobe isntead of roy? Frack it!!!!

And that coment mr canadian should deserve some punishment.

Hellcrooner
01-26-2009, 09:23 PM

you just made my day bro.
why did he assume you were Spanish, just because you were backing up Rudy Fernandez?
Is going to Assume if we talk about Kobe that we're from Philadelphia (where he was born). Or if the topic is about Dirk, that you are German.

Its funny that he also says your going to get a lot of hate mostly racist comments and the only racist/sterotypical comment i've seen so far is his.

Topic at hand: I love Rudy Fernandez, he has some great offensive skills. And I do agree he's being wasted in Portland, getting limited minutes on team with many weapons on the wing. I'd love to see him in a raptors uniform playing alongside Jose but I don't think Portland is going to let him ago anytime soon.

Im stating a fact, whenever a i ahve suggested Rudy has to start i have received hate posts.

During last 3 years whenever i stated calderon> tj ford i received a lot of hate posts ( he look who was right in the end):

I still ahve to read an american to say that rudy should start.

If you go to blazers forum you will se crazy talk about Bayless starting and not rudy......

there is no racism in this boards?

Ok somebody post a thread that says, GASOL hAS TO BE IN THE ALLSTAR.

wait 10 minutes and see how many hate responses you got.

And by the way, the "spanish" ******* comment IS racist, and the fact that he has not been scolded a single time but instead has been praised is a PROOF of what i mean.

Thanks god NOT ALL of the posters are that way. Just a small...well Midly Small part of them.

Young2Kinsler
01-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Rudy and Batum to Dallas for Josh Howard( Blazers throw in a bigger contract of course)

Draco
01-26-2009, 09:33 PM

Gold.

6 blazers are caught up thinking they can keep all of the pieces + get a star fa in 0r 10 and think chemistry wont be spoiled.

What are the Blazers supposed to do?

And by the way, the "spanish" ******* comment IS racist I think he meant, "I'm not spanish, you *******". That's a factual statement about his ethnicity or nationality. And assuming he was spanish for whatever unfathomable reason and then thinking he's racist does make you a bit of a *******. IMO.

LeonFSU
01-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Rudy and Batum to Dallas for Josh Howard( Blazers throw in a bigger contract of course)

That'd be a terrible trade for Portland, IMO.

philab
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
And by the way, the "spanish" ******* comment IS racist, and the fact that he has not been scolded a single time but instead has been praised is a PROOF of what i mean.

Thanks god NOT ALL of the posters are that way. Just a small...well Midly Small part of them.

That comment wasn't racist at all.

He said -- "I'm not Spanish, *******" -- calling you a ******* for assuming he was Spanish (presumably).

He did NOT call you a "Spanish *******."

td0tsfinest
01-26-2009, 09:40 PM
^for what to keep being a reserve for kobe isntead of roy? Frack it!!!!

And that coment mr canadian should deserve some punishment.

wait what? I didn't say Rudy going to the Lakers. I said if we're talking about Kobe are you going to assume we're from Philadelphia.

GCOOKIE7
01-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Im stating a fact, whenever a i ahve suggested Rudy has to start i have received hate posts.

During last 3 years whenever i stated calderon> tj ford i received a lot of hate posts ( he look who was right in the end):

If you go to blazers forum you will se crazy talk about Bayless starting and not rudy......

That guy did not say anything racist. If he said "Learn how to speak English you Spanish *******" Then it would be slightly racist.

Hellcrooner
01-26-2009, 09:43 PM

Where is the coma?

He is not saying "im not spanish,*******"

he is saying "im not spanish ******* im canadina"

lakers4sho
01-26-2009, 09:45 PM
wait what? I didn't say Rudy going to the Lakers

No. I suggested that he should come to the Lakers. Kobe's years are numbered and Rudy would be a nice starting SG.

lakers4sho
Where is the coma?

but that's implied. People usually forget the commas when talking/typing on the internet.

Raps18-19 Champ
lol omg ur stupid

ill break it down for u

hes saying

Im not spanish(saying he is not spanish), *******(he is calling you a *******) im canadian(saying hes canadian)

if you wrote it properly with punctuation and full sentence it would say

Im not Spanish, you *******. Im Canadian

you see the comma after spanish

If he was trying to be racist, he would have said "im not a spanish *******"

td0tsfinest
01-26-2009, 09:47 PM

Gasol is having a good season and is a key role for the Lakers. But with Amare and Duncan already Allstars, that leaves 2 forwards spots; im guessing Dirk and Melo will get that spot. That leaves the wild card; now Pau Gasol has a good chance to make it, no doubt. But we will see, how coaches see this.

BTW, he said I'm not spanish, *******. If you need a lesson in english, spanish is a noun in that sentence not an adjective :p.

lakers4sho
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
^^ OK come on, cut him some slack :rolleyes:

Hellcrooner
01-26-2009, 09:51 PM
it will be an adjective when i see the coma.

and anyway insulting another poster does not make it any better.

UK Ivy
01-26-2009, 09:55 PM
greatest thread ever

lakers4sho
01-26-2009, 09:56 PM
^^ and you just ruined it.

blazerman
01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
That's great. My favorite post of the day.

Mine too.

Hellcrooner thinks any spaniard is being wasted if he's not the focal point of a team.

The Blazers would start Rudy if he was the best option at the 2 guard but he's not and he's also just learning the nba game.

In 2 or 3 yrs this question may take on a new look if Rudy chooses to want to leave the Blazers for a starting role elsewhere in the nba. No doubt he can become a starter on another team but I do believe he's happy in Portland and likes his role.

Eventually just about every nba player switches teams for one reason or another but to say a guy is being wasted after 40 nba games is just stupid especially when he averages over 10 ppg on a winning team in his rookie season.

I dont know what this guys fetish for spaniards is all about but Im just glad im not Spanish

One more thing, didnt Phoenix sell the Blazers his draft rights for 3million and wasnt it Rudy's choice to sign with Portland knowing he would be a backup because we already have an allstar at the 2guard. It wasnt like he was financially in need to sign a contract with the Blazers.

Hellcrooner
01-26-2009, 10:07 PM
anyway game wise he is being wasted too.

Rudys strenghts that he constantly dislplayd in europe

1 Handling and creating

2 Driving to the basket

3 creating his own shot.

4 one on ones.

5 Fast break.

6 Dunking

7th Three point shooting.

in portland mcmillan is using ONLY the last one of them, using him as a spot shoother like Kapono.

philab
01-26-2009, 10:23 PM
it will be an adjective when i see the coma.

and anyway insulting another poster does not make it any better.

It's an adjective with or without the comma.

And to read it as "Spanish *******" makes no sense. That would make the sentence -- "I'm not, Spanish *******" -- what the hell does that mean?

And accusing him of making a racist comment -- when that's clearly not the case -- is (or should be to him) just as offensive as any "Spanish *******" comment.

DerekRE_3
01-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Where is the coma?

So he forgot a comma, you of all people shouldn't be getting on him for grammar.

blazerman
01-26-2009, 10:50 PM

1 Handling and creating

2 Driving to the basket

3 creating his own shot.

4 one on ones.

5 Fast break.

6 Dunking

in portland mcmillan is using ONLY the last one of them, using him as a spot shoother like Kapono.

He did do all 7 of those things in the EUROPEAN league! He's in the NBA now and happens to go up against the best players in the world at the 2 guard position Kobe, Wade, Joe Johnson and countless others of a higher skill level than he saw in Europe.

Maybe you shouldnt watch NBA level basketball if you cant handle your spanish players not being the main man on their team like they were in Europe!

NYstateofMinD
01-27-2009, 12:46 AM

Lmaoooo wow thank you I needed that.:laugh:

Now to get back to you. I think he's still developing his NBA game. I see Blazers games and see the talent but I still think they are very deep. Right now Roy is an all star and deserves his minutes, and Outlaw is playing superb and is more NBA ready than Rudy. Rudy will get his minutes soon and will be a great player and I like his game. Don't compare him to Manu though, cuz Rudy doesn't flop.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2009, 01:27 AM
^he hasnt have time to flop yet :p he used to do it a LOT here.

Oh and by the way Rudy displayed all that skills in the olympics against the kobes wades and lebrons.

and he was nto the main man ;) and still did so

Ansy
01-27-2009, 02:04 AM

Rudy's not a point guard. There's also talk about Oden starting over Rudy, does that bother you too?

blackjack_119
01-27-2009, 02:33 AM
Where is the coma?

Are you really asking for proper punctuation? I'll try to point out as many grammatical problems as possible.

This quote needs a capitalization of the "I";
An apostrophe between the "I" and the "M" in "I'm";
The "S" in "Spanish" needs to be capitalized;
There is a missing comma after "Spanish" which is the subject of controversy;
There needs to be a period after "*******";
This quote needs a capitalization of the "I" (second sentence);
An apostrophe between the "I" and the "M" in "I'm" (second sentence);
There needs to be a period after "Canada";

Also, if he were referencing a "Spanish *******" then the word "a" would need to be in front of it: "I'm not a Spanish *******." Based on the authors affinity for writing without punctuation marks, I think he is calling you a ******* as opposed to denying that he is the aforementioned "Spanish *******."

And now that I have wasted everyone's time with a post about grammar, I must conclude that I am the *******.

blackjack_119
01-27-2009, 02:36 AM
Rudy's not a point guard. There's also talk about Oden starting over Rudy, does that bother you too?

At least people are done mistakenly referring to him as Odom.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2009, 03:00 AM
rudy is not a point guard, bayless ISNT a point guard too

so if someone has to start and put roy into Pg duty its rudy.

blackjack_119
01-27-2009, 03:05 AM
rudy is not a point guard, bayless ISNT a point guard too

so if someone has to start and put roy into Pg duty its rudy.

Bayless is better at defending the PG position which is why the team would prefer him to start.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Bayless, defense, hahahahahahahhahahahahaha

the truth is Blazers need BADLY a GOOD point guard and a GOOD third scoring option on the wing ( Rudy could be that, but that is another story) since Oden is limited in offense.

Its also true that they have a lot of BENCH , a lot of DEPTH

there is not a great difference in talent aamong Blake, Bayless and Sergio ( all three are CRAP)

not that a great difference between Rudy and Webster

Not hat a great difference between Outlow and Batum or among Frye and Diogu.

you dont need to be 15 deep for gods sake

You can pack Sergio, Rudy, Outlow, Frye and some picks ( that you also have in great amounnts)plus very desirable expiring from lafrentez into two offers and you can get an Allstar like Pg and a All star like Sf and still have a bench of BAyless, Webseter, Batum, Diogu and Przybila.

Leting the roles CLEARER and not spoiling big talent in the bench.

because its not only Rudy who is being spoiled on the bench, this applies to Outlowand Frye too.

bayless and sergio, not that much because they arent worth a ****, one of them cant shoot and cant penetrat and the other one only knows to shoot and hog.

Ansy
01-27-2009, 03:38 AM
rudy is not a point guard, bayless ISNT a point guard too.

Bayless is much closer to a point guard than Rudy. Way, way closer.

Ansy
01-27-2009, 03:48 AM
because its not only Rudy who is being spoiled on the bench, this applies to Outlowand Frye too.

Rudy really is the only one being spoiled on the bench. Outlaw and Frye could get more shots on other teams but they would get them the same way they get them on the Blazers. They get to use the full spectrum of their talents on this team. Their minutes and stats aren't as high but they get to be who they are.

Rudy on the other hand loses all his great on-the-ball play with the Blazers because he is used as an off-the-ball player. That's more because other players can't play without the ball in their hands than it is that Rudy can't play with it in his hands. Everyone knows he can.

That's the reason the Blazers won't trade Rudy. They may be underusing his abilities by having him play this roll, but nobody else on the Blazers COULD play the roll he plays.

showtime88
01-27-2009, 04:04 AM
I don't think he's wasted in the blazers' camp.. He's just a rookie.. I do think he'll earn his starting spot in the near future.. There's no need to hurry.. I'm sure he will be one of the bright stars for the blazers in the future..

thornz503
01-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Hellcrooner. . . Rudy is happy with his role on this blazer team.

Bayless is a FAR better defender than Rudy as far as man-to-man defense. He has better lateral quickness and general ability to stay between his man and the basket. Any NBA analyst would agree with that. If you have watched a single Blazer game, you would understand this. Rudy gambles and occasionally comes up with a steal or two, but he has much more work to do on the defensive end than Bayless (who needs to work on this facet of his game as well).

Rudy has never experienced the length and intensity of a full NBA season. He'll get better with more experience in the league, and someday become a valuable starter, on who knows what team.

To say that Blake, Bayless, and Rodriguez are crap is an incredibly ignorant statement. Do you actually watch the NBA? Some of your blanket statements are downright naive. . .

Blazers have a great young team. They can be patient and wait to see what offers roll around but I know the blazer front office highly values Fernandez and I don't see him being traded anytime soon, so get used to seeing him in a Blazer uniform.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2009, 05:21 AM
^i dont think so, he is losing money to be there so if he is not starting by february 2010 he will ask for a trade, if they dont do it he will just say them to take their team option for two more years and hide it where the sun does not shine and take some crazy offer from a russian or greek team.

Ansy
01-27-2009, 05:23 AM
if he is not starting by february 2010 he will ask for a trade, if they dont do it he will just say them to take their team option for two more years and hide it where the sun does not shine and take some crazy offer from a russian or greek team.

Do you have any source where he said something along these lines or is this your personal speculation?

Bishnoff
01-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Suns shouldn't have traded him. Rudy would have started for Phoenix this season and we never would have got J Rich. Not saying J Rich isn't a good player, but his production has been way down ever since he left the Warriors.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-27-2009, 08:29 AM
rudy will be a great sg in this league.

jnb58
01-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Hellcrooner. . . Rudy is happy with his role on this blazer team.

Bayless is a FAR better defender than Rudy as far as man-to-man defense. He has better lateral quickness and general ability to stay between his man and the basket. Any NBA analyst would agree with that. If you have watched a single Blazer game, you would understand this. Rudy gambles and occasionally comes up with a steal or two, but he has much more work to do on the defensive end than Bayless (who needs to work on this facet of his game as well).

Rudy has never experienced the length and intensity of a full NBA season. He'll get better with more experience in the league, and someday become a valuable starter, on who knows what team.

To say that Blake, Bayless, and Rodriguez are crap is an incredibly ignorant statement. Do you actually watch the NBA? Some of your blanket statements are downright naive. . .

Blazers have a great young team. They can be patient and wait to see what offers roll around but I know the blazer front office highly values Fernandez and I don't see him being traded anytime soon, so get used to seeing him in a Blazer uniform.

You are SO wrong. Bayless is not much faster but is somewhat quicker than Rudy. Rudy is a better defender and Bayless is the terrible one. Rudy plays MUCH smarter defense and covers much more space.

Rudy is not as physical but he covers the passing lanes much better.

All the rest of your assessments are correct.

La11
01-27-2009, 11:03 AM
didn't phoenix draft rudy and traded him to blazers?

GarlicStench
01-27-2009, 11:58 AM
You are right. Fernandez will not be what he can be until they trade him. To many players at the same position.

IndyRealist
01-27-2009, 01:39 PM
^i dont think so, he is losing money to be there so if he is not starting by february 2010 he will ask for a trade, if they dont do it he will just say them to take their team option for two more years and hide it where the sun does not shine and take some crazy offer from a russian or greek team.

He doesn't get a choice on a team option, that's why it's the team's option. If he refuses to play for the Blazers and takes a contract in a another country, he can NEVER come back to the NBA because Portland would still retain his rights. That was the point in coming here, wasn't it? To prove he belonged? To get a shot at the big bucks? If he's unhappy with his situation, I haven't heard anything about it. If he's unhappy with his contract, he shouldn't have signed it. It's not like he exploded into a 26/5/5 player and said, "I think we should renegotiate my contract."

1 Handling and creating

2 Driving to the basket

3 creating his own shot.

4 one on ones.

5 Fast break.

6 Dunking

#1-6 would require taking the ball out of Brandon Roy's hands. Right now, on an NBA level, Brandon is better than Rudy. Roy is the star of the team, the franchise player, and no way is any sane coach going to tell him to take a backseat to a rookie still learning the NBA.

Yes, Rudy Fernandez is being wasted on the Blazers' bench. But that can be said about any championship caliber team. You NEED guys to sacrifice, you need guys to take lesser roles, you need guys capable of stepping in due to injury, so that you have that much more talent than the other teams. Everything you say about Rudy could be said about Jordan Farmar, or Lamar Odom, Roger Mason Jr, James Posey, Daniel Gibson, etc. Heck, RICHARD HAMILTON IS COMING OFF THE BENCH. It's what good players do for their team.

Gup
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Too deep of team, with too many young players. He'd shine somewheres else

IndyRealist
01-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Fan is short for fanatic, remember.

-Juice-
01-27-2009, 03:14 PM
He is a rookie, he is getting good enough minutes. And the Blazers won't trade him. For what they got for him ($3 million) and how much they are paying him now, they won't trade him.

And the Blazers don't really need any more players. They are stacked as hell.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Nena Kristic wasnt happy in NJ and wasnt happy whith waht they were offering to him, they had the rights to extend his contract unilaterally, he said NO and went on to europe.

Three months later Nj gave up on him and he is in OKC.

So if Rudy is not happy thats what he will do, force the hand in the situation.

And not being in the Nba is not te end of the world when you are being minstreated , Garbajosa, Navarro, Jasikevicius, Giricek etc etc decided it was not worth being constantly underrated and went back to be STARS and win four or five times the money.

Kyle916
01-27-2009, 05:11 PM
The Blazers are utilizing him perfectly.

twoearl
01-27-2009, 05:33 PM
yes i agree, on another team Rudy would be a big rookie of the year candidate, but portland just has to many good players.

IndyRealist
01-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Nena Kristic wasnt happy in NJ and wasnt happy whith waht they were offering to him, they had the rights to extend his contract unilaterally, he said NO and went on to europe.

And not being in the Nba is not te end of the world when you are being minstreated , Garbajosa, Navarro, Jasikevicius, Giricek etc etc decided it was not worth being constantly underrated and went back to be STARS and win four or five times the money.

Kenad Kristic was a restricted free agent, they did not have the right to extend his contract without him signing it. The team had an option of extending him a qualifying offer, to retain his rights, and decided they did not want to tie up the money. They did not think he would come back this year.

Rudy Fernandez will not be a restricted free agent, because he cannot cancel his contract, only the team can. Portland WILL extend his contract, because their cap is already messed up due to Darius Miles. If he leaves for Europe, Portland will retain his rights because they are in title contention in the next few years and they do not want him coming back to the NBA for another team and competing against them.

The situations you are referring to are completely different. The more I respond to your posts, the more I doubt you know what you are talking about. Here is my SOURCE, which you seem to be lacking:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07292008/sports/nets/nets_kristic_heading_to_russia_122129.htm

thornz503
01-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Kenad Kristic was a restricted free agent, they did not have the right to extend his contract without him signing it. The team had an option of extending him a qualifying offer, to retain his rights, and decided they did not want to tie up the money. They did not think he would come back this year.

Rudy Fernandez will not be a restricted free agent, because he cannot cancel his contract, only the team can. Portland WILL extend his contract, because their cap is already messed up due to Darius Miles. If he leaves for Europe, Portland will retain his rights because they are in title contention in the next few years and they do not want him coming back to the NBA for another team and competing against them.

The situations you are referring to are completely different. The more I respond to your posts, the more I doubt you know what you are talking about. Here is my SOURCE, which you seem to be lacking:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07292008/sports/nets/nets_kristic_heading_to_russia_122129.htm

Hellcrooner doesn't get material this complicated. Good luck getting through to him.

lakers4sho
01-27-2009, 06:16 PM
That's nice to know :rolleyes:

Nets fan 93
01-28-2009, 12:20 AM

Who do you see? Kobe? LeBron? KG?
I hope you did not just call Rudy freakin Fernandez a "Great player"

Nets didnt want to give him an extension. Nenad was never unhappy...idiot

Hellcrooner
01-28-2009, 12:51 AM
I got it !!!!

Blazers need:

A Better PG

A Better SF that does not hog the ball and has GREAT D

A perimeter defensive presence.

Some "young veterans" and some playoff veterans.

Somebody take a phone and call Bobcats

Bobcats could use:

A reserve PG since they dont want FELTON ( who is better than any of portlands three pg) enter Sergio Rodriguez

A three point scoring menace and a good SG since they lost that in the Suns Trade...enter RUDY .

Some Cap space enter LAFRENTZ.

they need to even out the trade finantially so the can get out of their contracts....DEFENSIVE VETERAN Raja Bell.

We all know they are shopping Defensive Forward WALLACE who is nto a hog.

Felton/Blake/Bayless

Roy/Bell/Webster

Wallace/Outlow/Batum

Aldrige/Frye/Diogu

Oden/Przybila/Randolph.

and then DJ/Rudy/Diaw/Okafor/Mohammed as bobcats starters.

ragee
01-28-2009, 01:58 AM

What up Y2K! I am a Blazer fan too so I don't want to trade Jho here! Blazers don't want to trade for another pot head! LOL We should trade him to another team!

Hellcrooner
01-28-2009, 02:03 AM
And by the way, Brevinknight, i got called ******** and had a lot of fights about Calderon deserving to start three and two years ago, people would go mad on me and insult me.

well... Look who is in To and who got traded.

ragee
01-28-2009, 02:05 AM

Look, I love Rudy but I think there is no way he is starting... He is a good player but Roy is great! And by that, I am not being a racist... Just being a realist... And people saying that Bayless should start and not Rudy are not being racist... They just see know that Roy is a better player than Rudy right now and the Blazers needed a pg and Bayless did so well in the summer league...
If only Rudy could be faster and make his playmaking skills superb, maybe we could put him at point... I don't want to lose that guy coz I think he will get better...

brandonwarne52
How do you know how to spell ****** but not ********?

Maybe some people shouldn't cast stones?

#24 Lakerland

ragee
01-28-2009, 02:07 AM
7 they are wrong, rudy, outlow, webster or bayless wont take being career reserves whe they could become allstars somewhere esle, chemistry problems will begin in a year or two.

I hate for this to happen but I think it is true... We will lose players and I think Rudy will be the first one... I think Webster will stay with us... Outlaw, maybe... But Rudy and Bayless? They will get better and they would want more playing time...

Young2Kinsler
01-28-2009, 02:14 AM
If I like Dirk Nowitzki, does that make me a German *******?

blackjack_119
01-28-2009, 02:21 AM
I got it !!!!

Blazers need:

A Better PG

A Better SF that does not hog the ball and has GREAT D

A perimeter defensive presence.

Some "young veterans" and some playoff veterans.

Somebody take a phone and call Bobcats

Bobcats could use:

A reserve PG since they dont want FELTON ( who is better than any of portlands three pg) enter Sergio Rodriguez

A three point scoring menace and a good SG since they lost that in the Suns Trade...enter RUDY .

Some Cap space enter LAFRENTZ.

they need to even out the trade finantially so the can get out of their contracts....DEFENSIVE VETERAN Raja Bell.

We all know they are shopping Defensive Forward WALLACE who is nto a hog.

Felton/Blake/Bayless

Roy/Bell/Webster

Wallace/Outlow/Batum

Aldrige/Frye/Diogu

Oden/Przybila/Randolph.

and then DJ/Rudy/Diaw/Okafor/Mohammed as bobcats starters.

As a Blazer fan, I would do that deal in a heartbeat, but there is not way that Sergio, Rudy and Raef's contract can become Wallace, Felton and Bell... no way.

ragee
01-28-2009, 02:22 AM
If I like Dirk Nowitzki, does that make me a German *******?

Guess I'm a German too! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ragee
01-28-2009, 02:25 AM
As a Blazer fan, I would do that deal in a heartbeat, but there is not way that Sergio, Rudy and Raef's contract can become Wallace, Felton and Bell... no way.

I think they might... They almost gave Felton to Dallas for Diop... As a Blazer and Rudy fan, NO... I don't want Rudy to go anywhere! :D

JWalk126
01-28-2009, 02:25 AM
I speek Gud Inglish

my traditions are Litvack, but I don't necessarily like any of the Lithuanian players...

back on topic, what team would Rudy fit on?

ragee
01-28-2009, 02:32 AM
I speek Gud Inglish

my traditions are Litvack, but I don't necessarily like any of the Lithuanian players...

I think he would fit perfectly on the team that was stupid enough to give him away! The Suns! Sucks for them, good steal for us! Thank God this team has a very rich owner!

blackjack_119
01-28-2009, 02:36 AM
I think they might... They almost gave Felton to Dallas for Diop... As a Blazer and Rudy fan, NO... I don't want Rudy to go anywhere! :D

But for Wallace, Bell and Felton... you have to do that. That trade solves all of the teams glaring problems.
Perimeter Defense: Bell is an excellent perimeter defender and Wallace is above average.
Veteran presence: Wallace and Bell have more experience than most of our rotation
Physicality: Wallace would give us a legit slasher who can handle the ball and play physical.

blackjack_119
01-28-2009, 02:40 AM
I speek Gud Inglish

As a starter...
Orlando
Toronto
Chicago
LA Clippers
Dallas
Knicks
There are a few others.

ragee
01-28-2009, 02:45 AM
But for Wallace, Bell and Felton... you have to do that. That trade solves all of the teams glaring problems.
Perimeter Defense: Bell is an excellent perimeter defender and Wallace is above average.
Veteran presence: Wallace and Bell have more experience than most of our rotation
Physicality: Wallace would give us a legit slasher who can handle the ball and play physical.

I don't know... Maybe I guess... But I think if we just let him play for a while, he can be greater... If we can keep him after that then great! If not, trade him... By then we can get an even better deal...

thedfactor
01-28-2009, 03:13 AM
trade him to dallas

Hellcrooner
01-28-2009, 03:30 AM
I think he would start in :

Knicks , and there he could be even a First option until they land the FA in 2010

Nets, Carter can play SF

Raptors, He becomes Second Option.

Sixers....im not sure, can Igoudala play Sf consistently?

Celtics: NO

Bobcats: Yes for sure and could even be Second option.

Hawks: NO WAY

Magic: Yes , fourth option but starter anyway.... dont like the idea.

Heat : NO WAY

Wizzards. ....er tecnically yes but i wouldnt want him there with Gilbert Butler and Jamison taking all the shots

Cavs, Of course, And it may convince Lebron to Stay, pity they got nothing interestin for blazers.

Pistons: NO

Bulls:....No.... unless Gordon is Flying out after the season.

Pacers: mmmm Maybe but he does not need to go into a fight with Dunleavy and Rush, so not Thanks.

Lakers: worst nightmare, No ...until 2014 or something like that.

Clippers: NO, gordon is doing a good job.

Suns : No, not now with Jrich ( even rudys ceilling is better). Wish they enver trade him to portland, nor Sergio, come one, cheap owner....

Warriors: No

Mavs. .....MMM No unless they use Terry as Back up Pg to Kidd.

Spurs: No, two manus is not a good fit.

Rockets:IF t.mac goes out why not?

Hornets: WOW, perfect fit, third option.

Grizzlies, mm yes, They are tryting to use Mayo as PG so yes.

Blazers: No :p

So.....thuder: No

Wlves: No

Jazz: yes

Nuggets.....mmmm YES, Jr isnt better than him.

JWalk126
01-28-2009, 04:05 AM
the Cavs, Raptors and Spurs were the 1st teams that came to mind as a Euro style playing NBA team. but as crooner said, he wouldn't improve his starting chances much if goes to those teams

Hellcrooner
01-28-2009, 04:15 AM
In the cavs he would , Williams, Rudy, Lebron, Wallace and Ilgauskas, and given Wallace does not score much and ilgauskas has slowed down, he woudl be second or third option .

Hellcrooner
01-28-2009, 04:16 AM
The perfect style for him tough would be Dantonis.

If somehow knicks could land him , Robinson and Rudy woudl be a Back court i would pay to watch.

jnb58
01-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Your problem is that you are worried about his shots and not if he wins. Do you want him to get wins and glory for being the best 6th man in the league or do you want him to score like crazy and never win?

The Blazers are the best option for him if he wants to be an essential part on a winning team.

I LOVE Rudy but being the 6th man is better than most 3rd options on loosing teams offensively. Look at who is in the running this year.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Well how about if he wins being an important part of it?

valade16
01-28-2009, 07:18 AM
hellcrooner, the only problem I have with your line of thinking is you are only concerned about his shot selection and you disregard the style they play and the on court chemistry. Don't forget Batum actually starts for the blazers and plays less minutes than Fernandez and many other backups. This is because the Blazers have enough offense in their first unit with Aldridge and Roy, where as if they added Rudy to their starting lineup their second unit wouldn't have a playmaker of Rudys caliber.

Also, look at other foreign stars first years:

Ginobili 21 minutes and 7.8 ppg
Nowitzki 21 minutes and 8.2 ppg
Calderon 23 minutes and 5.5 ppg

While Fernandez is getting 26 minutes a night and scoring 10.8 points, he's actually getting MORE playing time, shots, and points per game than the majority of foreign stars were in their rookie years...

In fact Rudy is 9th among rookies in playing time, and 9th in scoring, with the most telling stat being that EVERY ROOKIE THAT IS AVERAGING MORE POINTS OR MINUTES PER GAME THAN RUDY FERNANDEZ PLAYS ON A TEAM THAT HAS A WORSE RECORD THAN THE BLAZERS. AND ONLY 1 OF THOSE TEAMS ACTUALLY HAS A WINNING RECORD (MIAMI)...

Not to mention that Rudy is on a team that features 4 rookies, with one being a former #1 overall pick, and he is averaging the most points and minutes of any rookies on the team. He's 5th on the team in minutes played (meaning he gets starters minutes), 5th in ppg, and 5th in shots per game...

BCN connection
01-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Rudy is a terrific go-to player and deserves a starting spot and much more minutes than he has in Portland. I have seen Rudy playing in Europe and he is going to make a major impact in the NBA. His all-around game is fantastic, he can play 1, 2 or 3. He is a winner and he is a player you will love to see.

As a Hawk fan, I would love him to play in Atlanta.
I know Portland is very interested in Mike Bibby.
¿What about Bibby for Rudy and Sergio Rodriguez?

Both teams win.

JWalk126
01-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Rudy is a terrific go-to player and deserves a starting spot and much more minutes than he has in Portland. I have seen Rudy playing in Europe and he is going to make a major impact in the NBA. His all-around game is fantastic, he can play 1, 2 or 3. He is a winner and he is a player you will love to see.

As a Hawk fan, I would love him to play in Atlanta.
I know Portland is very interested in Mike Bibby.
¿What about Bibby for Rudy and Sergio Rodriguez?

Both teams win.

this doesn't prove anything, but this seems like a trade that could work

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=61~1031~3204~454~3025&teams=22~22~1~1~1&te=&cash=22:1

BCN connection
01-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I like it.

NBAkYD
01-28-2009, 09:28 AM
I think this started talk is kinda crazy, I may be wrong because I don't watch him play that often but the guy's stats say that he's really just a scorer. I think he could definitely get more minutes off the bench, and I would love to have a guy that can hit threes and actually do something else in Philly, but I just don't think that at this point, in his rookie season, he is an NBA starter.

lakers4sho
01-28-2009, 11:35 AM
The perfect style for him tough would be Dantonis.

If somehow knicks could land him , Ricky and Rudy woudl be a Back court i would pay to watch.

edited :)

Young2Kinsler
01-28-2009, 12:23 PM
this doesn't prove anything, but this seems like a trade that could work

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=61~1031~3204~454~3025&teams=22~22~1~1~1&te=&cash=22:1

What would motivate portland to make that trade? I hate trade machine for this reason, salaries matching doesn't make a trade plausable.

GCOOKIE7
01-28-2009, 01:04 PM
So am I the only one that got an infraction?

JordansBulls
01-28-2009, 01:21 PM
This thread is done.